Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 AM #1
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

jacapbinc plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
MWXL Event #3 Feedback Thread!

Let me have it! All feedback is welcomed to insure things we did do right get even better and the things we didn't get addressed

LET"S GO!!!
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 AM #2
ybekool

ybekool plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
ybekool owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ybekool supports Team VICIOUS
ybekool plays in the APPA D4 division
Great event! Reffing was pretty spot on and everything ran smoothly.

Vicious Bunnys Approved
ybekool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM #3
SkInNyB
B GATES

has been a member for 10 years
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
SkInNyB is an NCPA player
Great event! I honestly can't complain about the Reffing at all. The pits were slightly sketchy but they did the job just fine. Everything went smooth, just an all around great time.

In loving memory of Dan Voils
SkInNyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 AM #4
SErwin
thirteen23

SErwin plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Reffing on the Eclipse field was pretty good. Reffing on the PSP field was superb.

Pits were nice. Could have secured the side nets to the roof better, but it made do.

Only big complaint was the time. Another long event. Ran smoother and better than the second one but it'd be nice to find a way that we aren't leaving at 7pm.

Thanks to Jansen, Bruno, Aftershock, PSP refs, Badlandz, etc.

Another great event. Looking forward to Event 4.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 AM #5
AfterShocK

AfterShocK is a founding member
AfterShocK is a Professional paintball player
AfterShocK is an Ultimate field/store owner
AfterShocK works for a Paintball manufacturer
AfterShocK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just so you all know , we had a carpenter working on the MWXL and the big game more than a month prior to this past weekend, but well before he was able to finish he became ill and missed the past two weeks. We waited for him to get better to finish things, but he was`nt able to return. So this past Monday we brought in a new guy to take over and what you saw was the result of 5 days of very intense work to complete the MWXL as well as two new Forts out in the woods for the big game. Not your problem but just letting you know that the pits will be permanently built in with wrap around tables and more netting to facilitate your unobstructed access along with other field modifications that will improve the MWXL for years to come.
Thanks for coming out
Badlandz Paintball Field

Like Badlandz on Facebook
BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Planet Eclipse, GI sportz, Vforce
AfterShocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:56 AM #6
srt4_paintballa
Dufour

srt4_paintballa plays in the PSP
srt4_paintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
srt4_paintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
srt4_paintballa is All In
The event ran very smooth! But i would say bring some extra porta johns in especially where we were playing!!! The ones there were filthy!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:01 PM #7
LittleH8kid

plays in the NXL
LittleH8kid supports Pev's Paintball
LittleH8kid plays in the APPA D1 division
The prelims took a long time in between sets what got annoying. The fields weren't the same at all. Ik it's hard to get one field right let alone getting 2fields to be the same but there were obvious differents that changed the fields. We played on field2 all day the went to field1 and our game plans had to change bc of it. Would of also been nice to see a the scores posted somewhere on a board.

That being said I thought everyone of the reffs did a an acceptable job and I have no complaints about them.
LittleH8kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 PM #8
MyJTRox

MyJTRox is a Supporting Member
MyJTRox plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MyJTRox is an NCPA National Champion
Reffing was solid on both fields. We could've maybe used a toilet closer to the fields, but it was nice to have wood cover this event, so people could water the plants if they didn't want to go to the main building area.

I hope the field improvements to come include an alley up the middle, between the fields, so we don't have to go all the way around to get to the pits, and can get there without needing a mask, but this was just a minor inconvenience.

It would be cool to see some sort of timer/scoreboard technology. It looks like there were only 2 games that went to full time in all of prelims, but for the longer matches in the playoffs, it would be nice to have a firm grasp on time left, for strategy purposes.

Overall a great event, and we had awesome weather. Couldn't ask for much more.
APPA
MyJTRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:22 PM #9
AfterShocK

AfterShocK is a founding member
AfterShocK is a Professional paintball player
AfterShocK is an Ultimate field/store owner
AfterShocK works for a Paintball manufacturer
AfterShocK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Oh yeah, toilets...........sorry our bad......we ordered them to late, our service provider had all their staff and all remaining inventory covering a major cancer walk and was unable to help us out. So your inconvenience went to a great cause or we just screwed up , you pick how to look at it ?
Badlandz Paintball Field

Like Badlandz on Facebook
BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Planet Eclipse, GI sportz, Vforce
AfterShocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:26 PM #10
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJTRox View Post
I hope the field improvements to come include an alley up the middle, between the fields, so we don't have to go all the way around to get to the pits, and can get there without needing a mask, but this was just a minor inconvenience.

It would be cool to see some sort of timer/scoreboard technology. It looks like there were only 2 games that went to full time in all of prelims, but for the longer matches in the playoffs, it would be nice to have a firm grasp on time left, for strategy purposes.

Overall a great event, and we had awesome weather. Couldn't ask for much more.
Yea, that alley was to go up but, due to being short staffed we simply just ran out of time. We'll have it up for the next Badlandz event
Old 06-04-2012, 01:36 PM #11
jtisdale23

jtisdale23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jtisdale23 plays in the APPA D5 division
Great event all around. cant wait for the next event at badlandz to see the improvements. Great work to all involved in the mwxl.
jtisdale23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:26 PM #12
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D3 division
Ion103 is All In
Not having the netting go all the way down the field (the white field) was kind of annoying. Sucked for that teams coach that was on that side of the field because they couldnt go all the way down to the end line.

Id say have a designated coach for both fields to make it even. It was hard going from having just 1 coach all day right there at the sidelines to having a huge 20ft gap between the netting and the out of bounds on the white field.

Toilets by the fields would of been hella nice but that has already been discussed.

As mytjrox said, having a netted hall way between the two fields where we can have our masks off, and an entrance between the two fields so we dont have to walk all the way around the netting and walk through lanes to get to the pits.

Id like to get done before 630pm. To help make time more efficient I would recommend trying to Millennium style raceto2. Where you have 2 matches going on at once. While team A and B are doing their break period to reload and get air, team C and D play their point, and so one until both matches are complete. Then 4 more teams come on the field and 2 go to each pit. This way you eliminate the 2 minute break period, which probably added 2-3 hours to the total time.

Oh and an air horn for game start would of been nice, and saved Pigpens voice from having to yell GO all day long.\

Overall it was a great event. Glad we played. Oh and Jansen get a loud speaker so everyone can hear you. People by the compressor cant hear you when you yell, which ik is hard to believe is true.
Edge Paintball Field Janesville WI - KEE/EMPIRE

Last edited by Ion103 : 06-04-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:00 PM #13
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
Id like to get done before 630pm. To help make time more efficient I would recommend trying to Millennium style raceto2. Where you have 2 matches going on at once. While team A and B are doing their break period to reload and get air, team C and D play their point, and so one until both matches are complete. Then 4 more teams come on the field and 2 go to each pit. This way you eliminate the 2 minute break period, which probably added 2-3 hours to the total time.
I think someone else brought this up to me at the event... I would like to explore more. Everyone post up your thoughts on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
Oh and an air horn for game start would of been nice, and saved Pigpens voice from having to yell GO all day long.\

Overall it was a great event. Glad we played. Oh and Jansen get a loud speaker so everyone can hear you. People by the compressor cant hear you when you yell, which ik is hard to believe is true.
FYI, Pig had a couple of horn options but opt not to use them

Last edited by jacapbinc : 06-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:23 PM #14
sl1980able

Well the MWXL #3 Event ran great. Big improvements since last event even. Bruno's layout was really cool, a real challenge on the snake side. D side was the strong side again. The bullhorns where a huge improvement. It was good to hear a real starting horn. The count downs from the refs where all very consistent. The Aftershock refs where great fair all day long. Field two ran smooth. I would say for the Fox River event and the last Badlandz event things to improve on would be.
- Make sure air fills are consistent
-Ample netting for spectators safety and players too
-More checking of chrono limits( a virtue clock or other handheld)
- Fresh Batteries and calibrated chronos
-Fields groomed and marked more defined

I think that this series is awesome ,crazy competitive, Good fields, and has real potential to make a good name for itself. The payouts are nice, the entry is fair, and the freedom of BYOP is cool. I think teams will be inclined to stay with this series.
Like I said before if the series does it right and invests some money for traveling equipment. They could have things like a large enough Easy Up tent for the Pit boxes X4(if a field isn't setup for this or require it for where you choose to host the events) and a registration tent of sort for event staff.Some extra netting, good folding tables, maybe 2 portable count down clocks, two sets of the same bunkers, Maybe an area for the refs to break in between matches for some shade and drinks handy.

BB and to all the Refs great job again and try to get BB an assistant to help him out with registration and scoring,everyone should pat this dude on the back for going the extra mile to make this stuff happen and trying to keep the events running as best as possible.

Thanks Again, Shawn
sl1980able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM #15
MyJTRox

MyJTRox is a Supporting Member
MyJTRox plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MyJTRox is an NCPA National Champion
for the Millennium style turnaround. It would even likely give the teams more than 2 minutes between points, but would be more efficient with the amount of time the field is being used.
APPA
MyJTRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM #16
tvrsir
Khanh

tvrsir plays in the PSP
tvrsir owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvrsir plays in the APPA D2 division
I am really liking the improvements and the efforts BB and rennick and the aftershock crew are making. Every event have gotten better and better.

I agree black needs an assistant....

A walk in area between fields as mention. ( this wont be a problem at fox if the have it the same as before.

And the millenium series schedule would be a plus. But I don't know if it will help in time wise. I know Nppl uses that style too.

I think the division four teams have shown the biggest support and improvements. Fun to watch them play.

I can't say enough about the d3 division at this event. It was intense......all the teams could and can win the event. I think we had 6 teams going 2-2 outta 8....that is some competition. It's been a while since I played a local event worth playing. Plus having the prizes the way it was keep us interested.

I had a few parents complain about not being able to see their kids play on field two because of the lack of netting on the snake side. But that I know that can be fix.

Otherwise thee wiseguys will be playing the next event...I don't want any confusion of us being scared or afraid to play.......lol

Last edited by tvrsir : 06-04-2012 at 05:36 PM.
tvrsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:42 PM #17
Ramprat1972
CO-OWNER FIELD OF DREAMS

Did We Win?????
Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 PM #18
ballslaphappy
Boiler Up!

plays in the NXL
ballslaphappy is an NCPA player
Can we get a second blow horn and leaf blower for field 1 next time? lol
ballslaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 PM #19
pb123456789
DewDrop

plays in the NXL
pb123456789 plays in the APPA D3 division
My only complaint is....clean the bunkers. Thanks.
pb123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:32 PM #20
ninjaballerassasin
Louie M.

ninjaballerassasin plays in the PSP
ninjaballerassasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ninjaballerassasin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballslaphappy View Post
Can we get a second blow horn and leaf blower for field 1 next time? lol
I saw refs topping off bunkers all day on field 1. And BB said the head ref would rather use his voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb123456789 View Post
My only complaint is....clean the bunkers. Thanks.
x2
ninjaballerassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 AM #21
lilrahbe83
Mark

coming from someone who played the 2nd event at pg and feeling it was pretty bad. and not playing the 3rd event. it sounds like it went pretty d*** good. it takes a lot to run a tourney. all id like to say is that ur not forking out the kind of money for a tourney like a national event. so give people some slack on whats being done. everything will not be perfect. strides will be made but dont nit pick the lil things :-)
lilrahbe83 is offline   Reply With Quote