Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 PM #1
Wolffyhardt

Wolffyhardt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wolffyhardt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wolffyhardt has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Sniper auto trigger problems

I just bought a Sniper on here, and when I got it the auto trigger arm and cam weren't installed. When I tried just putting it on and hoping itd work easily, it seemed like the trigger wasn't pulling far enough to trigger it. You couldn't fire it.

I was hoping someone would have some advice, as I'm just not that familiar with teching pumps yet, and I wasn't planning on having to do this.

Thanks guys..
Wolffyhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 PM #2
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Just like any upgrade, it has to be adjusted once installed.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:14 AM #3
Wolffyhardt

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Just like any upgrade, it has to be adjusted once installed.
Thanks for the insight... It comes with the gun however, so I'm guessing you're not using the term upgrade very strictly.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 AM #4
Cromer611

Cromer611 is BST Trusted
Cromer611 plays in the PSP
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I remember a friend trying to mess around with the AT timing a while back. His gun was shooting before he messed with it, then he had the same issue you had for a while. Turns out he just kept drinking with it and eventually got it to work. Sorry I don't have any helpful information bro. But I do know its adjustable and he was going the wrong way at first.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 AM #5
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffyhardt View Post
Thanks for the insight... It comes with the gun however, so I'm guessing you're not using the term upgrade very strictly.
Ok, it's an optional upgrade or it would have come tuned from the factory
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM #6
wonderchicken

wonderchicken supports Ninja Paintball
Make sure you can pull the trigger all the way with the cam positioned properly. Then set the arm on the cam and steel pump rod. Make sure the steel tip on the rod that the arm locks on is sticking straight out, not tilted up or down. Test the pump to make sure the marker cycles. Test the auto trigger. If it doesn't work, you may need to adjust the hammer lug by removing the bolt and using an Allen wrench on the hammer. That controls the tipping point or the trigger sear.

Good luck.
wonderchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM #7
Wolffyhardt

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Ok, it's an optional upgrade or it would have come tuned from the factory
It does, as I said I bought it on here. The previous owner removed it, because of a tournaments restrictions. You've been a big help.

Thanks to the above, I'll try just messing with it some more
Old 11-15-2012, 02:00 PM #8
wonderchicken

Keep in mind, there's pretty much only one way to put in the cam and still pull the trigger. Once that's in you can attach the arm (don't screw it in yet) and check to see if you can complete a pump stroke. Then screw it tight and check to see if the hammer lug needs to be adjusted for the autotrigger to work.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM #9
dajones70

I am having a simliar problem. My valve screw has loosened up completely so air leaked out very fast. I took the gun apart to fix this and clean everything. Now my AT arm is not lining up. When the cam is in the proper place for the trigger to fire, the AT arm is about 3/4 of an inch forward. When looking at the left side of the gun, it would normally be in the 11 'oclock position to match up with the pump rod. Mine is in the 10 'oclock position roughly. I can't imagine what I could have put back together wrong to get it this far off.
dajones70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:22 PM #10
dajones70

Well. Nevermind. I was able to adjust the hammer lug and get it working. It still seems like the cam position is about 15 degrees off from letting the trigger go the most distance but it's working like before now so I won't mess with it any more.
dajones70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 PM #11
wonderchicken

You don't need to pull the trigger all the way to shoot, just enough to trip the sear to let the hammer go. For my sniper, the cam and arm restrict the very last 1/16 inch of the trigger pull but it shoots just fine. Just like yours. As long as it works and its a smooth pump stroke and trigger pull, it'll be fine I believe. Same as the autotrigger mechanism.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:30 AM #12
anomuly
ERMEGERD

anomuly owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
anomuly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anomuly has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Look on the pin for the auto trigger, there's grooves on it that you need to align perfectly. If the trigger isn't in the pin right, you cant pull the trigger.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:24 PM #13
Sylow

I have the same damn problem but not matter where or how I adjust the bolt the trigger pull is too far apart to even try to put the AT to the sliding rod??? Other than that the gun shoot fine without the AT?
Sylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:32 PM #14
anomuly
ERMEGERD

anomuly owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
anomuly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anomuly has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylow View Post
I have the same damn problem but not matter where or how I adjust the bolt the trigger pull is too far apart to even try to put the AT to the sliding rod??? Other than that the gun shoot fine without the AT?
You have to match the grooves on the AT with the pin. If you dont the trigger will hit solid metal and not activate a thing.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:52 PM #15
WaynoWooHoo
One Shot

The auto trigger cam can only be aligned one way or it wont work. If it doesn't work you need to turn it till it does, the cam part facing toward the front of the gun. Then the auto cam lug should be adjusted to where the gun fires just as the front of the bolt seals the foreward side of the breach when holding down on the auto trigger. You also whant to make sure that when you have the pump handle all the way back that the bolt clears the backside of the breach fully. This can be adjusted by adjusting pump rod arms threading into the sled or by removing the little ureathane bumper from behind the spring in the pump handle if you need a lot of adjustment. By adjusting both the foreward and reward positions of your bolt you will get a very nice pumpstroke and reliable feeding while A/T ing.
WaynoWooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote