Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2014, 11:56 AM #1
Bulldogs7

Got this from a friend, need helping IDing

Hello, I've been told this is a shocktech bushmaster, but it seems to be classified as an ICD Bushmaster here... Anyway, I would like info on the Generation, and how to fix the LCD

http://imgur.com/a/jRUFK

I recently took of the Air American Messiah HPR because it was leaking and put on an unknown regulator that I found laying around. I can post pics of that if needed.
The gun cycles, haven't tried to shoot because the braided hose is stretched to far with the new reg and leaks, so I'm working to find a new, longer one locally

Last edited by Bulldogs7 : 04-04-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: New, updated album of pics
Bulldogs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2014, 12:20 AM #2
maloneoni
The Ronin

It is a Shocktech b2k. If it is an LCD, I think that makes it a 2k2. Someone will have to confirm that.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 AM #3
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yes, its a B2K2 Shocktech LCD. nice find.

the LCD is difficult to "fix" without knowing what is wrong. it could be a loose wire, the board being put in backwards, or the board is fried.

the leak, depending on where it is, could be a cup seal, over pressurization, chipped or missing oring, bad noid or something else. would need to go through the gun to go through determine what exactly the problem is.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:49 PM #4
Bulldogs7

Thanks! I have a few more questions now,
First, how would I check what's wrong with the LCD? How could I check the board or if it's a loose wire or anything like you mentioned?
Second, what's the pressure supposed to be when it's aired up? Not positive but I think it's sitting at 500+, is that fine?
I'm pretty sure it's the braided hose because me and a buddy had to basically jam it on since it's shorter than it has to be, I'm getting some in the mail soon, and I have a different drop forward I'm gonna put it on, along with another ASA if I can find one
Old 04-06-2014, 02:59 PM #5
maloneoni
The Ronin

Five hundred might be a bit high.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:06 PM #6
Nobody609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs7 View Post
Thanks! I have a few more questions now,
First, how would I check what's wrong with the LCD?
new battery and turn it on.

Quote:
How could I check the board or if it's a loose wire or anything like you mentioned?
take off the tray, the grip frame and take off the grips to expose the harness. you want to make sure that the board is plugged in, the plug to the daughter board is plugged in, and the LCD wire is plugged into the daughter board. a loose wire is just a wire where its supposed to be plugged in, but is not were it should be.

Quote:
Second, what's the pressure supposed to be when it's aired up? Not positive but I think it's sitting at 500+, is that fine?
the gun operates at 200psi or so. turn down the reg. its better to start low and build up, that high and go down. the noid does not like it high.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's the braided hose because me and a buddy had to basically jam it on since it's shorter than it has to be, I'm getting some in the mail soon, and I have a different drop forward I'm gonna put it on, along with another ASA if I can find one
the hose is just a transfer of air, the gun doesn't care what length it is, just as long as there are no leaks.

if you are unsure about it, talk to me and i could possibly take a look at it.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:19 PM #7
Bulldogs7

How do I adjust the pressure with this regulator?
I'm assuming you're talking about the HPR and i don't see anyway to adjust on it... Am I missing something?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:05 PM #8
Nobody609

on the bottom of the Messiah reg, it either is a cap that unscrews to access the adjustment screw, or there is already a screw there to adjust.

the second reg, i don't know what is it, so i can't tell you how to do anything with it.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:28 PM #9
Bulldogs7

The messiah reg leaks, alot
Any way to fix that?
Ps, thanks for all the help dude, you're a lifesaver!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 AM #10
Nobody609

don't know Messiah regs that way, but it could be just a couple of orings, hopefully.

if you are unsure about checking this out, LMK. not that you can do any damage, but some of the parts used on it(like the noid and the LCD screen, daughter board and LCD harness) are expensive to replace. i do make new harnesses, and do work on these guns. i have a couple of guns that i am working on now, so i can't take on any new work ATM. they should be done this week, so by next week, i can take a look at this. you can always send it now, but it won't get looked at till after i'm done the work i already have.

so PM me and we can work on the details.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:51 PM #11
Bulldogs7

Sorry, I don't have the funds for that right now :/
I'm kinda just messing around with this gun because my old neighbor gave it to me for free and I want some experience messing with them before working on my real markers... If I can get it working it's a huge plus, but if not it's not a huge deal to me
Thanks for all the advice in the thread and if I ever change my mind I'll make sure to pm you
Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 PM #12
Nobody609

hmm, even though its 10 years old, in the right hands, they are more than capable and certainly real. remember, it only takes on ball to shoot someone, the hits don't mean anymore than something that costs $1000.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:41 PM #13
krupasjeans
happy day

Quote:
The messiah reg leaks, alot
Any way to fix that?
Ps, thanks for all the help dude, you're a lifesaver!
It depends on where it's leaking from.

If it's leaking around the braided hose someplace, then you should try to address that first.

If it's leaking out of the bottom of the reg, then it's the piston o-ring. Unscrew the cap on the bottom, then completely unscrew the silver reg adjustment cage. A spring should fall out, then grab the piston with some needle nose pliers and pull out. The piston o-ring should be right there. I have no idea what it is, but I'm sure you could bring it to a hardware store and probably find a suitable replacement there. The only other place a Messiah can leak other than the piston and input port would be the ASA screw in area or a burst disc.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:19 PM #14
Bulldogs7

It is leaking out of the bottom, however, when I unscrew it, the whole piston falls out with the spring, I don't have to pull it out, could that be part of it?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 PM #15
krupasjeans
happy day

Most likely part of the problem. The piston should have a large o-ring around it. If it does, it usually doesn't fall out. It it's missing, it needs to be replaced for the reg to work.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:51 AM #16
Nobody609

any progress with this?
Old 04-26-2014, 02:03 PM #17
Bulldogs7

Not at all :/
I honestly gave up, the O-Ring was in the piston, and it still didn't fit properly, I decided I didn't want to waste more time with a marker I'd hardly use, so I just put it aside for now, maybe one day I'll pick it up and fix it :/
Thanks for all the help in this thread though