Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2003, 12:37 PM #22
hooha

Can I use any plain old o-ring from the hardward store, or does it have to be some special version for high-pressure air? What about epoxy resin instead of superglue gel?

thanks.
hooha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2003, 06:47 PM #23
*Leb*

Just go buy some DURO industrial strength super glue remover. It works amazingly.
*Leb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 07:14 PM #24
brodude2002
werd

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by brodude2002
this breach o-ring probelm doesnt happen to lcds does it?

-werd
brodude2002
Old 09-14-2003, 09:53 PM #25
dUCt TapE BANNED-IT!

to say the least, after trying this mod on my own gun...IT F'ING ROCKS HARDCORE!!!! i must say that it makes an incredible difference, and makes your gun VERY quiet (in angel terms) -near matrix IMO.

AWESOME! everyone do this mod- NOW!!!

i used a valve o-ring from a M98 parts kid, it was oversized and too thick at first- to the point where it was almost impossible to close the breech, but i sanded it down with my dremmel.
dUCt TapE BANNED-IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 11:32 PM #26
MoogLe
Life = Piece of cheese

MoogLe plays in the PSP
MoogLe owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
MoogLe plays in the APPA D4 division
MoogLe supports Ninja Paintball
think this would make a difference on an ir3?
Old 09-15-2003, 12:11 AM #27
ft57

ft57 is a Supporting Member
Yes. I once talked to Avalancher and WDP certified tech Jingle Rapiz @ Warped Sportz L.A. and he pointed out that a larger durometer o-ring would really help the Angel LCDs and IR3s!!
ft57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 12:24 AM #28
skeletar
The Shootist

Would that be Ollie lang's Speed?
Thanks for the tip ft, I will be trying this as soon as I get my marker back.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:40 AM #29
ft57

Nope, just an out of the box, tuned-up Speed.... it's a super reliable machinegun! Remember, only Angel markers can be called machineguns.

FYI, this www.GeneralJoes.com O-ring Mod makes the Speed sound and feel sooooo much quieter and smoother! It just feels like you're shooting a solid weapon that's super high quality and build. I cannot emphasize how much better it feels and shoots.

BTW, MAD PROPS TO THE DUCT TAPE BANDIT FOR USING HIS GENIUS TO DO THIS MOD AND MAKE IT WORK! :TUP: :TUP:

Update: an o-ring remover/dental pick can be used to chip/break the dried super glue gel or regular super glue. In other words, the dried superglue can be easily removed... very easy.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:27 PM #30
brodude2002
werd

Quote:
Originally posted by ft57
Yes. I once talked to Avalancher and WDP certified tech Jingle Rapiz @ Warped Sportz L.A. and he pointed out that a larger durometer o-ring would really help the Angel LCDs and IR3s!!
would u happen to know wut size for a LCD?

-werd
brodude2002
Old 09-15-2003, 06:55 PM #31
skeletar
The Shootist

Here's a quote from Ken Crane of Performanceangel.com
I asked if this mod was a good idea. Decide for yourself

" it makes the breech too high on the gun,by doing this you will wear the bolt/body off center.
Te guns are "line bored"and are cut as one if you change the alignment uneven wear begins."

Makes sense to me.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:36 PM #32
MoogLe
Life = Piece of cheese

MoogLe plays in the PSP
MoogLe owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
MoogLe plays in the APPA D4 division
MoogLe supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally posted by skeletar

" it makes the breech too high on the gun,by doing this you will wear the bolt/body off center.
Te guns are "line bored"and are cut as one if you change the alignment uneven wear begins."

Makes sense to me.
yea i was thinking it would cause some wear to the bolt/body, good to get some confirmation
Old 09-15-2003, 07:48 PM #33
Hey_Zues69

Thank god I didn't do that then... Hey, I got an offer for my Speed to trade for a AKALMP Viking w/ WAS board and ACE. Think I should do it? I tried it out, and its alright, but I could resell the sucka and buy my Dust Blue Speed.
Hey_Zues69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:29 PM #34
C]-[iLDe
Fly Or Die

C]-[iLDe is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Hey_Zues69
Thank god I didn't do that then... Hey, I got an offer for my Speed to trade for a AKALMP Viking w/ WAS board and ACE. Think I should do it? I tried it out, and its alright, but I could resell the sucka and buy my Dust Blue Speed.
wait wait wait.

so youre going to trade your speed for another gun, so you can sell that gun and get a speed?

Makes perfect sense.

Having difficulty deciphering my extensive vocabulary? Click HERE
C]-[iLDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:03 AM #35
skeletar
The Shootist

Makes sense if he can make a profit. Was your speed purchased new or used?
Only way it would make sense: Trades his used speed straight up for the viking, then turns around and sells the viking for 1000$, when he bought the speed for 830 or so.....
Makes sense to me....

Now, if your speed was purchased new, you could probably still sell the viking for a good amount over the cost of your speed, because they are very hard to get right now with WAS.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:24 AM #36
ft57

Quote:
Originally posted by skeletar

Makes sense to me.
Yes, the problem you quoted is VERY possible, because those of you who aren't doing it right are going to cause extra bolt wear. Still, what is "too high" if this o-ring is slightly wider than the stock gasket? How do I know that the breech is not sitting too high? Because we tested it to see if there was any extra friction to slow the bolt's forward and backward movement. This was done while the breech was in a closed position. Keep in mind thatwhen the breech is closed, the bolt sits forward and partly into the ball chamber area. Extra wear can be seen as a line if the breech is indeed misaligned, but there is no wear. If the o-ring was making the breech sit too high, then wouldn't the bolt get stuck and not be able to move forward when you try to move the bolt forward? The idea of this mod/upgrade is not to throw a big fat o-ring on there, it's to put a thicker material that is not as flimsy as the pyramid shaped protrusion that surrounds the perimeter of the exhaust valve. The stock gasket lets too much gas and noise escape, but this o-ring mod/upgrade is helping to create a better seal.

What should I do when my gasket keeps falling off, I lose it, and nobody around here is selling the replacement part? I know, use JB Weld to glue the breech closed.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:00 AM #37
ken crane
WDP MASTER TECH.

ken crane works for a Paintball manufacturer
guys, my point to skel was so he wouldnt do this mod to his gun.i spent 2 hours setting his speed up.i saw he wanted to do this and recomended that he not do this.i agree that if your seal has come off that its good to find somthing to replace it with if you cannot get the correct one.although the seal is important the alignment is more important.as long as the oring isnt too big it should work fine.the original seals are available at most service centers like mine,tags and the other angelowners.com sponsers as well as cobra and warped to name a few.i in no way was bashing the mod just pointing out a potential problem to a customer i have spent alot of time tunning his marker for, that we want working correctly.thanks for the oppertunity to cler this up.
ken crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:15 AM #38
dUCt TapE BANNED-IT!

how can i test it to know if its too thick?
dUCt TapE BANNED-IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:24 PM #39
FooSheezee

You will know if the oring is too big if the breech doesn't close correctly and if the bolt doesn't move too much (that is what mine did). just get an orign and sand it down a lil and then sandwhich it in (make sure it is in the right position) and then glue the biznohiznatch on.
nmpb
Feed Back
FooSheezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 01:44 AM #40
Juan

Alan Hanagata rules
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:33 PM #41
ft57

Update:
Alan has given me a few o-rings to give out to anybody who wants to try it out or who's stock breech o-ring has broken or fallen off, just PM me to confirm that I still have some left. I've shown this o-ring mod/upgrade to Jingle @ Warped Sportz and to Glen Forster at Warped L.A. They both like it and thought it's a great idea. I've checked and rechecked the breech for any misalignment and have found none. In fact, when I point the gun downwards, the bolt/hammer moves forward with no restrictions at all and vice versa. I'll keep you all posted on how well it continues to perform.

Update: all out of o-rings, I'll try to find the o-ring size so that you can get it at a hardware store or something.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:43 PM #42
XxstevexX
THE MOB

People Give props. to big allen hes a heck of a player and is a cool guy.

GO HOSTILE PLAGUE