Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 AM #22
barrel roll
secedere

has been a member for 10 years
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-M-I View Post
I would NEVER have thought this about Tadao..they've always been excellent when I've dealt with them.. Saddens me to hear that they refuse to help out when the issue is clearly caused by a bad batch of screens (Why else would they change from 1 type of screen to another suddenly)?

I've had a screen-connector go out on me on my Cocker Yakuza board, but I just soldered in some pin-headers into it and stuck it back on.. TINY solderjoints and a steady hand and it's fully doable.. However I'm not sure how it is on DM, Ego +++ boards. I wouldn't throw it away just because the screen went out. I'm SURE it's fixable somehow.
I'd buy it off of you if I had a need for it But as I sold my DM, I don't think I'll be needing one anytime soon.

EDIT: Should still be able to get it repaired as a "Non-Warranty repair" for 30$.
http://tadaotechnologies.com/product...?idCategory=12

As far as Tadao-screens go:
They use common oled screens made by a company called "RiT displays" or RITEK.
It's a Taiwaneese company I think, should be able to find replacements there

Also, if you see this thread Will @ Tadao:
Don't be mad at me for telling people And, you really should be helping people out even if it is a no -warranty repair.. 30-50$ is decent for a screen repair/replacement.. Especially when they break due to production-flaws...
Oh it isn't that easy. The screen and driver in question (also used by WGP before it was dissolved on their SR ) is no longer made. The design has been updated. That also means the driver has been updated. Do you know what you have to do to replace a driver on a circuit?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM #23
xxerexx
GIR

The cap might be an issue. On one of my SR boards with a dim screen I tested a replacement (larger) cap and the screen was bright again. Just have to find one that's larger and and will fit in the grip frame and I'll likely have a backup board again.
xxerexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 AM #24
SuperGecko28
*C-Town Legend*

Same problem. Got a used dm7 from a friend, thought it was fried until I noticed the blue eyes coming on when I turned on the power button (no activity from the screen at all).

Unfortunately my friend played in the woods alot, so it was set on uncapped bps full auto...not something i could rock in a tournament or even at a real field...

Finally had a stroke of genius (giggity), Noticed that the screen was actually just ridiculously dim, so I sat in a COMPLETELY dark room with a flashlight and the manual, navigated the loading screen to a word that vaguely resembled 'reset', set the gun back to stock, then just counted clicks and compared it to the manual to get it set up to 12 bps ramping PSP mode...

However, since that time, the screen has gone completely un-recognizable (and instead of having the board start at the top of the menu, for some ungodly reason they make it start where you left off at), and I forgot what menu I was on last time I shut it down...So, if I play anywhere that doesnt allow ramping I'm screwed (well, not completely, I bought a RL Shocker as a back up for cheaper than a new virtue board would cost, which is what I'll be sticking with from now on, virtue boards)

Up until this I never had a problem with any tadao boards (and I'v been using them since the og intimidator days), but the fact that you cant even reset the board to defaults (and it starts in a random spot on the menu) really kinda put a bad taste in my mouth.

Ah, also dropped 20 dollars for a stock board used from pbnation here. Sad that a stock board is an upgrade..
*Nashville Revenge*
I've come to burn your kingdom down
SuperGecko28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 AM #25
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGecko28 View Post
Sad that a stock board is an upgrade..
yep,never mind the bells and whistles, stock boards ( unless it is an older shocker ) do the job most of the time
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM #26
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

SquareDorito plays in the PSP
SquareDorito is playing at Living Legends III
SquareDorito owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SquareDorito supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu#12 View Post
yep,never mind the bells and whistles, stock boards ( unless it is an older shocker ) do the job most of the time
It does, the only problem for me is that I now need another board. The board that I was using doesn't have PSP 3 shot
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM #27
StyngRay2

I will never ever ever buy another tadao product....ever...Virtue only...nothign like dropping nearly $200 on a oled board, lose the receipt, screen goes out adn they won't help.....

Buy a virtue, sell it to another guy, he sells it to another guy, he can pass it on to his grandchildren, 5 years later screen goes out, send it in without a receipt, they send a brand new or refurb and you have a 100% functioning board within 6 days of sending the broken board. its sad that Tadao makes such great products but their customer service doesnt exist....
Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 AM #28
R-M-I
Angry Norwegian

Annual Supporting Member
I'll need to contact will again.. THIS just isn't right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Oh it isn't that easy. The screen and driver in question (also used by WGP before it was dissolved on their SR ) is no longer made. The design has been updated. That also means the driver has been updated. Do you know what you have to do to replace a driver on a circuit?
The "driver-module" itself is usually on the screen-module itself on a lot of boards....The only thing that would need to be altered would be the firmware .. Which should be easy for Tadao to fix.
Either way, this shouldn't be up to us..

Tadao delivered a faulty product and should damn well fix it..

MiniHalfblockMQ-cocker | Warped Sportz Dark Ego 6 |Freeflow MQ project cocker

Splat.no(translated via google-translate) -> http://translate.google.com/translat...3796&act=u rl

I <3 MQ-valves!

Last edited by R-M-I : 02-25-2013 at 09:04 AM.
R-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 AM #29
roxor08

roxor08 supports Team VICIOUS
roxor08 plays in the APPA D5 division
Hey quick question:

Has anyone tried purchasing a similar OLED screen from any other manufacturers and just adhering it to the existing leads?

I'm considering giving that a try. I almost sold it to a person on pbnation and thank god I tested it. 3 months before it worked and I just trusted that!
roxor08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM #30
R-M-I
Angry Norwegian

Annual Supporting Member
You need to get an EXACTLY matching screen with 100% the same pinout and driver..
If not, the firmware will need to be rewritten aswell..

Look at the old vs new screen-types Tadao used themselves.. Even that needed to have a different firmware

Splat.no(translated via google-translate) -> http://translate.google.com/translat...3796&act=u rl

I <3 MQ-valves!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 PM #31
jtguy2269

tadao use to be the best board manufacturer in the game, but tadao's customer service went to hell and Virtue stepped up from when they were advantagepb.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:08 PM #32
R-M-I
Angry Norwegian

Annual Supporting Member
I'm actually really dissapointed aswell here. This will definetly be my last OLED board from them :/

I <3 MQ-valves!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:41 PM #33
HDangeruss
TK's Wayward Son

HDangeruss helped look for balloons
HDangeruss supports Empire
Glad (and SAD) that I stumbled across this thread...

Getting my DM8 ready for the field after a few months away... Friday night, I'm putting new batteries in. WOW, that screen is dim! But it is on Semi uncapped, so I'm ok for Saturday.

Saturday I get out to the field, and BOOM, no screen. Zero / zilch. And I'm thinking that the board has died. But I hold the power on, and hold the trigger down to force an eye-free shot into the barrel condom, and there she goes. Played all day without a screen.

And guess what? That's right - not the original owner either. BST on the Nation.

So I'm not on the full auto uncapped (whew)... but I'm free agenting in a tournament on 4/21 that is PSP ramping. SO, disappointing that this is a) a known issue, b) Tadao isn't doing anything about it.

I'm going to email the company too - worst thing I can do is cut and paste their response. Also disappointing that I've got Stinger paintball grips on this marker that are for the Tadao screen.

Thanks.

-HD-

Everyday Strangers rock my world.

Do you need a banana?
HDangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 PM #34
hmcl281

took out my cocker and just checked yesterday and my screen is also dimming
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:02 AM #35
R-M-I
Angry Norwegian

Annual Supporting Member
It's REALLY f#%^%#% annoying that's for sure.. CLEARLY a manufacturing defect.. Which should be fixed even if out of "warranty"..

I <3 MQ-valves!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM #36
HolySokz

HolySokz supports DLX Technology
HolySokz supports Ninja Paintball
HolySokz supports Empire
Well knowing this with any tadao board i'll keep my recipts
HolySokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM #37
FeVeR12

FeVeR12 plays in the APPA D4 division
I have the same issue with a Yakuza Droid board.

I "blindly" set it to the correct fire mode by changing settings one by one until I knew what setting I was at. The easiest to find is either fire mode or rate of fire. Change it one by one, turn the gun off and back on, turn the eyes off and see if the rof or fire mode has changed. Then you know what setting the board will default to when entering programming mode. Programming mode defaults to the last modified setting.

If you find a setting, then count how many numbers away the one you want is.

This worked for me but if this doesn't make any sense then let me know.
FeVeR12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:35 AM #38
MagicDrafna

god i wish Virtue made a cocker board i thought about buying a Tadao board but then i heard about all the screens going out
MagicDrafna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:13 PM #39
I'm_Addicted
snowman FTW

I'm_Addicted owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Reviving this, I know...

I got an ego8 in a trade with a yakuza OLED that died shortly after I received it. Not just the screen, but the entire board...gone, done, bye bye. No help from tadao at all.
I'm_Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:22 PM #40
paramedic18
Shortcake!

paramedic18 is a Paintball photographer
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VI
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VII
paramedic18 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_Addicted View Post
Reviving this, I know...

I got an ego8 in a trade with a yakuza OLED that died shortly after I received it. Not just the screen, but the entire board...gone, done, bye bye. No help from tadao at all.
I feel your pain. Again, I know this is an old thread, but i got a pm6 with a bad screen, tadao said get bent you have to buy a new board because that screen cant be replaced.

Not so sure if i want to go with tadao again if this is the customer service one can expect :-/

Paintcheck Photography in Co-operating with RSHMedia, Covering the Indiana region for scenario, tourny, and rec play.
paramedic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:58 PM #41
cheetos

I have a cocker SR. the board works but the screen is out. I cant find any replacement or upgrade boards available. Anyone know of any?
cheetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 PM #42
SquareDorito
What would Scooby Doo?

SquareDorito plays in the PSP
SquareDorito is playing at Living Legends III
SquareDorito owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SquareDorito supports Team VICIOUS
Holy cow, I posted this over a year ago and people still have the problem. I actually still have the broken board. Got out of the paintball scene for a while. I don't this this will be fixed any time soon. I'd really recommend Virtue though. I've asked if they could fix my OLED board that went out a while ago and they told me to send it in. I never sent it in because I was busy but I've sent things before and gotten them replaced.

To be honest, I like Virtue's OLED display better. I feel like it's brighter and higher quality.