Iowa supports Team VICIOUS
^^hahahahahaha
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM #485
TIJUANAIRONMAN

TIJUANAIRONMAN is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Great for Dynasty
I'm Old and I don't get why people hate HK so much.
TIJUANAIRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 PM #486
Evac.
Wolfpack

Evac. is a Paintball photographer
Evac. plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIJUANAIRONMAN View Post
Great for Dynasty
I'm Old and I don't get why people hate HK so much.

maybe this will help you better understand.
Evac. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:12 PM #487
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evac. View Post

that was agg as ****!!

XBLAzaTuR
Not AzaTuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:21 PM #488
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

What field is that?

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM #489
TheDudeOnTheCouch
Eastie Boy

TheDudeOnTheCouch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheDudeOnTheCouch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheDudeOnTheCouch supports DLX Technology
Quote:

I agree that that was kinda lame, but that's just kids being kids. At least they were wearing their masks while shooting.
TheDudeOnTheCouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM #490
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I've been in paintball for 14 years. For a long time as a rec player, more recently competitive. I played in the autococker/automag days and have been a part of the scenario, woodsball, & speedball scenes. I've owned a ton of equipment & heard every type of hype, even bought into hype on several occassions (I even owned a qloader once lol). Paintball hasn't changed. The argument that is going on now about HK's appeal has happened over a variety of companies who have tried to reach a target market and make an unmistakable brand for themselves.

Whether you like that branding or not is your personal preference & nothing more. Trying to rationalize it by mocking a particular brand because of it's fans only makes you look insecure.

Back to Dynasty & HK specifically. Every team makes its sponsorship decisions based on their own preferences and what they think will give them the greatest opportunities. Dynasty, a long running successful team obviously feels like partnering with HK has huge potential. Only time will tell how that ends up.

If you don't like HK, thats cool, not everyone likes that style. I like Planet Eclipse gear & am not as big of a fan of Dye's style (which is also unmistakable). That doesn't mean the guy walking around in Dye gear is an idiot. It just means we have different preferences.

Also, HK is admittedly a group of guys who love paintball & love to party & hang with their friends. How they choose to do this may seem irritating to some, exciting to others. In fact, this type of marketing has worked well enough for them that they have moved from basic soft goods to a major line of gear. Proving that this "lifestyle" they have created through their brand is a highly profitable. If you don't like it, thats cool, don't buy with them, buy whatever you want. Don't condemn them for their success though or demean it by mocking their clients. Are some of their clients morons? Yes. Name a brand that doesn't have moronic clients. What about the tippman guy who spends hundreds of dollars upgrading his gear instead of just spending the same money on higher end gear? I may completely disagree with his preferences, but they are his to make, and there are plenty of companies to satisfy those preferences.

I am not saying that anyone here isn't entitled to their opinion or voicing it. I am saying that maybe we can do that with a little better respect and class.

You want to talk about what actually hurts the sport? It is the pointless name calling, immaturity, lack of sportsmanship, & self destructive attacks on other paintballers/companies who don't share our particular perspective. It isn't HK or kids being kids.

As a side note I would like to say, think what you want of the HK guys, but their attitude in this sport isn't negative, it's energizing and fun. Thats why they are popular (even if their antics are immature). They are incredibly nice individuals who genuinely care about every aspect of this sport and growing it as a community. If anything their ability to goof around, have a good time, & outright positive outlook regarding the entire culture of paintball will only bring in new blood.
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM #491
ilikeike
Nice

ilikeike plays in the PSP
ilikeike plays in the APPA D4 division
Dam brah he told you
ilikeike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:53 PM #492
mouse87

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
mouse87 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
What field is that?
Island paintball supplies&Arena (West babylon new york)
mouse87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:42 AM #493
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep supports Shocker RSX
Dep supports Ninja Paintball
Hk makes some cool looking stuff. That black n gold backpack is sweet
Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 AM #494
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Fedo supports Team VICIOUS
Fedo posts videos on PbNation
Fedo is an NCPA player
Fedo has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
Fedo is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatoRockwell View Post
I've been in paintball for 14 years. For a long time as a rec player, more recently competitive. I played in the autococker/automag days and have been a part of the scenario, woodsball, & speedball scenes. I've owned a ton of equipment & heard every type of hype, even bought into hype on several occassions (I even owned a qloader once lol). Paintball hasn't changed. The argument that is going on now about HK's appeal has happened over a variety of companies who have tried to reach a target market and make an unmistakable brand for themselves.

Whether you like that branding or not is your personal preference & nothing more. Trying to rationalize it by mocking a particular brand because of it's fans only makes you look insecure.

Back to Dynasty & HK specifically. Every team makes its sponsorship decisions based on their own preferences and what they think will give them the greatest opportunities. Dynasty, a long running successful team obviously feels like partnering with HK has huge potential. Only time will tell how that ends up.

If you don't like HK, thats cool, not everyone likes that style. I like Planet Eclipse gear & am not as big of a fan of Dye's style (which is also unmistakable). That doesn't mean the guy walking around in Dye gear is an idiot. It just means we have different preferences.

Also, HK is admittedly a group of guys who love paintball & love to party & hang with their friends. How they choose to do this may seem irritating to some, exciting to others. In fact, this type of marketing has worked well enough for them that they have moved from basic soft goods to a major line of gear. Proving that this "lifestyle" they have created through their brand is a highly profitable. If you don't like it, thats cool, don't buy with them, buy whatever you want. Don't condemn them for their success though or demean it by mocking their clients. Are some of their clients morons? Yes. Name a brand that doesn't have moronic clients. What about the tippman guy who spends hundreds of dollars upgrading his gear instead of just spending the same money on higher end gear? I may completely disagree with his preferences, but they are his to make, and there are plenty of companies to satisfy those preferences.

I am not saying that anyone here isn't entitled to their opinion or voicing it. I am saying that maybe we can do that with a little better respect and class.

You want to talk about what actually hurts the sport? It is the pointless name calling, immaturity, lack of sportsmanship, & self destructive attacks on other paintballers/companies who don't share our particular perspective. It isn't HK or kids being kids.

As a side note I would like to say, think what you want of the HK guys, but their attitude in this sport isn't negative, it's energizing and fun. Thats why they are popular (even if their antics are immature). They are incredibly nice individuals who genuinely care about every aspect of this sport and growing it as a community. If anything their ability to goof around, have a good time, & outright positive outlook regarding the entire culture of paintball will only bring in new blood.

That's what I been saying.

All his video showed was younger player being youthful. For that one video I can run online and find 5 others depicting kids acting a similar way without HK influence. Kids are kids, simple as that.

Making D5 and D4 Players look good.

Insta: @Crux.Foto
Facebook: Facebook.com/CruxPhotography
CruxPhotography.SmugMug.com
Fedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:10 AM #495
andyschein
OcD

andyschein plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
I love how everyone complains about HK, yeah they party hard and play paintball (sometimes at the same time). If you actually know the guys from the Hk crew they are great guys and almost spend more time promoting paintball than anyone else.

In terms of sponsorship,even beyond paintball, the objective is to better your organization anyway possible and Dynasty believes HK clothing will do so.IMO i think this is a smart move for dynasty because now almost every major paintball company is represented in the pro divisions.
andyschein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 AM #496
Judgement_jag
Life is short play hard!

This new sponsorship dynasty ventured to is going to be different and interesting just fact that theyre not empire anymore and seeing them rocking HK. **** Ollie was the first to rock the hk shredder and don't tell me any of you guys didn't like them. Personally I haven't used those shoes lol. But hey let's see how next season goes..

make sure to paint that foo...
Judgement_jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:35 PM #497
NHballer90

NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NHballer90 supports Team VICIOUS
NHballer90 plays in the APPA D4 division
HK has been producing more and more products, instead of just headbands and shirts. they actually have more gear and rumors are being spread about " a mask" and "hopper" true or not this company is growing. you can't bash this merge. its unconventional yes. but not dumb in the least bit

Gearbag Sale, everything Cheap and OBO
NHballer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:01 PM #498
ismet
Jerkin' the Gerkin

ismet plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
Dynasty went from professionals to clowns just like that.

1. Good business move for HK on making the move to Dynasty further making their brand more recognized. (and in the music scene as well.)

2. HK makes all their money targeting people between the ages of 12-28 (roughly).

3. You can't make fun or bash on kids for imitating the HK moniker. I'm sure that's what HK wanted to do and create and if you still do, you're just as immature and ignorant as the kids you make fun/bash on.

www.USPN.biz

www.faceblastpaintball.com
Gloss Red Bob Long Victory with Virtue OLED f/s/t Axe's + $$$ COME!

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=73494726#post73494726
ismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:48 PM #499
bcrguy

i agree the HHH think is annoying as hell, but at the same time when i think of HK i think of guys who are having fun playing the sport they love, because whenever i see the guys from HK in a vid they are goofing around. no it is not professional, but it is necessary. these are not business guys who saw an opportunity in paintball, they are players who want to get out there and have fun.
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:19 PM #500
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA D2 division
^^ If you don't think that the HK guys are smart business men then you are mistaken. This is a good move for both parties.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 PM #501
polabear
HERESY Captian

polabear has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm older, was out of the sport for a while, got back in and I like how HK is trying to make it fun and drive the sport. When it gets too serious is when we forget what its about.. just have fun. Hell some of their stuff is actually ok.. if you dont mind neon colors

Looking for quality adult players in the Upper RGV that can run drills at least 4 times a month and play two Sundays a month. Hit us up

Team HERESY!
polabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 AM #502
amusedhermit

Smile

Nice!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM #503
Trick_Malters
malty

Trick_Malters plays in the APPA beginner division
Trick_Malters supports DLX Technology
Trick_Malters supports DLX Technology
Trick_Malters supports Ninja Paintball
Looks great that is an awesome jersey
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM #504
xXAnthony7XX

thats crazyy
xXAnthony7XX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.