Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-02-2014, 12:03 PM #22
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

I went ahead and measure up two different valves. One will come all the way to the rear end and replace the end cap. The other stops just short of the end cap so that you could put a stock on. Without the end cap, the Dump chamber volume is .714"^3, and the dump chamber for the spool that replaces the end cap is .984"^3. How do I figure out what pressure these two spools will operate at?
Buwaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2014, 12:15 PM #23
M98custom1212

has been a member for 10 years
If you want send me the dimensions. I will model this up in a CAD program.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit..
Chief Machining
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:34 PM #24
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M98custom1212 View Post
If you want send me the dimensions. I will model this up in a CAD program.
I have some of them right now, Still working out everything. I have to work some of the things out still. Right now I am just trying to figure out if I should do the fill length or stop it short so it can be hidden inside with the end cap.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:35 PM #25
ironyusa

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buwaro View Post
I went ahead and measure up two different valves. One will come all the way to the rear end and replace the end cap. The other stops just short of the end cap so that you could put a stock on. Without the end cap, the Dump chamber volume is .714"^3, and the dump chamber for the spool that replaces the end cap is .984"^3. How do I figure out what pressure these two spools will operate at?
Unfortunately, the math isn't that straight forward. I'm not sure volume does what you think in the overall picture. The valve itself is going to be the determining factor as well as some other key factors (choked flow, volume offset, etc.). Honestly, you're best off to use something as a baseline. Both seem small to me based on what I see, so my complete guess is somewhere around the 325ish range.

METHOD Development
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:37 AM #26
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Just a little update. Beginning stages of learning how to run a lathe. I started to turn my 1" round stock aluminum down to .9800, but I am not extremely good with getting everything set up just right, so I will have to do some more this weekend.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:08 PM #27
PMace (Banned)

PMace has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMace has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm following with anticipation! This is very interesting stuff and would like to continue to see updates, thank you!
PMace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:05 PM #28
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Nothing new yet. I need to get some new bits and tools for the lathe at work before I can get anything really done.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:55 PM #29
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

I finally have an update. I got a lot of work done this weekend. I actually have more parts than this finished, but I don't have picture of them yet. I should have an update on those by friday. So here is whats going on so far.

Here is the bolt.

The bolt sits in a brass housing

Then everything goes into, for now, a steel housing since we don't have the proper tool for me to make an aluminum one.

Everything is slip fit, sealed with orings and the body of the gun holds it all together. I have most of the ram housing together, but had to put everything up before I got to take pictures of it. I can do projects at work, just can't be doing them when the boss comes in.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:23 PM #30
GhostJedai
I push buttons

GhostJedai owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
GhostJedai has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is Legendary
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VI
GhostJedai supports Empire
Looking great. Good job, so far.
Christ Krew #17
GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:50 PM #31
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Thanks. I have to rework the piston housing when I go in on Wednesday. I didn't like the way it came out. I'll hopefully have some more pictures by Friday.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:13 PM #32
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

This is the final design I have worked out after beginning actually manufacturing and assembling this. I might have to make some changes for the final product, but the double spool allows me to cut the stroke almost in half. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:50 PM #33
1cheeselova
Shenanigans

1cheeselova plays in the PSP
1cheeselova supports Cereal Killerz 2
1cheeselova donated to help Peyton Trent
1cheeselova is reppin' sidebar 4 life
wow that's actually a very great design... It has the benefit of having the firing chamber as close to the ball as possible while not having a bolt guide

Last edited by 1cheeselova : 02-25-2014 at 07:02 PM.
1cheeselova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:16 PM #34
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cheeselova View Post
wow that's actually a very great design... It has the benefit of having the firing chamber as close to the ball as possible while not having a bolt guide
I am just happy to be actually making something again. I actually have a 2 way ram ebolt setup for this gun, but I haven't been doing anything with it since I have started this concept. It will be much better than the ebolt if it works properly.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:08 AM #35
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

I made some changes, and realized I messed up the piston housing last night. I need to add about .4000 to the piston housing and removed about .4000 from the can so it will still fit in the gun, but here is essentially what it will look like. If I have time tonight I will finish the piston housing and begin work on the actual piston/spool

I added an o-ring to the end of the bolt so it will slide in the body.

I also made it so the brass piece doesn't just slide into the can as a whole. I cut the can into two pieces and used bearing mount to hold the brass piece into the front piece.

Here it is mocked up in the gun. The stroke is right around 1". Much shorter than the standard 1.8"

Old 02-28-2014, 07:58 AM #36
ironyusa

Just a minor detail, but ideally you want the firing chamber cutoff right before the main valve is opened. Otherwise you limit the refill time of the main chamber.

METHOD Development
Old 02-28-2014, 08:10 AM #37
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Just a minor detail, but ideally you want the firing chamber cutoff right before the main valve is opened. Otherwise you limit the refill time of the main chamber.
That is pretty much what I am going for. The dump chamber will be a tiny bit away from opening as the fill side closes. I still have to work out those exact measurements. A lot of this has been trial and error on the lathe and then assembling. I don't really have the drawings to scale, and most of it is figuring everything out after I have already started to put it together.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:30 PM #38
Massriot
euro cars, ftw.

Massriot has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Massriot supports Empire
very interesting. posting so I can keep up to date with this.
Black/Blue AM Sentinel TS.
Black Gen. E Matrix, Black Impulse with 90* OTB frame

looking to buy or trade for an ANS GX-5. pm me.
+3/-0 (old feedback)
Massriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 AM #39
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

It's alive!

Old 03-14-2014, 11:06 AM #40
ironyusa

Let us know when you get it over a chrono and where your pressure landed. Very cool though.

METHOD Development
Old 03-14-2014, 04:45 PM #41
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Let us know when you get it over a chrono and where your pressure landed. Very cool though.
Thanks. I have to work out some kinks first, but I should be able to actually test it soon.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:19 AM #42
the_kwa
NC Hammer

way cool project
the_kwa is offline   Reply With Quote