jlj37592 supports our troops
jlj37592 plays in the APPA beginner division
jlj37592 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jlj37592 is Boss
jlj37592 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
Terrible idea , don't do this .

If I can sell a gun in 1 week on eBay vs 3 weeks on amazon you really think I am going to keep listing on amazon because every 25 guns I sell I pay maybe 8$ less in fees .

If you want a rewards program pbnation needs to take a cut of every sale and I'm not sure they are ready with a payment system and the liability and overhead of that .

Think about pbnation , 1 free gold up per 25 sales looses them money . They shouldn't do it

Think about it from the seller , your going to sell **** due to a lame rewards program or where you move it the fastest . Hell you would go to Walmart if you could sell your guns to other players in a 2 hour swap meet on Thursdays
I highly doubt Gold Ups cost PBN anything. This scenario only creates the opportunity for more traffic in the forums(because that is what we are discussing). More traffic = PBN gets paid by the ad companies that support the site. The increase in traffic will also allow PBN to increase the charge on their ad spaces if need be.
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2014, 01:06 AM #212
impulseballer42586
What can Blue do for you?

impulseballer42586 is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
impulseballer42586 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
I meant that only people who meet that criteria can sell items there, but anyone can buy from them and see it

Step #1 - Go Here
Step #2 - Read This
Step #3 - Don't talk about fight club
impulseballer42586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:04 AM #213
1dayteam120

1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
I think it should be similar to how the pros have it. They get their own section where only they can post and anyone can go into and look however they can also post in regular electronic guns, that would be a nice perk. The real benefit of it would be more people who don't trust people with low feedback can go there and know they are safe(er) than dealing with someone with almost no feedback. You shouldn't be secluded to only that forum to post but it should be like asm BST where it's just another place you can post. I say make it anyone with 100 + positive feedback gets to post there. Anyone with 200+ gets their name in a different color, and so on and so forth until you get like 300 or 400 then everyone gets the same after a certain point

What's everyone else's thoughts on that?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:13 AM #214
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post
I meant that only people who meet that criteria can sell items there, but anyone can buy from them and see it
You would have to set that criteria very low, or you would loose a majority of sellers.

I've always wanted a search by price feature, which requires the seller to post a definite price (perhaps not in the post, but in another text box) Even craigslist has this feature; why can pbn?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:31 AM #215
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomette View Post
Bottom line is pbnation has gone to crap....nobody is really on here anymore, alot of old school supporters are using facebook bst groups which is much easier nowadays and is free advertising, unless pbnation starts lowering its prices for gold ups and asm I dont see it coming back strong, the damage from the sell out is done, and this site has gone to hell via pawn shop pricing members and lil brats that dont buy their own guns, while change is always good, hopefully it changes, when I use to get 10-15 offers a day in gold ups ......im lucky if I get 2-3 now per day that arent pawn shop lowballs .....not willing to invest in these type of offers per day anymore, things have to change
sounds like you, as the seller, are failing to realize market changes. Its not the site's fault when you expect near retail offers when everyone knows the economy, and therefore especially the paintball market, isn't strong.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 AM #216
Umami
Hitmanimal

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
If anything for bst you want more exposure to sell things quicker and more organized searching so your views are more interested in your listings .
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
You would have to set that criteria very low, or you would loose a majority of sellers.

I've always wanted a search by price feature, which requires the seller to post a definite price (perhaps not in the post, but in another text box) Even craigslist has this feature; why can pbn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
We've considered drop downs in the past, but it would limit people to one item per thread. Is that an acceptable trade off?
Alright, so how about this.

When you post in the B/S/T, you fill in the title of the thread however you want (pretty much as it is now). Then, you get the option of a user selectable number of text boxes; each text box is for a certain item, and that set of search terms has an associated price. You can gold up either the whole thread to be prioritized in general browsing, and/or gold up specific sets of search terms to be prioritized in searches. If you associate a single price with your thread title and gold up the whole thread, you get prioritized in both.

Gold ups on the thread vs. the different search terms are different prices, and could scale in different combinations of the number/type of gold ups purchased etc.

Or some permutation on those parameters.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:55 AM #217
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Team_ILLNatured is a founding member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Team_ILLNatured supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Alright, so how about this.

When you post in the B/S/T, you fill in the title of the thread however you want (pretty much as it is now). Then, you get the option of a user selectable number of text boxes; each text box is for a certain item, and that set of search terms has an associated price. You can gold up either the whole thread to be prioritized in general browsing, and/or gold up specific sets of search terms to be prioritized in searches. If you associate a single price with your thread title and gold up the whole thread, you get prioritized in both.

Gold ups on the thread vs. the different search terms are different prices, and could scale in different combinations of the number/type of gold ups purchased etc.

Or some permutation on those parameters.
That would make searching the BST via search tab easier I think, although writing the code for it could be a nightmare
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:19 AM #218
trancer23
Angel Collector

is playing at Living Legends XI
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
trancer23 is Legendary
Quote:

You guys don't get it , to sell **** or trade **** you need 1 really interested people and 2 really interested people with money 3 a lot of those people in a short time .
This is where we disagree, and I see this attitude as part of the problem.
Your steps are exactly correct for flippers and for sellers maximizing profit.

Neither of which are good in my opinion. The paintball community is more about helping each other, good deals for both the buyer and seller.

So you need
1. Item for sale at a fair price
2. 1 buyer making a fair offer

If you want maximum price, go to ebay. I would rather pbn stay like a yard sale/swap meet. More fun, great deals, less drama, less people trying to rip others off

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 AM #219
Umami
Hitmanimal

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_ILLNatured View Post
That would make searching the BST via search tab easier I think, although writing the code for it could be a nightmare
Well I don't really know what VBulletin allows, but in most high-level languages I don't think it'd be bad.

It seems like a solid starting point that allows for multiple items in one thread and searching by price, with enhanced gold ups and advertising opportunities.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:09 AM #220
seaskimmer
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at earlier.

There needs to be dedicated text fields for stuff like Item, Brand, Model, Price, etc. This would allow for filtering, sorting and a search system that delivers what you're actually looking for.
However, you would have to enforce people setting real prices so people can't list as $1 just so their listing shows up first. Also, you would have to prevent people from keyword spamming, like on youtube, so their result always shows up in search.

As for the stores thing... I think stores or users who have 50 or more feedback should be able to post in a special section, almost like a trusted bst subforum. All users would be able to view it, but you must meet certain requirements to start a new thread. This would be a place where bst newbies could come and buy from reputable user/dealer, without worry of getting scammed.
seaskimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:27 PM #221
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
This is where we disagree, and I see this attitude as part of the problem. Your steps are exactly correct for flippers and for sellers maximizing profit. Neither of which are good in my opinion. The paintball community is more about helping each other, good deals for both the buyer and seller. So you need 1. Item for sale at a fair price 2. 1 buyer making a fair offer If you want maximum price, go to ebay. I would rather pbn stay like a yard sale/swap meet. More fun, great deals, less drama, less people trying to rip others off
You want a liquid market .

On eBay there is no getting jerked around you hit commit to buy and it's done . No I'll give you tree fiddy posts and the endless pm battle. You set your listing up once do it right and after a while there's money in your account and you ship it the next day . Perfect .

Same with buying a gun . And there's no I was busy because it will ship next week **** . if your handling time is consistently within 1 day you pay less fees on eBay .

But this would take pbn to control bst more and act like the middleman which I'm not sure they are ready to do or Want to do . What pbn affords that others don't is trading . If they can commercialize or gain money on that that would be awesome . Similar to how john does the 3rd party thing. The problem is I doubt you could find a lot of people to be 3rd parties and I doubt the margins high enough to really put forth a great effort . You would have to do it because you want to not to make bank.

And I call bull**** on your garage sale analogy . If your in the market for a macdev gti in dust black and you see one for 625$ on eBay vs 800$ here your going to want to pay 175$ more because of pbnation ? Bull**** for 95% of buyers you want to pay the lowest price possible for the same qualities and for sellers you want the highest price possible . Hence why so many *******s here tell people to gift paypal payments which is completely absurd .
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:39 PM #222
1dayteam120

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
You would have to set that criteria very low, or you would loose a majority of sellers. I've always wanted a search by price feature, which requires the seller to post a definite price (perhaps not in the post, but in another text box) Even craigslist has this feature; why can pbn?
because then people are selling a dm14 for $1 but when u ask about shipping it's $1000
Old 06-10-2014, 02:58 PM #223
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post
Maybe a section for only people with better than 100 or some other amount of positive feedback?
I like that idea. Only thing is make sure it is a min of say 75 sales feedback. Otherwise you will have little kids buying $2 items to get 100 feedback all from buying instead of selling.

Because selling takes more credibility as you have received the payment already..
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 PM #224
1dayteam120

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
I like that idea. Only thing is make sure it is a min of say 75 sales feedback. Otherwise you will have little kids buying $2 items to get 100 feedback all from buying instead of selling. Because selling takes more credibility as you have received the payment already..
now I like that idea. Never honestly thought of that, selling Atleast makes someone legit because you know they are interactive and shipping what they sell.
Edit

Also I would rather have 75 selling feedback then 100 cumulative
Old 06-10-2014, 04:43 PM #225
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayteam120 View Post
because then people are selling a dm14 for $1 but when u ask about shipping it's $1000
Which is why when I search craigslist for things I put in a reasonable price range. It removes all those idiots posting things for $1 just to get attention.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:16 PM #226
1dayteam120

people all the time on here sell stuff stupid low because they don't know what its worth. I bought an hb white flex frames for $8 once lol
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 AM #227
MikeSantor
Wub Wub Wub

Its come a long way since the home of deer gore...
MikeSantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:45 AM #228
1dayteam120

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSantor View Post
Its come a long way since the home of deer gore...
Lmfao I had totally forgot about that
Old 06-11-2014, 11:53 AM #229
$$ Eg0Maniac $$
TurBLOWN

plays in the NXL
$$ Eg0Maniac $$ plays in the APPA D4 division
$$ Eg0Maniac $$ supports DLX Technology
$$ Eg0Maniac $$ owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
very excited about this personally
Old 06-11-2014, 01:27 PM #230
GhostJedai
I push buttons

GhostJedai owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
GhostJedai has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is Legendary
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VI
GhostJedai supports Empire
okay, this explains the two charges I found on my Paypal, this morning. What I don't get, however, is what happened to my ASM membership. I know it was set to expire, but it should have auto-renewed (which is what seems to have happened with a $29.99 payment), but I can't access the ASM forum.
Christ Krew #17
GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:22 PM #231
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostJedai View Post
okay, this explains the two charges I found on my Paypal, this morning. What I don't get, however, is what happened to my ASM membership. I know it was set to expire, but it should have auto-renewed (which is what seems to have happened with a $29.99 payment), but I can't access the ASM forum.
Post in Bug Reports right away with the transaction number. That's not good.

Was the other charge BST Trust? Let me know if that expires and doesn't renew properly on the site as well.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.