Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM #85
saunders182

has been a member for 10 years
saunders182 supports Team VICIOUS
saunders182 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
It might be too late to join this thread, but here's my take on the situation:

It's time to stop holding this kid's hand.

He's ruining potential future business for your field; and I guarantee that if you drop the "pc filter" you've been using with him and tell him about the facts of life, you'll still be much better off even if he quits playing at your field.

Flat out, he's being a coward, and being a coward is no way to live one's life. I would use those exact terms with him. Then, tell him that you'd like him to keep playing there; it's just that he needs to play with people at his own or higher skill level. It hurts no more to be shot by an "expert" than it does by a noob (lol, but he'll likely get shot A LOT more often playing at his level).

If he takes that advice and moves on, it's a win-win. If he quits, it's still a win for your field.
This. You can beat around the bush. You can try various methods. When it comes down to it he is hurting future paintballers. Future paintballers who might not come back.

Awhile ago I saw a kid doing this. I grabbed my marker and went to play with the walk on group to help them out. He sat out. I talked to the refs who were cool with me and let them know I was going to hop in the game last second to avoid scaring him off. Sure enough it worked and I shot him not once, but about 16 times. Some of the walk one actually cheered. After getting him out I called myself out (I was only looking for him.) now before everyone jumps on the "Oh grow up man you shouldn't have done that." Bandwagon I pulled him aside and asked him how much fun that was. He was angry and said none. I said well then quit doing it to others. You could see the light bulb click. He was still angry but he didn't mess with the walk ons anymore. We aren't friends to this day. We didn't hug but he learned. I think people trying not to hurt this kids feeling should remember if he's playing with a group of 20 how do the other 20 people feel? They paid to have a good time. Should we disregard them and let their feelings slide while making sure we don't hurt his? I wish I lived closer. I would gladly come out and talk directly to the kid.
saunders182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 03:59 PM #86
Elo160
PBS

Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Put a good player on this kid's team and have that player shoot this kid off break.

Or have a experienced player (new to the field) wear casual clothes and walk onto the field with a rental. But hide that experienced players space gun and pod pack on the field. When the game starts, the experienced player retrieves these items and comes down hard on this kid.

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"

Last edited by Elo160 : 01-27-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:11 AM #87
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Don't know what you mean by get a pro player... and I can't change the rule on the 15 body regulation for party. I just enforce the rules. And besides, if this kid sees anyone with decent equipment, he won't play unless they're on his team.
well it seems to me that your problem is solved. Give to a player of the groups a descent equipment, this will get him scared and he wont play with them
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM #88
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day View Post
I think you should play with him and let HIM shoot YOU out. I think it will boost his confidence level if your using a high end gun
Not really. He thinks he is tough **** anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
It might be too late to join this thread, but here's my take on the situation:

It's time to stop holding this kid's hand.

He's ruining potential future business for your field; and I guarantee that if you drop the "pc filter" you've been using with him and tell him about the facts of life, you'll still be much better off even if he quits playing at your field.

Flat out, he's being a coward, and being a coward is no way to live one's life. I would use those exact terms with him. Then, tell him that you'd like him to keep playing there; it's just that he needs to play with people at his own or higher skill level. It hurts no more to be shot by an "expert" than it does by a noob (lol, but he'll likely get shot A LOT more often playing at his level).

If he takes that advice and moves on, it's a win-win. If he quits, it's still a win for your field.
That's probably what I'm going to do. Only reason I've never said that to him is I feel him or his parents/guardians would complain to my management and I'd be in big trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akilliz View Post
why not just call him out not in a dick way but ask why he does that and let him know people know, call him out
Because I'm scared he'll complain to management and I'll be fired lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders182 View Post
This. You can beat around the bush. You can try various methods. When it comes down to it he is hurting future paintballers. Future paintballers who might not come back.

Awhile ago I saw a kid doing this. I grabbed my marker and went to play with the walk on group to help them out. He sat out. I talked to the refs who were cool with me and let them know I was going to hop in the game last second to avoid scaring him off. Sure enough it worked and I shot him not once, but about 16 times. Some of the walk one actually cheered. After getting him out I called myself out (I was only looking for him.) now before everyone jumps on the "Oh grow up man you shouldn't have done that." Bandwagon I pulled him aside and asked him how much fun that was. He was angry and said none. I said well then quit doing it to others. You could see the light bulb click. He was still angry but he didn't mess with the walk ons anymore. We aren't friends to this day. We didn't hug but he learned. I think people trying not to hurt this kids feeling should remember if he's playing with a group of 20 how do the other 20 people feel? They paid to have a good time. Should we disregard them and let their feelings slide while making sure we don't hurt his? I wish I lived closer. I would gladly come out and talk directly to the kid.
Exactly, I feel the same way. Problem is he won't step out on the field against anyone decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo160 View Post
Put a good player on this kid's team and have that player shoot this kid off break.

Or have a experienced player (new to the field) wear casual clothes and walk onto the field with a rental. But hide that experienced players space gun and pod pack on the field. When the game starts, the experienced player retrieves these items and comes down hard on this kid.
Problem is, he knows all the experienced players at the field. Bringing someone from the outside might be a little harder, but I could try it. I like the first idea though lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostis11 View Post
well it seems to me that your problem is solved. Give to a player of the groups a descent equipment, this will get him scared and he wont play with them
Problem is, that may be the only group that day, so he won't be able to play, and he'll probably complain and I'll get in trouble. But we shall see haha hopefully I'm scheduled to ref when he plays next if not gonna make sure i bring my equipment to play against him.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 PM #89
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VIII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
I think you should play with him and let HIM shoot YOU out. I think it will boost his confidence level if your using a high end gun
I tried that with my wife. Didn't work.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:00 PM #90
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post

Lmfao
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM #91
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post

I dont know what u should do man. Ur kinda screwed on this one. Its his fault if he never wants to improve
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:21 PM #92
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Has this situation progressed at all?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 PM #93
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
I dont know what u should do man. Ur kinda screwed on this one. Its his fault if he never wants to improve
I asked him about that once. I said, "You'll never get better unless you play against players better than yourself." His response: "Nah, I'm fine where my skill level is at."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultranoobify View Post
Has this situation progressed at all?
Haven't seen him back at the field yet. Waiting for him to come back and see
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM #94
Elo160
PBS

Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Make sure if you use my first plan that the good player you put on his team only shoots him. And have that player walk out after he shoots him.

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 PM #95
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo160 View Post
Make sure if you use my first plan that the good player you put on his team only shoots him. And have that player walk out after he shoots him.
I plan on it
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 PM #96
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Ninja Paintball
Kbug supports Empire
I know this has been said already, but just tell him to grow a pair and play against some better people. So what if he stops coming to your field to play? He has probably caused a lot of new players stop coming to your field. Or get a good player to rent a bunch of gear and kick the kid's butt.
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 PM #97
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbug View Post
I know this has been said already, but just tell him to grow a pair and play against some better people. So what if he stops coming to your field to play? He has probably caused a lot of new players stop coming to your field. Or get a good player to rent a bunch of gear and kick the kid's butt.
Essentially yea, after everything I've read here, and how long I've put up with him, that's what I'll do. It's just weird because when he started out he was one of the most timid kids out there, and no one went hard on him. He still is scared, but now he prays on the weak (rentals) because he feels safe ripping on his electronic gun.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM #98
Rclone1

Get some experienced players to dress up like rentals haha may not get him to go with other guys but at least it will encourage the real rentals that they have a good chance
Rclone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 PM #99
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclone1 View Post
Get some experienced players to dress up like rentals haha may not get him to go with other guys but at least it will encourage the real rentals that they have a good chance
Problem is he knows all the good players there, so that wouldn't work lol
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 PM #100
saunders182

saunders182 supports Team VICIOUS
saunders182 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post

Problem is he knows all the good players there, so that wouldn't work lol
As much help you can get from the Internet you might just have to approach him and say "Hey man do you like paintball? ( He will most likely agree.) Cause what we are doing is trying to get MORE people to like paintball. Wouldn't that be great? ( Once again i dont see him dis agreeing with this.) Ok so what your doing. Preying on rentals. Only playing against weaker skilled players is hurting that. If you don't stop I will make sure to put well skilled players on the opposite team EVERY SINGLE TIME you go out ( You will have to arrange this.) and you will have a choice. Play. Or sit. And if you sit all day then so be it." BE HONEST WITH THE KID. He will get it man.

Like I said before there may be some regulars waiting to take up the sport in your rental groups. We are dis regarding them in hopes to not hurt this ONE kids feelings.

So you don't think I'm a douche I have multiple times picked up a rental tippmann 98 and with a couple buddies jumped into rental games. We switch it up so our team is split evenly. We get them all hyped up and have a great time. Last game I convinced my entire team to run full charge against the others. I led the way and we all got shot but came off the field laughing so hard some people were straight keeled over. This is the environment we want to breed and keep going. Those guys and girls I payed with had a blast and I maybe shot 30 paintballs. Just running around having fun.
saunders182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:18 AM #101
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders182 View Post
As much help you can get from the Internet you might just have to approach him and say "Hey man do you like paintball? ( He will most likely agree.) Cause what we are doing is trying to get MORE people to like paintball. Wouldn't that be great? ( Once again i dont see him dis agreeing with this.) Ok so what your doing. Preying on rentals. Only playing against weaker skilled players is hurting that. If you don't stop I will make sure to put well skilled players on the opposite team EVERY SINGLE TIME you go out ( You will have to arrange this.) and you will have a choice. Play. Or sit. And if you sit all day then so be it." BE HONEST WITH THE KID. He will get it man.

Like I said before there may be some regulars waiting to take up the sport in your rental groups. We are dis regarding them in hopes to not hurt this ONE kids feelings.

So you don't think I'm a douche I have multiple times picked up a rental tippmann 98 and with a couple buddies jumped into rental games. We switch it up so our team is split evenly. We get them all hyped up and have a great time. Last game I convinced my entire team to run full charge against the others. I led the way and we all got shot but came off the field laughing so hard some people were straight keeled over. This is the environment we want to breed and keep going. Those guys and girls I payed with had a blast and I maybe shot 30 paintballs. Just running around having fun.
Yea basically just kind of have to be harsh with him. Me and the other experienced players know not to go hard against rentals, but this kid can't hold back.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 AM #102
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VIII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
Lmfao
i need the same advice.. but for my wife

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 AM #103
Tryfan

Enough with the advice now, you know what to do. We want to hear what happened next. Story can't end here.
Tryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM #104
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryfan View Post
Enough with the advice now, you know what to do. We want to hear what happened next. Story can't end here.
I know, waiting for him to come back to the field now He came by two weeks ago, but I was at practice with my team, so wasn't there. Therefore, there is a good chance he'll be there this weekend hopefully
Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM #105
krlafont

krlafont owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
krlafont has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I know people have said this, but I do not feel that it is unreasonable to tell this kid that he has to use rental equipment when everyone else is using it.. And that goes for any field! If someone else has their own equip, then he can use his. At the very least, he should be forced to cap his ROF to 5bps or something..
krlafont is offline   Reply With Quote