Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2009, 05:05 PM #1
allgrownup

SP1 with Blackhart compared to TM7

I've been wanting a TM7....for no other reason than I think they look cool. But then I got to thinking, after I found out their full auto is a NXL safety Full auto, that a SP1 with a Blackhart is actually a better setup, at about $150 less.

Am I correct in this observation, or does the TM7 with its stock board have something the SP1 with blackhart does not?
allgrownup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2009, 05:23 PM #2
RogueShooter

has been a member for 10 years
Well, we're kind of comparing apples to oranges here--- the TM7 is intended to be a milsim-oriented marker whereas the SP1 is strictly an entry-level scenario marker. If you really want to compare it, a loose comparison would be that the TM7 is a blackheart-ed SP1 that includes a milsim body kit and a stock, and an aftermarket bolt. So the price difference kinda works out.

But anyway, if you're not REALLY into the milsim thing, then my recommendation is the SP1 with the blackheart. I own both so I'd say I'm pretty qualified to make a fair judgement. The TM7 is a great marker, but I've had more issues with my TM than with my SP1. The SP1 is a little bit heavier and less efficient, but not enough to make the TM7 worth the extra money if you don't really really like the MP7 look, and especially if you don't really use a stock to begin with.

Keep in mind though, if you're basing this on the full-auto thing- FA is still outlawed at oh, 90% of fields so check with your local field before using it.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:30 PM #3
allgrownup

We play outlaw....FO is ok, as long as no one is shooting extreme bps. Plus, local field allows full auto, capped at 15 bps. I really don't need any more than the 11 bps, I just want the eyes, qev, and adjusable dwell. My old Ions were more efficent after I adjusted them.

I've heard TM/Minis have have more issues than the smart part platform. And you are right, I care nothing for the Mil Sim look.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:04 PM #4
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
SP1 with Blackheart hands down. TM has a very plasticy feel and has had some of the Mini issues.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:37 PM #5
drumnbassej1

I'd take the blackheart SP1 over the TM7. It's much easier to maintain. Plus with the money you'd save you could buy a good barrel kit or something else.
drumnbassej1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:25 PM #6
shadow11

and the TM7 it is easy to crimp wires when you take it apart and sp1 is easier to clean
shadow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 PM #7
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgrownup View Post
We play outlaw....FO is ok, as long as no one is shooting extreme bps. Plus, local field allows full auto, capped at 15 bps. I really don't need any more than the 11 bps, I just want the eyes, qev, and adjusable dwell. My old Ions were more efficent after I adjusted them.

I've heard TM/Minis have have more issues than the smart part platform. And you are right, I care nothing for the Mil Sim look.
I'm right there with you on the adjustable dwell- that was my big reason for getting the blackheart for my SP1s. Efficiency is especially important for you if you're playing outlaw since once you're out of air, you're pretty much done for the day or taking a ride to the nearest shop. I started using the Ion/SP8's for exactly the same reason when my team played more outlaw than field ball. Now, I need the efficiency to get the most out of my two 88ci tanks when I'm using my double SP1 rig. Was JUST making it to the end of the tanks with 14 pods and two 230 round hoppers, and I plan on carrying more when my setup is fully fleshed out.

And, like everyone else has said, the SP1 is hands down easier to clean and lube than the TM7.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 AM #8
robertseakykr

If you've got a budget, get the SP1 and blackheart. They shoot as nice as the TM7, though I think the SP1 is quite ugly and hard to do any cosmetic mods to, because of the reg. The other thing about the SP1 I don't like is the fact that it's center-fed...not sure why Smart Parts would do that with a tactical marker.
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:49 PM #9
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two

Killa Daddy Of Two is playing at Living Legends V
Killa Daddy Of Two owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Killa Daddy Of Two has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Killa Daddy Of Two is attending Decay of Nations VI
I am a proud owner of an SP1 with a virtue board, and the thing is awesome. It feels better, then the tm7, shoots just as well, and it is just nicer all around.

Why would one want a Blackheart board, instead of the Virtue? (i got it with the virtue preinstalled).

Take in mind, I play scenarios, not tourneys, and I am using a Vlocity JR on it. My goals are to keep things as quite as possible, fast as possible, but capacity isnt a big issue. (my previous marker is a Tac Capped, APE boarded A5).

So far it has the virtue, an L7 bolt, Virtue board, and Stiffi barrel. This the right direction?
Killa Daddy Of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:33 PM #10
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Zepulkinator supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Daddy Of Two View Post
I am a proud owner of an SP1 with a virtue board, and the thing is awesome. It feels better, then the tm7, shoots just as well, and it is just nicer all around.

Why would one want a Blackheart board, instead of the Virtue? (i got it with the virtue preinstalled).

Take in mind, I play scenarios, not tourneys, and I am using a Vlocity JR on it. My goals are to keep things as quite as possible, fast as possible, but capacity isnt a big issue. (my previous marker is a Tac Capped, APE boarded A5).

So far it has the virtue, an L7 bolt, Virtue board, and Stiffi barrel. This the right direction?
The Blackheart board comes with eyes and a new breech that is drilled for eyes and such. It also still has the option to have the "select fire" mode over the virtue.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:07 PM #11
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
and a QEV on the board to help with efficiency, something the Virtue doesn't.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 AM #12
VeS206

VeS206 is playing at Living Legends VII
VeS206 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Only advantage the Tm7 has is the weight. Other then that. I have a Sp1 with the blackhart. Id say the Sp1 has down!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 AM #13
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two

THanks guys, for the responses, and the intel... Looks like I might be selling a virtue board soon.. (thats ok, because I know 2 people with vibes that it would wonderfully for).

Is the weight difference really that noticable between a tm7, and an sp1? From what I noticed, I would be more willing to trade off a bit of extra weight on an sp1, (which is much lighter then my a5), for the strength, then use a tm7, and risk the shell/shroud getting messed up. Of the 3 tm7s I have came across, 2 of them had broken triggers, and 1 crack had a crack in the shroud.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:26 AM #14
Noltez
Ψ

If you're seeing 3 of 3 TM7's being broken, perhaps it's not a marker you want to own? They look great, but if they can't stand being used then .... perhaps it's best left on display?

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 PM #15
CaptainA
OK Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Daddy Of Two View Post

Sup Killa! Glad to see you made the jump to the SP1 Darkside.

I'm looking at the Blackheart, but I just bought a Metadyne so the wife may not like another expense.
CaptainA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:25 PM #16
OKC-Tripwire

Hey Killa! The virtue board works fine without a QEV...if you are using it with a Vlo Jr. you might want to turn it down to around 16-18 bps so it for sure keeps up with the loader without any issues. The eyes and QEV are negligeable parts unless you are going to be firing over 18bps. After that the QEV will definitely help in air efficency but under that you won't really notice much of a difference. The eyes are nice when you up the ROF but can become clogged if you break a few balls as well. Other than the eyes and QEV that can be used at the higher ROF's the virtue board pacs more bang for your buck and if you really, desperately want the eyes and QEV SP will sell the kit to you without the blackheart board as well.
OKC-Tripwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:28 PM #17
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC-Tripwire View Post
desperately want the eyes and QEV SP will sell the kit to you without the blackheart board as well.
The QEV is mounted to the Blackheart Board, so I doubt they will sell it separate from the board.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:16 PM #18
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC-Tripwire View Post
Hey Killa! The virtue board works fine without a QEV...if you are using it with a Vlo Jr. you might want to turn it down to around 16-18 bps so it for sure keeps up with the loader without any issues. The eyes and QEV are negligeable parts unless you are going to be firing over 18bps. After that the QEV will definitely help in air efficency but under that you won't really notice much of a difference. The eyes are nice when you up the ROF but can become clogged if you break a few balls as well. Other than the eyes and QEV that can be used at the higher ROF's the virtue board pacs more bang for your buck and if you really, desperately want the eyes and QEV SP will sell the kit to you without the blackheart board as well.
The Vlo is Virtue boarded... (had to have the better battery life)...

Still considering the Blackheart.. just to not have to worry about Shootdown, and keep up the higher ROF without worries.. Besides, I have a buyer already on the Virtue board.

Yes Captain A, I got the Sp1 that Trip was selling.. So far, very happy with it.. was shooting ropes out at the house with some old paint, and no breaks. This paint wouldve been toast in the a5...

As far as that Metadyne is concerned... very hotness... (looking at them too, not too sure of the tiny threads on it..might weight until breach load mod comes out)
Old 02-05-2009, 08:57 PM #19
Goya

sp1 with virtue board

Buy a qev for the vurtue board its only 20 bucks. The board has more programable options.
Goya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:46 PM #20
OKC-Tripwire

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
The QEV is mounted to the Blackheart Board, so I doubt they will sell it separate from the board.
I already talked to them about it.....they will sell it seperately. It's not hard mounted to the board.
OKC-Tripwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 PM #21
allgrownup

But....how do you plan to get eyes?