Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 PM #64
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromage_redux View Post
wheres a good spot for a person, sober!, to hide their weed incase of a search....

like a spot cops don check much. Im thinking of like, underneath the seat, a clean incision, and it packed up under. really a hassle to get too.
I have a strange feeling he's not going to answer this.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM #65
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
I have a strange feeling he's not going to answer this.
... punk is the best. Certainly there is a spot that cops just go "**** it" and give up.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 PM #66
Jessecain1

my school had a hit list last year with about 20 kids on it, i went to school knoing nothing of it (nobody contacted me or anything) as i walked into the building i noticed somthing was up there were offficers at every hallway and a few of my classes actually had officers guarding the doors. there where k9 dogs searching the grounds, and the teachers had to escourt you between classes, it even went as far as a fw kids wearing flap jackets to school. my question is that shouldn't have the police or school have the responsability to make sure every student/parent gets information on whats going on? and is it just me or does it seem dumb they didn't close the school?

][ Inverted

http://98og.net/
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 PM #67
Tremor HSP

Tremor HSP is a Supporting Member
That seems to be more of an issue that would be brought up with your school principal and/or superintendent. The police were present, they did their job.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 PM #68
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
wheres a good spot for a person, sober!, to hide their weed incase of a search....

like a spot cops don check much. Im thinking of like, underneath the seat, a clean incision, and it packed up under. really a hassle to get too.
correct answer is: deny search.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Old 10-09-2007, 11:44 PM #69
EY3
one love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessecain1 View Post
my school had a hit list last year with about 20 kids on it, i went to school knoing nothing of it (nobody contacted me or anything) as i walked into the building i noticed somthing was up there were offficers at every hallway and a few of my classes actually had officers guarding the doors. there where k9 dogs searching the grounds, and the teachers had to escourt you between classes, it even went as far as a fw kids wearing flap jackets to school. my question is that shouldn't have the police or school have the responsability to make sure every student/parent gets information on whats going on? and is it just me or does it seem dumb they didn't close the school?
if they had the dogs you dont have anything to worry about. the dogs dont require you to submit to a search. as long as theyre not doing random searches.

same thing happened at my school when we had a bomb threat. when something happens its good to have some protection.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 PM #70
EY3
one love

Quote:
... punk is the best. Certainly there is a spot that cops just go "**** it" and give up.
eat it.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 PM #71
Bunkered89

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Bunkered89 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by EY3 View Post
eat it.
No seriously though. If I had a small enough amount to eat and I was about to get busted, you are damn right I will scarf that **** down. Whether its a joint, blunt, nug, whatever.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:46 AM #72
NO BUENO

Just don't get pulled over with weed.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:02 AM #73
LegacyWins

Thank you for the great thread and your service officers.

What do you do in a normal day of work?

Whats your favorite/least favorite thing to do...
Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 AM #74
apunkjunkie

Quote:

The only place I'm not checking is your butt hole (had to edit to due swear filter).....seriously. Because if you want to hide your weed there, then smoke it later....more power to ya.

Last edited by apunkjunkie : 10-10-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:51 AM #75
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyWins View Post
Thank you for the great thread and your service officers.

What do you do in a normal day of work?

Whats your favorite/least favorite thing to do...
My normal day of work is I go in whenever I'm told...but ideally, I go in around 2pm and get off work around midnight. I head in and do work on the computer from 1-2 hours then hit the road for followups on cases or intel gathering. Gang suppression is all about intelligence, and that's what I usually aim to do. I do that for a few more hours, go eat, then hit the road or office again (depending on how much I have to do). When I don't have any cases, I basically go out there and try to arrest people.

I hate working accidents. 80% of the time, the person who is at fault in the accident has some lame excuse on why they weren't the cause of the accident. I'm also not a big fan of writing tickets, though I have to to keep my job.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 AM #76
Bunkered89

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
My normal day of work is I go in whenever I'm told...but ideally, I go in around 2pm and get off work around midnight. I head in and do work on the computer from 1-2 hours then hit the road for followups on cases or intel gathering. Gang suppression is all about intelligence, and that's what I usually aim to do. I do that for a few more hours, go eat, then hit the road or office again (depending on how much I have to do). When I don't have any cases, I basically go out there and try to arrest people.

I hate working accidents. 80% of the time, the person who is at fault in the accident has some lame excuse on why they weren't the cause of the accident. I'm also not a big fan of writing tickets, though I have to to keep my job.
How bad is gang activity seriously in your area? I was under the assumption that gang activity has calmed down(except in South Central California) quite a bit since the 90's. What gangs do you deal with? Bloods + Crips? What sets?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 AM #77
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
How bad is gang activity seriously in your area? I was under the assumption that gang activity has calmed down(except in South Central California) quite a bit since the 90's. What gangs do you deal with? Bloods + Crips? What sets?
We deal with mostly hybrid black gangs and traditional hispanic gangs. We don't have the bloods and crips like they do in CA or NYC or gangsta disciples like they do in Chicago....but we have gangs that follow the same traditions, yet aren't run by the guys in CA. We know they're speaking to each other through the internet, yet so far there hasn't been a collaboration between everyone.

A hybrid gang is kind of like a neighborhood gang, that doesn't call themselves a gang, but a "clique" or "rap group." Even though they don't call themselves a gang, by the law they are a gang. We'll use a local hybrid (from another agency) as an example. There's a gang called the Franklin Road Mafia....they have bloods, crips, and gangsta disciples all in the same gang that live on this one stretch of road. These hybrids are responsible for most of the burglaries, thefts, and armed robberies in my jurisdiction.

However, our hispanic gangs are getting worse each year. We end up deporting the leaders (if we can) and they just come right back. We work very well with ICE, in fact we deported 7 or 8 hispanic gang members from my local fair with the help of ICE. We have Surenos (all subsets), Nortenos, BSL, PVL, Latin Kings, etc.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:45 AM #78
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

How come Officers who know another Cop is dirty/abusive with power, do nothing about it?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:49 AM #79
Bunkered89

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
We deal with mostly hybrid black gangs and traditional hispanic gangs. We don't have the bloods and crips like they do in CA or NYC or gangsta disciples like they do in Chicago....but we have gangs that follow the same traditions, yet aren't run by the guys in CA. We know they're speaking to each other through the internet, yet so far there hasn't been a collaboration between everyone.

A hybrid gang is kind of like a neighborhood gang, that doesn't call themselves a gang, but a "clique" or "rap group." Even though they don't call themselves a gang, by the law they are a gang. We'll use a local hybrid (from another agency) as an example. There's a gang called the Franklin Road Mafia....they have bloods, crips, and gangsta disciples all in the same gang that live on this one stretch of road. These hybrids are responsible for most of the burglaries, thefts, and armed robberies in my jurisdiction.

However, our hispanic gangs are getting worse each year. We end up deporting the leaders (if we can) and they just come right back. We work very well with ICE, in fact we deported 7 or 8 hispanic gang members from my local fair with the help of ICE. We have Surenos (all subsets), Nortenos, BSL, PVL, Latin Kings, etc.
That's pretty interesting. But yeah, I know what you mean about not actually calling themselves gangs anymore. I hear that a lot in my area(Miami).
Old 10-10-2007, 12:23 PM #80
read5656

If you see a teen smoking a cigarette, what do you do?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 PM #81
Cone_420
B-Unit

I've always wondered what a cop can or will do if you insult them in public. I know each state has a different definition of what is considered a threat, but what if I just walk down the street and call an officer a hater say they suck or something like that?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM #82
Bunkered89

Quote:
Originally Posted by read5656 View Post
If you see a teen smoking a cigarette, what do you do?
Yeah I always wondered that too. If you see a teen or someone that looks like they might be 18 but you are not sure, do you even bother? I mean obviously you would bust a middle-schooler or younger if they had tobacco products, but what do you do in a case where you are not exactly sure of the age?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM #83
Derr

It's pretty easy to tell if someone is underage. They lack the requisite confidence of a real ID.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:44 PM #84
Gold_Eagle (Banned)

I have a question about 4th Amendment rights. Say a cop wants to search my truck even though I don't smoke and am not drunk and have only committed a traffic violation (ie 10 over, or didnt stop at stop sign). What do I do?
Closed Thread