PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2008, 07:29 PM #22
motulboydm4
ΓΔGΣ

has been a member for 10 years
motulboydm4 supports Team VICIOUS
all you guys making fun of his skinny size can giggle till you think of your own mile time compared to his.
CHAMPAGNE NXT SHOCKER F/S/T
R.I.P. Robert Kerr
motulboydm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2008, 10:37 PM #23
pbmink (Banned)

pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
Do you like Asics?
i dont mind them, they make good shoes. personally they dont match up with my stride/foot mechanics but i have many teammates that wear asics with great sucess
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:33 AM #24
futbol4life
meow!

OP: ur one hell of a distance runner but your 400 time isnt very impressive.
I called my ex girlfriends gay stepbrother a assbandit in front of his whole family not knowing he was gay at the time... no1 laughed but him
Schmike?!:
I get boners and slap people in the thigh with it. Even if I'm not at Prom or whatever. Just go around slapping people with it. It's grand.
futbol4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:36 AM #25
Mmmmm..Viking

I run.

...with a 75lb vest on.
Mmmmm..Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:54 AM #26
pbmink (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol4life View Post
OP: ur one hell of a distance runner but your 400 time isnt very impressive.
i know

o well, my 5k time more then makes up for the slowness i have in the shorter distances
Old 10-04-2008, 12:56 AM #27
pr0n Kin6 (Banned)

Well **** me! I'm running a 5:45 mile and people look at me like I'm sprinting and there's you kicking my ***. GG
pr0n Kin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:45 AM #28
futbol4life
meow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink View Post
i know

o well, my 5k time more then makes up for the slowness i have in the shorter distances
yea i think im the polar opposite of you. I dont even know what my 1600 pr is, probably around 6. I can run a 55-56 400m though. I just started track last year so hopefully i can cut that down by the end of this year.
I called my ex girlfriends gay stepbrother a assbandit in front of his whole family not knowing he was gay at the time... no1 laughed but him
Schmike?!:
I get boners and slap people in the thigh with it. Even if I'm not at Prom or whatever. Just go around slapping people with it. It's grand.
futbol4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:10 PM #29
paintballdude33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
Do you like Asics?

sry to kinda butt in, but i run cc/track and my school. and almost everyone on my team trains in asics(including me). like he said before. they're pretty legit.
paintballdude33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:32 AM #30
pbmink (Banned)

i just won a pair of mizuno inspire 4's

they are now my favorite shoe for trail
Old 10-13-2008, 12:45 AM #31
WorrGamR2k1
Earns Money Sleeping

WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I ran the mile and 2 mile in high school. Best mile was 5:30, and I was pushing myself and excited. My 2-miles were generally 12:30+

Now, I'm just running to get into shape for my career. Hoping to get myself down to a sub-12 minute 2-mile. Any pointers? I've been hitting the treadmill and running an extra 1/2 mile daily. Bad thing is I'm still bulking up too.
WorrGamR2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:32 AM #32
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrGamR2k1 View Post
I ran the mile and 2 mile in high school. Best mile was 5:30, and I was pushing myself and excited. My 2-miles were generally 12:30+

Now, I'm just running to get into shape for my career. Hoping to get myself down to a sub-12 minute 2-mile. Any pointers? I've been hitting the treadmill and running an extra 1/2 mile daily. Bad thing is I'm still bulking up too.
Oh man, for a second I thought you said that you ran the 2 mile in 5:30, i was about to call shens, then I read the sentence over again.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:33 PM #33
Flying_Dutchman

PBmink: I'm guessing a few of those PRs are from high school right? The 5k and Road race from college?

For everyone larking about his mile time, his 5k is DRASTICALLY more impressive. For instance I can run about a 4:19 mile but I couldn't come close to 14:53 even on the track. Maybe I'll be there in a couple years but I don't really run the 5k.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:58 PM #34
sean1994

your 5 inches taller then me, and i have 15 pounds on you, damn
sean1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM #35
paintballkid97

Your 11 inches taller than me and I have 5 pounds on you.
paintballkid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:06 PM #36
paintball_karl

i have known of pbmink for years. i ran for a local HS XC team (rocklin). great talent. i stopped running after HS because of the knee problems that i have created (the whole cartilage thing pbmink was talking about). that's because im flat footed.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 AM #37
pbmink (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
PBmink: I'm guessing a few of those PRs are from high school right? The 5k and Road race from college?

For everyone larking about his mile time, his 5k is DRASTICALLY more impressive. For instance I can run about a 4:19 mile but I couldn't come close to 14:53 even on the track. Maybe I'll be there in a couple years but I don't really run the 5k.
the 5k and roads were done the summer after i graduated. i was 14:59 in my senior year of track and had plans on going to NON but had an unexpected burden finacially that prevented me from going

and i also find it funny getting comments about my mile but not my 5k

Quote:

get off the tread mill and jog around your neighbor hood. youll enjoy it more. what is your current weekly milage? and how is it distribuited? what other conditioning are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_karl View Post
i have known of pbmink for years. i ran for a local HS XC team (rocklin). great talent. i stopped running after HS because of the knee problems that i have created (the whole cartilage thing pbmink was talking about). that's because im flat footed.
, your team looks like it might have a shot of making the #4 spot in sections this year.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 AM #38
paintball_karl

Quote:
, your team looks like it might have a shot of making the #4 spot in sections this year.
really? thats good to hear. i havnt been keeping up with XC since i was on the team. hows DO doing?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 AM #39
autococker06

Holy **** you have almost a min on my mile.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 PM #40
Flying_Dutchman

me or pbmink? Just so you guys know, When Pbmink was in 14:53 5k shape, he could have gone faster than 4:39.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:40 PM #41
WorrGamR2k1
Earns Money Sleeping

WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
get off the tread mill and jog around your neighbor hood. youll enjoy it more. what is your current weekly milage? and how is it distribuited? what other conditioning are you doing?
Hell no. I loves my treadmill and my CNN. I'll probably soon be switching to bicycling for cardio though, as my knees got royally ****ed when I road BMX and MX. Since I just started last Wednesday running again, i've logged in about 23 miles. Not great, but a hell of a lot considering the last time I was in a gym was last December. I've been running an extra 1/2 mile every day.

The first day I ran 2 miles, walked a 1/4 mile, then ran another mile and a 1/4.
2nd day I did 2.5 miles, walked a quarter mile, then ran another 1.25 miles.
3rd day was 3 miles, walked a quarter mile, then the other 1.25 miles.
And so on and so forth. Dunno if it's the best routine, but it seems to be working. I'm going to try to work up to a 10 mile run and then work on time.
WorrGamR2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:56 PM #42
Flying_Dutchman

Quote:
Hell no. I loves my treadmill and my CNN. I'll probably soon be switching to bicycling for cardio though, as my knees got royally ****ed when I road BMX and MX. Since I just started last Wednesday running again, i've logged in about 23 miles. Not great, but a hell of a lot considering the last time I was in a gym was last December. I've been running an extra 1/2 mile every day.

The first day I ran 2 miles, walked a 1/4 mile, then ran another mile and a 1/4.
2nd day I did 2.5 miles, walked a quarter mile, then ran another 1.25 miles.
3rd day was 3 miles, walked a quarter mile, then the other 1.25 miles.
And so on and so forth. Dunno if it's the best routine, but it seems to be working. I'm going to try to work up to a 10 mile run and then work on time.

If you have problems with your knees you should make sure you're not constantly building mileage. You want to be very gradual and also take a couple down weeks in the process. Also, instead of going farther everyday try taking an easy day in between. For instance, if you do 3 miles wednesday, do 2 miles thursday and then maybe do 4 friday. If you don't take any recovery days/weeks you're much more likely to get injured.