Old 08-08-2010, 06:49 PM #22
PnTBm2k

has been a member for 10 years
PnTBm2k plays in the PSP
PnTBm2k helped look for balloons
PnTBm2k is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismet View Post
should of returned the cases after the first 3-4 cases of paint you guys used together. (if you guys pooled it together.)
Well when a team goes out with 4 cases approx a match and there's minimal time to turn things around and go talk to people about switching paints, it's not possible which is why we switched for day 2
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2010, 07:14 PM #23
Ryn_Droma

The pictures are coming, we had some issues with uploading at the hotel. We'll get you a link to them asap.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:24 PM #24
FragBallr
Brody Mayse

FragBallr plays in the USPL
FragBallr plays in the APPA D4 division
You do realize that your the only person on here complaining about the paint right? You act like these picures are going to expose the JFK conspiracy along with bouncing paint.

Keep up the good work valkin, we have have had zero issues from HB to DC.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:33 PM #25
painthappy
Painthappy

painthappy is a founding member
painthappy is a Paintball photographer
painthappy is playing at Living Legends VIII
painthappy supports Bob Gurnsey
I took the photos, and personally know nothing of the paint. Being a bag he was just tossing it could have sat in the hot sun all day for all I know.

Now I personally shot KEE paint that day, and it broke beautiful on everything it hit.

Anyhow, here are the one's people specifically asked for:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintba...os/4873521719/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintba...os/4873521731/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintba...os/4874140068/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintba...os/4874140112/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintba...os/4874140118/

Old 08-08-2010, 08:44 PM #26
gspn

gspn is playing at Living Legends VIII
gspn is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Thanks for all the comments.
Some are interesting and some deserve a reponse. Either way, we appreciate all productive feedback.

To clarify;
All Redem-Pro was delivered to our warehouse in a climate controlled truck and literally loaded within 35 minutes from that truck to our hauler and stored in a climate-controlled (AC) space where the temperature was between 64 and 68 degrees.

The teams that shot it, CHOSE to shoot it. They had choices and from what we saw and heard, they said they made the right choice. There were NO contracts or deals in place forcing anyone to shoot it.

We test paint 3 times a day to see how it's reacting to humidity, temperature and real-life conditions, i.e. players leaving it in gear bags, pods, loaders or on tables for 20-40 minutes in the 90 degree heat after a montrous rainstorm the day before. If we leave a test bag in the sun for an hour and then toss some to see how it reacts, all we can do is see how it reacts.

No paint company I know of sells individual bags of paint at major events. You may have keyhole satellite photos from one of our test times.

When a player voices a concern, we address it, on the spot, and do everything we can to rectify it. We cannot help them if the paint they complain about has sat in the heat for hours on end or has been exposed to humidity for any extended length of time. No paint company selling tournament grade paint can.

We said that we were bringing 2 grades of paint at 2 different price points. It didn't work out that way and instead of just leaving those wanting the mid grade hanging, we compromised on the price and gave everyone a better ball for less money.

Please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by gspn : 08-08-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:47 PM #27
PnTBm2k

PnTBm2k plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragBallr View Post
You do realize that your the only person on here complaining about the paint right? You act like these picures are going to expose the JFK conspiracy along with bouncing paint.

Keep up the good work valkin, we have have had zero issues from HB to DC.
this wasnt meant to be a rant and rave, which is why i even commented on how well it was shooting prior, it was meant for pictures and the ignorance valken showed toward their customers

thank you carter brown for the pictures, look great!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:55 PM #28
andyschein
OcD

andyschein plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
had no problems with the paint at all, few balls swelled but that is because of the humidity.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 AM #29
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
For the record, it's not like we were sitting the bags of paint in the sun for hours before our games. It was kept in the shade the entire time, and most of our games were before 10 when it was still under 80 degrees. In fact, the first game that we played on Friday, at 8:12, I clearly remember bouncing a ball off someone's pack. This was maybe 15 minutes after we picked up the paint.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:23 AM #30
BKempire6
poopin

BKempire6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BKempire6 supports Team VICIOUS
BKempire6 supports DLX Technology
thats kind of wierd because in the xball event i just played in my team was shooting redemption and its was bounceing like crazy and not very thick at all
Old 08-09-2010, 09:40 AM #31
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
I obviously was not playing or shooting the Valken paint this weekend but I'll add my 2 cents anyways...

Valken was one of only 2 paint sponsors there this weekend and I know for a fact they were giving GREAT deals on paint. I just hate to see people saying things to try to discredit a company that is good enough to help our sport by sponsoring the league and giving teams great deals on paint and product.

With all that being said, try to give Valken a break. This is a new line of paint for them and I'm sure, like all new products, there are some bugs that still need to be worked out. While my team is RPS sponsored and I can't imagine shooting anything else I do appreciate having options at events.

Follow me on IG- @SportsVoice23

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM #32
PnTBm2k

PnTBm2k plays in the PSP
a) this is why we went and voiced our concern with Valken and all we got in return was "you didnt size you paint properly"

b) i also stated this was for pictures and also to see other peoples experiences, this post was meant to be a constructive one, which is why my post had both positive as well as negative sides to it
Old 08-09-2010, 12:20 PM #33
pezhed13

pezhed13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Its funny when we complained to valken about the paint and they said, "oh if you want the good paint in the back of the truck you should ask." And the "curtain" to the valken truck was constantly open exposing the paint to uncontrollable climates. Lots of the paint was mis-shaped, resulting in hoppers jamming. And yes it was real bouncy, and had a terrible fill. The list goes on and on.
Aftershock #7
Badlandz paintball
G.i. Sportz
planet eclipse
R.i.p. Chicagoland paintball
Old 08-09-2010, 05:41 PM #34
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball

plays in the NXL
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnTBm2k View Post
Hopefully the guy who was taking pictures from the hill today is on nation....id really like to see the pictures...

In no regards really to Valken, even though it is now very evident it occurred, for some reason Valken Redemption was very bouncy and very runny this tournament, while bright, it wasnt thick so it would soak into jerseys and look like old hits (confirmed from a team we are friends with - not from what we "think")

The situation I am referring to of pictures is around 530 local time, a rep from Valken had a bag of Redemption and was standing on the side of their trailer checking the paint break on a slab of CONCRETE, at first he was just dropping and they would bounce away, he then was putting some force into it when he noticed people watching and about 30-50% only broke (he would even look up and smile when they broke), some even bounced more than waist height with how hard he was throwing it....

While Valken has shot really well in the past (hb was supposedly amazing, chicago shot well but would swell if left in pods and in the sun and then get stuck in the pods -- just toss in the cooler/dont get extra paint) but DC paint was god awful and we ended up switching to evil today and it performed much better. (i am no way affiliated with evil/empire/kee)

Other than that, the biggest remark I have towards Valken is to test the paint and dont lie to the players, they told us every other team was commenting on how well the paint shot (why did they just start testing it now?) and their excuse for why it was bouncing = "YOU DIDNT SIZE THE PAINT" -- how does that have any influence how bouncy it is? you can say thats why it broke in guns, but not bouncing on people...

what are everyone elses thoughts on Valken this event.
Personally we thought the paint supplied by Valken was of very good quality for event paint. Broke on target, did not have any bouncing issues and it shot straight all day.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM #35
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Yeah, bore matching paint won't make much of a difference for whether it breaks on target or not.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:46 PM #36
paintsoldier8
shut up and shoot people

bA shot valken saturday and sunday in the pump division and didn't have any issues. I will say I did get a bounce off my pants (while kneeling so, they were tight) by a team shooting evil. I can't say anything else for/against it though, as any where else I got hit was hard.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:02 PM #37
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
I suppose it is possible that we were the first team to get any paint from them. We had 8 o'clock games on Friday. Maybe the cases they gave us had been sitting too close to the door for too long. Either way, they need to address the issue.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 PM #38
amossbur
When did he get married?

amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
We had a game at 8:04am on Sunday and we shot the Valken paint. We got it around 7:15am and it shot great. We had no complaints and went 6-0 on Friday, so obviously it was breaking all the time
Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 PM #39
PnTBm2k

PnTBm2k plays in the PSP
warehouse, you still have neglected to show an excuse for having to take apart multiple hoppers during your finals game on sunday
Old 08-09-2010, 08:28 PM #40
amossbur
When did he get married?

amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
One hopper jammed on us during a game because of swollen paint. It was stupidly left out in the hopper for about 40min just sitting there. All paint will swell like that when left out like ours was.

We had to take a rotor apart when a broken ball was unknowingly loaded. The only purpose of taken that one apart was to clean the paint out. Other than those 2 occurrences, I have no idea what you're talking about with our back center taking apart his loader multiple times.

Maybe you guys just did get a bad pallet. This was the first time that Valken had used this redemption pro at an event.

Like I said, we had great success with it as well as many others teams that used it. If it was as bad as you say it was, wouldn't everyone have switched to evil?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 PM #41
bigslick380
Doin 100 down the highway

bigslick380 plays in the USPL
bigslick380 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigslick380 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnTBm2k View Post
warehouse, you still have neglected to show an excuse for having to take apart multiple hoppers during your finals game on sunday
I was one who had to take apart my hopper, there is even a picture of me doing so. No biggie, I did leave the paint in the hopper for over 30 minutes for sure, it was left in the sun, trying to do too many things at once. My fingers were too small to try and push it out so I had to take things apart to get to it. It was one ball that expanded. Once I moved it, everything was fine. Had no problems shooting after that (even though there was only 20 seconds left). Next game I used the same hopper and the same paint and worked just fine.

The paint was obvioulsy a little better the first day (Friday) than the last day Sunday but many things account for that, it was also a hell of a lot hotter sunday and the last batch of paint we were using was given to us by another team that was out of the tournament, as oppose to getting the paint fresh as we were doing. why we did that you ask.... Well we spent a hell of a lot of paint the first day with the majority of our games thinking that only the top 4 teams move on (as was stated in the captains meeting I attended) to then find out that was not the case and by the time Sunday came around, we had spent a lot of money, so close to free paint is better than no paint even though it was probably old by sitting around.