Old 01-10-2012, 02:33 PM #1
trancer23
Angel Collector

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
trancer23 is Legendary
Ballers Inc Paintball Anodizing Experience

I want to document my experience anodizing a custom gun with Ballers Inc Paintball of Fairless Hills, PA

I started looking for anodizers about a year ago, and Ballers Inc rep sounded decent and was one of the few shops still doing anodizing. A number of quickly responded to emails back and forth and an (name withheld) employee agreed to a price of 'xxx' for a large number of pieces of a marker and regulator. The price, as agreed, was to include reassembly, and turn around time would be 3-4 weeks.

I shipped off the parts, even paying an extra $30 for shipping/handling/extra care (my own choice), on 7/7. After a email from me I received an email stating everything was received on 7/13 in good working order. This is where this started slowing down.

After many unanswered calls/emails, on 8/1 I received an email that the chiller in the anodizing room had gone out, etc.. Then no contact

More unanswered contact attempts, finally on 8/17 one single picture of the body anodized.

That was the last email I would ever receive. All calls were ditched. Either he was not there, working late, called in sick, fire marshal shut them down, etc..

After begging, pleading with every employee I could talk to, I finally talked to one who was very courteous, Chris. Hearing the other employee in the background, unnamed employee conceded that he could not reassemble the marker, and would offer a refund and would return it. I agreed.

I got a box in the mail that was shipped 12/18. A Full 5 months after I sent it. I opened it up, and surprisingly, the dust dark red anno is pretty darn nice.

And about 80% of my internal parts are missing. And no refund.

More calls, some understanding, not much action. I finally got verbal confirmation today (1/10, 6 months after ship date) that the rest of my "pile" had been mailed out. Refund - "$20 bill".

Realize this is not just some parts and a random marker. Its a 10 year mission of mine, Eaton's last (and I believe the only) Master Tech Fly Eye conversion'ed RIPPER angel, with Eclipse trigger. Basically irreplaceable.

Just wanted to share my experience. I hope they realize they still have the opportunity to make right with customer service.

Anodizing - 8/10
Customer Service - unnamed employee - 0/10
Customer Service - Chris - 9/10
Missing parts - pending

Update** - missing parts never received. Anno usually gets the comment "oh .. too bad". Received partial refund.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback

Last edited by trancer23 : 05-16-2012 at 07:24 PM.
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM #2
PBMT

wow, sorry to hear but I am glad you shared!
PBMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:33 PM #3
disturbed989
gun whore addict

disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
disturbed989 supports Ninja Paintball
Wow I really hope mine doesn't end up taking this long. I sent my luxe out a month ago and have been trying to get a response as to when I can expect it back for a week now.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 PM #4
trancer23
Angel Collector

trancer23 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed989 View Post
Wow I really hope mine doesn't end up taking this long. I sent my luxe out a month ago and have been trying to get a response as to when I can expect it back for a week now.
I wish you luck. I really do. Like I said, the anodizing is pretty decent. Responses were (and still are) brutal. Best bet, call at 2:30 PM right after they open.

Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
Old 01-12-2012, 01:24 AM #5
disturbed989
gun whore addict

disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
disturbed989 supports Ninja Paintball
alright thanks and will do.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:24 PM #6
Spyder124
muddy husky

Spyder124 is an NCPA player
Spyder124 plays in the APPA D5 division
pics of the anodizing?
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 PM #7
trancer23
Angel Collector

trancer23 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder124 View Post
pics of the anodizing?

Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 PM #8
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hell they haven't even emailed me back requesting a quote and it's been at least three weeks. guess they don't want business lol
GREED #13

my feedback https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=869074
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:24 AM #9
liverlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
I wish you luck. I really do. Like I said, the anodizing is pretty decent. Responses were (and still are) brutal. Best bet, call at 2:30 PM right after they open.
My experience wih Ballers was not so great either. For my story check post #591 on their thread. At the very least the anodized parts you received look nice. I had 2 markers done and wasn't overly impressed with either-there were a lot of flaws/missed spots. And neither one was working when I got them back, although one of them was expected. I hope you get your remaining parts back soon. Maybe we can start a support group with monthly meetings. We can serve hot chocolate and donuts.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 PM #10
Thegoat17

Thegoat17 plays in the APPA D5 division
Thegoat17 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thegoat17 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for posting I just sent an email for quote today now I guess not even going to worry about hearing back and from the sound of it if I hear back
Thegoat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:34 PM #11
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

This is usually what happens with 'new' anodizers. They start off doing real good work at a good price but then they get flooded with markers and cant keep track anymore. Soon everything suffers and they end up closing down shop.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM #12
trancer23
Angel Collector

trancer23 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
This is usually what happens with 'new' anodizers. They start off doing real good work at a good price but then they get flooded with markers and cant keep track anymore. Soon everything suffers and they end up closing down shop.
Agreed. After receiving two packages (since sending in my parts 7 months ago), I am still missing around $200 worth of parts. Contact comes in spurts.

Looking closer at my anno, the variation in shades from small parts to large parts is greater than I thought it would be. Its significant. I digress. All I want is my stuff back and to be made right.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:08 PM #13
greenvertboy
Wopaho'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
Too bad they're not a new company or new to anno. If I remember correctly they were once known as FBM, a very good old school anno company.
greenvertboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:49 PM #14
trancer23
Angel Collector

trancer23 is Legendary
Once again unable to make contact. Phone or email. SOOO frustrating.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:39 PM #15
straptrams91
PunishersPB Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvertboy View Post
Too bad they're not a new company or new to anno. If I remember correctly they were once known as FBM, a very good old school anno company.
They are not the same guys..Same name, different company. The owner (guy that responds to emails, etc) is a full time teacher. Be patient, they do great work for the price, especially their gloss parts. you're best bet is to pm him on the nation or give them a call. im not sure the email on their website still works.. dont take my word for that though
straptrams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:41 PM #16
1000rrstunna

1000rrstunna plays in the PSP
1000rrstunna has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
why on earth would you send that company your ripper angel? the possibly did one of the worst annos ever on my axe I'm sorry but id be irate if it took that long for a single color...
Old 01-22-2012, 06:56 PM #17
trancer23
Angel Collector

trancer23 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000rrstunna View Post
why on earth would you send that company your ripper angel? the possibly did one of the worst annos ever on my axe I'm sorry but id be irate if it took that long for a single color...
Well 8months ago they were one of the few still actively anodizing. I am still waiting on parts, and we have a quandary where they say they shipped but I did not receive. We are trying to come up with a solution we can both live with.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:00 PM #18
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000rrstunna View Post

How would anyone know? Did you leave negative feedback to warn others?
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 PM #19
trancer23
Angel Collector

trancer23 is Legendary
I am happy to report that, while not completely resolved, we are working and communicating to find a resolution that is acceptable to both of us. Once we are both satisfied I will post here, put at this moment I am pleased and optimistic.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:47 PM #20
Fangedterror
Pump Zone

I too am have some trouble with Ballersinc.

I originally sent in my ANS GX-4 to get the Hooker feedneck installed. Finally one month after sending it in I receive word that the feedneck is finally installed. and ready to be shipped. I was told one of the reasons why it took so long is they scratched my gun while installing the feedneck so they had to reanno it. I thought that was very nice on them and was not too concerned.

2 weeks ago they sent me the bill for their work and I paid promptly. They said it would ship out that day and I should see it in 3 days.

2 weeks later Im still waiting for my gun. Ive called, Emailed, and PMd I got nothing. Its like they just dropped off the grid.

Timeline

-1/4/2012 sent gun in
-2/1/2012 Paid for gun "Shipped"
-2/14/2012 Filed Paypal Dispute, No word on my gun
Tried to contact for a week via phone calls and Email from the website
EDIT
-2/15/2012 Contact made via PM on PBNation
-2/17/2012 Gun located, Shipped to wrong address, returned to sender. Re confirmed address.
-2/25/2012 Gun received. Looks good, not great. The anno was average nothing amazing but not bad either. I most likely will never use ballers inc in the future just due to the slow turn around times and lack of communication.

Last edited by Fangedterror : 02-25-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Fangedterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:02 PM #21
liverlip

Sorry to hear that. Welcome to the club. Pull up a chair and have a donut.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote