Old 03-26-2011, 01:31 PM #1
Chromejr
Onslaught

has been a member for 10 years
Chromejr plays in the APPA D4 division
Chromejr has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
**** you cytauxzoonosis

Hey all,

I'm just venting about the loss of my pal bob. We got him from a shelter in january when he was 6 months old. About a month ago he seemed to have breathing issues so we took him to the local vet. It was initially assumed he just had a upper respiratory infection and was given antibiotics. After two different kinds of antibiotics and rapid loss of weight due to him not eating, the vet ran blood work. After looking at the slides he was able to determine the actual cause which was a red blood cell parasite known as cytauxzoonosis. Basically a rare parasite normally found in bobcats in the southern united states. There is no known effective treatment for it. Bob was hospitalized and given the best possible documented treatment and unfortunately passed away last night in his sleep.

He was the best cat I ever had, and I am extremely upset he was unable to live a full happy life because of something microscopic....

Well...anyway, here are some pics of him and his awesomeness.

I'll miss you friend

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2011, 03:39 AM #2
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

Sorry to hear man. I'm not a big cat guy but a pet is a pet, I can't imagine how it feels. The pics in the couch and bag were really cute

last pic needs explaining why your pants are down lol
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
Old 03-31-2011, 10:43 AM #3
Chromejr
Onslaught

Chromejr plays in the APPA D4 division
Chromejr has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IRPancake - Thanks, it's still very difficult not having him around. And as far as the pants thing goes.... haha

He did not understand the concept of privacy, so if I ever left the bathroom door open he would waltz in and plop down in front of me. I happened to have my phone on that occasion lol.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:02 PM #4
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

I figured, it just didn't look like a typical bathroom floor. My dog does the same thing sometimes
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"