Old 04-25-2010, 02:52 PM #1
kcnyc

kcnyc supports Cereal Killerz 2
kcnyc donated to help Peyton Trent
kcnyc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
kcnyc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kcnyc supports Team VICIOUS
NDZ Luxe Bolt + Adjustable bolt guide + Spring System Review

Seems some of us have the NDZ bolt system. But there seems to be very little in depth pics and info on how the adjustable bolt guide works. Well I got mine yesterday and I just want to put up some close up pics of the components and well as to write up a review for you guys next week when I get to play with it.

Pics for now:

The NDZ Bolt system.

Bolt

Bolt - showing angled air ports.

Bolt Guide

Bolt Guide - showing threading all the way in.

Adjustable Internal Volume thingy - holes and notches allow venting.

Adjustable Internal Volume Adjustability

Review to come after next week. Got to go out and play with it.
kcnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2010, 02:53 PM #2
kcnyc

Parked for the Review.....
Old 04-25-2010, 02:54 PM #3
JxTPB
duPont Registry

has been a member for 10 years

Cant wait.
JxTPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:55 PM #4
Evac.
Wolfpack

Evac. is a Paintball photographer
Evac. plays in the PSP
Do it, im very curious to see how this system works
Evac. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:41 PM #5
georgiathrill18

really wanna know how this goes
Old 04-25-2010, 03:46 PM #6
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
you"ll get much better dwell and fsdo results usuing pooty's spring instead of the ndz spring...the ndz spring is very light, it would be more appropriately used for keeping near stock settings but lowering the fsdo a tad....i had bolt stick with there spring until i reached near stock settings...but with pooty's spring on that same guide/bolt combo im running the dwell at 9-10ms and 0 fsdo setting

just a thought
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:18 PM #7
kcnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
you"ll get much better dwell and fsdo results usuing pooty's spring instead of the ndz spring...the ndz spring is very light, it would be more appropriately used for keeping near stock settings but lowering the fsdo a tad....i had bolt stick with there spring until i reached near stock settings...but with pooty's spring on that same guide/bolt combo im running the dwell at 9-10ms and 0 fsdo setting

just a thought
Noted. I have Pooty's spring too. Will try both.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 PM #8
wrinkles88
junkeez

wrinkles88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i have the bolt, spring, and the ndz can. Im running the dwell at 10ms and the fsdo at 0. works great for me. And im running a ef rod in my gun to.
Gloss Black Nt
wrinkles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:05 PM #9
sight.shooter

sight.shooter owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
sight.shooter supports DLX Technology
I have the ndz spring bolt and I have my gun the dwel in 8ms and fsdo 0... He shoot amazing... I put new orings when I took the bolt almost 2 weeks ago, without the brakeing of the orings the luxe its shooting like 2 pods and the hopper with 1000psi in a 45/4500...

I also recommend that when you go to ride to change the white bolt orings guide for a blacks ones to have less friction and best results .
sight.shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 PM #10
noonagon

noonagon is a founding member
noonagon has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
noonagon supports DLX Technology
noonagon supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by sight.shooter View Post
dwel in 8ms and fsdo 0...
Mine shoots unicorns and has mask seeking paintballs and i shot 2 guys with one ball, it was so agg. i only have dwell 1 and it shoots boobies everywhere
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 PM #11
Crazy Train
Child Please

Crazy Train is a founding member
Crazy Train owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Crazy Train owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Crazy Train supports DLX Technology
I just received my bolt guide, springs, bolts, and firing can back from NDZ and everything slides 100 times smoother now! Can't wait to tune the gun.
Bob Long Marq Ripper VCOM
Tarantula Milled 2K3 AKA Excalibur
Ripper Angel LCD
Freeflow Clutch & Caliber, Spanky Fishbone, ID Ripper
My Old Feedback
Crazy Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM #12
digital sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Train View Post
I just received my bolt guide, springs, bolts, and firing can back from NDZ and everything slides 100 times smoother now! Can't wait to tune the gun.
told ya
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 AM #13
p3ngu!n
oh looky, a penguin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Train View Post
be sure to post numbers. i am interested in seeing how much better the luxe shoots with these parts.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM #14
Madd Lock
BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

Madd Lock is a Professional paintball player
Madd Lock plays in the PSP
Madd Lock supports DLX Technology
I'm interested to see what results you get with yours. I ordered a firing can, spring bolt and adjustable guide from ndz. Lowered dwell to 12 and fsdo to 0. Initial gas up...it just went pft pft pft. Took the guide out and screwed the adjustment pin half way and raised my dwell to 13. It cycled but had fsdo. I waited till the weekend, so I could get over the chrono. Chrono was bouncing around pretty bad...300+. Lowered dwell to 12, raised fsdo to 2 and turned down chrono thru the reg.

First game my eye plate popped off and continued to pop off the next couple games, so I used a rubber band to hold em in.
OLD FEEDBACK 55+ 0-

NEW FEEDBACK 59+ 0-
Madd Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:50 PM #15
Crazy Train
Child Please

Crazy Train is a founding member
Crazy Train owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Crazy Train owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Crazy Train supports DLX Technology
If you guys are having issues, don't hesitate to contact NDZ. They hooked me up and made things right.

My optimal dwell is 12, but I couldn't completely eliminate bolt stick. Raised fsdo to 2 and it seems to have helped. It's been said before, every gun's different. I'm sure that I could lower the fsdo back to 0 if I spent more time with orings, but these are my setting with the parts received directly from NDZ. Finer tuning will only make things smoother. More to come, but I'll be busy breaking in my new NT for a while.
Bob Long Marq Ripper VCOM
Tarantula Milled 2K3 AKA Excalibur
Ripper Angel LCD
Freeflow Clutch & Caliber, Spanky Fishbone, ID Ripper
My Old Feedback
Crazy Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:58 PM #16
nightkast939

plays in the NXL
nightkast939 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
nightkast939 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd Lock View Post
I'm interested to see what results you get with yours. I ordered a firing can, spring bolt and adjustable guide from ndz. Lowered dwell to 12 and fsdo to 0. Initial gas up...it just went pft pft pft. Took the guide out and screwed the adjustment pin half way and raised my dwell to 13. It cycled but had fsdo. I waited till the weekend, so I could get over the chrono. Chrono was bouncing around pretty bad...300+. Lowered dwell to 12, raised fsdo to 2 and turned down chrono thru the reg.

First game my eye plate popped off and continued to pop off the next couple games, so I used a rubber band to hold em in.
change your sft oring. The ndz bolt may be every so slightly smaller and be causing problems.

I'm waiting for my bolt guide to get back from ndz. They sent me one with the oring groove not being deep enough so the oring would blow off all the time with the ndz bolt. Hopefully they'll have it back soon. If it's back before Sunday I'll try out the guide, can, and bolt all together and see what results I have at a msxl.
nightkast939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:19 PM #17
The Others (Banned)

The Others supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Others donated to help Peyton Trent
The Others supports Bob Gurnsey
The Others supports our troops
I just ordered the ndz stringer bolt spring, ndz spring modded bolt, ndz can, and ndz adjustable bolt guide for my RL Luxe will see how it works
The Others is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:41 PM #18
akbrewcrew

So I'm a little confused. If the bolt guide is supposed to remove the large air chamber how is it possible when it's hollow with a whole in the tip? Wouldn't the air still fill that area?
akbrewcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 PM #19
EOSRyanEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbrewcrew View Post
So I'm a little confused. If the bolt guide is supposed to remove the large air chamber how is it possible when it's hollow with a whole in the tip? Wouldn't the air still fill that area?
but how much space does that insert fill up?
EOSRyanEOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 PM #20
akbrewcrew

The insert is about half the size of the bolt guide if not a little smaller. But like I said it is hollow with a small hole in the tip so I can see it filling in about the size of the insert I just don't understand how screwing in the insert further will make any difference like they say it will with it being hollow
akbrewcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:35 PM #21
digital sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbrewcrew View Post
The insert is about half the size of the bolt guide if not a little smaller. But like I said it is hollow with a small hole in the tip so I can see it filling in about the size of the insert I just don't understand how screwing in the insert further will make any difference like they say it will with it being hollow
ndz bolt guide has a larger volume "space" inside of it compared to the stock piece, without using the insert you will gain chrono/fps readings without adjusting anything, thus you will need to actually reduce your regulators pressure to reach your desirable chrono/fps limit. Rule of thumb is lowering the operating pressure =quieter shots and less kick. Most users see a difference between 30-60fps simply by installing this upgrade. Thats quite a large chrono difference and means you"ll be able to reduce your operating pressure quite a bit.

If you use the insert the that it comes with you will need to actually raise your operating pressure, how much you need to raise it will depend on how far you screw it into the guide because your taking away space, but in return you"ll gain some efficiency...how-ever if you turn it in too far you"ll need to run your reg at too high of an operating pressure and this can cause the noid to vent/leak. If your trying to get the best efficiency possible what i would do is air up the marker, and increase the regulators presssure slowly until you can hear your solenoid vent air softly. Then reduce the regulators pressure by 1/4 or a little more than that so it stops venting and you"ve got a little bit of breathing room. Then remove the bolt guide and screw in the insert a few full turns at a time, re-chrono the marker and keep doing this until you get to your desired chrono/fps limit.

For Example: You chrono the marker with the insert installed but not threaded in much and your shooting at 330fps, obviously much too hot/fast. Remove the firing assembly and screw the insert further into the bolt guide and re-chrono, you"ll notice the further in the insert goes the lower your fps/chrono limit will become, meanwhile your not over-pressurizing the noid because it is "NOT" venting air. Keep doing that until you get to where you want to be for example "285fps". You can always lower your reg pressure more if need be but doubt it will be necessary with that insert even close threaded all the way in.

Personally i like using there chamber without the insert, my efficiency is still more than enough to shoot what i can carry and i love how quiet and smooth it shoots with a low operating pressure, and my consistency also has never been better. But its all personal preference, i had issues with noticible increased kick while using an insert or rf rod, to me it wasnt worth the efficiency gain. How-ever each marker is different and im probably more paranoid than most about having the smoothest shot and tightest groupings on the field.

Last edited by digital sol : 04-29-2010 at 04:42 PM.