Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 PM #169
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
yeah im looking for an ETA but i fear it wont be for a while.

Was saving for a clone but BAM I got my answer on whether or not there will be a new ND or not.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 AM #170
FallenHero_08
KCCO

has been a member for 10 years
Any update Jack?? any renders or anything yet??
FallenHero_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 AM #171
andyf1008

andyf1008 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
andyf1008 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Just for the love of god leave the grip frame a straight .45.
-Move the macro to the front of the asa or go macroless but really its fine as is.
-Don't put rubber on the forgrip. Soft wrap-arounds grips are fine for some but guns should be cold and hard (Did I mention stick with the .45 frame.)
-Most importantly, keep the .45 frame.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:51 PM #172
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I have some ideas which may actually be super helpful:

Includes a set of thick contoured and thin contoured grips. That way people who like lightweight and small frames can be happy and people out there like me who like to be able to fully grip the frame when shooting don't need to chuck fat bills for an extra frame or some ridiculous ****.

Enclosed bolt. Please man. If not for peace of mind to the hundreds of potential customers, then for design's sake. I mean look how much cooler the Species timmy is than the other ones.

Keep the Macro. Seriously not that big a deal... BUT, at the least, make it sidewinder style or with an angled collar so you can keep the front end lower profile.

Booster bolt mod. The puff of air from blowback routed at the eyes and detents to keep them debris free in case of a situation where paint breaks.

FASOR design, perhaps? It can slow the bolt on the forward stroke and quicken it on the rearwards stroke. If it's a super lightweight spring, you won't need to jack the operating pressure up or risk bolt stick/FSDO. That way, you can also have a longer mechanical dwell and lower electronic dwell for an overall lower pressure/same volume gun.

In theory, that is.

I think that'd do a lot.

What would also be a cool idea is imparting a soft spring at the back and front of the ram. That way it's slightly assisted on startup and slowed at the end of every stroke in the cycle and could probably require the same or slightly lower operating pressure.

All in theory, but fun ideas to consider.

I honestly prefer magnetic retention on the ram so the ram could be smaller and be assisted/slowed consistently every time without the need for extra crap in the lower tube.

Whatever you do, hurry up man. You're disappearing from the scene
Old 04-07-2013, 04:07 PM #173
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
I have some ideas which may actually be super helpful:

Includes a set of thick contoured and thin contoured grips. That way people who like lightweight and small frames can be happy and people out there like me who like to be able to fully grip the frame when shooting don't need to chuck fat bills for an extra frame or some ridiculous ****.(
I do appreciate ideas, but consider:
Two sets of grips means two molds - thousands of dollars - and I would have to sell a lot of extra guns just to break even. I'm not thinking that will sell extra guns.

Quote:
Enclosed bolt. Booster bolt mod. (
The easiest thing to do is pull out the bolt to clean it to enclose the bolt is A LOT of extra work for no performance gain. I have heard that some like the idea - but liking it doesn't mean it should be done. A puff of air... blowing out the detents - where dos the pain go - out a vent hole - losing air efficiency when guns break very little paint and the again - a lot of extra work for something that - to me - sounds way better than it is.

Quote:
FASOR design, perhaps? It can slow the bolt on the forward stroke and quicken it on the rearwards stroke.

What would also be a cool idea is imparting a soft spring at the back and front of the ram. That way it's slightly assisted on startup and slowed at the end of every stroke in the cycle and could probably require the same or slightly lower operating pressure. (
Springs suck! Aliens are very low pressure guns and need nothing to slow the forward stroke.

Quote:
I honestly prefer magnetic retention on the ram so the ram could be smaller and be assisted/slowed consistently every time without the need for extra crap in the lower tube. (
A retention on the rammer - if it holds the rammer longer - will mean that the pressure will build before releasing the rammer, the forward stroke would be then faster and the too fast acceleration could cause ball breakage.
Again no reason to include this, as like a unneeded spring or bolt enclosure it complicates without a corresponding increase in performance or reliability. IMO a decrease.

Quote:
Whatever you do, hurry up man. You're disappearing from the scene
Well I have been around 8 years now, Made it though the downturn and getting closer to finalizing the "next" gun. But it will be done when it is done and that is just the way it is with Alien. However it looks like some ideas that have been waiting for 3 or 4 years will finally be available, for those that are willing to pay the extra. But as to disappearing, I don't know about that. The Invasion is a lot, I mean a lot of gun for the $ and I get calls every week form players thanking me for making it.

Don't mean to be the hater, truly, rather pointing out that it's harder to improve a gun than some might think, changes are not always improvement IMO too often what others pass off as improvement is just change with expensive advertising hype... but then I did just say I didn't want to be the hater
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 PM #174
Doublesightent

Doublesightent owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
one thing I would really like to see is a lower profile bolt pin
Doublesightent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 PM #175
Jack Rice

^
Sounds like somebody has been looking at posts about pinocchio loaders.
Bolt pin pretty much has to stick up enough to grab it and lift it out of the the rammer.
The reason that the Independence hit on Pinocchio was because the feedneck was ultra low.
One thing XSV said when they shot the gun was that the gun was right at being too narrow. Some wanted the loader just a bit higher and the bottle just a bit lower. couple of them would lift the loader a quarter inch up from the bottom of the feed neck. And we put a rail on two guns to drop the bottle about a half inch. On Invasion we raised the feedneck a quarter inch and the problem with Pinocchio was gone, and we made the grip frame a half inch taller. Almost everyone says they like the feel of the Invasion, without having to "get used to it"
Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 PM #176
Doublesightent

my wish-list of things id like to see in the "Next Independence"
1. keep the thin profile of the indy
2. wrap around rubber grips with 2 screws on each side not 4
3. keep the grip frame style
4. keep the invasion barrel (like the the long control bore)
5. keep the hoseless LPR
6. keep the critical trigger or a spring return trigger (did not like the invasion trigger)
7. im not sure how possible it is with the independent ram but make the snatch grip a lower profile (like the egos)
8. make milling lines agressive
9. Keep the space between the reg and trigger frame
10. rubber grip on the reg
11. make the reg and grip frame separate from eachother I personally did not like the "tray" that separated from the body, I like how Bob Long and MacDev does it with the grip from and the body are the only two pieces

In the box should be the gat wrap spare orings and tech hose for the independent ram and a barrel kit with .682 .684 .686 and .688
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 PM #177
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublesightent View Post
my wish-list of things id like to see in the "Next Independence"
1. keep the thin profile of the indy K
2. wrap around rubber grips with 2 screws on each side not 4 Maybe - but that is a pretty little thing and wrap arounds make the grip fatter for those with smaller hands
3. keep the grip frame style K
4. keep the invasion barrel (like the the long control bore)K
5. keep the hoseless LPR K
6. keep the critical trigger or a spring return trigger (did not like the invasion trigger)Trigger are the most personal choice of any thing on any gun. Once a players gets used to whatever trigger they have that is what they like. I see it all the time players pick up a gunand try to get the trigger going and the say "I like my trigger better" IMO what they are saying is I'm used to my trigger
7. im not sure how possible it is with the independent ram but make the snatch grip a lower profile (like the egos)?
8. make milling lines agressive Makes it harder to clean
9. Keep the space between the reg and trigger frame K
10. rubber grip on the reg
11. make the reg and grip frame separate from each other I personally did not like the "tray" that separated from the body, I like how Bob Long and MacDev does it with the grip from and the body are the only two pieces ?

In the box should be the gat wrap spare orings and tech hose for the independent ram and a barrel kit with .682 .684 .686 and .688
And how much does all that cost?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM #178
Doublesightent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
And how much does all that cost?
Dont make it $1500

There is a nice sweet spot in the high end market $1000-1200 with the barrel kit and OLED. But if you want to be competitive $800-1000 price it right at the G6R thats your biggest competitor.

What you could do is scale the prices

Have an economy model $800 and thats the gun gat wrap barrel and orings

the purpose of this is to get that gun into as many peoples hands as possible name recognition is almost as, if not more important than performance

The new JT impulse isnt getting traction in mind share because the name does not justify the price

Then have the Extreme model with all the bells and whistles $1200 with the gun gat wrap barrel kit and OLED board-

I think the barrel kit is very important is this edition because it gives the buyer something to justify on "taking a risk" on a smaller company

And I know many people dislike Yearly Releases, but as a smaller company coming out with a "new" gun every year gives you more time in the spotlight (free marketing) to sell more guns and get that all important mindshare
Old 04-08-2013, 10:08 PM #179
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D4 division
A big selling point would be having NT-esque ergonomics. Really comfy, grippy rubber and have everything made to held really comfortable. Many poppets I've held so ply don't fell along gated enough. Even the ASA is angled really square and it has you holding the gun almost down naturally. A lot of the guns people like have you naturally holding the gun slightly up. I haven't held too many aliens and didn't pay too much attention to the ergos but just from looking at one they don't seem to be ahead of the game or anything. Otherwise the guns just need to be marketed. They aren't bad guns
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:40 AM #180
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

griffan2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
id kill for standard 45% grip screw pattern. i have super long fingers and the indy is way to thin to me. i have some nice grips i really want to throw onto mine but the screw set is off

New 1 piece Dual-bored barrels out now from Parabolic!
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:39 PM #181
asfaraslogic
Professional Hater

I need one of the testers in black please.
asfaraslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM #182
Kmafia89
GO BLUE

Kmafia89 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kmafia89 is an NCPA player
Kmafia89 supports DLX Technology
They need to make it macro-less. Except for where most guns have the regulator now in the asa or where it usuallly is, I think it would be cool to have it behind the bolt where it usually get milled away on a poppit use that extra area to put a regulator in the back. It would sorta be like a spool in appearance but then you could do some crazy milling aroung the grip and front of the gun. Wouldn't be the easiest to get the bolt out though, but I'm sure something could be thought up.

Last edited by Kmafia89 : 06-14-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Kmafia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:53 AM #183
spypaintball

spypaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spypaintball supports Empire
I like the idea but the Zodiac zr-1 has the reg behind the bolt
ICDO
North East Ballers
spypaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:19 AM #184
El Chance Libre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmafia89 View Post
They need to make it macro-less. Except for where most guns have the regulator now in the asa or where it usuallly is, I think it would be cool to have it behind the bolt where it usually get milled away on a poppit use that extra area to put a regulator in the back. It would sorta be like a spool in appearance but then you could do some crazy milling aroung the grip and front of the gun. Wouldn't be the easiest to get the bolt out though, but I'm sure something could be thought up.
This has been done. Aren't the regs on the inline poppets bob long makes there?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:22 AM #185
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
Well I have been around 8 years now, Made it though the downturn and getting closer to finalizing the "next" gun. But it will be done when it is done and that is just the way it is with Alien. However it looks like some ideas that have been waiting for 3 or 4 years will finally be available, for those that are willing to pay the extra. But as to disappearing, I don't know about that. The Invasion is a lot, I mean a lot of gun for the $ and I get calls every week form players thanking me for making it.
Hmm.. is that a Hint at a 86 frame option or both frame balls out kit like the 08 indy? i Sure as hell hope so.

My suggestions
-Bring back the CF tip.
-86 frame OPTION... i realize not everyone wants it or likes it, but i would pay for it.
-Milling OPTION - i understand your points on more aggressive milling is costly. i wouldn't say its harder to clean at all, a simple swipe of a microfiber cleans every gun ive ever owned from the plain shocker SFT to the super aggressive threshold. either way, i would pay much more for more milling.
-For the love of god jack, a more elegant power button. it feels so cheap to have a 1000+ dollar gun and have that cheap looking and feeling button. maybe some sort of rubber membrane or bezel.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:45 AM #186
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
cf.... I don't know about that... i still have mine - but only because I forgot about them. I never really used them and don't plan to. There were issues with them too from what i recall.

86 frame... I really really like my interceptor. that frame is supper comfortable for me and in the old '08 i used to have I switched to that frame straight away. But, its not something that everyone will like whereas a 45 is what everyone is used to.

My E-Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
rluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:30 AM #187
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero_08 View Post
Bring back the CF tip.
86 frame OPTION... i realize not everyone wants it or likes it, but i would pay for it.
Milling OPTION - i understand your points on more aggressive milling is costly. i wouldn't say its harder to clean at all, a simple swipe of a microfiber cleans every gun ive ever owned from the plain shocker SFT to the super aggressive threshold. either way, i would pay much more for more milling.
For the love of god jack, a more elegant power button. it feels so cheap to have a 1000+ dollar gun and have that cheap looking and feeling button. maybe some sort of rubber membrane or bezel.
CF tip. Maybe - not certain yet
86 frame Sorry, that shipped sailed. Once players get used to the industry standard they want what "feels right"
Milling OPTION. I think (almost) everyone will agree "best looking ever"
more elegant power button... maybe some sort of rubber membrane Invasion has a rubber membrane
Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM #188
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluna View Post
cf.... I don't know about that... i still have mine - but only because I forgot about them. I never really used them and don't plan to. There were issues with them too from what i recall.
that was back in 08 though, i Carbon Fiber tech in paintball has pretty much caught up to the rest of the world. PE has proven that.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 AM #189
FallenHero_08
KCCO

86 frame - Sorry, that shipped sailed. Once players get used to the industry standard they want what "feels right" Ships come back to port all the time, and as long as its done right people will love it again.
Milling OPTION.- I think (almost) everyone will agree "best looking ever"would be nice to have a split option, especially when all the high ends are coming out with PL's
more elegant power button... maybe some sort of rubber membrane - Invasion has a rubber membraneI know, just saying to continue that on the new indy