Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-19-2004, 08:18 AM #22
Zombie Jay

I was at Denver and saw Dynasty play all their games. They were very passive, they just sat in their bunkers against XSV. On the tie-break game time ran out as Dynasty refused to move while XSV held the bunkers at the 50. Infamous was awesome, but Dynasty was weak. During their last game a fan yelled, "DO SOMETHING!", as Dynasty just sat in their primary bunkers like a bunch of rec ball players. Change the chant to LAZ -Y! or #USS - Y! Maybe they will kick it into gear at the next event, hell they whipped enough teams for 3rd!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2004, 08:49 AM #23
RSXPLAYA
MI_ARMY

has been a member for 10 years
yea, it definately seems that when they were playing infamous in miami that they just sat in there primaries, ive seen yosh moved up and thats about it. Theyre just losing control off the field right off the bat. If i were them i would sit in their house and watch the videos and see what they can do different next time.

Rapid Fire
UnderD(g)os
Old 07-19-2004, 09:06 AM #24
PoPo

wat happened to bobs men???
Old 07-19-2004, 09:10 AM #25
ajreaper

LOL- so many declaring the demise of Dynasty? Why- a third place finish, in what was without little doubt, the strongest collection of pro teams brought together in some time. Dynasty's "struggles" of late show's one thing and one thing only- the growth of paintball is causing an increase in the number of talented players and teams- it's called parity. It's a natural outcome of the growth of paintball and furthermore it's great for the game. It will raise the bar for all teams (it, in fact, already has) and it will have a ripple effect on the sport and industry as a whole. I think Dynasty would tell you it's a good thing (not finishing 3rd mind you, they are competitive and want to win every event they play) for them, the NPPL & paintball in general. It's a shame that one of the by-products of being "excellent" at anything in this country means you'll have haters waiting for you to trip, stumble and eventually fall- for no other reason then you were the top dog long enough to grow these haters. It's ironic, as well, because Dynasty is one of the reasons paintball has grown so much- they helped to create the interest among many to play tourney ball and excell at it. They do not need to be your personal favorite team but they have earned the right to be respected- they are a class act. And finally for all those who wish to dissect the cause of it all- concentrate on your game for Gawd sake, it needs your attention far more then Dynasty's does.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:23 AM #26
Prairie
DRINK CHEERWINE

Prairie is a Supporting Member
Prairie is a Paintball photographer
There has been no growth...these are the same teams Dynasty played before the NPPL/PSP split.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:59 AM #27
tim's timmy

tim's timmy is a Supporting Member
The only agressive player on dynasty, and the only person who broke the games open for dynasty to win was Angel Fragoza taking the center 50 off the break. The games against XSV he got sweetspotted one time running into the 50 off break and I belive he fell the second time-both games getting shot out almost immidiatly. This event he was thier only agressive player and when they lost him it seemed to be over befor it started.

-tim
Old 07-19-2004, 10:27 AM #28
Toz_2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Oli Lang
may be time to start makin a new username.
uhh you think? your a moron for making that name to begin with.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:57 AM #29
ajreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Prairie
There has been no growth...these are the same teams Dynasty played before the NPPL/PSP split.
Really? Well what was Infamous called before the split? And though many team names are around from before the split but look at there rosters- it's not the same teams. The big name teams are all still around as well as the "big time players" but new teams have been formed and those "big name guys" in many cases have moved on to other teams or formed new teams. There were most definately many more "pro" teams playing Denver then in recent memory(yes the NXL allowing teams to play made a difference but there is more to it then that) and, this is the important thing, they were more evenly matched- IMO. It's a fact that today you would have an easier time putting together a roster that could go toe to toe with Dynasty then you could have 2 years ago. The number of quality players and teams has increased- at all levels DIII- Pro. Sat. morning there were a fair number of pro teams in position to advance to Sunday play and and many who were sitting on the bubble. If some of the Europeons teams had been present there may have been a few "surprises" as to who did not advance. Fact is there is not as much wiggle room in the prelims as there was in the past- have a bad game or day and it could very easily come back and bite you in the butt- not as assured of being able to make it up elsewhere, not as easy to predict who's going to be the top 4 teams at an event anymore- IMO.

Last edited by ajreaper : 07-19-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:31 PM #30
FAice
Moonwalkers

FAice plays in the PSP
FAice plays in the APPA D4 division
DYNASTY R number 1!!! They had bad luck this time!!! thats all!

GO DYNASTY! GO!
Old 07-19-2004, 12:40 PM #31
Prairie
DRINK CHEERWINE

Prairie is a Supporting Member
Prairie is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally posted by ajreaper
Really? Well what was Infamous called before the split? And though many team names are around from before the split but look at there rosters- it's not the same teams. The big name teams are all still around as well as the "big time players" but new teams have been formed and those "big name guys" in many cases have moved on to other teams or formed new teams. There were most definately many more "pro" teams playing Denver then in recent memory(yes the NXL allowing teams to play made a difference but there is more to it then that) and, this is the important thing, they were more evenly matched- IMO. It's a fact that today you would have an easier time putting together a roster that could go toe to toe with Dynasty then you could have 2 years ago. The number of quality players and teams has increased- at all levels DIII- Pro. Sat. morning there were a fair number of pro teams in position to advance to Sunday play and and many who were sitting on the bubble. If some of the Europeons teams had been present there may have been a few "surprises" as to who did not advance. Fact is there is not as much wiggle room in the prelims as there was in the past- have a bad game or day and it could very easily come back and bite you in the butt- not as assured of being able to make it up elsewhere, not as easy to predict who's going to be the top 4 teams at an event anymore- IMO.
The bulk of the players, no matter what team they are on now, are players from the past league (the pre-split NPPL).

I totally agree with you, more competition than ever as the younger players are filling out rosters with speed and agressiveness, while the same veterens are using their 15 years of experience to control the field.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:44 PM #32
InsaneBalla
Pirate for Life!!! ARGGG!

InsaneBalla is a Supporting Member
For all you guys dowing Dynsaty....just remember they can still whoop your **** ;-) and I am sorta glad they aren't number one anymore. It is nice to see others win.
www.paintballpaparazzi.com
~Ascension~ The rising of a star!
Looking for PSP items!
Old 07-19-2004, 12:48 PM #33
Toz_2002

let me remind you they did beat 20 some odd other pro teams. Which include the likes of ironmen, naughty dogs, shock, avalanche. But nobody hates on them. They completley kicked the **** out of avalanche for 3rd place.

People hate on dynasty for coming 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 3rd ?? I have no idea where these people are coming from when they make these bold statements like dynasty sucks.
Did anyone hate on infamous for coming 8th in toulouse? no of course not (dynasty won that even by the way). Did anyone hate on avalanche for coming 7th in tampa? no way, what about 4th in Denver?? are you kidding. And XSV, coming 14th in HB, 6th in Tampa...are you kidding? nobody will say a bad thing about them. Yet when dynasty places anything less then first its a full out verbal assault on the team which is rediculous.

Dynasty is still the #1 team in paintball without a doubt.

just look at todd here in denver, he knows it

Old 07-19-2004, 02:47 PM #34
Odius911
George Mason Paintball

Quote:
Originally posted by XxDYNASTYxX

I hate Infamous, Glory Boy deserves to die.
i think anyone with the word "dynasty" in their user name probably hates infamous as well....wonder why;-). Dynasty is the best young team by far.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:53 PM #35
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

infamous = old avalanche + andy kopcok and the hong brothers....same old candy different wrapper
Old 07-19-2004, 04:33 PM #36
colombianpaintballer

go infamous...dynasty, if you want first place again, you need pass to division I...jajaja
Old 07-19-2004, 05:08 PM #37
pballer4life62

yeah it's pretty simple to see it will no longer be a cake walk for dynasty since all the pro players are returing to the nppl from the nxl,

and i'm pretty sure dye wish they still had the xsv players that was la iornmen, and i am a happy camper to see them all getting back on the field battling it out,

go avalanche and the dogs,
Old 07-19-2004, 07:26 PM #38
*T*money06*

Quote:
Originally posted by ImSoConfused
Dont go all crazy on me all u dynasty fan boys. Dynasty is a good team and all, but im glad they are losing. Theyve been so hyped up over the past like year or so, getting this forum board and stuff. Its kinda outrageous, massive brown nosing goes on her.

P.S.- Go INFAMOUS!
i agree, i never liked dynasty that much but we do have to
remember that dynasty still has 3 first place finishes in nppl
Old 07-19-2004, 08:35 PM #39
ELHEFEDUDE

WWW.TEAMINFAMOUS.COM

Helping good teams lose.

Lasoya sure showed you ..
Old 07-19-2004, 10:03 PM #40
RealLifePirate

"Even if this all did pertain to their focus, they practice more than anyone can imagine so uh.... your wrong."

if they practice more than everyone could you explain the losses
Old 07-19-2004, 11:40 PM #41
colombianpaintballer

dynasty won 3 times nppl, becouse it compete with "amateur-1/2 pro" teams. really hard legendary pro teams are in nxl league that are now in nppl, like oakland assassins (bob's ironmen), aftershock (shock), miami effect (infamous) etc.
for this reason dynasty has much more difficult to win now.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:42 PM #42
Xplod_Junkie

i watched dynasty's games on sunday, they definatly didnt have their enthusiastic (sp?) attitudes. Their semi final games were drug out not alot of moves being made, the 2nd game against XSV angel did slip, no surprise though that turf was slicker than shiot. but 3rd is still pretty damn good and I talked with Greenspan for a moment at the players party and he said there was some "stuff" that went on, so maybe they were having a bad day. They are still bad *** players, and really cool guys from what ive seen. So stop all the hate and just go kill somethin on the field