PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-15-2004, 08:09 PM #43
donut989

has been a member for 10 years
It was bad in San Diego. HB was dope because NXe sponsored it and you know NXe won't put on a crappy place.

So much for sitting in the grandstands for finals either.

Sucks for the people that paid for those VIP's. I would be pissed also.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2004, 10:37 PM #44
islandboi
LEGEND

my friends dad payed for em so I t was pretty much free for me but it sucks that he had to waste so much money It was cool the first day i did it just because I didn't know how much he paid. I was just glad about the free bawls over all not worth it the view was horrible! They wouldn't even let us past the white fence
Old 11-15-2004, 11:37 PM #45
camilion705

lol, My friend and I walked right to the VIP seats and the "Staff Pro" let us in without question. Then I watched him tell some people they couldn't sit there as they didnt have passes...
Old 11-16-2004, 12:03 AM #46
InToX

haha i snunk in for free and it did suck
Old 11-16-2004, 10:43 AM #47
bigdaddyreg
Im doing 10 in the nation

bigdaddyreg is a Supporting Member
bigdaddyreg supports Cereal Killerz 2
bigdaddyreg donated to help Peyton Trent
bigdaddyreg owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bigdaddyreg supports our troops
bigdaddyreg is attending Decay of Nations VI
hell the vip in vegs was worse

I have expired infractions that are older than most members of PBNation
Old 11-16-2004, 10:44 AM #48
THE MENACE

I don't see how it can be worse, but okay.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:01 PM #49
shocktechballa

Re: VIP is a Joke. Total waste of money. Dissapointment

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthAlan
The VIP section at the NPPL Super 7 Commander’s Cup was not worth the cost and it was a complete disappointment. When I think of the term VIP I think “Very Important Person.” I think about being waited upon and catered to. This was not the case in the VIP area set up by Pure Promotions.

I decided that I would not sit in the bleachers due to the advertisement that was on the NPPL website that claimed that the VIP section provided the best viewing area, unlimited drinks, and unlimited food. Only one of these was provided, and that was the drinks. But, even that was a disappointment, because the drinks available were served after waiting in line (Not brought to you by a server), and they were warm cups of beer.

The view offered was horrendous. Instead of VIP, they should have called it “Obstructed View.” The DJ Booth took up 1/3 of the left side view, and the camera stage took up another 1/3 of the right-center view. That left 1/3 of the field to be seen. That’s about 5 bunkers. The people in the VIP area could not follow the full action and excitement of the games. My family and I ended up moving the Grandstands so we could see the games.

There was no food being provided, and this was an obvious area of total disregard for the customer. I spoke with Chuck Hendsch, the NPPL president, and he only put the blame on Pure Promotions. For myself, my wife, and my cousin I spent $159.05 on 3 VIP tickets. We were shown not one ounce of respect, regard, or courtesy. The beer was warm, the view was awful, and the advertisement lied about food.

I give the experience an “F,” due to the lie and to the poor response from Mr. Hendsch. More should be expected out of these companies, especially when people are actually spending a lot of money to get something more than those who spend nothing.
you are definately a loser if you paid to get in vip.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:48 PM #50
Wheelz

Wow that sucks that you guys got ripped. Next time leave the VIP for the sponsors and reps that are given them for free. I went and made good use of the free drinks with my buddies. On sat night we got to pre-game before the bars for free. Ill take that anyday if anyone saw the 105 empty beer cups on a table with a bunch of dudes laughing and having a great time that was us. You should never pay for something given to others for free next time check it out before you buy. Sorry you guys got pimped hope you get it worked out.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:36 PM #51
Happy Charlie

Uhhhhhhhhh...I dont know what VIP you were at.

Maybe you were using it wrong.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:16 PM #52
bang_anus

tell em Dildo
Old 11-16-2004, 11:39 PM #53
Wheelz

how can you use beer wrong? hold the cup in your hand and drink. if you have any other question on how to drink let me know and i can give you more detailed directions
Old 11-17-2004, 12:36 AM #54
islandboi
LEGEND

Quote:
Originally posted by Happy Charlie
Uhhhhhhhhh...I dont know what VIP you were at.

Maybe you were using it wrong.
nah it just sucked
Old 11-17-2004, 11:39 AM #55
DarthAlan
I can help

DarthAlan is a Supporting Member
DarthAlan posts videos on PbNation
DarthAlan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
For those of you who say that I am dumb for paying for VIP, you are right. I am a recreactional player, and do not play in the NPPL. I am, however, a fan of the sport. I wanted to have the best seats to see the best sport there is. What is wrong with someone paying to see something that they love?

For those saying that we used the VIP wrong, you are dumb. There was nothing to use. Beer can only be used up to a certian point. Please explain how I could have used the camera stage and DJ booth blocking my view in a better way. Be creative with your answer, but don't be unreasonable and stupid like Happy Charlie's post was.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:43 PM #56
Wheelz

dont get me wrong children VIP was not a place to have the best view at this event, it was more or less a place for people to sit back and chat with others. At other events you were able to both, hang out and get a great view but San Diego was not the case. This thread is pointless yes it may have not been what you thought it was but now you know for the future. I am sorry you didnt get the view you were hoping for but there were things that poeple who got VIP passes for free made good use of. Me and my coworkers saw it as a place where we could run in and save 4 dollors on beer and other drinks. So now you know not to buy a VIP pass because if you are given one for free all you are doing is paying for things that are given to others. VIP cost a certain amount to put on and if they can milk 40 or 50 dollors from someone, that pays for like 5 passes they gave away. Its a way for them to pay for what they gave away.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:55 PM #57
MayhemPaintball

people who complain about paintball events need to start sponsoring them in order to make them better. stop whining and do something about it. sorry we dont have the capabilities of other major sports, maybe if paintball had been around for over 50 years and had been on tv the whole time and had our own stadiums we'd have a lil more money to put up skyboxes...

i know i enjoyed vip, see it live on nppl.tv!
Old 11-17-2004, 01:57 PM #58
THE MENACE

Quote:
Originally posted by MayhemPaintball
people who complain about paintball events need to start sponsoring them in order to make them better. stop whining and do something about it. sorry we dont have the capabilities of other major sports, maybe if paintball had been around for over 50 years and had been on tv the whole time and had our own stadiums we'd have a lil more money to put up skyboxes...

No one is complaing about paintball events. The NPPL in San Diego was awesome.

All we are saying is that the VIP area for San Diego was not worth $50, that's all.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:28 PM #59
distiller

I heard VIP was where all the true ballers sat at.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:30 PM #60
THE MENACE

that's right distiller. that's why i was there.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:40 PM #61
BobLongTimmeh

strike up a petition guys. it'll work.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:59 AM #62
Tronpxs
Ć

Quote:

like handing over $100 to be a VIP?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:25 AM #63
zero skillet
Squat Till You Drop

Quote:

Moron.....that may apply to people that didnt pay. But last time I heard...the guys complaining paid, asshat.

Also its because of idiots like you that the sport is gonn stay were it is. People are always excusing events with stupid reasons. Im sorry but any of my hockey tournaments are atleast 3X better than these crappy events that paintball promoters host. That is sad...Im sorry but they should be more capable than a freaking hockey tournament which only has like 15 teams max.

Last edited by zero skillet : 11-18-2004 at 08:28 AM.