havokcaptian is BST Trusted
havokcaptian owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
havokcaptian has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
havokcaptian has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
havokcaptian has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
havokcaptian has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie37 View Post
In my opinion this is nothing more than buying a map pack on Call of Duty or even buy the new one that comes out every year. Everyone complains at how much it sucks compared to the last years. Then next thing you know they adapt to the changes and love it.
agreed!
MILE HIGH SAINTS #21
My Feedback +12/-0

I'm Paypal Verified
havokcaptian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM #298
Trix
RIP DALE #3

has been a member for 10 years
Trix supports our troops
Trix is an NCPA player
Trix supports DLX Technology
I like the elbow bunker this way snake players don't have to worry about getting shot through the cracks of the bunker so much.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 PM #299
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post
*sigh* people don't read....... they are 2.5 feet tall, just like the 2011 beams
Damien has said several times that they are shorter than the 2011 beams.

I don't see what all the apprehension here is. 6 long narrow things are replaced with 4 medium narrow things and 4 bent narrow things. either they keep putting other bunkers in the snake, in which case it ain't much different than before, or they don't, in which case you use the interior bunkers on the field to block out other bunkers to make your shots.

I mean, really, even before, if you can shoot at someone from the snake, they can shoot at you. If, in the past, you used a "knuckle" to block out a different player so you could shoot a player, worst case now you just move to put another bunker on the field between you.

This could actually make the snake even stronger, as if there are more interior bunkers blocking out more shots on the snake, it'll take more guns to keep snake players down. More guns on the snake means less guns anywhere else - which makes the snake effective even if it isn't the snake player getting the actual kills.

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:04 PM #300
merked12

merked12 is playing at Living Legends VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincityballer01 View Post
I totally agree that we should focus on more people "playing" paintball then when it will be on tv next. If more people are aware of tournement paintball as a actual sport the more people will be more interested when they stop on espn 3 years from now and they see paintball on. The game will have to be revolutionized for that to happen tho, as there is no "center of attention" in the current leagues. They tried to create a few league to be broadcast on tv. But they failed as miserably as LTZ.
Exactly. TV networks aren't going to pick up an organization that is bleeding money. To me, the #1 priority for people in the tournament industry is to get more people playing tournaments (and I'm far removed from those days) and then focus on marketing it in different mediums. However, there will also be those so naive that they think paintball is on the cusp of "making it big" like it's 2002 all over again. Sigh....
merked12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 PM #301
mctech
Old Bastard

mctech supports our troops
mctech is Boss
mctech supports DLX Technology
mctech supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Damien has said several times that they are shorter than the 2011 beams.

I don't see what all the apprehension here is. 6 long narrow things are replaced with 4 medium narrow things and 4 bent narrow things. either they keep putting other bunkers in the snake, in which case it ain't much different than before, or they don't, in which case you use the interior bunkers on the field to block out other bunkers to make your shots.

I mean, really, even before, if you can shoot at someone from the snake, they can shoot at you. If, in the past, you used a "knuckle" to block out a different player so you could shoot a player, worst case now you just move to put another bunker on the field between you.

This could actually make the snake even stronger, as if there are more interior bunkers blocking out more shots on the snake, it'll take more guns to keep snake players down. More guns on the snake means less guns anywhere else - which makes the snake effective even if it isn't the snake player getting the actual kills.

- Chris
Old 02-06-2012, 05:43 PM #302
p.r.guy (Banned)

p.r.guy is for the Gunfight
p.r.guy is attending Decay of Nations VI
loos cool
p.r.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:54 PM #303
Speedballer844

Speedballer844 is a Paintball photographer
Has psp confirmed these yet? or just sup air.
Speedballer844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:28 PM #304
Mr Idiot Box
Stock Classy

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedballer844 View Post
Has psp confirmed these yet? or just sup air.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3737379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
There will be additional/different bunkers for 2012.

I am not aware of what those bunkers will be. But I do know that there will be some minor changes.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not the one who decides whether Sup'Air changes their bunkers from year to year. As a matter of fact, I was under the impression that there would not be any changes this year. I was wrong.

I do know the Adrenaline Games staff was at the Shot Show this past week and that may be why they were not answering calls and had full mailboxes.

Anyway, I'm guessing you guys will know the new bunkers when I do.

Lane
I say go Ultimate Airball and start buying american products.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 02-06-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:32 PM #305
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:

This is what I've ben trying to tell people.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:46 PM #306
Alpha Q Up
G.T.O.L

plays in the NXL
Alpha Q Up posts videos on PbNation
Alpha Q Up has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Alpha Q Up is an NCPA player
because the front elbow part is so low now, isnt it going to be a lot easier to shoot people that are getting into/filling the snake??!?!

if someone is already in corner they can shoot right above the "elbow" downfield and because its so low all the balls will go directly to the back of the snake where the player is sliding in... ur gonna be able to rain down paint on the snake super easy i think..
Alpha Q Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:51 PM #307
seanr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
because the front elbow part is so low now, isnt it going to be a lot easier to shoot people that are getting into/filling the snake??!?!

if someone is already in corner they can shoot right above the "elbow" downfield and because its so low all the balls will go directly to the back of the snake where the player is sliding in... ur gonna be able to rain down paint on the snake super easy i think..
makes any argument null and void.

Wait until you play with the bunkers and then talk...this thread is a poop storm for speculation.
seanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:03 PM #308
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanr

makes any argument null and void.

Wait until you play with the bunkers and then talk...this thread is a poop storm for speculation.
True but at this time all we can really do is hope for the best and expect the worst.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:15 PM #309
Speedballer844

Speedballer844 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3737379

I say go Ultimate Airball and start buying american products.
Yes but psp itself hasn't clarified specifically the new snake and elbow will be the bunkers have they? I really don't give two ***** what bunkers ill be playing this year because regardless everyone's going to be playing them, you just have to do it better.
Speedballer844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:19 PM #310
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Shorter as in not as tall according to this post from Damien at AG:

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post74255729
Then this bunker is a tube constructed of fresh steamy ****

I'm a big guy, and it isn't easy for me to play snake, but every now and then I DO have to get in and play it. As it stands, I have just enough room to be able to comfortably reach for pods on my back or move down without them seeing a little bit of my pack.

The lower you make the beams, the less people you have that can play them. The less people that can play certain parts of the field, the less teams you'll have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post
*sigh* people don't read....... they are 2.5 feet tall, just like the 2011 beams

Quote:
I don't see what all the apprehension here is.

- Chris
Height going down = bad idea for snake.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:29 PM #311
bparsons14

bparsons14 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bparsons14 is an NCPA player
bparsons14 plays in the APPA D5 division
Not being a snake player myself, I can't speak from experience. However, the new snakes open up an opportunity for snake players to further challenge themselves. Now, no one can sit behind the knuckle that was taller than the snake and lay waste to the dorito side. Games will no longer be won and lost from the snake
Old 02-06-2012, 07:53 PM #312
Barney

Barney owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Barney supports Empire
Barney is All In
I'm quiting PB after 20 years because of these bunkers. It has nothing to do with the field, just the whinning. Every year The PSP "destroys" paintball. If the guns get faster they are too fast, if the slow them down its too slow. THe game gets stale without some changes. I look at the bunkers that will be removed from the snake as a chance for the center of the field to play better then ever. How great would it be to see some cool up the gut moves?(unstopped by a kid camping at the s1 knuckle) If the changes suck, psp will change again. It will be ok. I promise.
Barn
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 PM #313
plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney View Post
I'm quiting PB after 20 years because of these bunkers. It has nothing to do with the field, just the whinning. Every year The PSP "destroys" paintball. If the guns get faster they are too fast, if the slow them down its too slow. THe game gets stale without some changes. I look at the bunkers that will be removed from the snake as a chance for the center of the field to play better then ever. How great would it be to see some cool up the gut moves?(unstopped by a kid camping at the s1 knuckle) If the changes suck, psp will change again. It will be ok. I promise.
Barn
peace
plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 PM #314
bassbumkyle
Macdev

bassbumkyle owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bassbumkyle is for the Gunfight
bassbumkyle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bassbumkyle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cant wait to see how these work...
bassbumkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:30 PM #315
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
filling into the snake will definitely be tougher, you'll pretty much have to run for it and superman slide in.... and hope the corner gets shot off the break. It'll make the snake more challenging in general, but not impossible.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.