PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-20-2012, 02:42 AM #463
rlake55

rlake55 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rlake55 is for the Gunfight
rlake55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a black Invasion and want to put some color on it.. Eye covers, lpr cap, hpr cap ect... Can I buy these from AlienPB? In Grey?

NPL REDS AT RED DOT PAINTBALL
rlake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM #464
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
gun issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon252003 View Post
i already did the ram test when i had it apart. didnt realize that i was testing it. but just messing around with it. once i reassebled the 08. it fired about 20-30 shot before the bolt started to stick. after pulling the bolt back. it sometimes stick after each shot or after a few shots. ran out of air testing it. so have to wait till sat to test out the lpr
Hmmmm sounds like your LPR may be creeping up on you then. Or you have a slow leak in one of the areas I mentioned before. Change the orings I mentioned and check your regulator piston seat in the LPR to make sure it's not crushed or deformed or dislodged. Then do the LPR test with it turned to zero.

Last edited by MstrKey : 04-20-2012 at 12:44 PM.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM #465
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I just got an invasion and have a few questions, Issues... Nothing big

First, trying to set the ramping % does that function only work in the ramping fire mode? I assume it does but just wanted to know, have the stock board.

Also, it seems that it may have first shot drop off... I am in Denver, So "High" Altitude should I just adjust my dwell up one or two?

I am happy and know most guns are not 100% out of the box, Could be a Battery could be so many things just looking to get it set up and use it this weekend.

Thanks, Guys

**Update**

So I replaced the battery and also adjusted the Dwell up and also re-greased the HPR piston just to cover all my bases and it is shooting great now. I know that people want to have a perfect gun out of the box, but with a few tweaks and common sense everything gets fixed...

Cant wait to go use it this weekend... Sucks I live in an Apartment or I would be shooting paint RIGHT NOW !!

Last edited by Brad- Division : 04-26-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Brad- Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM #466
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad- Division View Post
it seems that it may have first shot drop off... adjusted the Dwell up .. and it is shooting great now.
If you just don't run out of air - then no reason to 'ride the line' on the LPR. Still it may be that just a little higher LPR will allow you to lower the Dwell.
Once you get 5+ cases through it you will find where it shoots best.
Also I send extra O'Rings, because everybody wants them. I say don't change them. The Ram body is sealed and you won't get any dirt in there.
Players... the gun will shoot better if you keep the same O'Rings in it. Lube it after the 5+ cases. Then once or twice a year. It doesn't need service...really!
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:45 PM #467
Desperado_Ghost
Started playing in 1998

Desperado_Ghost is playing at Living Legends V
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Desperado_Ghost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Jack is right, I have shot my indy all over the US and it still on the same coat of lube. Im getting great efficiency and it shoots great.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 PM #468
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
If you just don't run out of air - then no reason to 'ride the line' on the LPR. Still it may be that just a little higher LPR will allow you to lower the Dwell.
Once you get 5+ cases through it you will find where it shoots best.
Also I send extra O'Rings, because everybody wants them. I say don't change them. The Ram body is sealed and you won't get any dirt in there.
Players... the gun will shoot better if you keep the same O'Rings in it. Lube it after the 5+ cases. Then once or twice a year. It doesn't need service...really!
I remember you saying that working on the gun isn't necessary, I was having issues where it would shoot if I left it idle for about a min then try to shoot, It would not. I couldn't even use the force shot function. So I knew that there was something wrong, and as I thought an easy fix... New battery and just upped the dwell 2 and I tested it and it is shooting great.

I hope I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't think I would bother you with something that I imagined that I could remedy myself. It is great to know that I can post here or call you directly to solve any issues.

Thanks Jack cant wait to try to shoot the 5 cases to break it in this weekend

Side Note ***

HUGE Difference in the dry firing of the Invasion compared to the 07 Vicious Ego I have,
The invasion is sooooo smooth and NOW i can tell the difference. IT IS A BIG Difference ...

Last edited by Brad- Division : 04-26-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 PM #469
Jack Rice

Quote:
I couldn't even use the force shot function. So I knew that there was something wrong, and as I thought an easy fix... N
Great, and my only point was there were probably two way to fix it - more dwell or more LPR.
More dwell uses a little more air and more LPR means it might have a little harder hit as the rammer goes forward.
I find a dwell of 14 works best for most Invasions, less than that seems like you have to have the LPR higher than I like.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM #470
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Being seen at the field with another fellow Invasion owner. He was having some basic issues and I wanted to know if I did the right thing or / make sure that I can do the right thing.

So when I got it from him it had a slow leak sounding from the noid I made sure that the reg wasnt in to high or the lpr was to high. I adjusted both and the leak momentarily stopped, but only not to chrono over 250. IT was inconsistent so I just assumed that the issue was the regulator. I removed and re-lubed the piston with Goo*(Paste Lube) and it shot well and the leak stopped. Now is it a combo of the cures or would there be one that would of solved all the problems first.

I am using this to "find out" and would appreciate the help

FYI Had my first event last weekend and it not disappoint !!

At my break in period now... 5-6 Cases Through
Old 05-14-2012, 03:37 PM #471
Jack Rice

Quote:
is it a combo of the cures or would there be one that would of solved all the problems first.
How can anyone really know?
Although you fixed it, the owner may know more than you - and may not have wanted to say anything - too often players don't tell me information that would be helpful because they don want to seem...whatever

Until I read that the problem was fixed i was guessing that the player had lowered the dwell too much - "not to chrono over 250. IT was inconsistent" -
Players remember to check dwell as well as regulators. With Mac valves out there being "direct acting" instead of "air pilot" (air assist) they take lower dwell times and that has some players thinking lower dwell is better.
Dwell is measured in 1/1000's of a second. Shooting 20 BPS is 50 thousandths cycle time - so the difference between 8 and 14 of dwell doesn't effect the guns performance speed wise. If you lower the dwell past optimum, you will need more LPR and it will be inconsistent.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:46 PM #472
dreadedkaos

dreadedkaos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hi, problems I've been experiencing can be found in this video:

If there's any problem with me posting a video, i can remove it, and type it out. I am also experiencing an extremely small leak down the barrel, and can't figure out the problem with that.
Thank you for your help in advance!!

SICK Infamous AXE Setup!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=dreadedkaos
dreadedkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:10 PM #473
MOTORHEAD

MOTORHEAD is an NCPA player
MOTORHEAD plays in the APPA D4 division
Don't have any sound, so I can't help you with the video.

But, I had a similar small leak around the breech/down the barrel, and it turned out to be worn loctite around the cup valve set screw and a worn oring where the ram and ram housing meet. You can rotate the trigger frame on the front frame screw to get a better look at the areas when the marker is aired up. With some soapy water you can probably find the leak.
MOTORHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 PM #474
dreadedkaos

dreadedkaos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thanks, ill check for the leak. And pretty much whats happening is I set the board to semi, have the gun set to 250 fps, fire6-7 semi shots, and it kicks into burst with the velocity spiking. Wanting to think it has a cheater chip installed or something?

SICK Infamous AXE Setup!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=dreadedkaos
dreadedkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 PM #475
Pimmen

Where am I having problems if I get leaks immediately when I air it up, seems to be coming from the hole underneath the bolt. A just ripped an 12 invasion today so Ihhaven'tffigured out what you guys call everything in the gun
Pimmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 PM #476
BigcamBrach86

BigcamBrach86 is playing at Living Legends VI
BigcamBrach86 is playing at Living Legends VII
BigcamBrach86 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BigcamBrach86 supports DLX Technology
hello i have a 2012 alien invasion and the gun will occasionaly cycle there are no leaks or anytihn tryed tweeking the lrp and no luck plz pm me with advice!!!

WTB GUNS! CASH READY!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82884537
BigcamBrach86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:01 AM #477
blackdragon252003
JAW FACTORY #15

blackdragon252003 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i got a 08 indy. i accidently pulled the wires out for the battery harness. anyone know were i can get a new connector. right now., i got it ridged to a point that it works for now.

thanks

_____|___\_____
|_(O)_|____/_(O)|
blackdragon252003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:42 AM #478
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigcamBrach86 View Post
hello i have a 2012 alien invasion and the gun will occasionaly cycle
Emailed him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon252003 View Post
i got a 08 indy. i accidently pulled the wires out for the battery harness.
thanks
As many know that have had an '08, the guy that made them stepped into the next life. He lived in Serbia and was part of the old "Lucky" paintball company. He only made me a couple of hundred boards and harnesses. The extra harnesses are gone - I do have boards.
I got a crimper, the connectors and wires and can make new leads.
Don't mess with the plastic connector - because I don't have any.
I have ordered several - they never fit., and I throw away what they send.
I have sent harnesses to diffident shops but the cost is too high because I will probably only ever sell 20 - 25 of them. Actually I'm guessing the cost is too high because once they get them I never get an answer - just not worth their time I'm guessing.
If you send me the plastic piece I can make it "like new"... usually.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM #479
WildWayz
The Moose God

WildWayz owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Just a quickie - on the ram cap, when you remove it, there is an oring on it which looks like a bumper for the rammer to take out some of shock...
if so, what size oring is it as I took it out and it looks in a very sorry state!
I emailed Jack, but I know he is busy so hoped someone else might be able to help

Also, does anyone have a list of all the Orings needed on an Alien Invasion 2012? Or how to reset the stock board? Jack said it was in the manual, but I can't see it

Last edited by WildWayz : 02-04-2013 at 03:45 PM.
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 PM #480
Nahilplayer112

Nahilplayer112 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nahilplayer112 supports DLX Technology
How do I raise the dwell someone pm me
Nahilplayer112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 PM #481
!xPidermanx!

!xPidermanx! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
!xPidermanx! supports Team VICIOUS
!xPidermanx! plays in the APPA D5 division
What O-Rings work best for the LPR? Just got a 2010 Indy in a trade and it's leaking pretty bad
!xPidermanx! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:47 AM #482
Blove1221

Blove1221 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Blove1221 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I just bought a 2011 independence. The trigger seems dead as if it has no return, the set screw on the top of the trigger seems to be missing and I can't find a spring. Is there anywhere I could get replacement parts?
Blove1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:44 PM #483
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
Just a quickie - on the ram cap, when you remove it, there is an oring on it which looks like a bumper for the rammer to take out some of shock...
if so, what size oring is it as I took it out and it looks in a very sorry state!
I emailed Jack, but I know he is busy so hoped someone else might be able to help

Also, does anyone have a list of all the Orings needed on an Alien Invasion 2012? Or how to reset the stock board? Jack said it was in the manual, but I can't see it
There should be an actual plastic or hard rubber bumper in the rear of the ram cap, instead of an oring. Maybe that was originally lost so someone stuck an oring in there to compensate.......which should work fine. Any oring that will fit in place tight enough that it won't move freely should work. Maybe 2mm thick if you can find something. Or I'm sure Jack would send a new one out.