PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2013, 01:18 AM #106
paintball1465

Quote:
Originally Posted by murkr View Post

so it really depends on paint quality
QFT Paint Quality ppl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPMjcN-sBJ4 this video gave me some thoughts on the physics behind the crappy walmart water paint.

Last edited by paintball1465 : 08-10-2013 at 01:26 AM.
paintball1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:08 PM #107
murkr
HE'S USING AN AIMBOT!

Annual Supporting Member
murkr is playing at Living Legends VI
murkr is playing at Living Legends VII
murkr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
murkr is attending Decay of Nations VII
murkr supports DLX Technology
murkr supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball1465 View Post
QFT Paint Quality ppl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPMjcN-sBJ4 this video gave me some thoughts on the physics behind the crappy walmart water paint.
wow very interesting, thank you for that. i love space experiments.

just for sh*ts and giggles watch this one, i thought it was very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TssbmY-GM

EDIT:
this one actually looks like a paintball lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxyfiBGCwhQ

Last edited by murkr : 08-14-2013 at 04:11 PM.
murkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 PM #108
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Just an idea when underboring too much you put drag on the skin of the paintball causing it to deform and the ball has to reform as it exits the barrel thus causing slight direction shift and less accuracy.

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:59 PM #109
paintball1465

NASA videos are awesome, I go ADD when on youtube everytime I click on one of those videos.
iboomalot, since paintballs have seams and some have different shell halves that effect the frictional forces there could be a small difference in the way the paintball is shaped leaving the barrel. I doubt the deformation is large enough that it would change the flight of the paintball though. The unbalanced frictional forces would most likely make the ball spin a certain way and this would defiantly affect the flight more than deformation of the ball.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 PM #110
Harribo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMVpaintballer247 View Post
Just make sure you have the best paint to bore match, then you will be accurate and efficient. Overbore and underbore doesn't make it more accurate
And that statement is because you have tried yourself?

If people have paint wich is around lets say... 685 consistent. Then if you also have a barrel kit available try a hopper and see the differense with a 682/681 etc any wich is underboring, try bore matching 685 and also try 689 or something like that and the results will speak itself (This is just an example).

As long as you underbore, bore match and overbore, you will see some differences with the same paint, beeing overboring the most accurate one. Me and some friends tested it out and we all came to the same conclusion with our different barrel kits that overboring is the most accurate of those three.

Only bad side the efficiency will drop a little bit.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:23 PM #111
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
For me Overboring has the fewest problems. I have underbored and in high heat and humidity I barrel broke paint periodically throughout the day. I gladly trade efficiency for almost no barrel breaks. If you live in an area without the spikes in temp or humidity, then Underbore all you want.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:24 PM #112
bracer028

So you are telling me that the better balls you use, the more accurate your shots are...DID NOT KNOW THAT.

And you are underboring too much. if you can't blow through it, you are getting drag, which causes breakage
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 AM #113
paintball1465

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer028 View Post
So you are telling me that the better balls you use, the more accurate your shots are...DID NOT KNOW THAT.

And you are underboring too much. if you can't blow through it, you are getting drag, which causes breakage
yea it's more important to buy better quality paint than it is to drop a bunch of money on barrel kits and such. Even tho I just dropped money on having my Cp bored out and 5 freak inserts . But hey I got the inserts for almost 6 a piece. Anytime you get a tight fit there with be friction but if the barrel is too small the ball has to deform to fit and since the paintballs are leaving the barrel <300fps (we hope) the paintballs cannot handle the stresses and causes barrel breaks.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:13 AM #114
ChaseJax

ChaseJax is attending Decay of Nations VII
ChaseJax supports Empire
There are just too many variables to factor in to really ever know which is the best.
Half these experiments to me are a joke because they don't even bother to clamp the gun down. Yeah sure they think they have it steady but jusy the smallest fraction moved will result in a bigger result down range.
Plus who has seen a gun thay chronos 275, 275, 275, 275, 275, 275 etc etc? Nobody.
The fps difference between EACH shot is also going to affect each shot. As well is the paintball size cause we all should know by now that when u open a bag of paintballs there not ALL going to be the EXACT same size.
So this is why we average. Well I think we need a lot more than just 25 shot groupings.
Plus the way people "size" paint is different from one person to another. So someone may be thinking there underboreing by .05 when another person looks at the same barrel and paint and determins it to be under by .02

The only true way to determine which would be best (probably without einstein just doing math somehow) would be to build a device which truly doesn't move a fraction when fired and can fire at the exact same fps every shot. We then would also have to create a bunch of balls which are exactly the same.
Since that hasn't happened I'm going to go with the most extensive testing I've seen done and so far that is punkworks and his findings that accuracy does not change. And underbore is better for consistency and efficiency which makes sense when u think about it.

Plus the ppl finding under bore hurts accuracy probably underbore waaaaaaay too much. Believe they said no more than .08 below paint match.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 AM #115
paintball1465

yea testing wont be perfect. Lets keep it simple guys, no need to over analyze, you will drive yourselves crazy and waste money unless your conducting researching for a company. Buy a couple inserts/backs to match paint better, don't under bore or over bore too much, buy quality paint, work on your aim, win.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:05 PM #116
murkr
HE'S USING AN AIMBOT!

Annual Supporting Member
murkr is playing at Living Legends VI
murkr is playing at Living Legends VII
murkr is attending Decay of Nations VII
murkr supports DLX Technology
murkr supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer028 View Post

correct the better quality paint the straighter they fly.

but the second sentence is alittle off, i cant blow the paint thru my barrel because its a .682 insert using RPS premium, BUT it still shoots awesome, and iv never had 1 barrel break using this insert yet with over 6000 PBs shot.

underboring for me has never resulted in barrel breaks, i just have a geo 2 with a 45/4500 tank so if you no anything about my gun and tank it isn't very efficient on air so im stuck underboring, also i noticed when i overbored my FPS was all over 250, 275, 265,280 weird stuff like that.. but with underbore im more like 273, 277, 280, consistency like that

i am however playing in FL right now with like 90%+ humidity.
murkr is offline   Reply With Quote