Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2010, 01:44 AM #1
komikaze

has been a member for 10 years
I need info on pro-lite

When were the pro-lites made?

Are they still being manufactured?

If not, when did they stop manufacturing them?

Can they use comp air?

How much are used ones worth??

WTB Paintball stuff; Pod pack, mask, elbow pads, knee pads, slider shorts, Luxe, NT, DP G5, Angel A1 Fly, AR;K, A1 fly'd, Small Bore kit, Critical/Cobra Trigger, Tactical Stock & Apex barrel, PM me!

Last edited by komikaze : 02-28-2010 at 01:51 AM.
komikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2010, 08:05 AM #2
SHAG77
pumpin' aint easy!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by komikaze View Post
When were the pro-lites made?
Early to mid-late 90s I think the first ones were around 92ish and last of the production run was around 97 IIRC. I might be off a year. The Prolite "upgrade" model was the Pro Carbine which matched the parts of the Pro lite and 68 Carbine to create a 45 framed, CVX valved Prolite.

Quote:
Are they still being manufactured?
Nope see answer above.

Quote:
If not, when did they stop manufacturing them?
Model 98s took off. It was a lighter, cheaper, easier to handle gun. Fields started using them for rentals. A field I use to work at brought in 20 model 98s when they first came out. The owner made them a firepower "upgrade" when the staff figured out you could pull the trigger faster easier with a M98 instead of a prolite.

Quote:
Can they use comp air?
I used compressed air on a prolite before. The Prolite can handle liquid Co2 without any real trouble. for winter use.

Quote:
How much are used ones worth??
Depends. A beater field rental 20 bucks? Descent shape. Maybe more like 50 bucks. It's about the market. If you got something pristine in the box never been fired some person may pay more. However I cannot see spending more than 40 or 50 bucks for a pro lite. Hell I can pick one up locally for less than that if I look hard enough.

The Pro Lite is a great gun. Yes it is slow and Heavy. Never was meant to be efficient. However it was dependable. You could kick the crap out of one and it would still shoot. It was considered the AK47 of the Paintball world.
Old PBN Feedback | M.Carter Brown's Feedback | Automags.Org's Feedback | Ebay's Feedback | PayPal Verified
SHAG77 is offline   Reply With Quote