Community Focus

Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 PM #22
Legion226
RL

Legion226 is an NCPA player
Legion226 plays in the APPA beginner division
Legion226 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Legion226 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Im very glad to see it is for HL2! Its also great to see you guys taking in nation support, because thats what will make this game great; taking ideas/support from actual paintballers. This will again raise the bar for paintball video games and is going to be miles ahead of anything that Hastings puts out for years.
Legion226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 PM #23
minime

minime is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pievendor View Post
I was one of the DPB team members (went by Adrenaline back then), so I figured I'd give an update on the internal state of DPB:

DPB2 started when most of the core team were moving onto college or into their professional careers (read: we acquired lives). Since then, there hasn't been a whole lot of momentum because our life priorities changed. Kuja/Kraln and I have made a couple attempts to get the team back together, but without much success.

We're in the very slow process of a full rewrite and will need all new art created as well. So that means we need 3D modelers, 2D artists, programmers and sound engineers. I'm sure PBNation has plenty of talent floating around.

So I guess this is a call to arms for anyone that is willing to help. We need help on every front, so if you're interested, let me know and we'll get to talking.

We don't have a projected time for completion because we're so far away. I can, however, show you two HUD concepts we came up with. The first got scrapped because the direction sucked. The second still sucks, but it's better than the first.

http://robzienert.com/dpb/concept1-b.jpg

http://robzienert.com/dpb/concept2-a.jpg
I've got some programming experience (the company I work for develops system software for a manycore based super computer) and would love to see what you've got. My experience is very low level programming, but I should be able to pick up graphics programming rather quickly.

Flex 7 F/S

minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:12 PM #24
Legion226
RL

Legion226 is an NCPA player
Legion226 plays in the APPA beginner division
Legion226 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Legion226 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Forgot to mention that I dont have the tools required to help with what you guys asked for but I would be more than willing to help in other ways, like beta testing when the time is right, look over the stats for the markers etc.

I worked for EA to create the FIFA 09 database so I can help with that sort of stuff
Legion226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:38 AM #25
Kuja

Kuja is a Supporting Member
Hello.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:02 PM #26
PlasmaTBM
The Big Man

I used to play DPB back in the day as well. Id more more than happy to play again. Add me on steam, PlasmaTBM, and put pbn in the message.
PlasmaTBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 PM #27
CameronY
*907*

CameronY is a Supporting Member
CameronY supports our troops
CameronY is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Are scripts still allowed?
whole lot of anger, I earned my living as an Airborne Ranger..""
Originally Posted by ZeroOrDie913
"just did some more research. both were a 1 time release, in what was basically a dick measuring contest to make the strongest beer ever."

My Feedback
CameronY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:24 AM #28
pievendor

Cameron, while Jeff and I need to talk about it, we'll probably be building various firing modes into the game. If I had the final say, I'd aim to make it a server option so that servers (like ones that are exclusively recball) could toggle off NXL/ramp modes and so-on.

Legion, that's funny... I was contracting at EA Tiburon about 6 months ago on Tiger Woods Online. Small world!
pievendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:01 PM #29
RipnDaShocker

RipnDaShocker is a Supporting Member
Sup guys, once I get to my other computer I'll get on and play some matches. Hopefully you ****ers are online.

I went by Holla its Jon Dollar like 5-6 years ago
Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 PM #30
OklahomaFatty

Thinking about setting up a dedicated DPB server (not the source version) at home. Machine and connection should be up to par, would there be any interest?
OklahomaFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 PM #31
ti.eSoTeRic

Wow. Plans to start up DPB again. My brother, nephew, and I still play this game. We love it. Just wish that the one on source was as good as the non-source version. Would definitely pay to have a full complete version of this game.
ti.eSoTeRic is offline   Reply With Quote