Can't ban the snowman

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidrifter View Post
I feel the same way about the technology. I just wanted to make other teams aware of possible issues that may arise during the tourney. And see what could be done to remedy the issues.

I feel that it wouldn't have been such a big issue if we had played 2 days, but since D4 played all of our games on Thursday we had no time to get the issues hammered out.
Amen on the 2 day thing. I know the no day to hammer out issues threw me way off. NPPL dropped the ball big time with that.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 PM #23
Deez Nuts!!!
DaHouseCat

My 09 ego also shut off as soon as I pulled the trigger. I took it to the eclispe tech and they couldn't help me.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:44 PM #24
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
a lot of guns were having problems with the chips. personally, my luxe would skip shots because of it, and the battery (which i charged that morning to 100%) was down to 25% after about an hour of having the chip installed.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:07 PM #25
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuts!!! View Post
My 09 ego also shut off as soon as I pulled the trigger. I took it to the eclispe tech and they couldn't help me.
That is the one main issue I have with the addition of these chips to a major tournament. I think that all of these kinds of kinks should have been hammered out at a smaller, local tournament.

They might have worked well in the pro guns last year, but how many pros in 2011 were using 2009 Egos? Or 2003 Bob Long Species Intimidators?

Too many teams pay too much money to have their guns go down before, during, or after games.

It also gives the player one more tech booth to have to go to in order to resolve any technical issues that they are having.

There should have been a tech center in the player's paddocks in addition to the installation center at registration.

I still really love the idea of the ROF Chips and what it can bring to paintball, I just think that it needs to be implemented perfectly.

I also think that requiring them in Divisions below D1 is not beneficial. Just let the younger teams and players focus on playing paintball.

Last edited by Deimus85 : 04-04-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM #26
NkdMangina

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post

I also think that requiring them in Divisions below D1 is not beneficial. Just let the younger teams and players focus on playing paintball.
I agree.
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:44 PM #27
warlordtfc

warlordtfc owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
warlordtfc supports DLX Technology
warlordtfc supports Ninja Paintball
My Ego11 worked fine, install was easy.

My biggest complaint is not having a backup gun ready IF need be (didn't need one, but I brought 4 backups like always). It would have been an additional $20 per chip for each back-up gun.

I understand they shouldn't be giving them away, so I don't really have a solution besides make sure your first gun always works.
warlordtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM #28
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
I believe it was $60 for each back up chip...
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:54 PM #29
warlordtfc

I heard $20, I didn't go to verify because $20 was too much. If it was $60.. I don't know. I might craft my own chip for cheaper.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 PM #30
Amac
ThisISPaintball.ca

Amac is a Paintball photographer
Amac plays in the PSP
Amac is playing at Living Legends V
For players who had chip issues how many of you went as early as possible to get them installed, check them out in after filing your tank up with air and grabbing a box of paint for the whole team to test their guns before the day you played games?

I made the team go down early install the chips, fill up our tanks and then test out each marker to ensure that there wouldn't be any issues come game time.

I heard from teams beside us on the first day of our division playing that they still had to go get the chips installed. Leaving things last minute is no ones fault but your own.

It's the same as not cleaning your marker after the last event or practice and expecting it to work 100%.

While I do agree that having a Virtue tech table in the players pits would have been a good idea, knowing that they had to have the data collection systems set up on each field, the chip install area by registration and also run their booth they certainly didn't have any extra staff to man a tech table in the pits.

They were up until 2am in putting the chip install data into the system so they would match with the players IDs and team info so hopefully players will be more proactive when it comes to the install and testing of the chips before their games.

As Tom had posted if you have an issue with the chip go to Virtue & they will fix it. If you don't let people know there is an issue it isn't going to fix it on it's own.

Canadian Response Pump
ThisISPaintball
Paintball Photography

Seasons Past:
Spikes 5010, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, South Coast Stealers, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, CRUsh, SportAgressor Russia & Canadian Express
Amac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:48 PM #31
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
I went early and tested my marker. Only thing I was told by virtue was that they didn't know why it was happening.

My issue was not due to me doing it last minute or anything like that. The chip just didn't like my luxe
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:51 PM #32
K-9
name's ryon. hi

K-9 plays in the PSP
K-9 donated to help Peyton Trent
K-9 supports DLX Technology
My Geo2.1 was an odd little bastard
Shot 14.9 all day and then the last match it spikes to 15.6....
Hrmmm
K-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:04 PM #33
chrispydct
SLO AZN

chrispydct plays in the PSP
chrispydct supports Cereal Killerz 2
chrispydct owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chrispydct plays in the APPA D4 division
chrispydct is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Our entire squad of 8 had no problems with the chips and we got the extra one at no extra cost.
chrispydct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM #34
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
Most of my squad was there on Wednesday night and got our chips installed that night. As far as testing the guns. They shot fine with eyes off at the tech tent. But it was only to see if the chip was being read by the receiver. Which was like 2 seconds and then you were off. Giving my team no warning about the issues we would encounter the next day.

Then due to the schedule that we were given in D4, we were unable to tech our guns as we played all 8 of our games in one day. Also, the refs decided to cut our lunch early so we would not have been able to do it at that time either.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:22 AM #35
ADOLF
SD VANDALS

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Where can we go to even see what those chips recorded?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:26 AM #36
kwoodpaintballer87

i think we only had one issue, but seeing as we were able to get paint about an hour before our first match started, and had all of our games first thing thursday, we didnt have any way of fixing it. the chrono showed my marker shooting only 13-14 when the nppl rep on our field came over though he was acting like i was shooting 20+ (gun was capped at 14 btw just to be safe)

GUN SALE
kwoodpaintballer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:34 PM #37
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoodpaintballer87 View Post
i think we only had one issue, but seeing as we were able to get paint about an hour before our first match started, and had all of our games first thing thursday, we didnt have any way of fixing it. the chrono showed my marker shooting only 13-14 when the nppl rep on our field came over though he was acting like i was shooting 20+ (gun was capped at 14 btw just to be safe)
Yeah he was a bit of and ******* wasn't he. I wonder if the chips register half pulls or 3/4 pulls cause that might cause a jump in bps even though its not a complete pull.

I would also like to see the data that was registered.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 PM #38
kwoodpaintballer87

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidrifter View Post
Yeah he was a bit of and ******* wasn't he. I wonder if the chips register half pulls or 3/4 pulls cause that might cause a jump in bps even though its not a complete pull.

I would also like to see the data that was registered.

from what i understand it only registered when the noid fires, nothing with trigger pulls. and yeah i would love to see the data as well

GUN SALE
kwoodpaintballer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM #39
warlordtfc

My gun never broke paint until I installed this chip. Broke paint at HB. It broke paint at the last two practices too.. The chip is still installed..

I wonder...........

It can't be the chip can it?.. I'll take it out and let you know what happens..

Even the PE techs were like wtf? NIB ego11 breaking paint?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM #40
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
Are you shooting Valken Pro?
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:44 PM #41
warlordtfc

I've used different types of paint since HB. Used V-Pro @ HB though. My entire team was shooting it too though with no issues.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:40 PM #42
FrontPlaya04
I will set you on fire

plays in the NXL
FrontPlaya04 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
FrontPlaya04 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amac View Post
For players who had chip issues how many of you went as early as possible to get them installed, check them out in after filing your tank up with air and grabbing a box of paint for the whole team to test their guns before the day you played games?

I made the team go down early install the chips, fill up our tanks and then test out each marker to ensure that there wouldn't be any issues come game time.

I heard from teams beside us on the first day of our division playing that they still had to go get the chips installed. Leaving things last minute is no ones fault but your own.

It's the same as not cleaning your marker after the last event or practice and expecting it to work 100%.

While I do agree that having a Virtue tech table in the players pits would have been a good idea, knowing that they had to have the data collection systems set up on each field, the chip install area by registration and also run their booth they certainly didn't have any extra staff to man a tech table in the pits.

They were up until 2am in putting the chip install data into the system so they would match with the players IDs and team info so hopefully players will be more proactive when it comes to the install and testing of the chips before their games.

As Tom had posted if you have an issue with the chip go to Virtue & they will fix it. If you don't let people know there is an issue it isn't going to fix it on it's own.
I agree with you on being prepared and getting there early. But the issue was that they told everyone that there would be no issues with the chips in your guns and that you would be able to pop them in with no issues. So teams weren't worried about it.

But I do agree with getting geared up extra early whether or not you have to put a chip in your gun or not. It's wise for any competition.

I think they should just have the Pro's and D1 use them. I think it's cool that divisional teams can have stats but it's not necessary.
FrontPlaya04 is offline   Reply With Quote