Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Would you want to have an indoor paintball field in Baton Rouge, La?
Yes 34 94.44%
No 2 5.56%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM #22
DAVE_M
Awaiting Email Confirmation

DAVE_M posts videos on PbNation
DAVE_M plays in the APPA D5 division
DAVE_M is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkinvog View Post
I do not know what the name of it was, but that's what I heard from multiple people...
We must be thinking of two different fields then. I googled where Clegg's is and that is not the location where LAdrenaline was. They are both on highway 16, but LAdrenaline was much further North.

Edit - Also, to make it clear, regardless of my confidence in you to succeed at your goal. Yes, I would want an indoor paintball field. I'm am all for it, but I am quite sure of the issues you will face. Good luck in your endeavor
DAVE_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 PM #23
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Dirkinvog has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
We must be thinking of two different fields then. I googled where Clegg's is and that is not the location where LAdrenaline was. They are both on highway 16, but LAdrenaline was much further North.

Edit - Also, to make it clear, regardless of my confidence in you to succeed at your goal. Yes, I would want an indoor paintball field. I'm am all for it, but I am quite sure of the issues you will face. Good luck in your endeavor
Thank you for all your input and I am planning to try.
Dirkinvog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:53 PM #24
ooo itz nasty

goodluck man if you have cheap price's where people can afford to play every weekend that isnt over 75 dollar's a person you should do good and i'd play every weekend
ooo itz nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:00 PM #25
shed337

shed337 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
And normal outdoor fields don't have issues?
They all have their issues but i can tell you with an indoor field the Weather wont be an issue. The weather is one of the biggest factors in an outdoor paintball field. I think Baton Rouge /Denham area has been overdue for a legit paintball field.
My $.02 Even though it will be tough to do, try to keep prices reasonable. Once you get the ball rolling maybe host some tournaments or something to draw ppl from out of town/state.
If you do it right the word will spread and the business will prosper.
Im sure it takes a lot to be a field owner but don't give up.
Looking forward to seeing this in the future
shed337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 AM #26
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by shed337 View Post
They all have their issues but i can tell you with an indoor field the Weather wont be an issue. The weather is one of the biggest factors in an outdoor paintball field. I think Baton Rouge /Denham area has been overdue for a legit paintball field.
My $.02 Even though it will be tough to do, try to keep prices reasonable. Once you get the ball rolling maybe host some tournaments or something to draw ppl from out of town/state.
I second this post.

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM #27
BrHero225
ReFound Drive

has been a member for 10 years
BrHero225 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BrHero225 is Legendary
Quote:
smart kid! ;-) i third this
Old 02-14-2012, 12:16 PM #28
H601

H601 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
H601 plays in the APPA D2 division
The key to any successful field is rec-ballers, parties, and a solid marketing campaign. If you don't spend a little bit of money in the beginning marketing your field and simply rely on word of mouth you'll sink before you leave the dock.
I've talked to a few field owners about a youth paintball league. Similar to that of baseball, football and basketball leagues. To my knowledge it has never been done down here and would probably be a huge success.
H601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:02 PM #29
DAVE_M
Awaiting Email Confirmation

DAVE_M posts videos on PbNation
DAVE_M plays in the APPA D5 division
DAVE_M is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
They all have their issues but i can tell you with an indoor field the Weather wont be an issue.
I am unsure as to what you are getting at. No where did I mention anything about an outdoor field or it's issues. If you could refine your statement, I would be very pleased. From what I believe you mean, you think I am comparing indoor to outdoor. Both have their own issues. Indoor having the greater issues.
DAVE_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:53 PM #30
Pitbull0828

Pitbull0828 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pitbull0828 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm all for an indoor field. Many of times i've sat home wanting to play but the weather was crap. The make or break for me though is price like everyone said. Places charging $40 for 1/2 a case and crappy paint at that.

Shed's post pretty much sums everything up.
Pitbull0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:54 PM #31
BrHero225
ReFound Drive

BrHero225 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BrHero225 is Legendary
And that pretty much hits the nail on the head on how players around here feel/ what the player based issue is right now
^^
If someone can find a way to do it, and do it right, this could be big
Old 02-16-2012, 06:10 PM #32
Camron21
PBC Army

Camron21 plays in the PSP
Camron21 plays in the APPA D5 division
Camron21 supports DLX Technology
do it.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:12 AM #33
travisgreyfox

Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM #34
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this topic?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:46 PM #35
cajunpballer

Would love to know what areas you are looking at as well as what areas people would recommend for such a place?
cajunpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:40 PM #36
spike14

I wouldn't stress on what type of surface to Put down it easy use grass even though it's indoors all u have to do is put a bunch of sky lights in the roof and a few big roll up doors on each side of the building to let sun light in and that should solve two problems what type of playing surface and save on electricity. See that's the problem with types of things people think to much an make things hard on themselves this is a simple solution to two main problems everyone seems to be worried about.
spike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM #37
spike14

By the way I think an indoor field would be great. If y'all Need any more great ideas just ask I'll be glAd to help
spike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 AM #38
DYECOCKERFAN
Heart > Skill

DYECOCKERFAN has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a small outdoor Feild in Walker "150x200" with 35ish bunkers ranging from 6 foot spools to 4x4 plywood 90s that I dont not charge to play as i play myself. We usually pick up a few scubas and play "speedball" type games but limited ammo, usually one hopper. Myself and 25-30 of my freinds "bayou legends paintball" on facebook play back there couple times a month. I created the feild because there was nowhere to play local. My wife hates the idea of this in my back yard as it is not very pretty, and I would as well as all my freinds would love a rec place to play local. The weather has shut us down about as many weekend as we have played so indoor would be amazing. With no shop local since seth went "sign shop" its hard getting gear worked on and the only local place i know of is an outdoor speedball place i havent went to in central. Couple guys that play with us go there and a reball place in covington. Paintball command is the next closet place to my knowledge but it seems there games are geared towards shooting paint. All im saying is there is alot of people who want to play but can't due to costs or avilability. So a good location in baton rouge/Denham springs would be a great idea if you could figure out how to keep cost down and have something closer than gunfighter in covington to get gear you would have our support. keep in mind Rental guns are awsome to get players to try the sport , but if they are playing a skilled team with nice gear they are not going to come back.

Trades always welcome
DYECOCKERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM #39
Dirkinvog
Dirkinvog!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYECOCKERFAN View Post
I have a small outdoor Feild in Walker "150x200" with 35ish bunkers ranging from 6 foot spools to 4x4 plywood 90s that I dont not charge to play as i play myself. We usually pick up a few scubas and play "speedball" type games but limited ammo, usually one hopper. Myself and 25-30 of my freinds "bayou legends paintball" on facebook play back there couple times a month. I created the feild because there was nowhere to play local. My wife hates the idea of this in my back yard as it is not very pretty, and I would as well as all my freinds would love a rec place to play local. The weather has shut us down about as many weekend as we have played so indoor would be amazing. With no shop local since seth went "sign shop" its hard getting gear worked on and the only local place i know of is an outdoor speedball place i havent went to in central. Couple guys that play with us go there and a reball place in covington. Paintball command is the next closet place to my knowledge but it seems there games are geared towards shooting paint. All im saying is there is alot of people who want to play but can't due to costs or avilability. So a good location in baton rouge/Denham springs would be a great idea if you could figure out how to keep cost down and have something closer than gunfighter in covington to get gear you would have our support. keep in mind Rental guns are awsome to get players to try the sport , but if they are playing a skilled team with nice gear they are not going to come back.
Hey! Is this joey? My cousin and I played at your field in Walker last January!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 PM #40
DYECOCKERFAN
Heart > Skill

DYECOCKERFAN has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkinvog View Post
Hey! Is this joey? My cousin and I played at your field in Walker last January!
Yes it is. The feild is twice as big since January. We got alot more stuff now. we are playing tomm if yall are free.

Trades always welcome
DYECOCKERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:44 PM #41
sircurlsalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYECOCKERFAN View Post
Yes it is. The feild is twice as big since January. We got alot more stuff now. we are playing tomm if yall are free.
Where at in Walker?
sircurlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:02 PM #42
ArcticSaints
Not a single F was given

ArcticSaints owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ArcticSaints is for the Gunfight
ArcticSaints posts videos on PbNation
I would come from New Orleans to play for sure