Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM #1
Jdwnsdm

Alien invasion 12 vs. empire axe

I'm looking into trying a poppet, I just want to say that I can buy a brand new invasion with virtue board for $499 which seems like a deal. The axe I've heard great things about, but I'm tired of shooting my old dm8.
Jdwnsdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM #2
usmc2017

great poppet is a etek 4 i would not get an alien product but the axe is a great gun to i have a etek 4 and i love it the only bad thing is that they are a bit loud
usmc2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM #3
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

has been a member for 10 years
Holy run on sentence batman! The alien seems feature packed and Jack seems to take care of the community. Axes shoot great and have empire to back them up. IMO, 2 solid options.

blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 PM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Get a used axed pro
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 PM #5
lross
VAMPED

lross owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
lross owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
New Invasion or used Independence for about the same price. Empire Axe is HEAVY and unbalanced. Gave it up. Alien's are smooth, require very littel maintenace and support from Jack Rice is top notch.
lross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:22 PM #6
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Both are great choices. I feel that the Alien is a better built marker. Only downside to Alien is that they are not in many, if any shops, so getting parts and techwork done fast will be difficult. Jack does take care of his customers though. Would suggest trying to shoot both and use both in a game before you decide.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 AM #7
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
I would get the axe without question, as of yet alien has no mainstream presence and thus parts and service will be harder to get a hold pf.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-

SBDB009 Reddit Jealous Lion
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 PM #8
FriendlyNudist

I know its a small point, but it bothers me that the Invasion has an on/off ASA but the manual recommends against using it. If the ASA doesn't work as designed then eat the cost and make a better one. Guns half the Invasion's retail price offer a working on/off ASA. I don't see why a gun that is argued to be competitive with high ends hasn't refined this feature.
FriendlyNudist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:37 PM #9
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Get a used axed pro
No such gun exists other then ANS gear. BTW, those anno'd ANS guns do void the rock solid Empire warranty so buy at your own risk.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:11 AM #10
blackevoIX

blackevoIX has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyNudist View Post
I know its a small point, but it bothers me that the Invasion has an on/off ASA but the manual recommends against using it.
The invasion doesn't have an on/off. The LPR was designed to be the on/off but it was too hard to turn when the gun was aired up or something, so they did away with it.

OP, i own an invasion and just traded my axe for an etek 3. Out of the three, i enjoy shooting the alien the most but i do find myself missing my axe at times. You can't go wrong with either of one, but like everyone is going to say try to shoot them before deciding.
blackevoIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 AM #11
FriendlyNudist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackevoIX View Post
The invasion doesn't have an on/off. The LPR was designed to be the on/off but it was too hard to turn when the gun was aired up or something, so they did away with it.
How interesting. So the latest invasions do not have a LPR cap?
FriendlyNudist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:59 AM #12
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc2017 View Post
great poppet is a etek 4 i would not get an alien product but the axe is a great gun to i have a etek 4 and i love it the only bad thing is that they are a bit loud
wow.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:39 PM #13
dumdum597

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc2017 View Post
i agree, for the price get an etek 4 they are very reliable and unlike the other 2 it will not have virtually any issues shooting ever. it is one of the easiest guns to clean out, just pull the bolt out by hand and run a squeegee through.
dumdum597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 PM #14
BurningPlaydoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum597 View Post
i agree, for the price get an etek 4 they are very reliable and unlike the other 2 it will not have virtually any issues shooting ever. it is one of the easiest guns to clean out, just pull the bolt out by hand and run a squeegee through.
But how much are you willing to sacrifice for not having to do maintenance? Treat your marker right and itll return the favor.

Damn I sound like a broken record.

Also how is the Etek easier to clean chops with than any other stacked tube marker?

Last edited by BurningPlaydoh : 02-13-2013 at 06:37 PM.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 PM #15
dumdum597

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
But how much are you willing to sacrifice for not having to do maintenance? Treat your marker right and itll return the favor.

Damn I sound like a broken record.

Also how is the Etek easier to clean chops with than any other stacked tube marker?
the main this is how alot of other markers (in my experiences) have all had paint in little spots the are virtually impossible to get to cleaning the etek has no issues and i have not shot anything in its price range that shoots better
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 PM #16
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
It's not any easier or harder then anything else on the market. I had an Etek3 and it's just as much a pita as any other gun, including my Axe esp around the eyes. But, at least with the Axe, servicing the entire drivetrain is 10x easier on it vs the Etek. Etek, pull a pin, the bolt comes out, Axe, push a button and the entire drivetrain comes out, so much easier.

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 02-13-2013 at 09:58 PM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM #17
BurningPlaydoh

Quote:
the main this is how alot of other markers (in my experiences) have all had paint in little spots the are virtually impossible to get to cleaning the etek has no issues and i have not shot anything in its price range that shoots better
Hahaha whatever you say buddy.

OP if you ever did want an Etek you could probably pick up a used Etek 3 with a zick 2 kit which effectively makes it an Etek 4.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 PM #18
dumdum597

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
It's not any easier or harder then anything else on the market. I had an Etek3 and it's just as much a pita as any other gun, including my Axe esp around the eyes. But, at least with the Axe, servicing the entire drivetrain is 10x easier on it vs the Etek. Etek, pull a pin, the bolt comes out, Axe, push a button and the entire drivetrain comes out, so much easier.
but the unreliability of the axe is enough of a reason not to get one. Tell me the last time you have heard a etek have a technical problem. because i have never had one and i have never heard of one. Im not saying the axe does it alot just more then the etek.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 AM #19
BurningPlaydoh

Quote:
but the unreliability of the axe is enough of a reason not to get one. Tell me the last time you have heard a etek have a technical problem. because i have never had one and i have never heard of one. Im not saying the axe does it alot just more then the etek.
I've NEVER seen an Axe go down and they're the most common electro at my field follwed by Eteks/Egos which have never had problems either. To say that you shouldn't buy an Axe because its "unreliable" would mean that every single spool valve marker would not he worth buying too.

Id rather take the time before/after a day lf play to maintain my marker and I will know its going to work. Plus, trying diving into the dirt in snake with a marker that has an exposed bolt, they're not for everyone.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 PM #20
dumdum597

Quote:
I've NEVER seen an Axe go down and they're the most common electro at my field follwed by Eteks/Egos which have never had problems either. To say that you shouldn't buy an Axe because its "unreliable" would mean that every single spool valve marker would not he worth buying too.

Id rather take the time before/after a day lf play to maintain my marker and I will know its going to work. Plus, trying diving into the dirt in snake with a marker that has an exposed bolt, they're not for everyone.
the only problems have have seen with the axe are small tuning issues from people who played with it and did not take care of it so if it is well taken care