Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:30 PM #295
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

has been a member for 10 years
kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
as far as a bike... id rather get a real motorcycle bikes are fun but i like older chopped out bikes. everyone has a bike but not a lot of people have a hog.

idk i dont think i make enough money to be able to cruise around on a bike. that and id rather put 10K into the subaru than into a new toy that i would ride once a week.
VETERAN MILITIA
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2009, 03:45 PM #296
f2f4

f2f4 is a Supporting Member
Just a stupid question here.... have you / will you be checking out the car [thoroughly] before you buy it?

I only ask because used Subarus/Evos/Mazdas are... well, often abused. Think of the owner demographics.

Oh geez, I'm in your sig. Haha.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:52 PM #297
Marine786

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
as far as a bike... id rather get a real motorcycle bikes are fun but i like older chopped out bikes. everyone has a bike but not a lot of people have a hog.
Word Id love to own a chopper at some point, just order all the parts and put it together myself.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:58 PM #298
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

that was an awsome quote

The thing about the car is this:

The current owner has been the only owner. He is in the Navy and is currently in Japan and doesnt know when he will be comming home. He drove the car for about a year and babied it. The car only has 14,5XX miles on it.

After he PCS'd to Japan, his father has kept the car in the garage. He only drives it to and from church on sundays and bowling on saturdays. The dealership said that whenever it needs fluids changed just bring it in and they would take care of them. It has already had the 15K service performed on it and is in almost new condition. No mods done, never raced or launched, NOTHING!

This car is pretty much perfect! Never smoked in, never taken off a paved road. This guy bought it, got orders, then left it to be garaged. He said since im military he is selling it to me cause he knows a lot of people in the military are anal about ****. He wants to know someone will take care of the car cause he liked taking care of it.

I think its a good deal

but trying to get quotes or financing from overseas is a pain in my ***... im just going to have to wait till im back home
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-03-2009, 04:03 PM #299
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine786 View Post
Word Id love to own a chopper at some point, just order all the parts and put it together myself.
definately

my buddy built one as a gift for himself while he was in the Marines. he said total when he was done was about 12K but it is a NICE chopper.

I can afford the car. Im single, live in the dorms, and will only have internet, cell, insurance, storage unit, and gas forthe car to pay for. and rough calculations put me at a little over 800/mo WITHOUT my downpayment im going to put down. So im totally going to go for it

ive always liked these cars so im getting it... period(dot)
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-03-2009, 04:03 PM #300
icp1327

Quote:
that was an awsome quote

The thing about the car is this:

The current owner has been the only owner. He is in the Navy and is currently in Japan and doesnt know when he will be comming home. He drove the car for about a year and babied it. The car only has 14,5XX miles on it.

After he PCS'd to Japan, his father has kept the car in the garage. He only drives it to and from church on sundays and bowling on saturdays. The dealership said that whenever it needs fluids changed just bring it in and they would take care of them. It has already had the 15K service performed on it and is in almost new condition. No mods done, never raced or launched, NOTHING!

This car is pretty much perfect! Never smoked in, never taken off a paved road. This guy bought it, got orders, then left it to be garaged. He said since im military he is selling it to me cause he knows a lot of people in the military are anal about ****. He wants to know someone will take care of the car cause he liked taking care of it.

I think its a good deal

but trying to get quotes or financing from overseas is a pain in my ***... im just going to have to wait till im back home
USAA will hook you and work well with you no matter the location! Call your JOC DSN or base DSN and have them patch you out to the 800 number of your calling card or of USAA. No cost to your for the call except for your time.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:05 PM #301
f2f4

Yeah, USAA has always been good to me the (few, thankfully) times I've needed them.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:09 PM #302
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
USAA will hook you and work well with you no matter the location! Call your JOC DSN or base DSN and have them patch you out to the 800 number of your calling card or of USAA. No cost to your for the call except for your time.
you see, i tried to get a loan from them before for like 12K and they wouldnt approve me. I dont have a bank accont through them so I think im going to switch over. maybe that will help.

I will try but idk, im trying to go through state farm cause i have a fiancial history through them. its not a really good histroy but i think they will be more inclined than someone without any y'know
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-03-2009, 05:13 PM #303
oreo
Undercover Brother

oreo is a Supporting Member
oreo is a Paintball photographer
son you don't have a bank account with USAA? you nuts?

you get paid a day early dude... that's the best part.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:27 PM #304
icp1327

Quote:
you see, i tried to get a loan from them before for like 12K and they wouldnt approve me. I dont have a bank accont through them so I think im going to switch over. maybe that will help.

I will try but idk, im trying to go through state farm cause i have a fiancial history through them. its not a really good histroy but i think they will be more inclined than someone without any y'know
Man thats crazy. They usually bend over backwards and then sideways back forwards for servicemembers. I would try again, you never know. I had state farm for almost 10 years, loved them and have even thought about switching back, they rock...if they could only beat USAA's rates. Sometimes they do but usually not.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:55 AM #305
Marine786

Even if USAA's rates went up, I would still stick with em. Their customer service is outstanding.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 AM #306
infotography (Banned)

infotography is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Im getting an 06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi all stock, gold BBS rims (optional on the STi), only has 14,5XX miles on it, all for 23K you cant find **** like that very often.

what part? are you going to northern toward Bagram or southern where im at (Kandahar)?

KAF is ok... its a total cake walk. nothing really worth shooting really. unless you go OTW... there is so much cool **** man its incredible.
Dont know where yet. ACC just needed to fill 100 slots and SrA who havent been deployed are at the top of the list.. and sure enough thats me. Im excited. I should get to go outside the wire. I just have to be a smooth talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo View Post
Thats cool I glad i got a deployment right before i PCS and to do my job..

I was too the point that i was giving up on getting one.
Where are you going? When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine786 View Post
Even if USAA's rates went up, I would still stick with em. Their customer service is outstanding.
I know! I am a USAA fanboy. My co-workers make fun of me, but **** it, USAA always beats everyones rates and they have never given me any problems ever. I have filed 4 claims with them and every time they came through for me.

Hell, They would finance me for a $50,000 loan at 5.9%... That is tough to beat.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:56 AM #307
oreo
Undercover Brother

South America june july somewhere around there.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:59 AM #308
infotography (Banned)

Cool deal! I was supposed to go to Peru last year.. but it fell through..
Old 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM #309
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

so tell about your guys' tech school (info & oreo)

how long was it, was it hard, and what does it count toward for CCAF? also how many volumes of CDCs do you have for 5 level?

Im thinking about cross training and I want to think of that as one of my options. What exactly do you do during your duty day and duty week?
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-04-2009, 12:44 PM #310
infotography (Banned)

Tech school as prior service is awesome. (its halfway between baltimore and DC at Fort Meade) the barracks you live in suck (it an army base) but it is a 1 minute walk from a huge Class 6.

It will be about 3 or 4 months.. It is an Army school and you attend with all services.. So thats a unique experience.

http://www.dinfos.dma.mil/index.asp

As far as CCAF I cant remember how many applied but I think I got at least 12 credits.. there are 4 CDC's

Vol.1 COMSEC/OPSEC/ EMSEC/ COMPUSEC/ basic customer service stuff
Vol. 2 Optics and light theory I think.
Vol. 3 Operational Photography (this is the meat and potatoes of the job)
Vol. 4 Computer and electronics info. also info about printers.

Quite easy. I finished them in about 2 months averaging 90's... It took almost 1 year to take my test though because my supervisor at the time kept making us wait.

A typical week varies from base to base but for the most part we work banker hours: 7:30 to -4:30. always have time to take PT and it is really easy to get time off.

I work in an office with 4 other photographers and I happen to be the highest ranking so I kinda of play the NCOIC role, without all the power. But We have 2 photographers each week go out and spend all week with a specific flight on base and just stay and shoot them. Every aspect of their job. at the end of the week they will come back to the office and put together a picture story. (you will do this in tech school) For example, they shot the phase dock last week.

1 photographer will be in charge of studios for the week. They shoot official portraits and full length photos for special duty assignments. They shoot print and get the pictures to the customers.. think of Walmart 1 hour photo.. except we have have more time to turn the photos around.

Then the other 2 photographers cover the location jobs. this can include group photos, pictures for Public Affairs or the newspaper, just anything that doesnt fall into the previous categories. My office re-wrote or OI and we dont shoot retirements or re-enlistments or anything like that unless there is an O-6 present. it was taking up too much time supporting events that arent mission requirements. especially because everyone and their mom has a 8 MP digital camera these days.. they dont need us..

Other than that just a bunch of odds and ends and random jobs. Depending on where you get stationed the mission will be different so its hard to say.

think that about covers it all.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:30 PM #311
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

wow great post. it sounds interesting. now im actually compelled to search out the guys back at seymour to talk to them one on one.

but i dont think i could give up being a cop. we get **** on a lot and people talk **** about us but you know what... this job kicks ***. and if i leave i wont be able to come back. but if i stay i wont be able to leave unless i seperate... so i pretty much have to think about it hard.

in other news... i dont think i posted this. bit my Seagate that i had all my photo/video stored on took a dive the other day. I lost over 200 gigs of photo and video from this entire deployment. there is a 99.9 percent chance i wont get it recovered. it sucks... there was some good stuff on there too
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-04-2009, 03:45 PM #312
Marine786

That is why you always have a backup, still sucks though.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:47 PM #313
akruse21

akruse21 is a Supporting Member
Quote:

in other news... i dont think i posted this. bit my Seagate that i had all my photo/video stored on took a dive the other day. I lost over 200 gigs of photo and video from this entire deployment. there is a 99.9 percent chance i wont get it recovered. it sucks... there was some good stuff on there too
Info is never gone for good. It's always recoverable but at a price.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:17 PM #314
oreo
Undercover Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
Cool deal! I was supposed to go to Peru last year.. but it fell through..
same mission different country. I cant wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
Tech school as prior service is awesome. (its halfway between baltimore and DC at Fort Meade) the barracks you live in suck (it an army base) but it is a 1 minute walk from a huge Class 6.

It will be about 3 or 4 months.. It is an Army school and you attend with all services.. So thats a unique experience.

http://www.dinfos.dma.mil/index.asp

As far as CCAF I cant remember how many applied but I think I got at least 12 credits.. there are 4 CDC's

Vol.1 COMSEC/OPSEC/ EMSEC/ COMPUSEC/ basic customer service stuff
Vol. 2 Optics and light theory I think.
Vol. 3 Operational Photography (this is the meat and potatoes of the job)
Vol. 4 Computer and electronics info. also info about printers.

Quite easy. I finished them in about 2 months averaging 90's... It took almost 1 year to take my test though because my supervisor at the time kept making us wait.

A typical week varies from base to base but for the most part we work banker hours: 7:30 to -4:30. always have time to take PT and it is really easy to get time off.

I work in an office with 4 other photographers and I happen to be the highest ranking so I kinda of play the NCOIC role, without all the power. But We have 2 photographers each week go out and spend all week with a specific flight on base and just stay and shoot them. Every aspect of their job. at the end of the week they will come back to the office and put together a picture story. (you will do this in tech school) For example, they shot the phase dock last week.

1 photographer will be in charge of studios for the week. They shoot official portraits and full length photos for special duty assignments. They shoot print and get the pictures to the customers.. think of Walmart 1 hour photo.. except we have have more time to turn the photos around.

Then the other 2 photographers cover the location jobs. this can include group photos, pictures for Public Affairs or the newspaper, just anything that doesnt fall into the previous categories. My office re-wrote or OI and we dont shoot retirements or re-enlistments or anything like that unless there is an O-6 present. it was taking up too much time supporting events that arent mission requirements. especially because everyone and their mom has a 8 MP digital camera these days.. they dont need us..

Other than that just a bunch of odds and ends and random jobs. Depending on where you get stationed the mission will be different so its hard to say.

think that about covers it all.
Agreed pretty much the same we only cover retirements for E-9 or o-6's and above... I Just don't have the time to do that crap. hell we only have studio's on Monday's.

Don't forget Alert Photo (I like this part the best, being aq firefighter and all)

We take all crime scene photos used to prosecute military personnel in court martial. Theft, break inns, drugs, murder, rape, child abuse, damage to government property. we take it all.

Whats the most fun taking photos of crazy protesters.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:14 PM #315
f2f4

The Air Force is great!

Last edited by f2f4 : 04-08-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Closed Thread