PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2012, 03:49 PM #1
foltz6232

has been a member for 10 years
Internal leak

So I just fixed my gun or thought I did but now when I shoot, as my tank gets lower I can hear a leak coming from inside the grips. I have a feeling it could. Be a blown solenoid, but how would I go about fixing that? I have a virtue board btw, any help is appreciated!!
Thanks,
Dave
foltz6232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2012, 05:56 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
If you can maintain a consistent fps at say 10bps, then it shouldn't be your solenoid. It's most likely that one of your hoses is messed up.

The hoses can be messed up via over pressurizing them or physically damaging them. Also, if the hose is too long, then the hose may be pushed against the barb on the T-Piece, which in turn would offer a much lower resistance to the internal pressure.

I like to make my hosing have a little tension so that when it's all put together, I know that the hosing won't give me any issues that can cause leaks.

Easiest way to check to see if you have a bad/too long of a hose, is unscrew the body and air it up. If there's no leaks, then your hose is most likely too long. If there are leaks, then you have a bad hose.

Also check the oring on the T-Piece of the solenoid. Those are rarely likely to go bad, but they can always have the possibility to get messed up.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:06 PM #3
foltz6232

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks a lot man! I'll do that!
foltz6232 is offline   Reply With Quote