Old 12-12-2005, 08:48 AM #1
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
The OFFICIAL editing software thread

This is the ONLY thread where you are free to ask questions about/discuss editing software.
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2005, 09:41 AM #2
BigBlackZach

What free solfware do u guys us i us i use Microsolf Moive Maker
BigBlackZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:57 PM #3
Defenestration

ditto, i have the 64 bit verson of windows, its all redone, its really nice, i want to get premire or final cut pro, but ya the last thing i can afford is those things
Defenestration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:24 PM #4
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! posts videos on PbNation
Auctionjunkie! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I personally use Ulead Media Studio Pro and Ulead Video Studio for my capturing and editing. A bit pricy but well worth it.
Dan
Auctionjunkie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:08 PM #5
shockey

same i use ulead.....if ur only looking to edit 1 thing get this....real nice....i think a 30 day trial...
shockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:20 PM #6
BigBlackZach

Where do u get the Ulead trial
BigBlackZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:39 PM #7
swolkid_76

On my mac I use final cut pro in conjunction with Adobe after effects and photoshop.

On pc I use The adobe media package (premier pro 1.5, after effects, photoshop, dvd producer etc.)

I really like the ease of use for the Final cut pro and Premier pro (both programs written by the same guy)
Old 12-12-2005, 08:43 PM #8
husTLA
♥♣♠•

husTLA plays in the PSP
husTLA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
husTLA plays in the APPA D5 division
i heard sony vegas was a good program.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:27 PM #9
D:< @ DYNASTY
so pitted.

D:< @ DYNASTY posts videos on PbNation
i use prmiere pro and photoshop and am saving up for a mac setup because it seems as thoughthe industry is heading that way

01' Billy Wing Ironmen + 02' Mark Knop Avalanche jerseys.
2004 Prototype JT Team pants.
Rare flex parts - Celtic, Black Techno + more.
Shocker, Intimidator, 98 Custom.

"there is a property in the horizon which no man has but he whose eye can integrate all the parts"
D:< @ DYNASTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:36 PM #10
Matt the Ref

The industry is already a mac world. Or is moving very quickly towards it. Avid is commonly used, actually it is pretty much an industry standard, from advirtising to major motion pictures. Avid is the way to go.

I use personally Sony Vegas 5.0 with Photoshop, Acid Pro 5.0, Garage Band (Mac) and DVD Architect 2.0.

Vegas is a great piece of software, offering numerous effects, transitions, and encryptions. (WMA-MPEG II NTSC). Unlimited video and audio tracks as well. It is definatly worth the investment if you are considering going into the industy.

Have fun, and good luck with everything,

-Matt

Head editor/owner

PCP Media
Luminesk

Official Media Sponsor
IAO
NYPS
First Prize XBall league
Matt the Ref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:28 PM #11
ShootFaces14

whats the best program to get?

Bing Shop.Ambition Media.

The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime. -Babe Ruth
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3425482<<< GUN SALE!!
ShootFaces14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:35 PM #12
ninja-run-thru

Anybody know where I can download FREE editing software. Im cheap as crap
ninja-run-thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:18 PM #13
BonusBallerBrad

yeah, steal it from limewire or bearshare etc.
BonusBallerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:55 AM #14
swolkid_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootFaces14
whats the best program to get?
It's like a high end marker, once you get into the more expensive programs they are all pretty much the same, it really depends on how they feel to you
Old 12-14-2005, 03:58 AM #15
swolkid_76

BTW anybody have any experience in the Canopus editing program? I have never really heard of it before, but someone I know uses it. I always like to try different programs and see what works best.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 AM #16
Defenestration

its becoming a mac world? maybe in your dreams... i can do everything you can do in your little g4 but in hand build it for a quarter of the price, and then have the compaitibity of all the programs that are out there, 64 bit computer for 600 bucks, ya...not bad, unless your mommy and daddy are stupidly rich so you can go blow money on a mac like that, its easy enough to keep my pc running fine, it only takes commen sense
Defenestration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:42 PM #17
XMuppetMowerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestration
its becoming a mac world? maybe in your dreams... i can do everything you can do in your little g4 but in hand build it for a quarter of the price, and then have the compaitibity of all the programs that are out there, 64 bit computer for 600 bucks, ya...not bad, unless your mommy and daddy are stupidly rich so you can go blow money on a mac like that, its easy enough to keep my pc running fine, it only takes commen sense
Yikes! That's kinda harsh. I am a PC user also, and use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. I know alot of the "media" people are using final cut and mac's, but I always figured that the art types did that cuz they couldn't understand a pc. But if they want to spend all that money on inferior stuff, let them. Don't flame them, they don't know any better.
XMuppetMowerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:54 PM #18
ShootFaces14

swolkid thx for the info.
but any recommendations anyone?

Bing Shop.Ambition Media.

The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime. -Babe Ruth
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3425482<<< GUN SALE!!
ShootFaces14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:20 PM #19
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMuppetMowerX
I always figured that the art types did that cuz they couldn't understand a pc.
Macs were the preferred choice for printing and video because they were much more accurate at displaying color. Their board and processor architecture were also geared toward this task, while the PC systems were orginally designed to be business machines. PC's were better suited for computing spreadsheets and stuff.

To put it in perspective, Xerox still uses Mac systems for their color front ends, but uses PC's for everything else.
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:21 PM #20
Matt the Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestration

Well that is an interesting statement, I would first like to make a correction to your arguement, A) I am running Sony Vegas 5.0, PC Based software. B) I use a PC to edit C) My "mommy and daddy" are not stupidly rich D) I OWN my own production company, yes, I bought everything I am using currently, including the Sony Vegas Suit. E) I prefer Vegas over IMovie (for obvious reasons as stated above) F) I am actually involved within the industry. Yes, I pay income tax on this, I make money off of this, I travel to events, and I am a media sponsor (producing the official IAO 2005 DVD) of the IAO and the New York Paintball Series.

Secondly to the major arguement here, The industry is begining to move to macs, due to the editing programs and the speed and stability of Mac platforms. Note that Avid is used pretty much industry wide. Further note how I use the phrase "Industry" IE Business end of video production

Avid is used in many companies to not only edit 30sec commercial segments, but to edit news segments, all the way to editing and compiling major motion pictures. So unless you are making major productions in your room, or you are even considering editing for commercial reasons, you dont need to spend 4grand on a computer, nor do you have to spend 1999 on Avid for editing, not including additional monitors ect ect.

THe industry is again the business aspect, not consumer.

Enjoy that answer, at least I have the common sense and respect to not make note to personal issues.

-Matt

Official Media Sponsor

IAO
NYPS
First Prize Xball

PCP Media
Luminesk
Matt the Ref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:17 PM #21
Funbox711
Bossmaster

The best editing software in the world I think is none other then Adobe premier pro 1.5 and final cut pro for the mac, nothing can beat those, they are very advanced and the technical directors in vegas use them to make the movies we watch at the show but yeah they are very expensive.
Funbox711 is offline   Reply With Quote