Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2013, 10:27 PM #1
Shawn*Walker

Response from Shawn about the current state of the NPPL

Hello all. I understand there is some confusion and frustration with the NPPL right now. In hindsight we may have not been as clear as we should have when we announced the changeover in management after the Huntington Beach event.

Seems as though there is 2 main issues right now. #1 is the issue of closing out HB and outstanding debts. #2 is the issue of how the NPPL will proceed moving forward.

#1 – The old management of the NPPL is responsible for all the debts of HB and backwards. They also received all the revenue from HB and backwards. When PBPromotions took over after HB one of the conditions was not taking on any debt of the old company. I know Chuck is working hard to handle all the debts and he has almost all taken care of. I also know that the HB event lost a fair amount of money and he had to make tough choices on what he was going to pay when. He told me the reason he chose to not pay out the Pro prizes first was that those Pro’s were owners of the league and understood the financial problems the league was going through. He thought they would understand since they were in on the meetings and conference calls regarding the finances of the league. Most did understand. Some did not. He is now trying to get everything outstanding taken care of asap. Any further questions on this should be directed to Chuck.

#2 - The new management of the NPPL is financially stable and is in the process of infusing some new blood and new money into the league. The remainder of the events are going to happen no matter how many teams are in attendance. You will likely see many changes as time goes on as we continue to shift the mission to sustainable events. We are working on some exciting changes and improvements to the model that should help teams be able to attend the remaining events. Some of these things include lowering entry fees and giving entry fees and paint as prizes,

This is a turnaround project for sure. But we are dedicated to offer a quality event for an affordable cost.

I know its difficult for you, the customer, to separate the old company from the new and I also understand I have history with the NPPL and you don’t have any reason to necessarily believe a new vision or what I say is the new direction. All I can do is communicate the best I know how, be as transparent as possible and throw good events. Then time will judge if the future events are something you would like to participate in or not.

The event this weekend at OXCC is a good 1st example of promising an event and delivering on that no matter the team count (which is lower than ever). The teams that are attending will get a great event and great experience and hopefully shows my commitment to the future.
Shawn*Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM #2
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
Andocommando owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Andocommando posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn*Walker View Post
Hello all. I understand there is some confusion and frustration with the NPPL right now. In hindsight we may have not been as clear as we should have when we announced the changeover in management after the Huntington Beach event.

Seems as though there is 2 main issues right now. #1 is the issue of closing out HB and outstanding debts. #2 is the issue of how the NPPL will proceed moving forward.

#1 – The old management of the NPPL is responsible for all the debts of HB and backwards. They also received all the revenue from HB and backwards. When PBPromotions took over after HB one of the conditions was not taking on any debt of the old company. I know Chuck is working hard to handle all the debts and he has almost all taken care of. I also know that the HB event lost a fair amount of money and he had to make tough choices on what he was going to pay when. He told me the reason he chose to not pay out the Pro prizes first was that those Pro’s were owners of the league and understood the financial problems the league was going through. He thought they would understand since they were in on the meetings and conference calls regarding the finances of the league. Most did understand. Some did not. He is now trying to get everything outstanding taken care of asap. Any further questions on this should be directed to Chuck.

#2 - The new management of the NPPL is financially stable and is in the process of infusing some new blood and new money into the league. The remainder of the events are going to happen no matter how many teams are in attendance. You will likely see many changes as time goes on as we continue to shift the mission to sustainable events. We are working on some exciting changes and improvements to the model that should help teams be able to attend the remaining events. Some of these things include lowering entry fees and giving entry fees and paint as prizes,

This is a turnaround project for sure. But we are dedicated to offer a quality event for an affordable cost.

I know its difficult for you, the customer, to separate the old company from the new and I also understand I have history with the NPPL and you don’t have any reason to necessarily believe a new vision or what I say is the new direction. All I can do is communicate the best I know how, be as transparent as possible and throw good events. Then time will judge if the future events are something you would like to participate in or not.

The event this weekend at OXCC is a good 1st example of promising an event and delivering on that no matter the team count (which is lower than ever). The teams that are attending will get a great event and great experience and hopefully shows my commitment to the future.
Great response and this is what I like to see

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 AM #3
Jmull5
Mank*

Jmull5 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Jmull5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jmull5 plays in the APPA D4 division
For those not at the event we all agree y'all should invest in hd cameras and commentators informing viewers on who is playing who.

That would be much appreciated
Jmull5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 PM #4
BUCK BUCK #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andocommando View Post
Great response and this is what I like to see
Is Valken paying you to come on here and kiss up, hoping everyone will forget about the NPPL not paying out prizes from HB?
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:03 PM #5
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCK BUCK #1 View Post
Is Valken paying you to come on here and kiss up, hoping everyone will forget about the NPPL not paying out prizes from HB?
No, I love to play paintball. I have been a long supporter of PSP. I have always wanted to try 7man before it died off. We were planning on playing the Denver event before it was moved it Chicago, and we are still planning on playing the Chicago NPPL event, we were just a little anxious about it being cancelled.

Troll elsewhere little boy, or else I'm gonna tell your daddy.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:09 PM #6
BUCK BUCK #1

Why support a league that won't honor it's obligation to pay out prize money? 7 man is done, the players don't support it.

I wasn't trolling, it was an honest question. You're sponsored by Valken (probably just a softgoods discount), so you obviously have some allegiance to them and the NPPL.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:12 PM #7
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Why support a league that won't honor it's obligation to pay out prize money? 7 man is done, the players don't support it.

I wasn't trolling, it was an honest question. You're sponsored by Valken (probably just a softgoods discount), so you obviously have some allegiance to them and the NPPL.
Haha. You know so little.

I just said I've never played an NPPL.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:46 PM #8
Jmull5
Mank*

Jmull5 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Jmull5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jmull5 plays in the APPA D4 division
Psp>7 Man

10 Man> All
Jmull5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 PM #9
pmac2002

Quote:

you are a troll.

you have nothing to stand on...you dont play NPPL do you even play PSP? or are you a keyboard paintball player...?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 PM #10
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
7paintball supports Ninja Paintball
I hope you can make some changes and bring back the league.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:50 PM #11
robs45
Big Man

robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is Immortal
robs45 supports DLX Technology
robs45 supports DLX Technology
Quick question, I understand your position on prize packages from HB. But there was no prior notice of change on the set prize package set by the NPPL for NEO. Are you going to follow the prize packages set by the NPPL??
Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 PM #12
xNuRve

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
xNuRve plays in the APPA D3 division
xNuRve supports DLX Technology
Quote:

All you do on here is bash the NPPL. You probably don't even play in any major league. Shawn finally puts up a good response for what's going on, including the debts. So stfu and get off nation little kid
xNuRve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:17 AM #13
rjs21

plays in the NXL
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 plays in the APPA D3 division
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Shawn walker is legit. I feel is the best chAnge for the league

rjs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:44 AM #14
patrickusaf08

patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
patrickusaf08 supports DLX Technology
I dnt play in any major tourneys as work schedule does not afford me the opportunity to do such. That being said I think more people would be into nppl if there was a reliable webcast with someone like matty from pba commentating. It will help new players see and understand what is going on, and help the fan base grow.
patrickusaf08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:59 AM #15
BUCK BUCK #1

Childish insults aside, I'll answer this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNuRve View Post
Shawn finally puts up a good response for what's going on, including the debts.
You call that a "good response"? I hope you never work for a PR firm. Here's his response in a nutshell:

#1: "Teams who didn't get paid? Not my problem. Talk to Chuck if you want the money you're entitled to." (Notice how Chuck has kind of...disappeared since Shawn "took over"? Good luck getting your money.)

#2: "Here's my standard line of promises promises promises. Oh and by the way, the prize packages are going to be way less. Also, we won't charge you as much in entry fees because D3-D4 teams won't be able to afford what the real pro teams that have already deserted the league would pay."

This "response" is more an abdication of responsibility than anything else. It shifts blame of the debts to Chuck and makes vague promises.

Now go ahead and insult me some more because you know I'm right and insults are all you have left. Go on.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BUCK BUCK #1 : 06-09-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:18 AM #16
brandooghey

Hate to break it to all of you NPPL guys, but this league is going to take a massive **** soon. Not like it hasn't already, but this one will be worse.

Sorry but I don't know of many things worse a league can do than not payout promised prize money.
brandooghey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:27 PM #17
ADOLF
SD VANDALS

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs21 View Post
Shawn walker is legit. I feel is the best chAnge for the league
I guess you didnt mind paying for his hummer when he ran xpsl and nppl before..

Buck: that is exactly what Snake Walker is like.. but unfortunately some no most of those teams are in his area and cant say much..
Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 PM #18
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK

BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Childish insults aside, I'll answer this one...

You call that a "good response"? I hope you never work for a PR firm. Here's his response in a nutshell:

#1: "Teams who didn't get paid? Not my problem. Talk to Chuck if you want the money you're entitled to." (Notice how Chuck has kind of...disappeared since Shawn "took over"? Good luck getting your money.)

#2: "Here's my standard line of promises promises promises. Oh and by the way, the prize packages are going to be way less. Also, we won't charge you as much in entry fees because D3-D4 teams won't be able to afford what the real pro teams that have already deserted the league would pay."

This "response" is more an abdication of responsibility than anything else. It shifts blame of the debts to Chuck and makes vague promises.

Now go ahead and insult me some more because you know I'm right and insults are all you have left. Go on.
dude...plz get some buck buck t-shirts made...when you do...send me your pp so i can order one..lol
Old 06-10-2013, 08:04 AM #19
pbackman125
Ξ✪Ξ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
I hope you can make some changes and bring back the league.
DC ARSENAL FAN #98
Official Baltimore Trauma Fan #671
pbackman125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:14 AM #20
Sharpie_H8
Show. No. Love.

Sharpie_H8 plays in the PSP
Sharpie_H8 plays in the APPA D4 division
Chuck has not disappeared. He was walking around at NEO.
Stuntin but never frontin, since 91.
Sharpie_H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM #21
Shawn*Walker

Buck Buck #1 - I see you're from Canada maybe you are associated with Vendetta? If you're not I'm a bit unclear on why you keep saying the same thing over and over. You say you aren't trolling but most of all your posts across multiple threads are negative against me or the NPPL.

I don't mind negativity towards me or my decisions, It comes with the territory, but I'm also trying to solve a problem that was not created by me.

I have always been pro paintball first. Not pro NPPL or PSP or Airball or Woodsball etc etc. I want to help paintball and if me losing money throwing NPPL events helps paintball I'm on board.

I'm also very logical and want to solve problems rather that continuing to talk about those problems. How about some talk about solutions not just issues?
Shawn*Walker is offline   Reply With Quote