PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-14-2003, 12:17 PM #85
c4justin
Dance for me Dance

has been a member for 10 years
Dude i feel so dumb right now. I new what the phantom was i was thinking it was some kind of special back or something different. DUDE that completly blew over my head. Sorry about that ignorant question.
Justin
Black Impulse Sr# 12832, Vision Board, New DeSIGNZ flush delrin bolt, Iframe, Vertical Maxflow, SP Impulse Grips, Dropzone 3 with On/Off, New DeSIGNZ Valve, Slik Shot, CCM No Rise, Crossfire 68/45, Sceptor Barrel Kit, ....soon to have lpr and halob w/ z software!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2003, 04:11 PM #86
RevolutionX

RevolutionX is a founding member
anyone know about the .682 inserts? as soon as those come out (if its soon) im going to get the sceptor.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:23 PM #87
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Sounds like the dude is tap dancing around the issue if he will warrant the trades of old versions or new. That sucks that they re-released an already great product. I shot one on my buddies X-Mag, it was just as nice as my Freak ( still havent had any problems with mine), but why fix something that isnt broke and worse, why should we (the consumer) have to buy new tips to be interchangable with the current run?
Old 03-17-2003, 11:20 PM #88
dustin554

.682 inserts would be nice
Old 03-19-2003, 02:48 PM #89
SKuLeSuCKS02

does anyone know if www.fondirect.com and topchoicepaintball.com are sellin the new style sceptors?
Old 03-19-2003, 02:56 PM #90
twobaaalls

Quote:
does anyone know if www.fondirect.com and topchoicepaintball.com are sellin the new style sceptors?
Yes they do, both ship directly from Powerlyte.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:57 AM #91
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
So what is your stance (Powerlytes) on a trade in process. I'm not looking to do it for free personally, I'd even expect to pay 20 bucks + shipping or what have you. Though I'd keep the back since you said that those will work with the new front/inserts.

But you guys seriously have to address this issue and now. I need to know if there is an exchange program, or if you're telling your customers to screw themselves and that they have to shell out another 210 bucks.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 03-23-2003, 01:18 PM #92
c4justin
Dance for me Dance

How long is powerlyte backordered i ordered my barrel about 2-3 weeks ago and i was wondering when i could expect it?

PLEASE HURRY

Justin
Black Impulse Sr# 12832, Vision Board, New DeSIGNZ flush delrin bolt, Iframe, Vertical Maxflow, SP Impulse Grips, Dropzone 3 with On/Off, New DeSIGNZ Valve, Slik Shot, CCM No Rise, Crossfire 68/45, Sceptor Barrel Kit, ....soon to have lpr and halob w/ z software!!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:54 AM #93
RevolutionX

i wouldnt bet there was exchange program, and i do not expect one.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:19 PM #94
TheRoc

Man oh man!

God, what a load of crap.

I called paul to order his hot new barrel system.

I was one of the first with my 209. dollars in hand.

Bought it up quick with promisses of a "soon to come"
barrel bag and some "soon to come" different length tips.

I even heard them at Cup talking to one of the pro players about how the 16" can be used better to push air bunkers aside for peaking.

I thought to myself "great,now I can have a 16 inch tip for my new barrel system"

Powerlyte- please dont underestimate the power of these forums and word of mouth.

I had many many players use my barrel system at Old River painball on orlando. All types of players from newbies to pro-strange team members.

Now I get to go back to them all and let them know that I got taken for my 209. dollars because the longevity of service on my barrel just got phased out.

There is NO excuse for not having an exchange program. Or just continuing on YOUR WORD and producing 16" fronts for the now "old" version.

Read all the posts above. Everyone that jumped in feet first for your product and lined your pocketts. Now simply feel gipped.

Go ahead, leave us in the dust. and never look back.

See what happens when you screw your customers.

I think your marketing guy already knows. Goodbye Powerlyte.

Oh yeah, all you retailers posting in here with your noses up this guys butt. Try speaking from a non-biased point of view.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:01 PM #95
Booyahkai

plays in the NXL
Booyahkai owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D4 division
i totally agree with you Roc. Powerlyte is just trying to rip off thier old customers. I was told when i ordered my kit that a new style tip was coming out. And in my mind i thought that i could just buy another tip if i decided i liked the news ones better. Now that i've seen the new ones i like them but when i called in to order they said "what version do you have?" I was like what?? Now if i want the new tips i would have to buy a new set of inserts which by the way cost almost as much as a new kit. I think this is BS, I love the way my scepter shoots but i also like the new tips better then the old ones. So for all the old version owners I guess we're ***** out of luck.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:10 PM #96
Everclear21

hmm.

well, that's why I decided to go with both,smart parts, and dye. Kept a boomstick, and got a freak. I really wanted to try Powerlyte, and thought that thier barrel should be very good. I've always wanted to try one, but, I guess that'll wait. I'm happy w/ my freak now. And a boomstick.

But, 16" tips for the old style would have swayed my choice.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:45 PM #97
paintballphreak1

i don't think powerlyte should be ridden so hard for this. sure it's pretty inconvienant for us with the old version (resale value and such), but it's not like they tried to screw us or anything. a trade in would be nice, but i wouldn't really expect it.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:55 PM #98
TheRoc

Dont they know

See, theres another mention about the 16" tips for the old kit.

This isnt the consumers (our) fault.

As a company, making a big fuss about your new secret barrel kit to generate interest. Then all your dedicated followers buy it up, Only to change it all around 3 months later. with no compatibility and no exchange program.

DONT YOU KNOW that your first batch buyers are the real SPENDERS in this industry.

We are the ones that submit the reviews, the ones that usually have the newest gear on the field. God sakes, some of my friends cannot even keep a 1500. gun for more than two weeks without wanting to sell it and get the next hot gun.

Powerlyte. WE are your bread and butter, We are the ones that pay your bills and spread the word about your product. Ive been a freeking unofficial powerlyte rep for the last 4 months talking about your great barrel system everywhere I went. Letting people try it. Pointing out all the reasons its better than the freak.

And this is what I get in return. Sorry pal there will be no 16" tip. BUT if you want one, give us another 175. ????????

That means my total Powerlyte kit will have costed me 385.bucks!

No thanks!!!!! You can build a Boomstick barrel kit for that much and end up with four different lenghts to boot.

Powerlyte, dont do us and yourselves like this. Trust me, It can get ugly quick.

There are many many forums talking about this. That means many potential buyers that just need a little push to go with something else.

Its time for you guys at Powerlyte to put down the hybrids and step up to the plate for your barrel system customers.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:50 PM #99
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Oh come now, the consumers need the hybrid. Our world won't be complete until there are officially 147 different aftermarket autocockers on the market! And 145 of which that do nothing special over another!

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:00 PM #100
RevolutionX

im still going to buy a sceptor no matter if they give yall a break or not. new version come out everyday for stuff and you dont always see the companys offering sell backs and crap like that. its still a great barrel and yall are just whinning that a new versions out and yours is now outdated. now as for the 16" tips i believe they should come out with them and still support their old product, but they should not do a sell back program.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:31 AM #101
acsik

Well I dont see what the fuss is about honestly..

I got the "old style" love it to bits and 14 inch front is enough to push bunkers with ease.

And resale value??? Why do you want to sell it for??

And for gods sake paintball is a sport not a damn fashion show.

Go rag on SP or BE they make much bigger screwups...
Old 03-25-2003, 07:45 AM #102
TheRoc

!!!!!!

Bahh Humbug!

Im not really that pissed.

But please admit, its a raw move.

I like my old version just fine. But when I bought it I was simply
told there would be more sizes available in tips besides the 12 and 14.

That was one of the selling points.

Imagine if you bought a new car and five months later the company completley reconfigured the air filter. Telling you that if you want to upgrade the filter system. YOU HAVE TO BUY A NEW ENGINE.

You cannot use the fact that it happens all the time as an excuse for irresponsible product support.

And if youve read this post at all. you'll see that the painball companys that indeed have done this, Have given their customers exchange options.

This is BUSINESS, not whining. These issues must be discussed.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:52 AM #103
TheRoc

Oh yeah, Acsik

In case you've lived in a damn cave this whole time and never have attended any organized "paintball" events. You would've noticed...

Paintball IS a fasion show.

Although, Im not that fasionable.

I just want product support for my barrel system.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:07 AM #104
acsik

Im playing tournys since 5 years now my friend....I hope the Milleneum series is tourny enough for ya...

If you got game who gives **** for fashion...

cya
Old 03-25-2003, 08:13 AM #105
TheRoc

Good point I agree 100%