Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 AM #23
apes4us
MO

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Do you only get welts in tournaments? I know I don't.
Sorry gonzo, I'll change that to <11 or >40
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 PM #24
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
So none of the Griefers, including yourself, wear their jerseys for open play?

I have rocked it many a times in open play as of late. Mainly due to the cold weather and these posts... Generally I wear what I want when I want?

It is a very simple concept to play to the level of your competition. I have personally handed it to many teams on the tournament circuit and then the following weekend I get worked by some random kiddo or mommy with a rental in open play. <Figure that out.

I mean one week Im at some event pulling some crazy 3 on 1 outta no where and then next week ill rock some open play and get worked by a lil dude/dudette with a rental..

Your opinions are yours to have and share freely. But don't mistake an opinion for an accusation or slander. Your insinuations and baseless stereotypes are ugly and they seem to have a bit of direction towards me or the purple folk.. < Im not diggin it much....

. I am sorry if the Dbags around you need the bump to get that edge in open play. I dont and dont use it as such. If I get bounced by a lil dude/dudette, I will walk off If I choose and you cant stop me. If I get bounced by a tool bag shooting up open play, I might just take that extra life until I can get em out with me.

Heres a tip though if you do run into that open play all-star... Shoot them in the face. If you get a bounce on em after smokin them in the gog..... Buy better paint?

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
https://www.facebook.com/jt.inmanl
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM #25
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Rancid1845 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rancid1845 supports DLX Technology
I was surprised at how much padding Jerseys and Pants have nowadays. My new JT jersey has padded sleeves, struck me as very odd. I used to play speedball in short sleeves in the summer time.
Top Gun T3
West Virginia University
Murder Inc. Silver
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 PM #26
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post
Your opinions are yours to have and share freely. But don't mistake an opinion for an accusation or slander. Your insinuations and baseless stereotypes are ugly and they seem to have a bit of direction towards me or the purple folk.. < Im not diggin it much....
If you feel slandered, so be it. I think the OP makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Nothing against Grief. Been playing with and against your teammates for many years.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:41 PM #27
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Sorry gonzo, I'll change that to <11 or >40
Lol your body doesn't heal as well long before 40. But at any age, if you play a lot, you might get a lot of welts, and it's perfectly fine to do what you can to mitigate that. Bounces can and do happen as the result of this, but the same gear is available to any player. The OP suggested padded jerseys et. al. as something the rec set might consider looking into, that's the point.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:20 PM #28
Demondestroyer
Master Tech

Demondestroyer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Demondestroyer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Demondestroyer supports Team VICIOUS
Demondestroyer is an NCPA player
i never thought the raza jerseys i have had all that much padding compared to most jerseys on the market, there's a little in the shoulders, forearms and pecs, none in the lower chest. back, biceps or inner arms.

i've gotten plenty of breaks on me but then again most people around here shoot decent or tournament grade paint, typically evil or ultra evil. if someone wants to wear a jersey and a bounce vest in rec and that makes them happy, then so be it.

don't whine and ***** because you think they have an unfair advantage, if you need excuses then you are doing it wrong. just shoot them in the face or the gun.. it always breaks there.

plus it is nice to have a custom jersey that people can see your name and can yell stuff to you on the field instead of "hey red guy"

everyone has a choice. if you get butthurt about it go home. i don't tell you what shirts to wear in the morning. if you are in a tournament and there is a specific rule set about padding/layers/clothing then abide by it, but i would love to see you find a field that demands their rec players wear no protective padding, or limited layers.

World Ballas Vice President
VICIOUS OT
"Let's play a game of go **** yourself, you first..."
Demondestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 PM #29
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
 is playing at Living Legends XI
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I play fairly often. I still have a welt on my stomach (which admittedly is quite bouncy) from over a week ago. This was from walkon/rec/open play. If age is required, I'm 26.

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM #30
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demondestroyer View Post
i would love to see you find a field that demands their rec players wear no protective padding, or limited layers.
It's interesting, a local field owner is considering doing just that.
According to him, paintball jerseys:
A) Intimidate and turn away renters, which is where the money is to be made in field ownership
B) Give an advantage to the regulars that already have enough advantages (markers, skill level, field experience)
C) It furthers the speedball complex that he is trying to get away from

This is a field where walking the trigger is already disallowed, and the rule is fairly well enforced.
This is a highly successful field.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM #31
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
A) Intimidate and turn away renters, which is where the money is to be made in field ownership
B) Give an advantage to the regulars that already have enough advantages (markers, skill level, field experience)

This is a field where walking the trigger is already disallowed, and the rule is fairly well enforced.
And this is exactly the type of conversation and backwards logic this post was originally directed at. If you are intimidated by padding in paintball then you might be a little confused about how this sport works. It is not rocket science or something complicated. Padding in paintball makes it safer.

Players, Refs, AND ESPECIALLY your regulars dictate the tone of open play. Not their clothing or their guns. At Xtreme (TG's home field) we offer rental pumps and electro upgrades as rentals *they are either the same price or the pumps might actually be a lil bit more*.... The PUMPS are the ones that get used more often than the electros..

If you are interested in setting a tone. Train your staff correctly and if you see someone out there being an open-play all star shooting up your customers, REMOVE that individual.

This narrow minded idea that no padding is the way to go is stemming from an ideal that was spawned by those that used to wear goggles only on their face, instead of the full mask. There was all kinds of backlash when enforcing this this transition (from Goggles to full mask) ESPECIALLY from the current players who just KNEW what paintball was.

Safety will win every time. Re read the original post... I posted this to my FB page at the same time I made this thread. The messages I received from non paintball people especially the mothers is why I feel so strongly about this topic.

I will take your nonsense in this attempt to broaden your minds...

All because more than one mommy sent me *GREAT POST* AWESOME STORY - I SAW YOUR POST, WHERE DO YOU PLAY* . *WHERE DO I GET ONE FOR ____?... *

My go Pro had just died but we had ran into someone just last weekend who was overshooting some new players. I am really disappointed because I could have gotten this all on tape.. It would have been perfect for this example...

Sal the owner came out and talked with the ref, got the input from everyone playing... Then proceeded to sit everyone down (REFS , REGULARS , OPEN PLAY).. All 60ish or so under one pavilion. He then very politely and directly explained that this is a family owned establishment and it is meant to be fun and enjoyable experience.. FOR EVERYONE. He said, This is the one and final warning. You will not shoot up (overshoot) my open play and if you do you can take your things and head down the road.

Generally it is easier to catch and monitor a BPS cap rather than someone *walking* the trigger. We keep it at 10 BPS in open play semi only. If you are caught shooting faster you are out and you have to turn your gun down. 2nd offense youre out for the day.

Last edited by onepumpchump13 : 01-28-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM #32
apes4us
MO

Quote:
And this is exactly the type of conversation and backwards logic this post was originally directed at. If you are intimidated by padding in paintball then you might be a little confused about how this sport works. It is not rocket science or something complicated. Padding in paintball makes it safer.
Paintball has proven for 30 years that it is perfectly safe without extra padding. Padding in Jerseys is intended for bounces. If you wear it to prevent bruises, that's great, but it does not make the sport safer.

Quote:
Generally it is easier to catch and monitor a BPS cap rather than someone *walking* the trigger. We keep it at 10 BPS in open play semi only. If you are caught shooting faster you are out and you have to turn your gun down. 2nd offense youre out for the day.
That's a decent policy, but a no walking the trigger rule brings the ROF down even lower and provides a better playing experience for the renters.

Quote:
I will take your nonsense in this attempt to broaden your minds...
Thanks for your generosity

Last edited by apes4us : 01-28-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 PM #33
njk

My only issue with padding is the bounces. Being a pump player it can be very frustrating to catch a guy running between bunkers, trees, structures, ect ... to only find out it bounced of his dang padded jersey or tactical vest. Or be trading paint with an electro shooting ropes to only find out later you bounced a few rounds of him. But I have learned to aim for face masks, gun/hoppers and legs.

As for youngsters I fully agree with them wearing it. Heck I feel they should be made to wear if under a certain age. And old guys could use it as well, their already at a disadvantage by being alittle slower then us teen,twenty,thirty something guys.

As for Jerseys being intimidating then the tac vests and tactical guns should be banned too. There just as intimidating as a flashy padded Jersey.

Just my 2 cents.

Nate

Last edited by njk : 01-28-2013 at 08:23 PM.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 PM #34
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Shooting for the mask is all fine and dandy when a player is looking at me, that's day one stuff. It's entirely different when I get the drop on someone and bounce them multiple times before they get a look at me because I can't see a hard enough target... and a whole different animal when that skinny kid runs up the center of the field with his gauntlet sleeve in front of his body and face like a riot shield.

Gear has been specifically designed for this purpose for years... why are we pretending it isn't today?

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 PM #35
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Padding in Jerseys is intended for bounces. If you wear it to prevent bruises, that's great, but it does not make the sport safer
I have not had one bloody ring/welt when I wear it. Padding = Safer To say different argues with nothing but simple logic.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:43 PM #36
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Do you cover your neck and jaw? Or just hope you never get bunkered while looking the wrong way?

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 PM #37
Demondestroyer
Master Tech

Demondestroyer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Demondestroyer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Demondestroyer is an NCPA player
Quote:

i just forsee problems with that with the first time he goes "ok little jimmy renter take your sweatshirt off you can only wear your t-shirt it's too padded"

yeah... that's going to go over well.

World Ballas Vice President
VICIOUS OT
"Let's play a game of go **** yourself, you first..."
Demondestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 PM #38
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
It's entirely different when I get the drop on someone and bounce them multiple times before they get a look at me because I can't see a hard enough target...

Shoulda kept going until a more clear shot was available? If they werent looking at you why did you stop?

Even still the people responding to this and complaining are only worried about a so called lost *edge* in the game. It simply has no DEPTH at all. This gear or equipment is available to everyone. It is currently a legal piece of equipment and a SAFER way to play paintball. You are complaining about something that you are choosing not to use.. Not something that you cant, just something that is your choice. A dumb one at that.

You don't have to listen to my experience in paintball. One thing I will take the time to rip to pieces is HORRIBLE ADVICE based on narrow-minded opinion. I do have EXTENSIVE experience in paintball. I have been an ambassador to this sport for as long as I have played it. I fell in love with this stupid game since the first time I played it behind ol grandmas house..

Your argument doesn't help paintball it only hurts it. The little bit of padding you find in these jerzeys should not make that big of a difference in your game. IF IT DOES GET BETTER. The benefit FAR outweighs your foolish concept of what this game should be. I have gotten quite a few scars over the years on my arms and even through those crapolicous old jerzeys they used to offer that were paper thin...

Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 PM #39
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
Do you cover your neck and jaw? Or just hope you never get bunkered while looking the wrong way?
Castro over the course of this lil debate here man I have to tell ya I have lost a lot of respect for you. Its either you are trolling me and just having some fun, or you truly are that close minded to what I have been saying this whole time. I didnt get that impression when I met you.

TG played a ramping tournament not to long ago some Vicous thing or something.. We played with our pump guns they played with their machine gats.. Out there it was a long hot day and it was a GRIND all day. The fight was not easy it was extremely rough. By the end of the day Everyone was beat up..

One of the games I was last alive you know how it goes.. Its like sharks in the water.. Fella got his gun ramping up rounded my bunker and... started his stream at my chest ended on my dome..

FOR THE LONGEST TIME BOUNCE CAPS were hated on... Because of bounces... Even through my bounce cap I had a bloody unicorn stump on top of my head... Im not saying this because I cant take it... Im saying this because if I wouldn't have had my Jerzey on I woulda had a line of bloody welts across my chest to match my cool new unicorn horn... and the damage to my head woulda been UNREAL...

The player didnt break any rules and truth be told it wasn't excessive.. It was just a part of the game.. I wasn't mad. I was however glad I had my Jerzey and Cap on.

Your arguments with this are as ridiculous and futile as the ones about the bounce caps or the full face masks..

It has changed you can either change with it and see the good in it.. or you can whine and keep crying.. trying to slander and slight others as cheaters or "shady"..

When in fact its the complete opposite.

The shady guys are you fellas that are willing to sacrifice others safety, bringing more people into the sport, all for a competitive edge..There is no edge in wearing something available to everyone.

If you did have this extensive knowledge base then you would know the days of pushing the 300fps limit and just how brutal paintball was at one time. It is not that game it once was, and for good reason.. It has changed because of steps like these to make this sport more inviting to more people. Even the ones that wouldn't normally play it.

Last edited by onepumpchump13 : 01-28-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 PM #40
apes4us
MO

It's funny you mention over-shooting, have you ever stopped to think that wearing all this bounce crap makes you a target for over-shooting?

Bruises are a part of the game, they are not unsafe. This great sport has proven for 30 years that the only way to be injured by a paintball flying at 300 fps or less is to get hit in the eye. Covering yourself in pillows will ensure that over-shooting only gets worse, which is far more dangerous than the bruise you are trying to prevent.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 PM #41
njk

Quote:
Shoulda kept going until a more clear shot was available? If they werent looking at you why did you stop?
He's got a point here, I keep moving or set and wait a second or too till I can get clear shot on a pod pack or their gun/hopper heck I've even aimed for shoes/boots before. Especially if I have the jump on them and I'm fairly close range. I always thought u were suppose to try and shoot a hard point when u got the jump on someone. I've always called these courtesy shots.

BTW I play mostly woods ball and rec ball. Don't care for tourney play much. And my point of view is from a 17yr vet player.

Nate
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 PM #42
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
It's funny you mention over-shooting, have you ever stopped to think that wearing all this bounce crap makes you a target for over-shooting?

Bruises are a part of the game, they are not unsafe. This great sport has proven for 30 years that the only way to be injured by a paintball flying at 300 fps or less is to get hit in the eye. Covering yourself in pillows will ensure that over-shooting only gets worse, which is far more dangerous than the bruise you are trying to prevent.
This great sport has been changing since its inception. It hasn't stopped and with any luck it will only continue to evolve. It has changed. Adapt or die. If Natural Selection has run its course with your paintball career and you cannot evolve with the current standards. Feel free to die off, but do not slander those who chose to evolve because you opt out. Do not give bad advice to those that choose to play and tell them to peel the layers because YOU dont find it fair.

And no fool, I can say without a doubt that bounce caps are a GREAT product that should have been brought to the sport sooner. It spent about 2 years before it was *ACCEPTED* by the narrow-minded and smart people alike in this sport. They should have been accepted immediately but it ran into the same backward *** resistance which you have been so fantastically been displaying for us.

Overshooting isnt something new that just started with the birth of these jerzeys. The scars left on your arms by the occasional idiot that overshoots you are now an avoidable Hazard. I have grown up in this sport. In my time doing so I have earned my scars that are on my arms and back. Its not to say I am not proud of them but that is a personal choice. Unlike some, I will not put my own agenda higher than the safety of others. Not everyone is in this sport for the long haul and not everyone wants the scars on their arms.

Again. I WILL REPEAT THIS. BOUNCES ARE NOT A PROBLEM if you are using QUALITY PAINT. We used Ultra Evil at every event and NEVER had any issues with people taking excessive bounces. AT NO POINT WAS BOUNCING AN ISSUE. We even had multiple elims on the break. Sometimes multiple in the same game, but only when we closed our eyes...