PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 PM #22
rexisme

has been a member for 10 years
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Honestly, doesn't insurance cover this type of stuff?

But, second point, if this keeps happening... let some dogs run the field @ night when closed. Sit in the bushes w/ a shotgun.. .this can be stopped.
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2012, 12:35 PM #23
rexisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosef 13 View Post
four step plan to solve your problem

1- buy some real guns
2- live on the property
3- post up and have it marked very clear that trespassers will be shot.
4- between Monday and Friday kill anything that moves

history shows us that death is the best deterrent for crime.
Thats how I'd roll. Tear it down once, ok. Come back and do it again, war.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 PM #24
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Honestly, if you're that remote, nothing you do is going to work. If they have time to bring in heavy equipment.........they have time to do anything. So without 24/7 security you're wasting time.

The easy solution is to first......change your location. Second....as someone mentioned earlier, base all operations out of a trailer or cube truck or something. You roll up.......unload poles and netting to set up a quick staging area first(if you can use living trees instead of poles even better). Roll out some folding tables for paint/snack sales, rental guns.....whatever. A loading ramp leads into the truck where your air fill station is located. Voila. Seems a bit ghetto but it leaves NOTHING at your location.

When the day is done, you reload everything back into the cube truck in reverse order. Drive away.

I'm not sure if you use scenario or speedball type of fields but you can get a sup-air field for speedball which you can load and unload with you. If you have scenario type fields just make them hard to destroy. Big trenches, dirt and rock piles, log stacks, sand bags......stuff that's hard to knock down and easy to build back up. This way even if they do damage to what little is there.....their effort to destroy it will be more costly than your effort to rebuild it. They'll give up.

Have staff do random looks in during the wee hours of the night. With a camera. Take pictures of cars license plates that are out there before confronting anyone. If someone doesn't belong, call the police and wait.

In the end nothing that remote is going to be safe. You could also offer a reward for any info about the vandals. Thugs turn on eachother pretty quick when it's in their best interest lol.

Last edited by MstrKey : 11-15-2012 at 01:26 PM.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:30 PM #25
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Honestly, doesn't insurance cover this type of stuff?

But, second point, if this keeps happening... let some dogs run the field @ night when closed. Sit in the bushes w/ a shotgun.. .this can be stopped.
Even if insurance covers it, it's hard to run a business when it's being destroyed and you're starting over every several months.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM #26
pbamike

pbamike owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Don't worry we have no intention of using traps or weapons (remember, we are in Canada).

We are already operating out of a trailer. Everything is in it (compressor, air system, rental equipment, paint, power generator, fuel, etc)

But we had a little structure that we used to dock the trailer to. It provided us with shade & counter space to work(it was wired with electricity from the gas generator in the trailer). The equipment in itself was not damaged (since it was not left at the field) but the structure was destroyed by the vandals.
pbamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM #27
Executive Paintball
Field Owner

Look into a steel shipping container, those things are practically a bomb shelter.
Executive Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 PM #28
Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executive Paintball View Post
Look into a steel shipping container, those things are practically a bomb shelter.
If someone can go in with a bulldozer unnoticed, then going in with a cutting torch shouldn't be a problem at all.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 PM #29
pbamike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
If someone can go in with a bulldozer unnoticed, then going in with a cutting torch shouldn't be a problem at all.
That's what happened to the other terrain I was talking about in my original post. The owner had all his rental/air stuff in a 40ft shipping container. The vandal(s) managed to break in and smash everything.

He's the one who found jerrycan of gas in his staging area.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 PM #30
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbamike View Post
That's what happened to the other terrain I was talking about in my original post. The owner had all his rental/air stuff in a 40ft shipping container. The vandal(s) managed to break in and smash everything.

He's the one who found jerrycan of gas in his staging area.
You could try moving to a more local area...

Like a suburb or something near a city. This way there will always be people around... And then just use security cameras or something simple at that point. That will keep them away from using large equipment(the location)
Old 11-15-2012, 11:02 PM #31
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Mars47 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
If theres any pattern in the week, day, or time, then maybe you can predict when its gonna happen again and do a nice little vigilante stake out.

But Im sorry to hear this happens. Its hard to imagine...
Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 AM #32
Evil_racecocker
Mad Metal Scientist

Evil_racecocker is a Supporting Member
put a rv trailer up there. Take turns with your friends staying up there. Put lots of lights up to make your presence known. Carry a firearm to protect yourself. Even Canadians are allowed to own guns.
Evil_racecocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:32 AM #33
Marmaduke
Aqua Team Agg Force

Marmaduke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Marmaduke plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniacs1 View Post
Even if insurance covers it, it's hard to run a business when it's being destroyed and you're starting over every several months.
Not to mention getting dropped because you're so high risk.

Feedback
PBN Feedback 11/0/0
MCB Feedback 8/0/0
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 AM #34
TeacherCreature

Insurance will cover it for a higher premium, its usually the difference between liability and comprehensive,
What if you dumped a trailer on the property which looks like a residence and then had solar powere motion lights? so someone does approach and the "residence" lights up?
I still say go vandalize them, the first time I said it was a joke now i am saying it to annoy the people who dont understand what a joke is lol
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 PM #35
rexisme

I just don't see how someone can keep destroying your stuff and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I am sorry but the only way to solve the issue is to catch the person and deliver street justice, if your local authorities cannot help you. These people are not only taking away your field, they are taking away your or someone elses livelihood.

Are all of you that big of pussies that you cannot stop someone from smashing your stuff? You just sit there and let it happen? Obviously the people are habitual offenders, pack up and camp out for a week. You will catch them, call the police once they enter your property. Maybe try putting a gate at the front, once they come in, shut the gate and then call the police. The bottom line is though, DO SOMETHING! These people are skin,bones,blood,organs just like you, dont be scared.

Last edited by rexisme : 11-21-2012 at 09:05 PM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:00 AM #36
TeacherCreature

I gave this some thought and I think there is an easy solution.
Security guard 8 hours a night 7 days a week, (56 hours) in my area that is like $600 a week. I think you can say 30,000 a year, take your average player visits and raise case of paint accordingly.
Ie. you get 3000 visits a year. Assuming a half case each raise your half case price by $10.

According to the original post this will still be WAY less than the competition and pay for security. I might also add that unless this is common, once you catch the vandal(s) [maybe a month or two] you can relax and have less security. You might even possibly keep the $10 case price, without the security, increasing your bottom line by previously mentioned $30,000!
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:40 PM #37
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I thought Canadians where supposed to be nice? This is some weird sh*t.

Have any of the expensive fields been vandalized like this, or just the legit one's in the area?

If none of the expensive fields have been messed up and the vandalism started right after the legit fields have opened up, I think it's pretty obvious who it is.

Any of these fields have websites?
Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 PM #38
pbamike

Xdanisx: I don't want to name the big fields (since it could imply that I'm accusing them of doing the vandalism and I don't feel like having to deal with a libel lawsuit).

Just to make sure, I'm not making any accusations at anyone... I'm just saying that in my opinion, it can look like if the price of paint in Quebec is fixed between the big field owners. Call any big paintball field in Quebec and ask for prices. If you are not a member, you will have to pay about 240$ for a case of low quality (draxxus recsport) paint. One of the field even charge almost 450$ for 3000 rounds of "premium" paint.

If you buy a membership (200$/year 500$/lifetime on average), then you get 2000 paintballs for 120$.

Then, when a new paintball field open and he sell paint cheaper, the field tends to be heavily vandalized (again, not the graffiti kind of vandalism.. We're talking about arson, slashed netting, damaged air equipment, etc), on multiple occasions.

Also, most (if not all) of the paintball centers in Quebec are using Draxxus/GI paint (which is made in Montreal by the way). Some centers even tried to justify price by saying that they have to pay for the shipping of the paint skids (which apparently does not apply to us/on/maritimes centers...)

Our field switched from Draxxus to Badland (and the Inka brand of paint) last year because of the very inconsistent quality found in Darxxus/GI products. We were actually loosing customers because of the bad quality of the product sold to us by DXS/GI. We had so many complaints about the paint it was horrible. We ordered a few skids of Inka copper/silver from Inka (which was also cheaper per case with the shipping included) and the amount of complaints we received about bad paint dropped by 90%. While the copper isn't exactly tournament grade paint, the silver was IMO a decent paint for recball (but it tend to break in cyclone hoppers that are not upgraded with the squishy paddles).
Old 11-22-2012, 09:37 PM #39
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm honestly just amazed at the fact that people can afford to play at those fields. Wouldn't everyone just flock to the newer cheaper places? I mean even if you had a yearly membership with a field you'd be saving money.

1. Stop playing at such expensive seemingly corrupt fields
2. Buy a new Luxe 2.0
3. ???
4. Still profit
Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 AM #40
pbamike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdanisx View Post
I'm honestly just amazed at the fact that people can afford to play at those fields. Wouldn't everyone just flock to the newer cheaper places?
The "newer cheaper places" tend to go up in flames every 6 months or so...
Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 AM #41
Horizon

How many fields do you know of that have been seriously vandalized like this? Where, geographically, are these fields? Do ANY lower cost fields exist or have they ALL been vandalized seriously like this?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 PM #42
1badWS6
TATT!!

1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends V
1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends VI
1badWS6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
1badWS6 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosef 13 View Post
four step plan to solve your problem

1- buy some real guns
2- live on the property
3- post up and have it marked very clear that trespassers will be shot.
4- between Monday and Friday kill anything that moves

history shows us that death is the best deterrent for crime.
I'm gonna second this idea!