Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 PM #1
hockeyman17

hockeyman17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Slight Change to the Feedback System

Hey Everybody,

First off, I just want to say that I really like the new feedback system compared to the old one. However, anybody who uses the B/S/T here knows that feedback is everything. A single negative even with 100 positives hurts you. So the majority of the time, even if a deal doesn't go exactly as planned (i.e. the other party takes 2 weeks to ship, item slightly different then described, etc) positive feedback is left for fear of a retaliatory negative.

What I propose is that you change the system so that feedback remains hidden until both parties have posted their feedback and is then made uneditable (word?). A similar system is used at another online trading site and it seems to work flawlessly (link provided to any mods/admins that ask).

What do you guys think? This would allow people to leave honest feedback without having to worry about a retaliatory strike.

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2007, 01:55 PM #2
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman17 View Post
Hey Everybody,

First off, I just want to say that I really like the new feedback system compared to the old one. However, anybody who uses the B/S/T here knows that feedback is everything. A single negative even with 100 positives hurts you. So the majority of the time, even if a deal doesn't go exactly as planned (i.e. the other party takes 2 weeks to ship, item slightly different then described, etc) positive feedback is left for fear of a retaliatory negative.

What I propose is that you change the system so that feedback remains hidden until both parties have posted their feedback and is then made uneditable (word?). A similar system is used at another online trading site and it seems to work flawlessly (link provided to any mods/admins that ask).

What do you guys think? This would allow people to leave honest feedback without having to worry about a retaliatory strike.

Thanks
Under this system, if you got bad feedback first, you could just not reply and that feedback would be hidden?

Old 08-19-2007, 02:12 PM #3
hockeyman17

No, both traders leave feedback and it appears on the others traders page as *hidden*. It is then officially posted (and changed from *hidden* to the comment the other trader left) to the traders feedback page when both traders have submitted feedback for the respective party. I'll send a PM with a link to the site I'm referencing so you can see what I mean.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:15 PM #4
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

leprechaun8942 is a Moderator
leprechaun8942 is playing at Living Legends X
leprechaun8942 supports Team VICIOUS
I think what Kyle is referring to is what if the second party never leaves feedback? Then the first parties feedback will always be hidden.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:24 PM #5
hockeyman17

Hmm... I see what you mean. Perhaps a deadline (must leave feedback after the other person does within X days?). The way the other site works is that you have to mark the trade as received, which forces you to leave feedback, since this site doesn't do that, I see what you mean. Maybe another user has a better idea to implement something like this. Additionally, here is a picture to show others what I am talking about.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:24 PM #6
benji25
Legen (wait for it) Dary

benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 supports Bob Gurnsey
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Maybe you should just not deal with immature people? Haha just kidding.

The idea is ok, but what if after the trade went through they needed to change feedback for something? Like they received a gun but didn't have a chance to test it but when they finally did it didnt work?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:27 PM #7
hockeyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji25 View Post
The idea is ok, but what if after the trade went through they needed to change feedback for something? Like they received a gun but didn't have a chance to test it but when they finally did it didnt work?

Don't leave feedback until you're satisfied with the transaction. There is nobody to blame but yourself if you don't test an item. I think (not certain) that you can only change for a limited amount of time as it is now, so that isn't a big difference.