PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM #43
ThizZ
Twisted D3-SD Pirates

ThizZ supports Shocker RSX
One thing that pissed me off was the wristbands for the grandstands. My dad and sister came to watch the event payed $10 on friday each to go in the grandstands. Only to find out we arent playing on center court so it was pointless. Saturday rolls around and we are told we are playing on center court...yet again we arent playing on center court so another $20.00 wasted on bands. Sunday rolls around and we thought for sure we would play center court it being finals and everything.My dad and sister both had 2 wristbands on their hand and were not aloud to watch sunday games from the bleachers because they have to pay another $10 to sit up there.

So $40.00 all togeither to sit in the hot *** sun.

Also, I pay a **** load of money to come and PLAY the NPPL and I cant even get into the grandstands for free to watch my favorite pro teams infamous and xfactor? If you ask me that is some bull ****.

Ima stick to huntington beach and vegas just because of the location they are held at. NPPL, step it up please.
ThizZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 PM #44
Kanye
The Lord of Streetball

has been a member for 10 years
Kanye plays in the PSP
Kanye has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kanye has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I got the impression that they brought in the NFL Replacement refs for Vegas. That has got to be the worst reffing I have every seen in my 11 years of playing.
Kanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 PM #45
Chex5
All I Do iS F-ING WIN!!!!

Chex5 plays in the PSP
Chex5 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Chex5 donated to help Peyton Trent
Chex5 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye View Post
I got the impression that they brought in the NFL Replacement refs for Vegas. That has got to be the worst reffing I have every seen in my 11 years of playing.
your not the only one. That has been said by everyone on my team and all the players on other teams that I know. Which
Is a lot. My girl has video of some terrible calls and some calls that refs should of made on other teams. Plus the disrespect I had to deal with a nppl Field supervisor named Dan who wore his yellow shirt like he was a king after a clock error where it didn't countdown and we didn't get a ten seconds the horn just blew and the other team took off and my team stood there for a few seconds like what the hell before we took off and then I got pulled because the ref at our start box didn't hear a horn either so he thought I went early when I really didn't . All will be posted soon. I talked to Chuck about this Dan character and he stated that what he said to me was unprofessional and disrespectful and he would take care of it but not sure if anything happened. The Reffing as a whole was terrible even a few teams that placed 1st-3rd stated it was terrible.

Mile High Saints NPPL
Blitz Paintball
American Paintball Coliseum

Last edited by Chex5 : 10-10-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Chex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:36 PM #46
S_Carter
Nuclear Cowboy.

S_Carter plays in the PSP
S_Carter plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodstamp View Post
i felt bad for the few teams that traveled halfway across the world. i payed 60 bucks for a shabby ****ing id, they never looked at it, i didnt even get it until sunday.
Honestly, you're lucky you got your ID at the event. I paid for mine online before Chicago, never got one there and didn't get it until the Sunday in DC after I went back and asked for it each day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfacerider View Post
My main problem was the refs. Field 1 and 2 were fine, but field 3 was out of control. Almost every game I played on that field the refs lost us the game. For example:
1:They pulled out our 40 dorito player when he didn't even have so much as a bit of rub on him.
2:They pulled a 1 for 1 on a player of ours when he got hit in the pack and he hadn't moved or even pointed his gun at the other team yet, he waited to get checked.
ouch, sounds like you guys got shafted on the reffing. My only real problem with the refs was similar to your #2: our first game, I got hit in the leg going to the cube, looked to the ref for a paintcheck, he didn't signal me out at all, then ran up and pulled a yellow flag on me and took my teammate out with me, I didn't shoot my gun but was given a penalty before I could pull myself.
Apparently a couple of teammates got pulled on phantom hits without getting shot as well throughout the day, but I don't know much about that.

Overall, the event was good and I had fun, but there are still the little details that could always be fixed.

Last edited by S_Carter : 10-11-2012 at 09:42 AM.
S_Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:56 PM #47
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Carter View Post
Honestly, you're lucky you got your ID at the event. I paid for mine online before Chicago, never got one there and didn't get it until the Sunday in DC after I went back and asked for it each day.

ouch, sounds like you guys got shafted on the reffing. My only real problem with the refs was similar to your #2: our first game, I got hit in the leg going to the cube, looked to the ref for a paintcheck, he didn't signal me out at all, then ran up and pulled a yellow flag on me and took my teammate out with my, I didn't shoot my gun but was waiting to be checked. Apparently a couple of teammates got pulled on phantom hits without getting shot as well throughout the day, but I don't know much about that.

Overall, the event was good and I had fun, but there are still the little details that could always be fixed.
leg hits are obvious, you check those yourself and get penalties if you play on.

i paid for my ID in HB and didnt receive it in DC, and only received it in DC because i made a fuss about it.

other than registration my ID was checked one time, in vegas, on saturday morning. And even for registration, i showed them my temp ID with no picture and didnt show a photo ID with it..

come back coming soon...
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 AM #48
dyeballer101

dyeballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dyeballer101 supports Team VICIOUS
Not to mention, the "free" virtue chips, yet the regi jumped by like $600 well played nppl well played
Old 10-11-2012, 01:30 PM #49
big oak
infectious paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chex5 View Post
your not the only one. That has been said by everyone on my team and all the players on other teams that I know. Which
Is a lot. My girl has video of some terrible calls and some calls that refs should of made on other teams. Plus the disrespect I had to deal with a nppl Field supervisor named Dan who wore his yellow shirt like he was a king after a clock error where it didn't countdown and we didn't get a ten seconds the horn just blew and the other team took off and my team stood there for a few seconds like what the hell before we took off and then I got pulled because the ref at our start box didn't hear a horn either so he thought I went early when I really didn't . All will be posted soon. I talked to Chuck about this Dan character and he stated that what he said to me was unprofessional and disrespectful and he would take care of it but not sure if anything happened. The Reffing as a whole was terrible even a few teams that placed 1st-3rd stated it was terrible.
dan was the one i had problems with as well rude unprofessional ___
Old 10-11-2012, 02:17 PM #50
H0St1LE

Lol well as long as we're all whining, at one point I went to the air booth and saw a pair of cutters sitting there and grabbed them to cut an old ziptie off my tank that was holding my cover on and I couldn't get it off. The guy proceeded to rip it out of my hands while I was cutting and absolutely went off calling me an ******* and all this and say that's his tool I'm not allowed to touch it, then he asked me to take my cover off. I said I couldn't, and showed him in which he proceeded to blow up even more telling me he can't wipe my *** for me bla bla bla (and I told him well, I tried to do it myself but you wouldn't let me) and he was practically yelling at me calling me an ******* and piece of **** because I tried to use his ziptie cutter for 1/10th of a second. I must admit I thought it was funny but my wife was appalled that somebody who works for the event and is supposed to be professional was being such a dick for NO reason.
H0St1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:46 PM #51
Chex5
All I Do iS F-ING WIN!!!!

Chex5 plays in the PSP
Chex5 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Chex5 donated to help Peyton Trent
Chex5 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by big oak View Post
dan was the one i had problems with as well rude unprofessional ___
a couple other teams who witnessed the incident have said Dan is a real D-head and have stated that they'be been disrespect by him for no reason as well. Worse part about it was Tony the NPPL commissioner stood there and let it happen without intervening and telling Dan that the way he acted and what he said to me was Unacceptable and highly unprofessional. Also saw Tony snap and yell at a mother who was cheering on her young son who was probably 14 years old duringba finals match I know there is no coaching but all she said was "get him " and whatever his name was after clearly it was an honest mistake by a supportive mother and thought it was ridiculous the way he handled that.
Again like I said I appreciate Chuck talking to me after the incident and stopping me later that night in the lobby to talk to me a second time again about the incident and apologizing for what had happened. But in all reality some people need to be let go from the nppl and the refs need to either be retrained or let go and replaced aswell. I know some people care about the league but other's like Dan,Tony,and some of these refs don't.

****this was typed from my phone like most post are so please deal with the grammar and spelling issues*****

Mile High Saints NPPL
Blitz Paintball
American Paintball Coliseum
Chex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:51 AM #52
MiaDvs
-Picris

MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Guys NPPL is and will be always the fun crazy league from when Angel/WDP was one of the main vendor and they had the best venues (DENVER,TAMPA,HB,BOSTON,Miami). PSP has always been some random farm or ****ty empty lot in the middle of no where with little to no fan base. Again lets not forget that PSP is a monopoly and they are run by the big three companies DYE,EMPIRE,GI. Plus all these companies all they do is buy out the next little guy trying to come up with the next big thing. I found it as an insult when GI, EMPIRE, backed out of the NPPL in 2012 because they wanted for NPPL not to allow Valken to sell their paint at the events. I just feel that instead of everyone working together and growing the sport we just make it worse. All am saying is that as players we need to me smart about were to spend our money. I could remember many years ago every little PRO SHop were complaing about website company like 888paintball,actionvillage,etc, etc under selling them. To the point that many local PRO shops shut down or down sized their stores because of the lack of sales. Why again because these big companies were controlling the market and underselling the local PRO SHOPS. This is my personal opinion i think if both leagues continue to undermind each other and attack one another this sport will never grow. Plus picking venues that are expensive to travel to and mostly in the WEST COAST just makes it harder for new teams to want to attend.
Suggestion for NPPL i think they should host two events in the East Coast and two events in the West Coast the Finally Championship EVENT should be held in the MIddle of the country like Texas.

PbNation Feedback: MiaDvs
MiaDvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 AM #53
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaDvs View Post
Guys NPPL is and will be always the fun crazy league from when Angel/WDP was one of the main vendor and they had the best venues (DENVER,TAMPA,HB,BOSTON,Miami). PSP has always been some random farm or ****ty empty lot in the middle of no where with little to no fan base. Again lets not forget that PSP is a monopoly and they are run by the big three companies DYE,EMPIRE,GI. Plus all these companies all they do is buy out the next little guy trying to come up with the next big thing. I found it as an insult when GI, EMPIRE, backed out of the NPPL in 2012 because they wanted for NPPL not to allow Valken to sell their paint at the events. I just feel that instead of everyone working together and growing the sport we just make it worse. All am saying is that as players we need to me smart about were to spend our money. I could remember many years ago every little PRO SHop were complaing about website company like 888paintball,actionvillage,etc, etc under selling them. To the point that many local PRO shops shut down or down sized their stores because of the lack of sales. Why again because these big companies were controlling the market and underselling the local PRO SHOPS. This is my personal opinion i think if both leagues continue to undermind each other and attack one another this sport will never grow. Plus picking venues that are expensive to travel to and mostly in the WEST COAST just makes it harder for new teams to want to attend.
Suggestion for NPPL i think they should host two events in the East Coast and two events in the West Coast the Finally Championship EVENT should be held in the MIddle of the country like Texas.
you have to remember, no one is forcing the "little guy" to take the offer that these companies are coming to them with, money talks. if they had "the next big thing" they wouldnt need to be bought and would stay afloat.

and im just curious, with washington DC being ~100 miles from the coast as the crow flies(the coast of delaware mind you, not maryland) how close to the coast would you like them to go? also, just for fun, pick some place you or anyone else, might want to go for fun.

come back coming soon...
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM #54
neverenuf

neverenuf owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Its always interstinng/entertianing to read posts about phantom hits, crazy penalties. Its also strange that its the same people posting after every event....coincidence maybe? I play this league and get reffed by the same guys you do, I personally think the refs and Nppl staff did a great job. I havent had a problem with a ref or anyone from the league.

Guys reffing is a hard job to do, you standing in the sun for 10+ hours a day. Calls are going to be missed, its the nature of our sport. Instead of bashing the reffs, drill more, play more focus on making yourself a better player and take the game out of the refs hands.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:09 PM #55
Johnnymac631

Johnnymac631 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Johnnymac631 is an NCPA player
What I am about to say here most people may over look or send me a negative comment back . But ,I mean common Guys!

two things we know and have known!
•There's two supporior national professional paintball leagues.

•One is slightly larger and has more a positive feedback. However,it was not always this way. Time changes . Economy changes . Thus the sport and the format of which it is ran changes .

this stated -the NPPl should not be used as a Punching bag for people to vent on why it is not psp or why it's not comparable blah blah blah!

The point is it's not psp flat out . Therefore, it's trying to adjust to the changes in appropriate manner. To those of you who only attended 1 event and want to compare it to past nppls or a past psp are the ones that baffle me.

How can you judge any serious league whether pro or d7 if you only played one event ? You truely cannot.

I am a player or 12 years , a team captain, a pro psp reff , and I represent many stores and fields alike. The obvious is 7 man is on a downfall, but who's to say it won't take advice and change for the better this comming season ?
Come Huntington Beach time is when people
Should vent on why they dislike or not.

Give the crew at nppl a time to adjust and reconstruct like all major businesses do if they have a off season.

And please if you don't support nppl or don't play both leagues , do not post in here the (NPPL) thread how you don't think it's comparable to psp
Or is on a downfall and than at the same time offer zero advice or recommend any solution at all .

Sorry to ramble it just amazes me how people will feed into a downfall of a league offer zero help toward rebuilding it and than say they are a paintball supporter in general.

PLANET ECLIPSE

631 Forever
East Coast Paintball Player
Johnnymac631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:10 PM #56
Fowlsie

Quote:
Again lets not forget that PSP is a monopoly and they are run by the big three companies DYE,EMPIRE,GI. Plus all these companies all they do is buy out the next little guy trying to come up with the next big thing. I found it as an insult when GI, EMPIRE, backed out of the NPPL in 2012 because they wanted for NPPL not to allow Valken to sell their paint at the events.
This is why the psp is what it is..
But, A little more organization and structure($)at the events, along with some media and NPPL could be right there.

After watching the psp webcast and watching pretty much the same 1-2 breakouts over and over for 4 days, and then watching multiple 15-30 min points. Ill stick to playing and watching true paintball; which is 7vs7, semi-auto, no coaching! Way more variables, way more exciting to watch. and with the 7man race, 4 teams on each field, there is no 2 minute wait between games. Which is even better if your watching!

Quote:
This is my personal opinion i think if both leagues continue to undermind each other and attack one another this sport will never grow.
I couldnt agree more!!

I would love to see this sport get as big as we all know it can, but the league and company owners would have to start working together.
Adam Fowler #11
HigH OcTaNe -
www.facebook.com/HighOctanePaintball

Paintball Action Games
Fowlsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:45 AM #57
AGunsling3r
METAL

plays in the NXL
AGunsling3r owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
AGunsling3r supports our troops
AGunsling3r is an NCPA player
AGunsling3r is Legendary
KEE, GI, and Dye backing out of NPPL had nothing to do with Valken... They simply told both the leagues last season that they needed to merge because they could not afford coming to 8-10 events a year. So when the leagues didn't merge, they obviously went with the stronger lead.

Valken just took advantage of this for the NPPL...which also pissed off the PSP. Hence the reason why Valken paint isn't at PSP.

Don't post stuff when you don't know what you're talking about. 95% of the people in this thread have no idea how the industry works...I don't even know why I posted this.
AGunsling3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 PM #58
tonymontona

tonymontona owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by big oak View Post
my son got a 1 for 1 for asking for a paint check
obviously was hit in an obvious place
DELAWARE RELENTLESS
PRECISION PAINTBALL
EASTERN SHORE PAINTBALL PARK
tonymontona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 PM #59
El_cubano
YES....CUBAN B!!!!!!

El_cubano is a Supporting Member
allowing pro teams to shoot any paint but making divisional teams shoot garbage valken and pay top dollar for it...ya really smart... also the reffing was god awful.

"They moved on up to the east side...To a deluxe apartment in the sky...They Finally Got a Piece of the Pie."
El_cubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 PM #60
big oak
infectious paintball

see ^^^^^^^ and these guys did well there
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM #61
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D5 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Why ***** about this stuff? Valken paint is not bad. I use it all the time. Valken may be in psp 2013. If I could afford it I'd play psp and nppl

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 AM #62
fishballer06
ShockerRepair

fishballer06 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
fishballer06 supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_cubano View Post
allowing pro teams to shoot any paint but making divisional teams shoot garbage valken and pay top dollar for it...ya really smart...
Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 AM #63
LeslieIreland
PBRack Sales Rep/PDX VexX

plays in the NXL
LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just to add my two cents on reffing and bad calls... every event, every venue, every DAY is filled with bad calls and "unfairness", but for every team getting a bad call that "cost them the game" wouldn't that mean at least 50% of the teams are somehow getting "advantageous" calls? Every bad reffing decision for one player/team results in a good thing for the other... be happy we have ANY choices of league and are not forced into a single national event that may not be possible for all players. Support paintball PERIOD. If you don't like how it's run, don't play that league, but don't try to harm it either. You do you and let everyone else do themselves. We had a great time in Vegas, but PDX VexX will have a great time no matter where we go, because we're balling, as a team/family/unit that is living their dreams by working as hard as we can. Nothing is going to ruin us... we just assess, adjust and adapt. See you in HB and beyond!!

PDX VexX | Portland, OR
LeslieIreland is offline   Reply With Quote