Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-13-2009, 05:24 PM #1
Andre 3000

has been a member for 10 years
Andre 3000 supports Team VICIOUS
Andre 3000 is for the Gunfight
Wow, stupid move

Does anyone else think that the acvertisment in the magazines is a dumb one? I mean, c'mon! A guy shooting a cops with one of these?
Andre 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2009, 06:02 PM #2
enviousjohn

That's what I use mine for.
enviousjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 PM #3
lamorte
mod a la mode

lamorte is a Supporting Member
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
Arrow looking past your nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre 3000 View Post
Does anyone else think that the acvertisment in the magazines is a dumb one? I mean, c'mon! A guy shooting a cops with one of these?
they're not only for regular paintball use but for military and police training as well.

kingman training......get it?

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
lamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 PM #4
ResQue349

I'm surprised, big as kingman is and for so many years in the business they tend not to come up with a tournament marker to compete against dye, eclipse, etc. Look at Dangerous Power they came out with decent marker that can compete in the tournament scene. To eaches own I guess.
ResQue349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM #5
bigog_68
this is a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamorte View Post
they're not only for regular paintball use but for military and police training as well.

on the nose. the FX pistol is currently the main competitor in the training arena; for the most part because it operates as a real sidearm.

Its a nice approach at the market but I don’t know how well it will be utilized since it still lacks some components for training in the law enforcement arena.

I do think in scenario and pistol competitions it will be a great alternative - I would love to dual wield two of these just for fun
save the whales, collect the whole set.
bigog_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 PM #6
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResQue349 View Post
I'm surprised, big as kingman is and for so many years in the business they tend not to come up with a tournament marker to compete against dye, eclipse, etc. Look at Dangerous Power they came out with decent marker that can compete in the tournament scene. To eaches own I guess.
It just wouldn't be worth it for them to make a high-end. I mean no one is going to pay $1000 for a sear tripper, and the new Electra has pretty much optimized that marker design already anyways. Even if Kingman put out a decent marker for a decent price to compete with high-ends they would sell so few just because people associate Spyders with low-ends.

They know their market, they continue to sell markers and make tons of money without taking any drastic leaps forward, so why not stay in their safe little niche in the industry? Same reason Tippmann doesn't bother to make high-ends: they know their market and they know how to make lots of profits in it.
xXBloodLustACXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:29 AM #7
x420psykoticx
Business Cat

x420psykoticx is a Supporting Member
x420psykoticx plays in the PSP
x420psykoticx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
x420psykoticx is an NCPA player
x420psykoticx is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
x420psykoticx is Legendary
x420psykoticx is Boss
Even if they could come up with an awesome high end (which they wouldn't have to pay for R&D, etc)...

...They still make a killing on all the Spyders, low ends, etc that are sold in mass volumes.
¯\(º_o)/¯ How I make intelligent posts?
x420psykoticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:34 AM #8
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Kingman did have a high-end at one point. It was called the EM-1. Nice little shooter, but Kingman is known for thier low-end stuff, so it flopped. It would be a mistake if they tried that again. Sure, some people would buy it. Maybe even alot of people would buy it. But not enough to matter.

And BTW, the EM-1 was a FASOR done a little differently. Had all the features of the time, too. For it's day, it really was a nice shooter.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:09 PM #9
lamorte
mod a la mode

lamorte is a Supporting Member
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagFan View Post
.........Kingman is known for thier low-end stuff, so it flopped. It would be a mistake if they tried that again. ...........
they did, in the form of the raven primal.

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
lamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:14 PM #10
ResQue349

I'm just saying if dangerous power is able to put a nice gun that was affordable that's not sear I'm sure that kingman could also and still stay in the market of affordable markers. it's getting to the point that people are becoming more educated in shopping for the right marker for the right price. Less mods they have to do to the marker the better, I'm sure they already have a R&D in place if not they would'nt have came up with the trainer markers. Just my opinion.
ResQue349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 PM #11
LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS

Quote:

i lold soooo hard

Message me, cash in hand
LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:10 PM #12
MagFan

Quote:
they did, in the form of the raven primal.
I completely forgot about that gun. But it didn't have the feel of quality as the EM-1 did. The Primal just felt like a Wrath, kinda cheep and a little cheesey.

The EM-1 on the other hand felt just like a Bushmaster with a single trigger (and better trigger, once they released it with a double frame). And mind you, Bushmasters were very populasr gun at the time. They were the nice low-priced high-end shooters of the day. In fact, I still love mine and use it as a backup to my eMag.

And what's wrong with sear trippers? They work just fine. A gun being a sear tripper does not make it any less smooth. Look at eMags; they are incredibly smooth shooting guns. And eBlades; they are part sear tripper, part pneumatic. And the SLG is even pretty smooth. Sear tripping is not a fault, the marker design is. I hate it when people use that as an insult.
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."
Old 05-15-2009, 09:10 PM #13
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagFan View Post
I completely forgot about that gun. But it didn't have the feel of quality as the EM-1 did. The Primal just felt like a Wrath, kinda cheep and a little cheesey.

The EM-1 on the other hand felt just like a Bushmaster with a single trigger (and better trigger, once they released it with a double frame). And mind you, Bushmasters were very populasr gun at the time. They were the nice low-priced high-end shooters of the day. In fact, I still love mine and use it as a backup to my eMag.

And what's wrong with sear trippers? They work just fine. A gun being a sear tripper does not make it any less smooth. Look at eMags; they are incredibly smooth shooting guns. And eBlades; they are part sear tripper, part pneumatic. And the SLG is even pretty smooth. Sear tripping is not a fault, the marker design is. I hate it when people use that as an insult.
I have like 4 EM1's, I love them, definitely my favorite Kingman product of all.

The Primal was their second attempt at high-ends but that was far worse a flop than the EM1, I know virtually 0 people that own/have seen/have heard of the Primal as opposed to many who know the EM1 from back in the day.

But yeah. High-ends just aren't Kingman's thing, so it's stupid for them to try. Timmys are basically the closest thing to high-end Spyders (I know, it's a stretch, but still).
Old 05-16-2009, 02:36 AM #14
MagFan

I always lusted over the revamped EM-1 with the double trigger frame and splash-ish anno. If I could find one sub-$150, I'd be all over it.

But alas, I was a poor 8th grader when that was out, and my paper route didn't allow me to purchase it.

EDIT: The green splash-ish anno, that is. Any other color just doesn't compare.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:57 AM #15
tnttactical
DJ GRAMPS

tnttactical donated to help Peyton Trent
tnttactical supports Team VICIOUS
tnttactical posts videos on PbNation
tnttactical has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
tnttactical is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre 3000 View Post
Does anyone else think that the advertisment in the magazines is a dumb one? I mean, c'mon! A guy shooting a cops with one of these?

I thought the same thing...regardless if it is used for traing for cops or not, I think it gives the general public or just some punk kids the wrong idea about Paintball!
tnttactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:43 AM #16
Bunker_downpaintball

Bunker_downpaintball helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttactical View Post
I thought the same thing...regardless if it is used for traing for cops or not, I think it gives the general public or just some punk kids the wrong idea about Paintball!
This is where it goes good or bad. I personally see a bunch of kids getting a hold of these and doing something really stupid with them. I'm praying that doesn't happen though.

http://www.youtube.com/bunkerdownpaintball
Bunker_downpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 AM #17
Cloak&Shotgun
John Cleese=My F'n Hero

Don't forget the spyder RSX this marker is a beast... was a cheap backup for me and sometimes I use it over my other high ends... plus its got a tadao board stock
Cloak&Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:27 PM #18
LAH75

LAH75 works for a Paintball manufacturer
LAH75 supports Cereal Killerz 2
LAH75 donated to help Peyton Trent
LAH75 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttactical View Post
The ad "tries" to convey training but some will get the wrong idea for sure. I have tried out these guns and like them for pure fun. I think these are great products for shananagins and good times but for training I don't believe they will be that great. The RAM guns are .43 cal and have true blowback, they seem really good for training. I should be testing some of those out soon.

The Kingman guns can be fun for sure! Pick up a set and grab some goggles and go have fun. Be safe and enjoy them. We sure do.

Like our jerseys? Get your team laced up, No min order. No limit on design changes:
Anthrax Paintball
Want us to come to your field and promote it? Just message us to find out how to make it happen.
Special Thanks to our sponsors Steel Flame, Pops Tacos, ANTHRAX Custom Gear, Thrive IG, KM Straps, Giant Tactical, Hollywood Sports Park!
LAH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 AM #19
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
I was thinking the same thing about the ad... it does seem a tad iffy.

Also, Kingman does the "low-end" thing and makes more money on it than very likely any other paintball-specific company still on the market.

As for the sear-tripper discussion, I must insist that the feel of all of those guns is significantly different from that of an electro-pnuematic. If you haven't noticed the difference, then you can't have been playing long.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:52 PM #20
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

It was a stupid move, but I'm not talking about the ad. The whole idea to release a pistol and make it the focus of a much bigger company, that was the stupid move.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:00 AM #21
foughtwolf
First-And-Only Men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBloodLustACXx View Post
It was a stupid move, but I'm not talking about the ad. The whole idea to release a pistol and make it the focus of a much bigger company, that was the stupid move.
Dye and Proto ring a bell?

Smart Parts and DLX?

"Originally posted by BGardner: AkA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. The put themselves out of business."
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote