PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-24-2012, 02:04 PM #1
Wa11yB

Need Direction: just bought a WPD 2k2 Butterknife C&C

First - what does that mean?

I have been out of the sport for 15 year so I picked up a used angel to get into it. Always wanted one.

Can anyone tell me about this gun?

Is there a manual?

It has intellifeed, how does that work?

Can I convert this to use a 9v instead of the nimh and how?

I am guessing I can't use a computer link cable to program my gun since their site is no longer up (RIP)

Just trying to see what I an getting myself into. I love the forum and all the great info

Last edited by Wa11yB : 05-24-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Can't spell
Wa11yB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2012, 03:43 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
The "Butterknife" was just a colloquial name for a particular milling pattern.

You can find a manual here: http://www.angelowners.com/showthrea...-(PDF-and-HTML)

Intellifeed is a system to activate and power an agitating loader using the circuit board inside the gun. You can also use it with newer loaders to activate the motor, but not to power it.

In order to use 9 volt batteries you would need to upgrade your board. Currently the only board available for Angels at retail is the Virtue board, and it costs about as much as the gun itself is worth. However, 7th Element is working on an Angel board that should be priced at about half, or if you wanted to go the DIY route you could install a Universal T Board or PMR board (the latter is very inexpensive and was gaining popularity as an alternative for the LCDs. See here). You may also be interested in the CR123A mod that replaced the stock NiMH battery with disposable camera batteries: http://www.angelowners.com/showthrea...able-batteries

You would need a Datalink cable/kit to interface with the gun on your computer. They are difficult to find used, but you can build a DIY one. Unless you've got a locked board, I would generally say it's not really worth it, but here's some info: http://www.angelowners.com/showthrea...-Own-Data-Link

Check out the Ultimate Sticky for more good info. Check out the Lube Thread for a maintenance guide. Between that and the manual you should be pretty well covered.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:04 PM #3
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Yeah, what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:48 AM #4
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Wally, I would have been happy to answer any questions you might have had before buying the marker. The big recess of mill work in the rear of the body looks like the end of a "butterknife". First off, I remember what frame that is now, it's an old Eclipse Blade Frame on that Angel. Second, if you want to go the 9v route, Dr. Strangelove is correct on the really only board available being the Virtue. Upside, lifetime warranty, downside, $135 new and since your putting that into an LCD, you'll have 3 places on the inside of that grip frame that will need to be milled to make it fit correctly. If you do decide to do that, I can send you photos of were it needs to be milled. Or send it back and I can have it done for you, $40. Also, if you do decide to go with a Virtue, I personally would consider pulling out the battery and the LCD board then and throwing them up for sale. I have seen working LCD boards go from $50-100, and batteries around $30-50. And if I'm not mistaken all the pixels were good on that screen. So you could probably get enough out of the old electronics to pay for the Virtue. I have 4 Angels upgraded with Virtue's and all work flawlessly.
On that old of a marker, get a decent hopper like a Empire or a Halo and you won't have to worry about the intellifeed at all. It doesn't have eye's, so..you really won't see much of any difference. A Dye Rotor for that marker would just be overkill. Back in the day a VL rev was enough to keep it throwing paint, which I still have 2 that I use. My son shoots basically the same thing that you want, a 2000 Dark with Virtue and Halo hopper, they keep up just fine together. Actually that Dark is pretty scary on how fast it rips paint with the way I have the trigger set up. Hope this helps and don't hesitate to contact me with any more questions. Nathan
nlrunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 AM #5
trancer23
Angel Collector

is playing at Living Legends XI
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
trancer23 is Legendary
actually, the angel lcd frames from eclipse support both lcd and ir3 style boards, so i dont think you have to mill.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM #6
AngelKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
actually, the angel lcd frames from eclipse support both lcd and ir3 style boards, so i dont think you have to mill.
LCD definitely not, IR3, I don't THINK so but i'm not positive, doc would be the best person to answer that unless bob comes online first...
AngelKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:41 AM #7
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, the eclipse frame I'm not sure but if it was stock, definitely so. Three places need done, 2 places on the IR3. Trust me I know, I've had to do it, on both models. Don't believe, call up Jay at PBSports, he'll tell you the same thing. He was the one that told me it had to be done in order to get the Virtue to fit in the frame.
nlrunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM #8
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The Eclipse Blade frame requires some cutting to the right (non-LCD side) of the frame and the drilling and tapping of a hole for the top board screw. The stock frame also requires some minor cuts and drilling and tapping a hole for the top board screw. You can see the process on a stock frame here: http://www.angelowners.com/showthrea...-working-again
Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 PM #9
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
forget the info(that's all great), i would give positive feedback to Dr.Strangelove just for using the term 'colloquial' and properly to boot!.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 PM #10
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Lol
Old 06-02-2012, 01:33 PM #11
Wa11yB

Hey guys sorry for ot getting back to you. I actually had foot surgery and have been away. I tried playing paintball and ended up with a hematoma on my foot fron aggitating the surgeory so i can't play for another two weeks.

Anyway, I want to thank you for the useful info. I do have so many more qustion on this gun. i am working on getting this setup to shoot. I hope I can be of help soon on the forums for other people and again I do thank you for the input. It seems very difficult to find information on this dang gun online.

How to I lube the internals? I think its something with the breech port. Is that the hole on the breech thats above the regulator or is it the slot thing. Sorry still getting used to the part names. The last gun I owned was a Brass Eagle Sting ray 2...lol I did have a blast with that thing though.

For some reason I am not into the new style guns I like the old school.
Wa11yB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:45 PM #12
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The "Lube Thread" in the ultimate sticky has a maintenance and lube guide.

The manual can be downloaded here and covers all the basics of the gun. That should help you get started and get familiar with the layout and parts.