PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-12-2001, 12:45 AM #1
eden

has been a member for 10 years
Vancouver, BC Players

I am originally from Vancouver, and I am interested in finding out more about the scene over there... I currently live in California, and have a team here, but I would be interested to know what the tournament/leagues are like over there in case I ever move back...

Thanks

Eden
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2001, 11:32 PM #2
PillagePeople
What the vikings did...

PillagePeople is a founding member
The scene in Vancouver is ok. but there are no leagues. There is usually a tornament every month or so. mostly 3 man with some 5 man, next year there may be a ten man or two. There are not very many amateur teams and the novice divison is growing but slowly.
Old 12-20-2001, 12:56 AM #3
eden

what about the equipment?

What guns do people usually have???
angels, cockers, bushys???
Old 12-20-2001, 01:01 AM #4
eden

and...

What kinda fields are the tournaments played on??? Airball, speedball, hyperball...

Also are there any websites for the Vancouver Tournament scene??

thanks man...
Old 12-20-2001, 07:25 AM #5
PillagePeople
What the vikings did...

Ok, most people shoot the high end electros or cockers. Even the rookie division is loaded with electros and high end equipment. It should be noted that teams here dont move up because of a lack of a league to govern them. So there are some good rokie teams and not many amateur teams. The fields are usually speedball but recently are moving to airball. The two big fields are talking about getting airball fields for next season. Sorry no hyperball for tournaments. The only field that has one is poorly run and refuses to let tourney players play.

There are three major tournament producers in the area:
Panther: www.pantherpaintball.com
Frontline: www.bcpaintball.com
Badlands: www.badlandspaintball.com

there are team practices avery second week at panther, I am unsure of the practice days at Frontline, and there are also occasional practices at Sniperz.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:56 PM #6
Bear

The Northwest Tournament Series...

is looking to hold an event in the B.C. area, in May. It's not official yet, but we should know soon. It would be great to get some input from Canadian players as to what they want/expect/etc.

Check out the web site: www.nwts.org for latest updates and scheduling information.

Also, you can visit www.paintballnw.com to get more info on the paintball scene in the NW.

Thanks,
Old 01-09-2002, 02:40 PM #7
PillagePeople
What the vikings did...

I recently checked the site for your series and found that it wold have a good turn out here in BC if run in the same manner. That is assuming you told people about it well in advance. If the prizes are similar to your series (which is signifiacantly better then any prizes offered for other tournaments in BC), and the entry fee is lower, (generally its abaout $250 for a rookie team to enter a tournament and around $100 (canadian) for a case of inferno) all the local teams would make it a must play event. I would say that the players would expect a decent field with good prizes but there has to be at least one kind of paint for at most $100 a case or else no one will show up regandlerss of prizes or entry fee. I would also mention that if you are planning to require id cards that you have one of the local fields or stores be a location where you can get one or have them send away for you because there are many very lazy people here.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:24 PM #8
Bear

Hi PP,

Thanks for the response. We came out with our 2002 press release yesterday and it details what the NWTS offers. (view it here: http://mortonwebdesign.com/Nwts&PbNwRelease.htm)

To summarize for other readers, we offer the following:

(in US Dollars)
$100 entry fee for all divisions
4 different kinds of Diablo Paint (case prices):
$65 - Midnight
$70 - Blaze
$75 - Inferno
$85 - Hellfire

Not sure what the exchange rate is right now, but that should be at least competitive with what is available up there now. Of course, if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Our prize list (too much to post) for our first event is listed at the web site above and on the forum (for now) at: http://www.nwts.org

We have our eyes set on what we think would be a good place to hold an event, and if space is available, we might even be able to bring an Ultimate Air field up for the tournament.

On the subject of ID cards...yes the NWTS does require them. We use the Pan Am ID cards, so if you have teams and/or players that already have those, then there is no need to get another ID to play in the NWTS. Ordinarily, it's best to send away for a Pan Am ID (fill out a form, take your picture and mail it with $15), but we do offer temporary IDs at the event (good for only that event.)

If and when you do attend an NWTS event, you will find that it is a very professional, fair, affordable and competitive tournament series to play in. If you have any other questions, concerns or comments, I'd be happy to hear them. E-mail me at info@nwts.org, post to the forum at http://www.nwts.org, or reply here.

Thanks and hope we have a Canadian tournament soon!

Sincerely,

Scott "Bear" Jensen
NWTS President
Old 02-21-2002, 07:38 PM #9
Xadin
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Bc's fields are awsome i live in vancouver myself and play at tswassen paintball all the time. The tournies here arent as big as most in the states but everyone and i mean everyone even the people that come in dead last have a great time. there are people here that shoot just the same high tech stuff as in the states i shoot a black magic cocker myself. so you wont need to worry about having no compitition. Oh yea someone mentioned not knowing the practicee times at tswassen its usually every second weekend and the piant is cheeper on that day

Hope that helps

Xadin
Old 03-17-2002, 08:03 PM #10
Avery
Robots in disguise.

Avery is a Supporting Member
Not sure if you're interested, Eden, but the May-June issue of Facefull will be running a brief piece I wrote covering the March of the Rookies tournament. If things go well on the editing table they'll include pics of the field and players that showed up. That may give you an idea. Also, if you go to www.pantherpaintball.com quickly Chris may leave some of the photos up (but not for long).
-Good Cocker Hammer & Cocking Rod
-Rebuildable delron or rubber Cocker detent
-Chrome System X X10 Long Drop or Chrome Shocktech Long Drop
-Halo B Loader
Old 03-18-2002, 11:03 AM #11
eden

Thanks

Hey Avery

Thanks for the update.
I'll keep my eyes open...
Old 03-20-2002, 04:43 AM #12
color_wolf

getting a nwts tourney will be sweet
I really hope this happens
if it does I will definately go

hopefully it will not be in Kelowna or something ...
Old 03-20-2002, 12:37 PM #13
Azura69

hey Kelowna would be nice!

and i really hope it happens too.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:19 PM #14
Xadin
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

for anyone in vancouver area know when tswassen paintball is gonna open up again when i call they just say they dont know. "they just work in the store"..... bah
Old 03-24-2002, 05:41 AM #15
color_wolf

I work at Tsawwassen paintball and they aren't gonna a field in tsawwassen anymore. They are probably either going to have their field in surrey or Delta. and that won't happen for like another month and a half. For now their private field should be opening up for public games just call and ask for reservations.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:36 PM #16
color_wolf

The Tsawwassen field is now officially open.
Everyone from BC come and check out our field. It is still under some heavy construction. When the field is finally complete it will be sweet. They might even open another field somewhere else (probably in surrey) that focuses more on speedball.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:47 PM #17
Xadin
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

color_wolf who are you at tsawwassen pb?
Old 04-08-2002, 03:01 PM #18
Bear

NWTS...

Just an update on that proposed May event...

The site that was originally being considered was Tswassen, and obviously, with the location change and all, that has fallen through.

However, we may be changing our August location and this may warrant another look at the Vancouver B.C. area. We know one of the owners of the new field that Tswassen has opened, so we should be updated on it's progress in the coming months.

What I need from the players in the Vancouver area is contact information (e-mail would be best) for players and teams that are interested in playing an NWTS event in August.

So far, there has been some interest, but not the kind of response that we've been getting from other areas in the northwest. Hopefully, that'll change as we do want to the NWTS to Canada eventually.

I'll post another thread in this forum to leave contact info, so please reply if interested!

One last thing...there is an NWTS event this Saturday at Sno-Town Paintball, in Snohomish, WA (Just a little south of Everett.) It's not to late to register, and not too far from the border!

Check out www.nwts.org to see the latest prize packages too!

Thanks,