Old 09-03-2012, 12:15 PM #43
killaaz03

has been a member for 10 years
killaaz03 plays in the PSP
killaaz03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
killaaz03 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKArmyKid219 View Post
I'm to the point where I'm going to switch to only SEPS. I enjoy MSXL but the refs are garbage. The head ref was lazy. They kept calling out Cody for rubs and old hits. They wouldn't get off their *** and check. Im really glad to know we wasn't the only ones that experienced this.
You think the reffing at a seps event is better then the msxl???? how high are you right now?? The reffing at every seps has been a complete joke
killaaz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2012, 12:43 PM #44
HKArmyKid219
859 killer

HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by killaaz03

You think the reffing at a seps event is better then the msxl???? how high are you right now?? The reffing at every seps has been a complete joke
Apparently really high lol.

Really? I didn't know that.
Captain,#51
Sponsored by; Planet Eclipse, Virtue, Carbon, ImmortalAir, Ally Remembered Foundation
BRING ME BOMBER OR ROCKSTAR EGO'S!
HKArmyKid219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:16 PM #45
killaaz03

killaaz03 plays in the PSP
killaaz03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
killaaz03 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ive guested on teams for the past3 years at seps events, only ones worth playing are the ones in louisville and even they can be shady at times
killaaz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 PM #46
DRoper412
guttery.buttery.tits

DRoper412 plays in the PSP
DRoper412 supports Cereal Killerz 2
DRoper412 donated to help Peyton Trent
Field two the main reff started a game without his mask on because he has at the corner talking with one of the other reffs. Then at "10 seconds" he runs to the middle and tries finding his mask and then the game begins with him mask-less.

After a fantastic amount of what can only be described as a horrible attempt at reffing, the 2nd field head reff then just stands there the whole point when two players ask for hit checks. Makes a reff run over from their position to do his job. This is the type of reffing I would expect/understand from a local 3/5 man event. Not a major series, with these large of prizes.

Asylum PB: fantastic facility, seriously it's flippin' AWESOME!! Glad I was able to come on down and be a part of this event. Thanks for the free burgers at the very end on sunday, that lady was pretty damn cool to give out food to us that were hungry.
DRoper412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:58 PM #47
curt12

curt12 plays in the MiLP
curt12 plays in the APPA D4 division
I had a blast this year! got blasted, did some blasting, good times. as always enjoyed playing you guys will see yall next year.

MEN NEEDED FOR LOCAL REBELLION!
curt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:04 PM #48
Budliteallnite
MidSouthOutlaws FTW

Budliteallnite plays in the MiLP
Budliteallnite supports Team VICIOUS
Budliteallnite plays in the APPA D4 division
Budliteallnite supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKArmyKid219 View Post
I'm to the point where I'm going to switch to only SEPS. I enjoy MSXL but the refs are garbage. The head ref was lazy. They kept calling out Cody for rubs and old hits. They wouldn't get off their *** and check. Im really glad to know we wasn't the only ones that experienced this.
Its the same thing in SEPS man. If you dont wanna deal with crappy refs honestly your gonna have to play national events.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:06 PM #49
Budliteallnite
MidSouthOutlaws FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by killaaz03 View Post
He speaks the truth!!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:30 PM #50
bignasty sns
Addison Winstead

bignasty sns plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
bignasty sns is an NCPA player
bignasty sns plays in the APPA D1 division
I will probably be looking to play both divisions next year.
I hope the reffing situation will be figured out.
"DM19" Mark Dusa
bignasty sns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM #51
InDy_Baller

plays in the NXL
InDy_Baller supports our troops
InDy_Baller plays in the APPA D2 division
I have a feeling the reffing will be much better next year. and to all of you who are complaining about refs not having a mask on between points...what really makes you that upset about it? It's that persons eyeballs that are in danger, not yours or your teams. I agree its a bit unprofessional, but those of you who are paying attention to these small things should probably worry more about your own team and your own pits a little more. I don't think any of the winning teams are complaining. Also I agree the head ref on field 2 was kind of a joke. I had to work with him all day.

Old Feedback (10+/0-)
InDy_Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 PM #52
HKArmyKid219
859 killer

HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDy_Baller
I don't think any of the winning teams are complaining.
I'm not complaining because we lost. Im complaining because it's what needs improvement to help better the MSXL. I love playing, and I'll probably get shot for saying this, but I could care less if we won or lost. Im playing the sport I enjoy and spending time with other people who enjoy it. These people are like brothers and that's the reason I do it.
Captain,#51
Sponsored by; Planet Eclipse, Virtue, Carbon, ImmortalAir, Ally Remembered Foundation
BRING ME BOMBER OR ROCKSTAR EGO'S!
HKArmyKid219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM #53
gruesomekyle

gruesomekyle plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
gruesomekyle owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
gruesomekyle plays in the APPA D3 division
I bet if the head ref on field #2 thought a player had a twinkie he might have actually moved
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM #54
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D4 division
Just saying the head reff from field two wouldnt come check me at the D side tower. This guy was a large man with the padded dye jersey on.
However on Field one Andrea would check me if i just looked at her and pointed on me and she ran clear to the Race to check me. Wearing shorts and a hoodie.

make sense of that for me!
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 PM #55
Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor1331
Just saying the head reff from field two wouldnt come check me at the D side tower. This guy was a large man with the padded dye jersey on.
However on Field one Andrea would check me if i just looked at her and pointed on me and she ran clear to the Race to check me. Wearing shorts and a hoodie.

make sense of that for me!
Andrea rocked this event! We really missed having Glen. I blame his wife totally

Email: dtapp@me.com
NPA Website: www.npaevents.com
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.com
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 PM #56
Zemmi

Zemmi plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Zemmi plays in the APPA D4 division
Well i would like to say this is my first MSXL event played. I got out of playing for a bit when the league was started. I think its awesome an deal, but a few concerns I noticed over the weekend. I have never been to a tournament were the home team was allowed to play in it. It just seemed WAY out of place when the refs and players are little too friendly to one another. Also is the person running the scoring table not allowed to tell the ref that a player just wiped a hit, cause if so that shouldnt be. when people behind are comment on the player wiping saying " are you kidding did you just see that" and the lady says " I know right". just seems odd that they would make the head ref that stand in front of them aware of the situation.
Zemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 PM #57
InDy_Baller

plays in the NXL
to clarify that zemmi I can assure you the "home team" had no affiliation with the refs at all. The fact is, players caught on to the fact that the reffing was a bit lax and started to wipe hits and cheat whenever possible. This happens everywhere. The winning d4 team on saturday was from Indiana..and the winning team on Sunday was mostly from Louisville, but the refs on Sunday were not.

Old Feedback (10+/0-)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:08 AM #58
Budliteallnite
MidSouthOutlaws FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDy_Baller View Post
I have a feeling the reffing will be much better next year. and to all of you who are complaining about refs not having a mask on between points...what really makes you that upset about it? It's that persons eyeballs that are in danger, not yours or your teams. I agree its a bit unprofessional, but those of you who are paying attention to these small things should probably worry more about your own team and your own pits a little more. I don't think any of the winning teams are complaining. Also I agree the head ref on field 2 was kind of a joke. I had to work with him all day.
The paintball community is small. Would you wanna go play paintball for the first time if you saw a bunch of people losing their eyes or gettin seriously hurt? We need to keep this sport as safe as possible so that people wanna start playing and make this sport bigger and better. Just my .02
Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 AM #59
grantiscool
Ars longa, vita brevis

After reffing all day Saturday and playing on Sunday, my feedback on the variables that are realistically controllable by tapper and the venue i believe things couldnt have gone much better or quicker. Being completely done by 430 on a perfect day is unheard of. Props to darrin keepin things moving.

The only things which truly can be improved is having a constistant reffing crew for entire season, and again props to darrin for already getting the ball rolling on that for next season.

All this boo booing about poor reffing is rather a stretch. Paintball is incredibly hard to officiate by the nature of the game itself, especially EVERY single point, without really any breaks in pouring rain, with nearly all but the winning teams *****ing to you every point. People who complain about refferees sitting while they reff have clearly never reffed or have been taught how to correctly work together with fellow reffs to nearly eliminate the need to leave their post to check the inside of a player.

Further boo hooing about never seeing the fields home team play an event at their own field is simply absurd....what really is shocking is seeing an event without the home team playing......

More boo hooping about "class" and "professionalism" is really quite absurd as well. This is competitive xball for christs sake, we are repetitively shooting ramping paintball guns at each other, it's not to be nice and pretty. Try bird watching or playing tennis for a calmer environment or if you are tired of being shot up. Remember being bunkered and overshot with a 12.5 bps gun is really nothing compared to playing seven man and being shot by multiple guns shooting 17-20 bps. This is also extremely questionable coming from a team whose captain seriously attempted a dead mans walk- which is arguably the most blatant and intentional form of cheating in the game of paintball.
grantiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:37 AM #60
InDy_Baller

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budliteallnite View Post
The paintball community is small. Would you wanna go play paintball for the first time if you saw a bunch of people losing their eyes or gettin seriously hurt? We need to keep this sport as safe as possible so that people wanna start playing and make this sport bigger and better. Just my .02
Did anyone get hurt? Did any eyes get shot out? No. Because the people who take their masks off are probably the people who play and win tournaments and know when to suit up and prepare for the possible threat of some idiot accidentally popping a shot off. All I'm saying is; quit paying attention to the refs sliding their masks up inbetween points, and focus on improving your game. The MSXL is the best series available to the region and it's only going to get better.

Old Feedback (10+/0-)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:47 AM #61
aieou
Presence of Mind

aieou is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by COjosh View Post
Man, Joe...we sure can tell that you graduated college from that post!

...well done sir, well done...

Sorry I wasn't there to hang out with you man, with back surgery and all, I'll catch you at the next one!

-JB
What up man! Na, no degree yet. I'm switching programs again.

Good luck with the surgery. I'm going to Xcape this Sunday I think. Come out and chill if you can. I've been itching to play. Haven't played all year!!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:20 AM #62
eforce
Factory PB

eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemmi View Post
Well i would like to say this is my first MSXL event played. I got out of playing for a bit when the league was started. I think its awesome an deal, but a few concerns I noticed over the weekend. I have never been to a tournament were the home team was allowed to play in it. It just seemed WAY out of place when the refs and players are little too friendly to one another.
We played Asylum in prelims and finals. There was no biased reffing and they exercised good sportsmanship. I would also like to point out that when getting to the bottom of a seeding issue for D3x finals Sunday, Darin deferred to APPA personnel to make the call despite having several parties affiliated with himself involved in the competition for advancing spots. I didn't see anything worth getting upset over.

Last edited by eforce : 09-04-2012 at 01:22 AM.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:02 AM #63
barndawg
Dirty South Killers Capt

barndawg plays in the MiLP
barndawg supports Team VICIOUS
barndawg posts videos on PbNation
barndawg plays in the APPA D5 division
Good event , awesome field as usual , good air fills , paint shot good and ee3n after the rain we got things going again fairly quickly .. no major complaints but reffing will be good and bad everywhere just sometimes it can be really bad. Asylum has never let my expectations down and by far one of the best fields i have ever played at.

Dirty South/Saints Army

Back Player Gang

Sponsored BY
PaintballBunkerOnline
http://www.paintballbunkeronline.com
barndawg is offline   Reply With Quote