Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-20-2011, 08:47 PM #1
Ethrealwolf
Somebody'll stab ya

has been a member for 10 years
Little help?

Alright guys, I need some help.

I have a friend who's interested in getting into paintball. I've already got her covered for equipment, no worries there.

I need to know, what's a decent woodsball field relatively near Fayetteville/Ft.Bragg that ISN'T the coats field? I've been there a few times, and never really liked it, and don't want to take her somewhere I know I don't like to start out with. Similarly, I don't want to start her out on the speedball field, just because I know how unforgiving speedball can be.

I'd looked at ESP, but I know their old location really didn't have anything in the way of woodsball, what about their new location?

thanks for the help in advance, guys.
Ethrealwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2011, 10:00 PM #2
ErinUSMC

ErinUSMC owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ErinUSMC supports Team VICIOUS
Come out to Nature of the Game. We got a woods all field and a bunch of teams and regs that can help in the speedball aspect as well.
ErinUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:38 PM #3
GundogHitman
JUSTICE

GundogHitman plays in the PSP
GundogHitman owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
GundogHitman plays in the APPA D4 division
I know it's out of the way, but there is a huge player base for females at xtreme kombat. we get alot of the college and local buisness groups. The field has a large female client base, I highly recomend you make the trip, it would be worth it.

Also, I know you said you got the equipment covered but I wanted to express the importance of chest protection... the more protection the better of course but at a minimum you need to have chest protection. Females either love the game or hate it after their first shot... and if it is in a vulnerable spot, they will NOT walk back out on the field. Good luck whatever field you choose, and have fun!
GundogHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 AM #4
Grumpyoldman
GM, Extreme Sports Paintb

ESP is still at its old location but the owner assures me ithe new site will be done.
Spring Lake, NC 28390
(910) 823-2227

www.extremesportspaintball.com
Grumpyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:07 PM #5
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethrealwolf View Post
Alright guys, I need some help.

I have a friend who's interested in getting into paintball. I've already got her covered for equipment, no worries there.

I need to know, what's a decent woodsball field relatively near Fayetteville/Ft.Bragg that ISN'T the coats field? I've been there a few times, and never really liked it, and don't want to take her somewhere I know I don't like to start out with. Similarly, I don't want to start her out on the speedball field, just because I know how unforgiving speedball can be.

I'd looked at ESP, but I know their old location really didn't have anything in the way of woodsball, what about their new location?

thanks for the help in advance, guys.
I'm not sure who is currently in charge of the Freedom field in Fayetteville, but I believe that it's a Black River field. Might be worth checking out; I know they host some scenario events there. Might be worth looking into.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:36 PM #6
Ethrealwolf
Somebody'll stab ya

Thanks for the help so far, guys.

I'd been looking to hit up Xtreme Kombat myself, sometime before fulda, so we might make the trip up there in the next couple of weeks.

as for freedom, last time I'd heard, that field was closed for good.
Ethrealwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:19 PM #7
Greg!

Greg! plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Greg! is an NCPA player
Greg! plays in the APPA D2 division
Freedom field is closed for good.