Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM #1
Teacher09

Extcy not firing

Hey guys, just purchased an Extcy from a fellow PB Nationer and I'm having some troubles. I'm using C02 and the gun will not shoot at all. It turns on fine, but even if I put it into the mode where the eyes ignore whether or not a ball is in the chamber, I can't get anything out of it. It acknowledges every trigger pull by blinking, but it does not shoot any air out of the gun. Here's what I've tried so far:

changed batteries
tried different c02 tanks - all are full
tried setting the trigger to a different position
tried adjusting the velocity
reset the board to factory settings
changed the dwell to 30, 33, and tried 40

I'm really at a loss and the person I bought it from has great feedback and told me it worked perfectly.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated. I'm bummed right now

Last edited by Teacher09 : 02-23-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Teacher09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 PM #2
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
make sure your asa is on, using duracell batteries, or another very long lasting one, there isnt something in your breech. my guess is your asa isnt right, or your banjos are fully blown out. if you could post a video of it perhaps i could help you more. im not great diagnosing without hands on/seeing it
Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 PM #3
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Are you sure the gun is gassed up?
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:04 PM #4
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
C02 and an Extacy with a Blackheart ? If he is adjusting the dwell, chances are it has an aftermarket board or a Blackheart. I suggest borrowing an HPA tank before you blow the solenoid. Usually, its just a battery issue, I would go buy some new coppertops and try that first.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:23 PM #5
Teacher09

The video shows the marker in "ignore" mode and I pull the trigger a few times. Then I remove the tank to show that it was aired up. I have taken out the bolt a few times to examine it and it has released some air as well, so air is getting to the internals.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:01 PM #6
flydude

when you plug in the battery, does the led light blink red or green? I thought I had a problem today with mine, and it turns out the trigger was already pressing the microswitch making it unable to fire.
flydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:48 AM #7
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
C02 and an Extacy with a Blackheart ? If he is adjusting the dwell, chances are it has an aftermarket board or a Blackheart. I suggest borrowing an HPA tank before you blow the solenoid. Usually, its just a battery issue, I would go buy some new coppertops and try that first.
The extcy comes stock with blackheart and is A co2 gun
Old 02-24-2012, 03:50 AM #8
azhector

My best guess is the solenoid blew... Call the guy you bought it from and work out a deal for getting it fixed if its not covered on warranty
Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 AM #9
Teacher09

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydude View Post
when you plug in the battery, does the led light blink red or green? I thought I had a problem today with mine, and it turns out the trigger was already pressing the microswitch making it unable to fire.
The LED blinks yellow. According to the manual, it means that the charge is between 50-75%. What adjustment did you make to the trigger?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 AM #10
Teacher09

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
My best guess is the solenoid blew... Call the guy you bought it from and work out a deal for getting it fixed if its not covered on warranty
Any way to test that to find out for sure?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:57 AM #11
flydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher09 View Post
The LED blinks yellow. According to the manual, it means that the charge is between 50-75%. What adjustment did you make to the trigger?
So when you first plug in the battery the LED flashes yellow? I'm talking as soon as you connect the battery to the 9v terminal.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:39 AM #12
Teacher09

Quote:
So when you first plug in the battery the LED flashes yellow? I'm talking as soon as you connect the battery to the 9v terminal.
Nope, it flashes yellow when I turn the marker on. I get five quick yellow flashes, then it goes to green.

Here's what the manual says about that:

Each time the eXTCy is turned on, the power button LED will blink 5 times rapidly, with its color indicating the estimated charge level of the battery. Green indicates a charge level between 75% and 100%. Yellow denotes a charge level between 50% and 75%, while red flashing indicates that the remaining charge is estimated to be below 50%. It is important to note that different types and even brands of rechargeable batteries will give different readings than alkaline batteries, so experience will be the best teacher as to how much remaining use to expect once a reduced charge level is indicated.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:00 AM #13
flydude

Quote:
Nope, it flashes yellow when I turn the marker on. I get five quick yellow flashes, then it goes to green.

Here's what the manual says about that:

Each time the eXTCy is turned on, the power button LED will blink 5 times rapidly, with its color indicating the estimated charge level of the battery. Green indicates a charge level between 75% and 100%. Yellow denotes a charge level between 50% and 75%, while red flashing indicates that the remaining charge is estimated to be below 50%. It is important to note that different types and even brands of rechargeable batteries will give different readings than alkaline batteries, so experience will be the best teacher as to how much remaining use to expect once a reduced charge level is indicated.
So it flashes yellow when you turn it on.

I was asking when you PLUG in the battery, does the led light up...?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:06 AM #14
Teacher09

Quote:
So it flashes yellow when you turn it on.

I was asking when you PLUG in the battery, does the led light up...?
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I haven't looked at the LED while plugging in the battery - just so we are on the same page, are you talking about the LED that is behind the on/off button?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 AM #15
flydude

yep, the led behind the on/off button.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM #16
Teacher09

Alrighty, I will check that when I get home. Thanks for your help so far
Old 02-24-2012, 01:17 PM #17
flydude

actually, i just reread your first post, and you are able to get into programming mode, which means you shouldn't be having the problem i was thinking.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:27 PM #18
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
The extcy comes stock with blackheart and is A co2 gun
GoG must have updated the solenoid from then. The Extacy is basically an Ion, but the older Ion did not like c02. I remember when they released the Vibe/Sp-1 they changed the solenoid so it could handle c02 better, I didn't realize the newer Extacy used the same solenoid. Interesting. Teacher, disregard my original post.

Teacher, the air you hear after removing the tank is coming from the reg. My SP-1 is the same way. A minute or two after removing the tank, the reg vents off releasing any air between the reg and the air source. The air maybe going to the reg, but not to your solenoid. If your solenoid is damaged, a replacement is fairly in-expensive. GoG sells them for 39.95 for the board and the noid or 20.00 for just the board or...22.50 for just the noid.

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 02-24-2012 at 02:35 PM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:33 PM #19
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
GoG must have updated the solenoid from then. The Extacy is basically an Ion, but the older Ion did not like c02. I remember when they released the Vibe/Sp-1 they changed the solenoid so it could handle c02 better, I didn't realize the newer Extacy used the same solenoid. Interesting. Teacher, disregard my original post.

Teacher, the air you hear after removing the tank is coming from the reg. My SP-1 is the same way. A minute or two after removing the tank, the reg vents off releasing any air between the reg and the air source. The air maybe going to the reg, but not to your solenoid. If your solenoid is damaged, a replacement is fairly in-expensive. GoG sells them for 39.95 for the board and the noid or 20.00 for just the board or...22.50 for just the noid.
This is correct, its a 2011 ion with a co2 solenoid (although I've never cycled any through my gun. but obviously the extcy "belongs" to a different company so slight difference. And the board is like 50 now
Old 02-24-2012, 03:35 PM #20
azhector

Quote:
Any way to test that to find out for sure?
I honestly don't know. After you get all your help here I suggest calling the seller, let him know what happened and link this thread. take it to a pro shop would be a good bet.

did he install a qev on the gun, you happen to know?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:44 PM #21
cutstep
Minnesota

cutstep is playing at Living Legends III
cutstep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
did you adjust the reg pressure screw at all... this was brand new so the reg is likely adjusted all the way in.. try screwing it out and see what happens
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote