PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-05-2011, 06:17 PM #22
protodude777
Proto O.T.

protodude777 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
My 4 year old Leopard Gecko named Spartacus.

"Originally posted by JESUS_V2: I love protodude777"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2011, 08:47 PM #23
ripdisc

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ripdisc supports DLX Technology

komodo my old nosy be chameleon. have to look for some more pics and some of my old veiled chameleon.

The Ripdisc Collection
Custom PCs!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 PM #24
capncarl16

capncarl16 plays in the PSP
capncarl16 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post

komodo my old nosy be chameleon. have to look for some more pics and some of my old veiled chameleon.
i have allways wanted a chameleon haha.. very nice tho
Old 02-08-2011, 03:18 PM #25
ripdisc

is playing at Living Legends XI
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ripdisc supports DLX Technology
the veiled i had was very hardy. that little guy there was a lot of work. they can be pretty involved, but they are definatly some of the coolest pets i have ever owned!

The Ripdisc Collection
Custom PCs!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 AM #26
Shelby.Moncrief

I LOVEEE Iguanas, I've Had Three And Someday In THe Future Hope TO Have Another, But Its A Little Tough BEing Full Time Student And Working To HAve Any =[[[
Old 02-14-2011, 12:26 PM #27
cpxgreg

cpxgreg plays in the PSP
cpxgreg supports DLX Technology
cpxgreg supports Ninja Paintball
my boy when he was a little bit younger. hes pushing 4 foot now!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:56 AM #28
_Moses_
was a 2k6er

_Moses_ plays in the PSP
_Moses_ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
_Moses_ supports Team VICIOUS
_Moses_ plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by protodude777 View Post
My 4 year old Leopard Gecko named Spartacus.

i have one that looks just like him, il post some pics up later. Had another that was some crazy mix but he died last yr

PRESTIGE || Topgun || GAPB
J. Miller Photo || GEARBAG SALE!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 PM #29
Public Enema
2k8er...playing since '95

Public Enema plays in the PSP
Public Enema owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Public Enema plays in the APPA D4 division
Moses, do you have pics of your old leopard as well? I'd like to see them if he was a weird variety. I'll try to get pics of my tangerine leopards up here...they're hypo tangerine carrot tails, for you breeders out there, and my male would qualify as a baldy too.

Ebay feedback 147/3/0 Username: ninjasaresweetx
SEMPER PARATUS

Last edited by Public Enema : 03-03-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 PM #30
_Moses_
was a 2k6er

_Moses_ plays in the PSP
_Moses_ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
_Moses_ supports Team VICIOUS
_Moses_ plays in the APPA D5 division
my one thats still alive is a hypo tangerine carrot tail as well, that would explain the similarity, although he has a few more spots on his body. as for the other guy, im sure i have some pics somewhere, il try to find them. i think he was a chocolate albino with some unique features

PRESTIGE || Topgun || GAPB
J. Miller Photo || GEARBAG SALE!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:50 PM #31
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS
beardeds

Ended up picking up these 2 orange hypo pastel bearded dragons off craigslist for free, they are a pair and I'm told they've bred. They came to me very cold, dehydrated, and hungry, they are coming along nicely though, probaby won't keep them long myself however...

Male does have tail damage, no idea what the hell happened to him, I hate bad pet owners... ugh.

My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:40 PM #32
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member

my bearded dragon. he's about 3.5 months old now. got him from a local breeder, is pumped full of genetics lol.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 AM #33
T1tanrush
Team Green

He looks awesome, it's a shame beardeds take so much room in compared to snakes, or I'd debate keeping/breeding them.
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:52 AM #34
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

thanks, and yeah, he's in a 40 gallon breeder right now, ill probably bump him up to a 60-75 gallon just so he's more comfortable even though he just stays in one area/spot the entire time. i just checked, and his parents were Cindy Red/ Sandfire Red X Cawley Red/ OGG/ Hypo Red for the dad and Orange Tiger/ OGG X Sandfire Red/ Cawley Red for the mom, and he's het for hypo. he will be my only beardy.

i do want to get a little group of leopard geckos going though, most likely will just be 1-4 females though since they can all live together.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 PM #35
andrethegiant
team PENSACOLA GIANTS

andrethegiant owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
andrethegiant has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Anyone on here ever own a blue tongued skink?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:02 PM #36
Katistrophicaal
Because I want to.

Katistrophicaal plays in the PSP
Katistrophicaal supports Pev's Paintball
Katistrophicaal plays in the APPA D5 division
Katistrophicaal supports DLX Technology
haaa nice looking pics from all
Old 04-24-2011, 01:17 AM #37
T1tanrush
Team Green

I haven't really added my pictures to this thread yet per-say so I thought I'd drop in and post the pictures of my actual pet lizards. The 2 beardies above are just rescues that are off to new homes Thursday after 2 weeks of effort into them to get them up to proper weight/hydration/activity.

The only animals currently "mine" are 4 monitors, and a very large almost 2 foot bearded dragon. The bearded is an educational tool, and a lot of people have them, so I'll save you the bore of looking at an oversized male that I'll probably end up giving to a friend soon anyway. The "4th" monitor is a baby savannah monitor I got yesterday in a trade, I'm sending him off soon as well, because for one, I don't want 2 savs, and two, I don't really have the space for another at the moment.

My just over a year old nile:

I went through about 4 months where I hardly fed him once a week, due to heavy depression and whatnot, minimal lighting and bad ownership, I won't lie, I was an awful keeper at the time, but he came through it, what you see above is about 40" or so long, he's actually very tame and he's actually got about 9 months of growth on him, I feed him 3-4 large mice a day, mixed with chicken, turkey, shrimp, fish, and insects on other days, I've really upped his food intake and he's grown easily 12" alone in the past 2 months.

Next is my Savannah. I got him in awful awful condition, and have put a ton of work into rehabbing him. He has like 1 claw left, almost no teeth, and his mouth looks pretty messed up from a very bad case of mouth rot that was a pain in the *** to treat. However, his personality is amazing, and so is his appetite, he's over 3 foot long (stunted I think) and doing great. He has no problems running out of his cage and halfway around the house for his food, which is how I make sure he maintains a decent weight but not obese.

My last actual captive is my largest monitor, he's a 4 foot or so asian water monitor. I love this guy to death and have spent a ton of time working with him lately. He has a lot of toes missing, and the tip of his tail, came to me very dehydrated and was not in a great state. He's now residing in a 7x4x4 until I move in a couple months and he gets a 12x10x6. He loves to try and bite, and hisses and whips, very shy eater, but I have a feeling he'll come around sooner or later.

And a cute picture of the baby sav:

Not keeping him, but the hatchling to adult change on these guys is just awesome to watch, absolute pleasure and I'm so glad I got my nile as a hatchling to watch him grow up, these lizards are a huge pleasure to work with, and are hands down my favorite animals to work with, period.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM #38
T1tanrush
Team Green

I got rehomed the baby sav, and gave the large beardie to a friend... As much as I respect beardies and their place in the pet trade, I just find having them a bore, they just aren't fun to me anymore, so I gave him to someone getting into the hobby who can enjoy him more... Thus leads me to my new addition now that I cleared out my 3 beardies, baby sav, and some of my snakes...

This is my new V. indicus or mangrove monitor. I was told this guy was an absolute *** with a bad temper, and I've been handling him since I got home, and he gets a tiny bit puffy but that's it.. Not surprising for being tormented for months in a 2x2 cage at a bad pet shop.. He's around 3 foot long.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:31 PM #39
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

how are beardies any more boring then any other lizard? what do monitors do thats so interesting?

just curious cause you seem to obviously know a huge amount and have had a lot of experience. i love my beardy but i can't imagine having anything more active then him. i would just feel bad having him in his viv most of the day. and hes got a **** load of character/personality, which is why i could never give him away.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 PM #40
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
how are beardies any more boring then any other lizard? what do monitors do thats so interesting?

just curious cause you seem to obviously know a huge amount and have had a lot of experience. i love my beardy but i can't imagine having anything more active then him. i would just feel bad having him in his viv most of the day. and hes got a **** load of character/personality, which is why i could never give him away.
It's hard to explain until you've really owned a monitor. I've kept nearly every lizard and most snakes available in the pet trade today. Beardies are simple, and from what I've observed and experienced, don't have a "higher thought" process, a problem solving process. For the most part a bearded dragon will be content to sit in his cage and bask under his light, go take a nap, things like this.

For example, my very first monitor, as a youngster, figured out how to push his nose through a small gap, unhinge his cage, and climb loose and explore his cage. Most lizards are very easily "tamed" by frequent holding and interaction. Monitors on the other hand, dislike this and will hold grudges. You need to build trust with these animals.

On top of the high level of intelligence these guys are a blast to keep. The feeding responses on these animals are amazing, and on top of that they are a challenging reptile to keep. I've also been dealing with a B+W Tegu in my classroom, and even switching between such a closely related animal and an actual monitor the difference is noticeable. It's really hard to describe without actually owning one for yourself.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 PM #41
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

do all monitors get to be multiple feet in length when older? whats a good site to find info on them? like proper viv set ups and stuff? they sound interesting, i wouldn't mind looking some stuff up on them. don't think ill ever own one though, owning a beardy will be hard enough with traveling all the time and ****.

although i do have to say my beardy has some sort of thought process. if i put him on the floor surrounded by cardboard walls, and a couple different obsticles with one leading towards an exit route he will always sit there for like 30 seconds staring around the little area, then make his move out of the set up, so i know theres something going on lol.

but yeah, from the videos ive seen, monitors do seem like really interactive/fun to watch pets. maybe when im much older and have the space ill get one.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 PM #42
T1tanrush
Team Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
do all monitors get to be multiple feet in length when older? whats a good site to find info on them? like proper viv set ups and stuff? they sound interesting, i wouldn't mind looking some stuff up on them. don't think ill ever own one though, owning a beardy will be hard enough with traveling all the time and ****.

although i do have to say my beardy has some sort of thought process. if i put him on the floor surrounded by cardboard walls, and a couple different obsticles with one leading towards an exit route he will always sit there for like 30 seconds staring around the little area, then make his move out of the set up, so i know theres something going on lol.

but yeah, from the videos ive seen, monitors do seem like really interactive/fun to watch pets. maybe when im much older and have the space ill get one.
There are a few who stay small but are Australia specific, and are not easily obtainable in the united states. As for small and easy to maintain probably the best starter monitor are ackies. They stay relatively small around 2 feet or so; however, they are very active and need fairly large enclosures of around 5x3x2 or so.
My savannah will probably hit 4ish foot max, and the mangrove probably won't even get all that much larger than she is now, maybe another 8"-12" at most.