has been a member for 10 years
anyone still selling frames?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2011, 04:37 PM #1073
timmah333
PORPOISE HORK!!!

Does anyone need or want black out eye cover screws? If you have the same eye covers I do I have lots of extras. (I had to order a pack of 100...)

You pay for shipping and I'll send you a set.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:02 PM #1074
THE Hulk
AKA Fan

I appreciate the generous offer and would like a set please. I am pm'ing you. This is a reason why I shoot AKA guns. Besides they rock and DC and AKA but also the other AKA'ers.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 10-12-2011, 09:08 AM #1075
thermodynamics

thermodynamics has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thermodynamics has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thermodynamics has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Does DC and Logic still sell bodies? I looked over their websites, but didnt see an option to. Is it one of those things that you have to ask for?

I would want to have a go at making one, but the only thing im worried about are those long air ways on the sides. It would be easy to start the hole in the center, but very easy to get off somewhere along the way if your rig isnt very rigid.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:28 AM #1076
fsrxc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermodynamics View Post
Does DC and Logic still sell bodies? I looked over their websites, but didnt see an option to. Is it one of those things that you have to ask for?

I would want to have a go at making one, but the only thing im worried about are those long air ways on the sides. It would be easy to start the hole in the center, but very easy to get off somewhere along the way if your rig isnt very rigid.
Yes we do sell bodies (DC)....shoot us an email and lets us know what you are looking for...

Monster Paintball- I Bleed GREEN
Old 10-12-2011, 09:47 AM #1077
thermodynamics

Well, I dont think im ready to purchase one just yet, I was just going to look at them a bit and see what has already been done to them, how much they are, etc. Thanks, Ill send you guys an email when Im ready to pick one up.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:39 AM #1078
Shibbykins
bow chika bow wow

Shibbykins donated to help Peyton Trent
Shibbykins has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
all the M blanks have the air holes drilled and tubes threaded ect. a blank extrusion still needs all of that done.

"Originally posted by dr.strangelove: Having Shibby on the case is almost as good as having Bob on it. "
Old 10-17-2011, 05:42 AM #1079
yellowjacket77

Does anyone have any Evil-M parts for sale?

Are the DC bodies finished? Air passageways and that?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:25 AM #1080
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
The DC bodies are finished bodies that could be run without being milled.

As far as parts, MeuroM on PBN makes bolts and vasa adapters that match a sidewinder or SST reg. Acid Customs sells bolts, triggers, eye covers and was making frames. Shibbykins on PBN was doing some stuff but I'm not sure if he is any longer as there hasn't been any recent status updates. As far as milling goes there isn't really anyone that has said they are doing it just yet lately for the public again.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 AM #1081
yellowjacket77

Viking internals? Does AKA still stock those?

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive what you'll need list, anyone got one?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:43 AM #1082
TheePsycho
Sadist

I made a list a long time back. I'll see if I can find it.

AKA sells the internals as well as DC.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:48 AM #1083
yellowjacket77

Cheers mate I appreciate it
Old 10-17-2011, 09:01 AM #1084
TheePsycho
Sadist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket77 View Post
Cheers mate I appreciate it
Not my list as I don't have the time to search through all of my posts this morning here, but I made a quick list.

Evil M body
Frame/Trigger/Grips
Feedneck
VASA
Solenoid
Board
Eyes
Eye Covers
Quad detents
Regulator
Ram/Valve/Cartridge (Stock Ram / Valve or RT Valve)
Bolt / Bolt Pin
Misc Screws
LPR
*You may or may not need these but they are nice to have.
Valve Tool
LPR Tool

I believe that is about it.

It would be easier, cheaper and less time consuming to buy one that is already built. These are already built and still possibly for sale.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3463553

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3658697

Last edited by TheePsycho : 10-17-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 AM #1085
thermodynamics

How much does DC sell the bodies for? Not sure if I have seen a price or not yet.

Those are some nice ones for sale, but $1200 is a pretty steep cash offer for any gun. Any idea if anyone actually buys it for that price? I dont see a lot of buying/selling/trading of the M's going on.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:52 AM #1086
TheePsycho
Sadist

I know of a few that sold. I have a standing offer on mine on MCB, I won't take the money from the guy until the gun is complete and anodized, but I will say he offered me exactly what I wanted. Saying that my gun is at DC and I have no idea when it will be done.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 AM #1087
brock_averill
Ill Factor

brock_averill owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
dc sells the bodies for $55.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:45 AM #1088
Stayhuge

Quote:
How much does DC sell the bodies for? Not sure if I have seen a price or not yet.

Those are some nice ones for sale, but $1200 is a pretty steep cash offer for any gun. Any idea if anyone actually buys it for that price? I dont see a lot of buying/selling/trading of the M's going on.
When you consider what it costs to actually complete one, you can easily spend 1,100-1,200. If it is unannoed, and the parts that were used were cheap, then I agree $1,200 is a little high, but if they went with top notch stuff, and some rarer parts, $1,200 is a great price.

Before I started my project, I would have agreed with you that $1,200 is insanely high, but after you start building it, those numbers add up real quick

Using Theepsycho's list (And I could be a little off on prices):
Evil M body: $55, but then to mill if you can't do it yourself $160-350ish?
Frame/Trigger/Grips: Depends on what you want. You can go wtih the Borg frame for $25, or up to the Eilia which I think were $300? Then you could go somewhere in between, like I did with a Legend frame. Gun ran me $170, and I was able to sell the reg for $45. Got all the electronics with it too, except eyes.
Feedneck: $20-25
VASA: $20 for a borg maybe, $40 for a Moreum I think
Solenoid: $56 I think right from Airsoldier
Board: Depends on the frame. I think the Borg boards are about $50, but the Ego Tadoa may run more like $100.
Eyes: $18
Eye Covers: Hopefully you can get these with your body milling, if not, maybe they will run $30-50
Quad detents: about $10-20
Regulator: Depends, used Sidewinder $60ish, new $75, 2 liter $95
Ram/Valve/Cartridge (Stock Ram / Valve or RT Valve): Ok, this is something that you want to figure out together, like I wish I did. At first I was going with the tornado valve, but then changed my mind to the RT. If I would have bought it all together from DC, I think I would have saved money. Anyways, Cartridge:$100 I think from AKA, RT valve: $130 from DC, or you can pick a Tornado up used for about $40.
Bolt / Bolt Pin: $50-65
Misc Screws: Budget $10
LPR: You can convert a Borg one which will prob run about $50ish, or buy the one that DC sells for $95 I think

Then Ano: Can run from $150 - 300 based on what you want done.

This will be a custom marker, and a high dollar one. If you choose to go with the cheaper parts, you can probably save close to $500 or so. But you will still be in for close to $1,000 twist and turn, maybe 900. There is such a large range in price. If you are looking to buy one that is complete, keep all these parts in mind, as some items you cannot change once the marker is complete and ano'ed.

Also, I think Atach picked up that almost complete one with the Black and red spotted anno, as referenced above.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 PM #1089
thermodynamics

Gotcha. I understand that it is a work of art, I was simply curious to see if anyone actually gets the cash offers, or if they are traded out and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayhuge View Post
When you consider what it costs to actually complete one, you can easily spend 1,100-1,200. If it is unannoed, and the parts that were used were cheap, then I agree $1,200 is a little high, but if they went with top notch stuff, and some rarer parts, $1,200 is a great price.

Before I started my project, I would have agreed with you that $1,200 is insanely high, but after you start building it, those numbers add up real quick

Using Theepsycho's list (And I could be a little off on prices):
Evil M body: $55, but then to mill if you can't do it yourself $160-350ish?
Frame/Trigger/Grips: Depends on what you want. You can go wtih the Borg frame for $25, or up to the Eilia which I think were $300? Then you could go somewhere in between, like I did with a Legend frame. Gun ran me $170, and I was able to sell the reg for $45. Got all the electronics with it too, except eyes.
Feedneck: $20-25
VASA: $20 for a borg maybe, $40 for a Moreum I think
Solenoid: $56 I think right from Airsoldier
Board: Depends on the frame. I think the Borg boards are about $50, but the Ego Tadoa may run more like $100.
Eyes: $18
Eye Covers: Hopefully you can get these with your body milling, if not, maybe they will run $30-50
Quad detents: about $10-20
Regulator: Depends, used Sidewinder $60ish, new $75, 2 liter $95
Ram/Valve/Cartridge (Stock Ram / Valve or RT Valve): Ok, this is something that you want to figure out together, like I wish I did. At first I was going with the tornado valve, but then changed my mind to the RT. If I would have bought it all together from DC, I think I would have saved money. Anyways, Cartridge:$100 I think from AKA, RT valve: $130 from DC, or you can pick a Tornado up used for about $40.
Bolt / Bolt Pin: $50-65
Misc Screws: Budget $10
LPR: You can convert a Borg one which will prob run about $50ish, or buy the one that DC sells for $95 I think

Then Ano: Can run from $150 - 300 based on what you want done.

This will be a custom marker, and a high dollar one. If you choose to go with the cheaper parts, you can probably save close to $500 or so. But you will still be in for close to $1,000 twist and turn, maybe 900. There is such a large range in price. If you are looking to buy one that is complete, keep all these parts in mind, as some items you cannot change once the marker is complete and ano'ed.

Also, I think Atach picked up that almost complete one with the Black and red spotted anno, as referenced above.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 PM #1090
Stayhuge

Quote:
Gotcha. I understand that it is a work of art, I was simply curious to see if anyone actually gets the cash offers, or if they are traded out and whatnot.
I think that the few completed ones that went up for sale, sold for close to the asking price, based on the fact that they were sold very shortly after listing. I think if you have one that is complete, and you ask somewhere in that $1,200 price range it will move. I think people would be willing to pay that for one that is complete, meaning ano, and working order.

I had thought that mine was done, then I got it back from ano, and had to send it out to DC for assembly because of a stripped hole. Also, a leak and a few other small issues. Still ran me a bit to get it tuned and fixed. Just when I thought it was done. I know I am more hesitant to buy someone's project that isn't complete or in working order. Sometimes, it is just that the person gave up on it, or life happens and they simply cannot complete it. But other times it can be that they couldn't complete it because there was an expensive road block.

I guess the price is driven by the quality of the marker (Mostly AKA parts), and the rarity (Most, if not all of them are 1 of 1, and very difficult/almost impossible to duplicate).

Just a warning though, unless you can machine parts yourself, be cautious about starting this project if you are under a tight budget. Expect to spend over $1,200, and if you spend less, you'll be happy. lol. In the end, buying one that is complete, will probably save you a bit, but the trade off is it might not be exactly the way you want it.

Good Luck!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:29 PM #1091
thermodynamics

Thanks!

Well...thats kinda my reason for asking a lot of the questions. I am in the process of making the jump to CNC machining, and I might take a crack at a body or frame or something. Not sure if it will work out (my machine isnt a huge, sturdy mill), but might be a fun project to work on. $55 for a body, sans-milling, isnt bad for a fun little milling project at all!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:36 PM #1092
Stayhuge

You should talk to Moreum. He did some crazy work with a manual mill. Might be able to give you some pointers. Good luck and post some pics of you progress once you get there!
Closed Thread