Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-22-2004, 11:19 PM #106
devilchild1722

i totally forgot about this thread, but since i somehow stumbled back to it........

in november i won a 2003 shocker, it's a GREAT gun if you like getting 700 shots off of a 68/45 or blowing seals in the middle of a game. also, it's got so much blowback that it wont feed without a halo, balls will actually hover in the feedneck of an egg. needless to say, i got rid of it pretty fast.

as for the shocker being unique in sealing the chamber a split second before a shot, rainmakers did this first. in my mind its a sad day when you steal a design feature from brass eagle then claim to have invented it yourself. in fact, you could even make a stacked tube blow-back back making the bolt long enough to seal the ball in the barrel before the hammer hits the valve, but give the hammer enough back travel so the bolt clears the feedtube during recock.

in reality, the "patented" feature smart parts calls "SFT" is an o-ring strategically placed on the tip of the bolt. real innovative, because nobody has ever done that before. maybe it's a "patented" o-ring that makes balls shoot farther, flatter, and more acurately than guns without o-rings on the tips of their bolts.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2004, 04:12 PM #107
shulacker

uhh, this has all been discussed on the shocker forum's, go there if you wanna *****, but people know all of this already, and they can all be easily fixed
Old 02-03-2004, 12:16 AM #108
morca007

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPopTart
Im not hating on the products, most of whom are of decent quality, I am hating on the boneheads who run the company and are calling the shots.
me too
Old 02-03-2004, 10:03 AM #109
seemlessstate
Custom User Title

has been a member for 10 years
seemlessstate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seemlessstate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
seemlessstate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
this has nothing to do with the nerve but i love the piggly wiggly link poptart....!
Old 02-04-2004, 03:54 AM #110
ricecrispi28

ricecrispi28 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think in the paintball we been used to all these sypder clones and clone this clone that, its not a problem.
It's good for us and not so great for companies. But the paintball industry is growing and growing. There's a big enough pie for everyone and innovation is the key to success. SP just wants a monoply over electronics-pnuematics and paintball.
These broad copyrights are funny. It's like patent a tire or a light or a fridge. There patent so broad I'm surprised they were given out. It's also why I think these companies aren't winning, but they are just trying to run small companies into the ground with legal fees

I must add the ICD issues is just ludicrious. Suing a company because of a patent is okay. It's legal but they cloned ICD's gun, pathetic and predatory. That's why SP stinks,
Old 02-04-2004, 08:51 AM #111
BigCountry77
ßanned

Quote:
Originally posted by Treghc
I think das explained that the bolt does not stop moving... this means it doesn't "pause." But, because of the spool valve design, it is literally impossible for air to be let out before the bolt is all the way forward. Here's a matrix animation to give you an idea of what I'm saying (since they use the same spool valve design, they're almost identical)

If you are familiar with the laws of physics youll see that it does pause.....anything reversing its motion pauses for a miniscule split second in time...although it probably isnt long enough for the balls motion to stop, therefore its still open bolt...and in theory if the shocker was called closed bolt any open bolt marker could be marketed as such...unless the shocker has timing to pause the bolt in the forward position longer...and/or only release air at that point in time

My Feedback
Old 02-04-2004, 11:09 AM #112
CharlieBerger

Its all about business and the $Bling$.

I hope SP cashes in on the violatin' bastards!
Old 04-01-2004, 01:33 PM #113
xx69xx

Dude this is wring

Sp shouldnt be eliminating competition like that cause if they do pretty soon all of paint ball will be owned by one comapny.and i wont have it like that.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:53 PM #114
PinkPaiintMan

sp sucks dick get a life anyone who owns the shocker i bought one and it shot like sh1t so say what you will i will never buy another sp gun again

P.S. if it has first shot drop of bounces like hell has no range is a gas hog it is not a good gun.

Last edited by PinkPaiintMan : 05-28-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:54 PM #115
Ineedanewgun

SP might be the smartest company in the paintball industry business wise. Business doesn't call for morales, it calls for smart moves to undermine your oppoents. Look at the microsoft scandal. Almost every computer company i can think of uses Windows or some type of windows complatible programing. Impulses might be blain coloring, but they shoot nice as hell too. So shove it.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:40 PM #116
paintentheworld689

Well dang, looks like i shoulda have joined this fight earlier, arguing is so much fun.

Heres what i think, take it or leave it. A while back someone said everyone in this world is a materialist. Truest words i have ever heard. ALL people are selfish and those who claim to help others only do it becuase it makes them feel good ( a property of selfishness.)
I don't know the facts on this lawsuit and i wont claim to. But it sounds to me like smart parts is taking what is rightfully theirs, why, bcz they can and they want what everyone else does, to be rich.
So what if marker prices jump a little? Aren't they already high??
The people who own these high price markers are either rich kids or people who have jobs and can pay for them and wont mind a slight price increase.
Anyone who says smart parts products sucks is ignorant. For the price, their stuff is really good. Mostly the only people who dis smart parts are the people who have Angels and Timmy's and other high end electros, and yea SP guns will suck compared to them. Just like i hate every gun under my cocker, doesnt make them suck, its just not as good as what i own. Either that or the person has had a problem with a smart parts product, but hey, this is an industry everything is hit or miss. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you get a bad one, some times its user error. I havent seen a person not have a problem with a smart parts gun, however, the same can be said about EVERY GUN, you can dispute that with "o well my gun never has any problems blahblah blah" the point is every marker at some point in time will have something that you dont like about it, if thats the case, fix it with something you do like and quit whinning to manufactoror for faulty products, u get what you pay for.
As for the people boycottin and quitting paintball, i believe another person said anyone who quits paintball bcz of some freakin lawsuit that wont affect us, is a moran and didn't love the game anyway. If you already own one of these guns thats under fire bcz of the lawsuit IT WILL NOT AFFECT YOU!!

You can call me and idiot and i will most likely agree with you, this fighting is senseless and my only purpose it to try to help people see from both sides of the fence.
Som smart parts products are good, some have their downfalls.
Their lawsuit is legal, but dumb and o well if they win, power to the ppl who want them to.
O well if they loose, power to the ppl that want them to.
My only point is why should it matter to people who it doesnt affect. Smart parts will not change what they are doin because we are whinning about how dumb they are, nor will they stop what they are doing because of a few retards who quit paintball because of what they are doing.
I say anyone who is dumb enough to acually have an argument about this needs to get up from the computer, load of a hopper and some pods, fill your tank , and go to a feild and play. Paintball isnt about arguing, its about fun. WHats smarts parts is doin will not affect your playing, so stop worrying about it.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:16 AM #117
stifler

First off let me say that I am completely indifferent to the SP lawsuits but it has more effect than you think- AKA stopped making the ****ing vikings and excals because of this. A company stopped making a really good gun because of this- that a pretty big side effect. But I don't really care because I don't shoot a viking anyway. I shoot an 03 shocker and I think everything else SP makes is ****. Impulses are slow, heavy ugly. I measured SS inserts with a bore micrometer and not a single size was right. They were either smaller than what their size indicator said or they were larger. So I shoot Stiffi barrels-4 of em. By the way if you are looking for a good barrel go with stiffi

I think painttheworld made a good point, stop your *****in cause no matter if SP wins or loses it won't affect you (unless you plan on getting a viking).I don't like their products-except for my 03 shocker- but I could care less wether SP sticks around 20 years from now or
if they go about of business tomorrow I really don't give a ****. And you really shouldn't care either. I'm not really concerned about the "well being" of paintball. So long as I can go hurt people every Sunday I'm satisfied.

Devilchild you little *****, you never owned a shocker. How do I know that? Maybe, just maybe .. it's because i've owned one for 6 months now. I've never blew a seal in the middle of game or at all, period. And that is with all the stock seals and I have shot over 20 cases of paint through it.. The most obvious lie you told (beside the fact that you said you actualy owned an 03 shocker)is the remark about blowback. Hmm. the shocker has no blowback-at all- period. That's not an opinion it's a fact, the blowback just isn't there. But since you're an airsmith and a ref I'm sure you done the blowback test before, right? You now the one when you take a sheet of toilet paper or tissue, lay it over the feedneck, then shoot your gun. The shocker is the only gun I've ever shot where the tissue doesn't move AT ALL. But even though it can't even make a ripple in a tissue it's strong enough to hold painballs up right? Well that makes sense. You ****tard the shocker bolt doesn't even have an oring on the tip of it, The SFT oring is located right after the breech.Shut the **** up *****
Old 05-30-2004, 03:39 PM #118
paintentheworld689

AMEN STIFLER!!!!! Now can we get back to the topic at hand, does anyone know anything WORTH WHILE bout this nerve? Other than why they arent realeasing it, bcz we all oviously know why.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:40 PM #119
sleepyflyd8806
..straight baller..

You all are so cool i love mnen

stl is small but us ballers still do it all.
we hit the mall, we drink it all, we always gonna smoke it all....

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=708714 -my feedback
Old 07-02-2004, 02:54 PM #120
Dave

Dave is a founding member
Dave owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
You guys ever think that SP hasn't released the Nerve yet because it sn't finished yet, not because of some crazy conspiracy involving legalities, etc. From what I know they are very close, they have working internals, and the externals are done too, now they are putting the two together.

SP has plenty of stuff to keep their machines running and cash coming in, they really aren't in any rush to get this thing out.

dave

Cousinspaintball.com
shopcousins.com
Old 07-02-2004, 05:33 PM #121
sleepyflyd8806
..straight baller..

im w/ dave and the post above his...i dont even know who did it lol but yea id rather wait a while before it comes out then have them rush it and it have bugs...

stl is small but us ballers still do it all.
we hit the mall, we drink it all, we always gonna smoke it all....

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=708714 -my feedback