Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2008, 06:57 AM #85
protoplayer18

my field by being a walk-on you are putting yourself into playing with all the higher division players or even just people who buy tons of gear for rec play... but if you want to you can ask the refs and theyll set up a walk-on with rental game.
protoplayer18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2008, 08:20 AM #86
xJochem
U-N-I-T-E-D

xJochem owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xJochem owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xJochem supports Team VICIOUS
xJochem supports Pev's Paintball
I can see where the field owners are coming from. What would they do about Tippmann A-5s and 98s with the cyclone feed system?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 AM #87
lp04
SNIPER

has been a member for 10 years
lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D5 division
if you have an $800 setup, you shouldnt be playing with noobs with rentals in the first place, grow some balls and play against people that have the same kind of gear as you do

Legacy Liquids
Premium e liquid
lp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:05 PM #88
diabloballer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabone View Post
So my local field has adopted a new rule that, for rec play, they only allow gravity fed hoppers on their fields! WTF????? Guess I just wasted $800 on my Mini and ups then.
u bought mini for rec ball?
diabloballer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:39 PM #89
only4theweak187

that's ****ing horrible.

do they at least allow like revvy's?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:53 PM #90
cephas
shoot shoot What?

cephas has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I see no prob in that I have the full "tourney" set up but open plays are fun to mess around and have a good time there not a prac. So get a cocker or pump for the rec days and have fun.

I WOULD RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM THEN LOVED FOR WHO IM NOT - AT
Proud ex owner of a DARK DM4

cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:54 PM #91
mif_slim

STOP complaining you kids! When we first started playing, shake n bake hoppers were the fastest, if not the only hopper that exsisted! Just because you cant shoot worth crap and MUST rely on BPS to "get close" to a kill doesnt mean you start to whine. These type of hoppers will only increase your skill so I'd thank the field that came up with this rule. Kids these days just SPRAY AND PRAY instead of use tactics to win. At least these fields are bringing TACTIC back into the game. I'd give that field a 10+ on ratings just because of that simple rule.
mif_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 PM #92
jonotwist
MORE ENTHUSIASM

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmosser502 View Post
i actually like the idea. i play pump though. but it caps paint and makes the game much more enjoyable.
agreed

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose. Sometimes it's how many pages you add to the rulebook."

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:04 PM #93
WGP_junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsfan6239 View Post
Epic fail. Sucks for you buddeh :/

-Ramsfan6239
WGP_junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:10 PM #94
only4theweak187

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGP_junky View Post
LOl i like how the door with the stairway is open
Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 PM #95
silenthawk
₪ ø lll ·o.

silenthawk helped look for balloons
silenthawk is playing at Living Legends III
silenthawk owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
silenthawk supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkParris View Post
you got jipped if you paid that much.
I just bought a mini, and I got it for 350, a tank for 229, and a hopper for 90. With tax it comes to around 800 dollars. In canada, we get bad prices for paintball gear.

FOR SALE:

silenthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:56 PM #96
DemGeorgiaBoyzz
Dope Boy Magic.

DemGeorgiaBoyzz supports Empire
hahaha a mini
PBNBurninator (7:50:04 PM): Im like, mother ****er
PBNBurninator (7:50:09 PM): im a ****ing megamod
Ultimate Kidz
Junkeez
PNK
DemGeorgiaBoyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:18 PM #97
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbkid's pmr View Post
I really dont understand why fields do this i guarantee they will lose more customers because they cant use there 1000 dollars of gear+ at that field.
Its for REC play. If your playing w/ tournament players its not a problem. This is mostly for the walk-ons, so they don't get mowed down by experienced players, while they are using rentals.
fAllout_oMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:37 PM #98
Cheers!
Custom User Title

Cheers! supports Sherwood Forest
Cheers! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionic Moron View Post
no...Mini:350, Vlocity:$120, Tank: $200, New bolt: $70, new board: $150Right there thats 350+120=470+200=670+70=740+150=890

not to mention the other stuff
mini is 290 at local proshop, vlocity is 90, tanks are ranging from 120-200, bolts are no ****ing where near 70 (someone gimme a price), and a new board is usually like 100 at most...maybe more if you decide you want to buy into that virtue crap.

edit-bolts are 33.95 from new designs.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:48 PM #99
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
mini is 290 at local proshop, vlocity is 90, tanks are ranging from 120-200, bolts are no ****ing where near 70 (someone gimme a price), and a new board is usually like 100 at most...maybe more if you decide you want to buy into that virtue crap.

edit-bolts are 33.95 from new designs.
when the mini came out, they were $425
your store will get in a **** load of trouble for selling vlocitys for $90
depending on what bolt you buy, it could cost 70 bucks
for a APE board or a seventh element board, it will cost around 85 after shipping, tadao and virtue which are the two best will cost around 125

Now imagine this.
You are flipping through the channels, completely oblivious to the sport known as paintball. You see it on t.v and think it would be fun. Look up a local field in the phone book or on the internet, call up some buddies and get them all togather and go out to the field to play.

You rent a tippmann 98 with a 9oz tank and a scott mask. You and your buddies decide to split a case of paint getting a bag of 500 each. The ref gathers people up, explains the rules and you go out and play a few games and have a **** load of fun.

Some more people come over to play with you. Their guns look really cool and you ask about how much that set up cost. They tell you around $850 for everything.
You're sitting there thinking that the dude is a ******* for spending that much money on paintball.

3 2 1 the game starts, you step out to run to a bunker and you get shot 7 times buy a guy that is ramping. The same thing happens all day long. You're completely out gunned and you cannot do anything. At this point you're not having fun at all.

On the way home from the field you and your buddies talk and decide you would not try paintball again because some douche bag decided he wanted to go and kill the new guys instead of playing against players of his own caliber.

Legacy Liquids
Premium e liquid

Last edited by lp04 : 03-29-2008 at 07:57 PM.
lp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:25 PM #100
mif_slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danegerous View Post
What about the people who ONLY play recball? You must be a "typical" speedballer, because not everyone goes the route of playing rec, then making the step up to play speedball, then getting into tournaments. Some people enjoy playing in the woods just fine, and they enjoy the sport so much that they buy good gear and expect to use it. To say, "well, it will make you a better player" is a bull **** reason because the people who spent the money to buy the gear want to use their damn gear.

Keep in mind, they did buy the good gear for a reason in the first place- to get an edge on an opponent. So for a field to do this it's basically betraying all of the recballers who use force-feds (read: almost any mid-high end gun sold is told it needs a force fed hopper).

I guess the only alternative is to just not play at this field. I understand the reasons, but it would make much more sense to at least do a trial run of *saturday's being grav fed's* and *sunday's being force fed* to see what the outcome was.
First off, Im a rec player and Im sure we're just like you. I've played rec/woods for over 12 years and we play woods 85% of the time, the other are spent in speedball, but in local tournys we still come up top. Anyways, about buying the expensive stuff, yeah, you name it, our team has it. Halo's, Empire, Jr's, Angels, Timmys, Ego's, SP's. Together I think our team has over $16,000 worth. Each player's marker cost from $500-1000 and not to mention the back up markers and the other 2 or 3 markers that are also high end costing more then 700 or so.

Do we complain about grav fed hoppers as a rule? no, heck we even go to the extent of playing 1 shot per second and Hopper ONLY games so that it'll control our shooting. I'd say we win about 75-85% of the battles we play in woods ball, not bragging but other teams wants to play with us everytime we step on the field. Like I said, we're not bragging, its just whats happening. Its not about using the HIGH end stuff to play, its about the person next to you and that you know he/she will do what they have to to win the game and knowing that you will do the same.
Its not on the rules, its on how the players take it. If you cant adjust to the rules, dont go to that field, thou I would love that all field has that rule, then maybe it'll filter you and your guys who are hot head out of the system.

Now, to the second comment.

Saturday has diffrent turn out rates from Sundays. Cant compare them and say people dont show up for gravity fed days and show up for open class day. The fields I've played at, Saturdays are PACKED, sundays are DEAD...only a few come out to play. I've played over 20 fields up and down the westcoast, and that is excluding the private games.
mif_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 PM #101
Chillywillie

Chillywillie plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Chillywillie is an NCPA player
Chillywillie plays in the APPA D3 division
if you all are really mad about gravity

theres this thing on ebay just type in gravity hopper and it claims to have a gravity feed hopper the feeds 11 .6 bps
Old 03-30-2008, 10:19 PM #102
WGPBaller91 (Banned)

i wouldnt mind it too much since i use pocket hoppers and soon to be a stick feed.
WGPBaller91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:28 PM #103
cutstep
Minnesota

cutstep is playing at Living Legends III
cutstep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
there are a few people on here that have said 'if you cant take six shots then you are a *****" ... this is what I have to say to those people...... YOU ARE THE ONE KILLING THIS SPORT!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont care how tough a person is when they start playing paintball... if they get shot up all day long and laughed at by other players then they wont want to play again.... its really that simple.... what is the matter with you people
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:59 PM #104
Robert-

Gravity fed only? Fail.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:51 AM #105
TRYMY4.0

i think thats fair. if its TRUE rec players with rentals and gravity, let it be fair.
TRYMY4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote