PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2014, 11:15 PM #1
Sandridge
Go Bucks!

has been a member for 10 years
Bought a Resurrection

Didn't think I would ever purchase a Resurrection - but I decided to. I haven't had it out to a field yet - this weekend she'll have an opportunity to feast. The gun is impressively light for an autococker - compared to the fully-spiked gothic I've been rocking for a while, it is really light.
Only beef with the marker is the setup. Seems to have a very stiff main spring from the factory and a somewhat heavy trigger pull. Definitely not as snappy as what I am used to. Kind of disappointing really. I'll rock it stock for a weekend, then start tuning it. The mechanical gothic I have is a dream to shoot. Old benchmark frame, old school belsales front block and full belsales internals... Maybe it just needs a case or so ran through it.

Feedback: https://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=302061
Items Forsale
Sandridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2014, 06:52 AM #2
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
They're excellent. Shoot it for a while then decide if it needs any changes. Beware, the HPR is very sensitive. Start with the IVG about a turn in and the reg fairly low and slowly increase 1/8 turns until at velocity.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:03 AM #3
SpanksIPB

SpanksIPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SpanksIPB owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I put a lighter sear spring into my Resurrection and it lightened the trigger pull a good deal.
SpanksIPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:47 AM #4
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
The trigger is that way intentionally. While it's not the butter-smooth pull of a seriously tuned Cocker of yore, it's a different design intended to eliminate short stroking.

I figure Simon knew what he was doing with the design better than I did, so I've left mine stock. Shoots people pretty good as it came right out of the box.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:08 PM #5
Sandridge
Go Bucks!

I'll probably end up putting a lighter sear spring in it. Going with the advice of multiple other postings about the resurrection, I put a generous portion of lube in the asa and dry fired the crap out of the marker this morning. Read multiple reports of people finding next to no lube in the hpr/lpr.

All in all, the more 'thoughtful' additions are really nice - flat spots on the ram shaft, a hole in pump arm, a hex-head on the end of the 3-way shaft - all very welcome. I do not like the detent design - why make detents a wear item? I would much rather use a CIP/shocktech detent that can be rebuilt. I think eventually I will change the bolt out for a venturi-faced bolt, just personal preference.

*edit*

Above all, it is nice to see a quality cocker in production. It will most likely become my daily beater to play with - something that parts are available for and something not rare. I'll still play with my gothics - I refuse to own a marker and not rock it on the field.

Items Forsale
Old 11-05-2014, 12:27 PM #6
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I think the detents were selected because they're already in the inventory system, and the same as what Planet's using. Ease of obtaining sort of thing.

One thing to kind of keep an eye on with the bolt - there's an o-ring at the head of the bolt that may wiggle loose. Mine did that when I loaned it out to a bachelor party group (we were short two guns, so one guy went out with my Resurrection, one with my Axe, both with gravity hoppers, until we could cycle some rental guns for them... weird day), and caused feeding problems. I took the o-ring off and ran it that way without problems. I've heard of a couple other people having problems with that o-ring as well.

The Resurrection really is a gun "by a player, for players". A lot of thought went into making them great shooters without having to be tweaked, but still having the ability to tweak them to one's preferences.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:59 PM #7
imped4now
BTFU

Speaking of that oring, just throw one that's a little smaller on the bolt if that's a problem. Honestly, don't waste your money on a bolt. You'll see zero real world differences. The Res is ready to go out of the box and, as mentioned, is extremely well thought out with a bunch of small "why didn't I think of that" details.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
Old 11-05-2014, 06:38 PM #8
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
 is playing at Living Legends XI
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I don't own a Resurrection, but I did shoot one for a few games. Is there a way to smooth out the cycle? Not the trigger pull, but to get it to where it doesn't feel like the bolt sled isn't going to fly off the back? Seems like the LPR was too high or maybe that's as low as it goes? It was more "cha-chunk" than smooth. Probably just me.

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:54 PM #9
imped4now
BTFU

It should be very smooth regardless of where the LPR is set. The LPR has full adjustment all the way down to zero psi.

Lurker27:
Old 11-05-2014, 11:41 PM #10
Dk-79
SCHWING!

Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
A high set LPR will lend to hard recoild. More ca-chunk than fa-poom... if that's a thing.

It does take a slight moment to figure out what each and everything does on an autococker, and an LPR might be common on a lot of markers, but it's a unique function on an autococker.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:13 AM #11
imped4now
BTFU

I don't know if I would consider it unique.....it does exactly what it does on everything else--controls the cycling pressure. It also has no bearing on velocity as long as it's high enough to reliably cycle the bolt and set the hammer. I've got mine set fairly high (probably still only around 80 psi) and my Res is very smooth--it's hard to make an autococker-based marker not smooth just due to the way it works.

Lurker27:
Old 11-06-2014, 10:06 PM #12
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
One thing to kind of keep an eye on with the bolt - there's an o-ring at the head of the bolt that may wiggle loose. Mine did that when I loaned it out to a bachelor party group (we were short two guns, so one guy went out with my Resurrection, one with my Axe, both with gravity hoppers, until we could cycle some rental guns for them... weird day), and caused feeding problems. I took the o-ring off and ran it that way without problems. I've heard of a couple other people having problems with that o-ring as well.
Happened to me on a 24 hr game in Sept, felt like the gun was short stroking, but turns out the oring had swelled and was catching on the inner feed neck. I thought my rotor jammed at first, then as I pulled it off, I looked down the feedneck only to see that damn oring catching. Tried to pull it out but ended up getting shot in the back of the head in my efforts. Once pulled, it shot fine and I was able to continue playing. I like how quiet mine is and the accuracy with ther stock barrel is second to none. Hopefully Simon will be releasing a FLE body so I can half-block it later down the road.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:34 PM #13
tigwldr

tigwldr is a Supporting Member
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
The FLE body is out now. I will be getting one. The look so good on a resurrection.

I love my Res. it's all I have shot for the last 7-8 months.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:36 PM #14
SilentBall55

SilentBall55 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
I like the single pivot trigger much better on my Sniper than my Resurrection. Kinda wish Empire designed the Resurrection with a single pivot trigger.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:05 PM #15
imped4now
BTFU

Noooo, I love the slide on the Res. It's one of the better and more unique sliders I've ever experienced.

But then again, I will never enjoy shooting a cocker unless it's equipped with a slide trigger. Never have, never will.

Lurker27:
Old 11-17-2014, 11:32 AM #16
Sandridge
Go Bucks!

I love a good slider setup. The only hinges I shoot by choice on a couple markers are the dye single swing and I kept the '02 sonic cocker with it's stock hinge frame. I can't bring myself to change the setup on the sonic because it is bone stock... Something to be said for a vintage cocker in OEM form. Not my favorite frame, but it is stock.

Items Forsale