PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 AM #64
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
I promise the mid grade will not be Marbs. There was a discussion as to whether or not we wanted Evil or Marbs for that middle mark. (what use to be the high mark) Evil won out.

A lot of the guys at the meeting had issues with the newer Marbs.

This year Evil will be the "mid" grade. Last year there was a low grade, mid grade, and then the Evil was the high grade. This year you have all three of those paints again but now you have GI 4 Star being a step up from Evil and GI 5 Star being a step up from the 4 Star so you have FIVE (5) grades of paint to choose from.

Also, last I heard they were trying to secure a refridgerated trailer to store the paint in and keep it out of the heat.

Paint should be as good or better than any other event paint in the nation for this game if they can get that trailer.

Last edited by Robotech : 08-22-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 AM #65
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gadget Soldier supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
I promise the mid grade will not be Marbs. There was a discussion as to whether or not we wanted Evil or Marbs for that middle mark. (what use to be the high mark) Evil won out.

A lot of the guys at the meeting had issues with the newer Marbs.

This year Evil will be the "mid" grade. Last year there was a low grade, mid grade, and then the Evil was the high grade. This year you have all three of those paints again but now you have GI 4 Star being a step up from Evil and GI 5 Star being a step up from the 4 Star so you have FIVE (5) grades of paint to choose from.

Also, last I heard they were trying to secure a refridgerated trailer to store the paint in and keep it out of the heat.

Paint should be as good or better than any other event paint in the nation for this game if they can get that trailer.
Technically speaking, the Evil is still considered tourney grade amongst the "Giant Branded" paint. Because of complaints and inconsistencies of the paint from past years, Giant has also contacted GI Sportz to provide their brand of paint, G4 for mid and G5 for tourney grade, to give players more choices in paint selection. As for why the pricing is as such for the G4 and G5, I don't have an answer for that. Also, Giant will try to get a refrigerated truck to store paint for players over the weekend as Robotech has stated.

*UPDATE* I have just talked to Gio this morning and he has confirmed what I have written in the paragraph above.

The discussion of Marbellizers was brought up because Gio was wondering if he should use that instead of Evil. Marbz in the past was the best paint overall. However, most of us in that meeting have had bad experience with Marbz recently and have told Gio to just stay with Evil.

But to answer p8ballstimpy's question on mid grade, the Giant branded rec and mid grade paint will be private label paint (Giant Paintball (1600) for rec and Giant Tactical Paintball (2000) for mid, respectively). I know that at Tet, the mid grade was a private label I believe was called Gladius, but the mistake there was that it had 1600 in the box, in which Gio has corrected that problem with the Giant Tactical paint at 2000.

Also, as Robotec said, this is an event only paint, meaning that any paint bought at local stores will not be allowed, even if it is Giant branded paint. If I remember correctly at the meeting, the paint will have a specific logo and fill color at this event and that the ref's will be ensuring that the paint being used is the one made for this event. Why go thru all this trouble you ask? Giant hopes that working with the paint manufacturers that the players will get the freshest paint possible and to at least minimize any of the issues that have plagued the paint in the past and to make for a better playing experience.

Players need to note that Giant does not make their own paint, they contract a paint company to make the paint for them.

Last edited by Gadget Soldier : 08-22-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 AM #66
Robotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Soldier View Post
Technically speaking, the Evil is still considered tourney grade amongst the "Giant Branded" paint. Because of complaints and inconsistencies of the paint from past years, Giant has also contacted GI Sportz to provide their brand of paint, G4 for mid and G5 for tourney grade, to give players more choices in paint selection. As for why the pricing is as such for the G4 and G5, I don't have an answer for that. Also, Giant will try to get a refrigerated truck to store paint for players over the weekend as Robotech has stated.
I think the flyer has the pricing information on the paint Gadget...$35 for Rec (1600 rounds), $45 for mid grade (2000 rounds), $55 for Evil, $59 for G4 and $65 for G5. This is why I said Evil was now the "mid" grade paint (in quotes) as if falls right in the middle price wise. I'm at a loss as to how else to explain it. LOL

Should we say you have rec, mid, and three levels of Tourney???

Quote:
Players need to note that Giant does not make their own paint, they contract a paint company to make the paint for them.
Can't emphasize this enough. From what we've talked about with Giant, they are doing everything a field can do to ensure good quality paint for an event of this size. Last year I had some issues with the paint but I chaulked it up to how I had to store it once I got it from Giant. I'll be taking advantage of that refrigerated truck this year if they have it just for that reason.

Last edited by Robotech : 08-22-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:48 PM #67
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
I think the flyer has the pricing information on the paint Gadget...$35 for Rec (1600 rounds), $45 for mid grade (2000 rounds), $55 for Evil, $59 for G4 and $65 for G5. This is why I said Evil was now the "mid" grade paint (in quotes) as if falls right in the middle price wise. I'm at a loss as to how else to explain it. LOL

Should we say you have rec, mid, and three levels of Tourney???
The flyer is confusing, but Gio has stated that there are 1 rec grade, 2 mid (Giant Tactical and GI4) and 2 Tournament (Evil and GI5). Gio has stated that GI Sportz is sending GI4 and GI5 in which both are top tier paint. Plus, the flyer has been changed so many times and the paint was one of the last minute additions.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:31 PM #68
Robotech

Very confusing. May want to bring that up next meeting.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 PM #69
p8ballstimpy

p8ballstimpy plays in the APPA D4 division
thanks Robotech. that was the info I was looking for.
p8ballstimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 PM #70
akatoolman
Krusty-Psycho Clown Posse

akatoolman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego

Last edited by akatoolman : 08-22-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: format
akatoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 AM #71
Robotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatoolman View Post
Krusty, I so wish they would have provided the outtakes from that shoot! Took about seven takes before people stopped messing with T-Devil! LOL Damn funny stuff.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 AM #72
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here are all the other videos (including T-Devils) that have been uploaded by Giant.

Our friends at Paintball Gateway join the incredible cast of this year's Decay of Nations 7: Light Ages at The World Famous SC Village September 20th - 22nd! We are super excited for Paintball Gateway as they enter the battlefield.

Decay of Nations 7 returns with the fan-favorite MECH suits! Bring your MECH suits and don't miss out on all the fun and excitement!

Our good friend, T-Devil from the infamous Psycho Clown Posse join the incredible cast of this year's Decay of Nations 7: Light Ages at The World Famous SC Village September 20th - 22nd! We are super excited for T-Devil and the Clowns as they enter the battlefield.

Check out Troy "Robotech" Lyman, from premiere paintball scenario group, The SoCal Ghosts join the incredible cast of this year's Decay of Nations 7: Light Ages at The World Famous SC Village September 20th - 22nd! Troy shows off his tricked out Dye DAM marker and hardware that we are super excited to see in action as he and the SoCal Ghosts enter the battlefield.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:24 AM #73
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Very confusing. May want to bring that up next meeting.
Granted the flyer is confusing, but like I have stated in my previous post, with talking to Gio, this is the breakdown of grades:

Rec-Grade:
Giant Paintball

Mid-Grade:
Giant Tactical
GI4

Tourney-Grade:
Evil
GI5

Gio has also mentioned that there are some more news in regards to the paint, but he said that he will announce that when it's finalized.

Last edited by Gadget Soldier : 08-23-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:50 PM #74
805PB

805PB is playing at Living Legends VII
805PB is attending Decay of Nations VII
This will be my first time playing Decay of Nations and i am trying to figure out how long the games will be before a break...i want to know because i am going to be using a gopro and i am trying to figure out how many batteries i will need. Thanks!
805PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:46 AM #75
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805PB View Post
This will be my first time playing Decay of Nations and i am trying to figure out how long the games will be before a break...i want to know because i am going to be using a gopro and i am trying to figure out how many batteries i will need. Thanks!
If we go by the schedule on the flyer, you are looking at around 5 to 5 1/2 hours on Saturday, roughly 30 minute blood bath and several hours of the night game. For Sunday, around 3 hours then final battle, which could be 30 minutes.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:43 AM #76
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
So now I have a product run Sunday and can't play that day.

What will I miss Sunday with work?

If I wanted to make the most of fri/sat will I get to see UWL and play in most fields?
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:15 AM #77
sobersteve323

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
Awhile back on Facebook I saw a few posts that if you preregistered during the month of August it was $65 for the weekend including air. Can you do this over the phone or do you have to do it in person at the pro shop?
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:45 AM #78
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
So now I have a product run Sunday and can't play that day.

What will I miss Sunday with work?

If I wanted to make the most of fri/sat will I get to see UWL and play in most fields?
You will miss the raffle on Sunday.

All day Friday (I believe starting at 8am) and Saturday morning (The championship) will be the UWL 5-man. Gameplay for Decay will be entirely in the fields south of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobersteve323 View Post
Awhile back on Facebook I saw a few posts that if you preregistered during the month of August it was $65 for the weekend including air. Can you do this over the phone or do you have to do it in person at the pro shop?
You may have to call up the office and verify that. Call Jamal Freks Williams at 562-376-4622, he's one of the sales rep there and very knowledgeable. But if you're local and can make it to HSP, then you can go there and ask them as well.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 PM #79
WolfKnivesPaintball
WolfKnives Paintball

WolfKnivesPaintball is attending Decay of Nations VII
Does anyone know the link for the rulebook? Was just wondering the exact rules regarding helicopter drops and air drops and all that mess so we can drop behind enemy lines
Old 08-30-2013, 04:22 PM #80
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfKnivesPaintball View Post
Does anyone know the link for the rulebook? Was just wondering the exact rules regarding helicopter drops and air drops and all that mess so we can drop behind enemy lines
The rules are being cleaned up and finalized and from what I heard they will either post up a separate thread here or somewhere and will be linked to there.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:52 PM #81
joshuadobie

joshuadobie owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
joshuadobie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
joshuadobie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
joshuadobie is attending Decay of Nations VII
Are there going to be more fill stations available or just the normal setup?
How many cases of paint would you recommend purchasing from you're past experiences? How will parking be situated?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:16 PM #82
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadobie View Post
Are there going to be more fill stations available or just the normal setup? Normal setup

How many cases of paint would you recommend purchasing from you're past experiences? I cannot speak for you because I do not know how you play. If you're conservative, "sniper" or pump player: maybe 1-2 cases. You like to shoot a lot of paint: start with 3-4 cases. I'm a heavy gunner and I tend to buy 3-4 cases for the weekend. Sometimes I finish it all, sometimes I don't.

How will parking be situated? There will be a map to diagram where players can camp and park their vehicles, that will be posted as soon as that one get's cleared too.

Any event parking will be at the grassy area and the upper parking near SC Viper. Tent camping will be at the very upper speedball field and the lower 2 speedball fields, but I forget which one does not allow cars because they will damage the ground.

My answers in blue.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:36 AM #83
sobersteve323

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Soldier View Post
You may have to call up the office and verify that. Call Jamal Freks Williams at 562-376-4622, he's one of the sales rep there and very knowledgeable. But if you're local and can make it to HSP, then you can go there and ask them as well.
I was able to call Friday and book the Facebook promo. Might still be able to do it Saturday since it's still August. I just called the regular number but they had to do some asking around before I was able get the OK.
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:00 AM #84
Gadget Soldier
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobersteve323 View Post
I was able to call Friday and book the Facebook promo. Might still be able to do it Saturday since it's still August. I just called the regular number but they had to do some asking around before I was able get the OK.
That's good to hear, the problem is that sometimes their own people are not always up to date on what's going on with their promotions, but as long as you have proof that it exists, then it's all good!