ETEK 4 LT 7 41.18%
13' REFLEX RAIL 4 23.53%
ALIEN INVASION 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM #1
iLive4Christ
IM A JESUS FREAK.

Etek 4 Lt vs. Alien Invasion vs. 13' Reflex Rail

These will all be getting oled boards so boards do not matter.

MAJOR FACTORS

-Ergonomics

-Smoothness and Kick

-Durability and Reliability

-Ease of Maintenance
iLive4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 PM #2
Weroliera (Banned)

I have an axe
When I was debating the etek4 and axe every where I saw people stating how the etek was so loud
Please don'tet that kill the etek at all
I play speedball and have played with like 6 different etek 4s. He's they are louder than an axe but the paintballs hitting the blow up bunkers at 280 fps are much louder than the etek4 so wtf? If its louder than the axe. I think they look good and shoot good all you need is to underbore which I will be doing with my axe as soon as funds are available
Incase you wonder why I have an axe is the fact that it was designed to shoot brittle paint. A k a it won't break that many balls. It has a pillow tip bolt. To me this was a big deal. Maybe to you weighing less will be a bigger deal or maybe the reg shape is a big deal to you. Figure out what really matters to you when I figured out what I really wanted was when I had my clear choice
And I am not saying the etek4 or alien Kant shoot brittle paint I'm positive they do but the point that the axe was designed to shoot brittle paint made my choice stick to drum talks about the axe being designed as such in one of his axe videos
Weroliera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 PM #3
Straight Silver
Straightest of Them All

Straight Silver has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
(I've only used an etek and a rail)

Ergonomics: reflex rail. Without question. It the UL frame and boy does it feel good.

Smoothness and kick: Reflex Rail. It's a spool. The etek is a poppet. The rail is very smooth and quiet compared to the etek.

Durability and reliability: Etek. It's no secret Planet Eclipse guns are made to last. However, the rail comes metal while the etek is plastic (unless you get the $120 more metal version). So this could go either way.

Ease of maintenance: Etek. It's a poppet, one of their selling points is lower maintenance compared to a spool valve marker. You won't have to maintenance it as much as the reflex.

My choice (and what I ended up going with): Reflex Rail. The smoothness and quietness of the shot blew me away, while the ergonomics sold me. The thing is to die for in the hands. Throw on a dye NT regulator sleeve and a 45 degree hyper3 reg swivel and it only gets more comfortable. About the maintence. If you have the time to play for hours a given day, you have ten minutes to take the gun apart and clean it.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:17 PM #4
Osnare94

honestly i would get the Alien. I use to have an Etek never really like it. I got an alien indy which was 50 times better. Pros on the alien: smooth,good customer service in which the owner Jack will take his time to talk to you and talk you through things,ergos are good,better then egos,good on air,you do not need to upgrade at all.
cons: non
Osnare94 is offline   Reply With Quote