Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-20-2004, 12:57 PM #22
BigMack
playground

BigMack is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
PRO refs over analyze **** way too much. This is paintball. Were not playing for a spot in Congress.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bayhouse

I guess SOME of the losing teams will always find an excuse as to why they didn't win. The refs seem to be the automatic scapegoats as to why you didn't step it up and overcome the obstacles to be the best.
^ YOUR A MOMO!
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2004, 01:14 PM #23
Happy Happy Panda

the english **** on the jt field was the worst ref ever
Old 07-20-2004, 01:20 PM #24
BigMack
playground

Get it right...he was Finnish.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:27 PM #25
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by BigMack
PRO refs over analyze **** way too much. This is paintball. Were not playing for a spot in Congress.

^ YOUR A MOMO!
I'm sorry, were my sentences too intelligent for you?
Old 07-20-2004, 01:31 PM #26
minime

minime is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by Bayhouse
^^^Must have been a different field because I don't remember us using the walkie talkies on the Spyder field. And nobody on the Spyder field ever stood there crossing their arms.
oh and you guys cost us a game in the prelims too.

the refs are scapegoats because they're the only ones to blame. any team knows that if given the chance they would play on with hits, run out of bounds and shoot people, and wipe goggle hits so you can't blame the other team for taking advantage of the chances they are given. that leaves only the refs to blame for making ****ty calls. if you don't like it don't ref.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 07-20-2004, 02:07 PM #27
shamu

Quote:
Originally posted by -JP-
Well, when one player gets hit, goes out of bounds and then shoots a Nemesis player, and the player is still pulled, don't you think that's a bad call? Oh yeah, but the call that determined game 3 was when Ray ran up and bunkered the last Colorado player, who then flinched and then spun, but of course the Colorado player was called clean...
the player who went out of bounds got stitched after he passed the 50 but he got shots off before he was hit. He stopped shooting/pulled up with a few steps (reasonable distance for reaction to getting hit). He was pulled. The other player had hits on him when he was checked, so he was pulled as well. It was a mutual.

The Colorado player didn't have any paint on him. Should he have been pulled just because the other guy tried to bunker him?

Last edited by shamu : 07-20-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:19 PM #28
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Quote:
Originally posted by minime
oh and you guys cost us a game in the prelims too.

the refs are scapegoats because they're the only ones to blame. any team knows that if given the chance they would play on with hits, run out of bounds and shoot people, and wipe goggle hits so you can't blame the other team for taking advantage of the chances they are given. that leaves only the refs to blame for making ****ty calls. if you don't like it don't ref.
Missed calls are made in every sport in the world, but how often do you see coaches saying that is what made their team lose?

Take baseball for example. If only the umpire had called that last pitch a ball, we would have had a chance to hit a single to win the World Series.
Or football. If only the ref had seen the Defensive Lineman hold the blocker on the last play, we could have scored the touch down that would have won the game.
Now back to paintball. If only the ref had seen the hit as he dove into the bunker we could have won the game.

The reality is that most calls are caught and correct. I agree that there are some calls that are missed and some errors are made, but we aren't perfect. Nobody is perfect and nobody will ever be perfect, and since that is the case why don't you try improving your game to the point where it doesn't matter if the ref misses a call or two.

My point is this, if you are good enough and you played well enough, then those missed calls shouldn't change the outcome of the game, which is you winning. The only exception to this general rule is when all the calls go against you, and all the calls for the other team go in favor for them. The only time this happens is when you have one team reffing another team, which the NPPL does not do.

Last edited by Bayhouse : 07-21-2004 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:34 PM #29
BigMack
playground

<3 Andrew.

Bayhouse, bad analogy my friend. The umpire stands behind the plate the whole game, where as your lazy *** reffing staff sits there on the sidelines, scared to go check because they dont want to get shot.

When another ref see's the shot from across the field and tells another ref to go check, and the other ref is soo god damn lazy that he just still sits there with his arms crossed, then there is a problem.

The only person I ever give credit to, is shamu. He is a great ref and isnt scared to go check.

Andrew you need to go scout for more qualified refs.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:53 PM #30
143paul

Quote:
<

When another ref see's the shot from across the field and tells another ref to go check, and the other ref is soo god damn lazy that he just still sits there with his arms crossed, then there is a problem.

Andrew you need to go scout for more qualified refs.
Don’t generalize all the refs because of this one guy you saw not make his call – I got stitched at least 32 times in the back of my head this weekend to make my calls – that bouncer cap I had on did little to help that (this is not counting the other 127 hits I took to my body). We were trained by Dan and Chuck to haul our a$$ across that field and make our call – that is what I did and what I saw being done on my field (NPPL). If there is truly a Ref that is not up to par – get his # and tell the head ref. If he is a slacker we don’t want him out there either.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:01 PM #31
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Quote:
The umpire stands behind the plate the whole game, where as your lazy *** reffing staff sits there on the sidelines, scared to go check because they dont want to get shot.
Too bad I was laying down in the middle of the field getting shot all day long. Everytime I ran to pull a player I would take 2 or 3 hits. I counted close to 60 welts on my back, butt, and arms alone, not including the front of my body. Add another 30 or so hits on my goggles and head. There goes your theory my friend. Nobody on our field ever stood there with their arms crossed.

Oh and the umpire analogy is a good one because it has to do with making the right or wrong call, not if he is too lazy to even attempt to make it.

Last edited by Bayhouse : 07-20-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:08 PM #32
minime

143paul, i told the head ref and all his (the ref that just stood there) little *** buddy ref friends ignored the fact that there was a hit on his pack. I pointed it out and all they kept saying is that he was pulled for walking away from his gun completely ignoring what i was saying.

bayhouse, only someone on the angel field /did/ stand there with their arms crossed. the ref on my side point blank said on his mic to the other ref "check the guy in the snake on his left side, he got shot going in" and the ref on the snake side just ****ing stood there with his arms crossed.

and your analogy is a terrible one because people do complain about refs in other sports. you're a ******* for thinking they don't. shack got suspended for calling the refs ****ing morons in a live interview and coaches get kicked out in baseball all the time for arguing that the refs make bad calls. refs are argued with in every sport because in every sport they make bad calls. quit thinking you're perfect. you and your refs made bad calls whether you'd like to admit it or not and the players have a right to complain. i personally won't make any threads about it because i don't really give a **** and it's over but i will add in my 2 cents and tell you to get off your high horse and quit thinking you're perfect.

the only way refs wouldn't matter is if you are insanely better than the competition and that eliminates the entire point of competition. you don't even ****ing play, you ref. i think you're the one that needs to get better at paintball.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 07-20-2004, 04:26 PM #33
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Quote:
and your analogy is a terrible one because people do complain about refs in other sports. you're a ******* for thinking they don't. shack got suspended for calling the refs ****ing morons in a live interview and coaches get kicked out in baseball all the time for arguing that the refs make bad calls. refs are argued with in every sport because in every sport they make bad calls. quit thinking you're perfect. you and your refs made bad calls whether you'd like to admit it or not and the players have a right to complain. my 2 cents and tell you to get off your high horse and quit thinking you're perfect.
Boy, talk about selective reading. Here's a quote from one of my previous posts, " I agree that there are some calls that are missed and some errors are made, but we aren't perfect. Nobody is perfect and nobody will ever be perfect"

And I never said players and coaches don't argue with the refs, I asked how often do you hear them declaring the refs are the reason they lost.
Quote:
the only way refs wouldn't matter is if you are insanely better than the competition and that eliminates the entire point of competition. you don't even ****ing play, you ref. i think you're the one that needs to get better at paintball.
If I wanted to spend the time and money to play on a team then I would. Then again, I never said I was better than anybody else here.

Last edited by Bayhouse : 07-20-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:55 PM #34
*K*

Quote:
Originally posted by shamu
the player who went out of bounds got stitched after he passed the 50 but he got shots off before he was hit. He stopped shooting/pulled up with a few steps (reasonable distance for reaction to getting hit). He was pulled. The other player had hits on him when he was checked, so he was pulled as well. It was a mutual.

The Colorado player didn't have any paint on him. Should he have been pulled the other guy tried to bunker him?
And you win the contest for being the dumbest person ever because that guy from Colorado Shooters that shot Ronnie got mowed all across the mask and chest and still continued to run and shoot Ronnie. That was so much crap and cost Nemesis the win(and i say that because if they were playin for first they most-likely would have won the tourney)but instead the dumb reffing cost them the win. If i were Ronnie i would have broken that dumb ref in two(and im sure he thought about it to)
Old 07-20-2004, 08:56 PM #35
-JP-

Oh yeah, he definately thought about killing the ref; he was raging hardcore.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:05 AM #36
MikeyD

"the refs are scapegoats because they're the only ones to blame. any team knows that if given the chance they would play on with hits, run out of bounds and shoot people, and wipe goggle hits so you can't blame the other team for taking advantage of the chances they are given. that leaves only the refs to blame for making ****ty calls. if you don't like it don't ref."
OMG!!!! I'll bet you're one of those guys we hear about who breaks into a house, gets his *** kicked and wants to press charges cuz after all, "you can't blame the other team for taking advantage of the chances they are given. And that leaves only the owner to blame for defending his property".
I'm glad you feel ripped off now.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:18 PM #37
minime

you should contemplate suicide for making such a terrible analogy.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 07-21-2004, 02:19 PM #38
NotSpeedyejl (Banned)

NotSpeedyejl is a Supporting Member
Quote:
i shot out 11 players on the opposing team and we still lost.
4 of those players were probobaly pissed off refs

- HearshotKidDisaster
Old 07-21-2004, 08:13 PM #39
Albinus

Reffing on the Spyder field ROCKED!!! ;)

...That is, if you weren't the Naughty Dogs or the Redz Hurricanes. They got shafted BAD by some blonde-haired ref who couldn't hack it and had to call in Phil to back his sorry calls up. Even Rocky's Mom was out on the field in the middle of the arguments that erupted.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:23 PM #40
panelli07

It's the same BS after every tournament! "The refs sucked! ,The refs were lazy!, I shot the guy first!, The other guy played on!
Don't get me wrong, I DO think the refs made a few poor calls. After all it CAN'T be my sh*tty playing that kept us out of the finals. I need someone else to blame. And the refs on the JT field were A***holes!
But over all they all did a great job watching all of us.
I am sure they missed that 1 key call that knocked your team (or mine) from first place to last place. But they did the best they could.
If we as players would be HONEST all of the time it would make thier job much easier.
To those of you that are b**ching that the one bad call cost you the tournament I say try refing before you bad mouth the refs. I guarntee that the people you ref will be saying the same sh*t about you.
Granted some of them were lazy and there were a few bad calls but overall I for one think they did a great job.

Last edited by panelli07 : 07-21-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:16 PM #41
DynoZone84

**** the english or finish or whatever the hell he is on the JT field, I was called out 3 Seperate times on that field with no hits on me! I even had other refs look me over after the game and just walk away because they couldnt explain themselves. All 3 games I was sliding in the 40 dorito.....

On the angel field they started the game 30 seconds after we got on the field, and never gave us armbads, its 3v2 us and a ref pulls the last 3 of us because we have no bands......i didnt pay 1600 dollars to get pulled for something the refs should have done, or at least mentioned to us.

We got raped, but i was pulled 4 games for no reason....im pretty sure I would have made a difference in the dorito on the JT field every game we played there instead of the deadbox.

I stopped hoping for good refs on the spyder field when the most important thing they couldnt think of to tell me when I came on was I would be called for "aggressive bunker sliding".....When anyone who was playing knows that if you slid,you slid for 50 feet on that turf.

NPPL and chronic refs seemed good to me
Old 07-21-2004, 11:55 PM #42
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Quote:
Originally posted by DynoZone84
I stopped hoping for good refs on the spyder field when the most important thing they couldnt think of to tell me when I came on was I would be called for "aggressive bunker sliding".....When anyone who was playing knows that if you slid,you slid for 50 feet on that turf.
The refs don't have to say anything to you when you walk on the field, but as a courtesey to you, they do. If you know you can slide really far then you can always slide early and avoid incoming paintballs that would otherwise hit you.

50 feet? More like 15 feet.